Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/14, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=dohc97;6846279]
Originally Posted by Cdvision
Installed Redline hood struts...bye, bye ugly prop rod!!

How did you get the rubber nub in the hole? I just installed the bracket under the metal lip in preparation for when my hood strut comes in and the nub is way below the surface of the metal lip.
I just cut about a 1/2" of rubber out of the middle and everything went together perfect.
Old 9/1/14, 08:41 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Took mine out for a drive. Was only going to go into Anderson Valley on CA 128 (the major route from the SF Bay Area to Mendocino) for about 45 minutes, turn around and come home. Kept pushing "Just a little farther". Coast was beautiful, cloudless and calm. Picnic on an ocean bluff above Manchester. Continued to Jenner (60-80 miles on CA 1-world class scenery). Finally turned inland. 60 mile trip turned into 230 mile trip. Gas mileage improved too.

Last edited by junkman9096; 9/1/14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 9/3/14, 12:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drove 72 miles in less than 40 minutes...LOL I love the autobahn!!!
Old 9/3/14, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

I changed out my map lights (that I had gotten about a year and a half ago from HID Guy) to ones I just got from Diode Dynamics. The LED bulbs were much beefier (in a good way) than the ones I got from HID Guy and seem to work better overall (I had some flickering issues with the old ones).

I also added the running pony inserts to the door locks from Diode Dynamics as well... They match the ones I got in my cup holder a few months back...

Name:  2013_Mustang_Map_Lights-09_2014-sm_zps5e93466c.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  2013_Mustang_door_lock_insert-09_2014-sm_zpsea4f526d.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  97.6 KB
Old 9/3/14, 11:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I changed out my map lights (that I had gotten about a year and a half ago from HID Guy) to ones I just got from Diode Dynamics. The LED bulbs were much beefier (in a good way) than the ones I got from HID Guy and seem to work better overall (I had some flickering issues with the old ones). I also added the running pony inserts to the door locks from Diode Dynamics as well... They match the ones I got in my cup holder a few months back...
Nice. Are those red LEDs for the map lights?
Old 9/3/14, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Nice. Are those red LEDs for the map lights?
Thanks! Yep.
Old 9/3/14, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I changed out my map lights (that I had gotten about a year and a half ago from HID Guy) to ones I just got from Diode Dynamics. The LED bulbs were much beefier (in a good way) than the ones I got from HID Guy and seem to work better overall (I had some flickering issues with the old ones).

I also added the running pony inserts to the door locks from Diode Dynamics as well... They match the ones I got in my cup holder a few months back...
Nice, I've been meaning to swap out my map lights to LEDs.
Old 9/3/14, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I swapped out my map lights, license plate and trunk lights with LED from Diode Dynamics. It was a great buy and I actually received some compliments from a fellow mustang owner that agreed they were much brighter than stock yellow.
Old 9/3/14, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed the map, truck and plate LED package from DD a few months ago. Installed the door handle inserts last weekend.
Old 9/3/14, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Washed,

Applied Klasse AIO
Applied Klasse Sealant from top to bottom.

Total time 6 hours. Next coat of sealant will just be the roof, hood, trunk, and top half of the sides, should only take an hour or two, the first time is always the most time consuming. Those areas usually get the most UV damage.

Installed Laminex for the head/fog lights.

Bout it.

Upcoming: Replacing the trunk lid liner, and a few other small things. I'm almost done with the mods for a long while. I'm waiting to see if I'll need All Season tires, but I'm leaning towards not needing them for the winter.

Last edited by Critical Mass; 9/3/14 at 12:41 PM.
Old 9/3/14, 08:26 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just installed an MGW Shifter and GT500 Axle Backs on my new 2014 GT. Had the GT500 setup on my 2012 and they didn't disappoint. The new shifter takes some getting use to. Much more solid, but also much more mechanical in feel. And definitely a small increase in noise and vibration.
Old 9/3/14, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I drove it to and from work today. I missed it after driving my beater for a week.
Old 9/3/14, 09:31 PM
GT Member

Ordered a second set of track pack wheels. Now to decide whether to plastidip or powdercoat black, or just leave them as is.
Old 9/3/14, 09:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Critical Mass
Washed,

Applied Klasse AIO
Applied Klasse Sealant from top to bottom.

