2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/15, 04:23 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Took the green machine out for a hour cruise today.
Loved the cooler temps. In 4th gear, could hear that slight whine. Pretty good for a Phase 1 car with an enclosed air box. So awesome.
Old 10/22/15, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Made a deal to buy a basically new L&M twin-66mm throttle body.
Should add at least 20 rwhp and 20 rwtq ... got a KB BAP sitting here too, hope to have it all hooked up and be re-tuned within a few days ...

Old 10/23/15, 04:47 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Made a deal to buy a basically new L&M twin-66mm throttle body.
Should add at least 20 rwhp and 20 rwtq ... got a KB BAP sitting here too, hope to have it all hooked up and be re-tuned within a few days ...

Who you gonna have it tuned by, Gabe?
Old 10/23/15, 07:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Who you gonna have it tuned by, Gabe?
Pete Johnson from Performance Dyno, Loudon, NH

Known as "Magic Pete" around here, lol.
Same guy that just re-tuned my GF's Shelby

He just had a Fox body in his shop, car had a complete '03-'04 Cobra swap, interior/engine, with a Whipple on top

https://www.facebook.com/Performance-Dyno-326860964020/

Old 10/23/15, 08:20 AM
I Have No Life

Pete Johnson from Performance Dyno, Loudon, NH

Known as "Magic Pete" around here, lol.
Same guy that just re-tuned my GF's Shelby

He just had a Fox body in his shop, car had a complete '03-'04 Cobra swap, interior/engine, with a Whipple on top

https://www.facebook.com/Performance-Dyno-326860964020/

Wow... Gabe, that thing is AWESOME. How the heck did he get to fit that 03/04 interior into a Fox? Was there a ton of work to be done to get it to fit? it couldn't have been a literal bolt on, could it? Wow... if so, I didn't know they were the same. But man, having 586 ft lbs to the wheels at 2500 rpm through to redline, would be quite a rush.

As far as the engine swap, did they have the same motor mounts? or was that custom fab work too?

Btw... I'm confused with your overall plans/intentions for your own car. I thought I read in another thread, you're thinking about selling your car, getting a shelby, etc... but then you're looking into a BAP, throttle body upgrade, new tune? So are you keeping or selling? lol... wouldn't make sense to spend $$$ with the BAP/TB/tune then turn around and sell shortly? Those 3 things probably would amount to almost 1500 or 2000 bucks... I was just wondering Gabe. I am sure you will make the best decision, but was just wondering what your rationale was.
Old 10/23/15, 08:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow... Gabe, that thing is AWESOME. How the heck did he get to fit that 03/04 interior into a Fox? Was there a ton of work to be done to get it to fit? it couldn't have been a literal bolt on, could it? Wow... if so, I didn't know they were the same. But man, having 586 ft lbs to the wheels at 2500 rpm through to redline, would be quite a rush.

As far as the engine swap, did they have the same motor mounts? or was that custom fab work too?

Btw... I'm confused with your overall plans/intentions for your own car. I thought I read in another thread, you're thinking about selling your car, getting a shelby, etc... but then you're looking into a BAP, throttle body upgrade, new tune? So are you keeping or selling? lol... wouldn't make sense to spend $$$ with the BAP/TB/tune then turn around and sell shortly? Those 3 things probably would amount to almost 1500 or 2000 bucks... I was just wondering Gabe. I am sure you will make the best decision, but was just wondering what your rationale was.
I don't know much about the car other than he tuned it and saw the pics above. I wasn't