Total time 6 hours. Next coat of sealant will just be the roof, hood, trunk, and top half of the sides, should only take an hour or two, the first time is always the most time consuming. Those areas usually get the most UV damage.

Installed Laminex for the head/fog lights.

Bout it.

Upcoming: Replacing the trunk lid liner, and a few other small things. I'm almost done with the mods for a long while. I'm waiting to see if I'll need All Season tires, but I'm leaning towards not needing them for the winter.
How did you like the Klasse application? I thought it was a giant pain in the ***, especially after using Wolfgang (which I switched to). The Klasse looks great, but so does the Wolfgang and it was a breeze to buff off. The Klasse took a lot more work.
Old 9/4/14, 06:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SeaFoam
How did you like the Klasse application? I thought it was a giant pain in the ***, especially after using Wolfgang (which I switched to). The Klasse looks great, but so does the Wolfgang and it was a breeze to buff off. The Klasse took a lot more work.
It took some time, but I didn't find it any more difficult to get off once I started following the directions. One bottle will probably last the life of the car. I had to use very little. The first panel I did, I used too much and had to use some quick detailer to help get it off, after that, I followed the directions. lol.

I am hoping once I get two more coats on there that it will last a solid 3-4 months. All the reviews say 6 months to a year for one coat, but my car sits uncovered all year long so I know I won't get that kind of longevity out of it.

For a quick detail some of the detailers use a mix of the sealant and a bottle of megs basic QD as well which I plan to keep handy. It also gave me the opportunity to find a scratch in the paint on the passenger side where the rear quarter panel meets the trunk. The scratch is actually in the gap between the panels. Probably happened at the factory. So I've ordered a chip repair kit to get that taken care of so it doesn't get worse.

Last edited by Critical Mass; 9/4/14 at 06:19 AM.
Old 9/4/14, 06:43 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I used Klaase many years ago...about 2006 or so. It was a great product for its time. But just like technology and everything else, products greatly improve over time. There are literally dozens of products that produce as good if not far superior shine and look and protection with 100 times easier application and removal, that it's not even funny. I have not used my bottle of Klaase since those years, and it remains far far back in my detailing shelf. I need to throw it away sometime.
Old 9/4/14, 06:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The arrogance of some people astounds me. I'm really starting to dislike this forum.
Old 9/4/14, 08:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
The arrogance of some people astounds me. I'm really starting to dislike this forum.
clarify?
Old 9/4/14, 09:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wheelman

you should go read another thread.... search "average joe" if you really want to get your blood boiling over nonsense!
Old 9/4/14, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I used Klaase many years ago...about 2006 or so. It was a great product for its time. But just like technology and everything else, products greatly improve over time. There are literally dozens of products that produce as good if not far superior shine and look and protection with 100 times easier application and removal, that it's not even funny. I have not used my bottle of Klaase since those years, and it remains far far back in my detailing shelf. I need to throw it away sometime.
Yes, because the formula hasn't changed since 1968.

Your statement is so full of exaggeration it's not even worth the time to argue the point. Use whatever your happy with. I chose Klasse for a very specific reason. Longevity. Wolfgang's does not last as long (also an excellent product). And if you apply it RIGHT, it's no harder to remove than any other product I have encountered that actually lasts longer than a few weeks in the south's sun during the summer months. To me, it is worth the extra hour or two applying it for the extra month or two of protection I will get out of it. Believe it or not, I'm saving time by using Klasse and adding coats (just like Zaino, also excellent) will only improve the shine and the longevity. Which was my sole reason for choosing it.

Many people will use a combination of the Klasse AIO and the Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant over it as well, with excellent results. Before anything is done though, a good Clay bar treatment might be necessary for the best results.

Last edited by Critical Mass; 9/4/14 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?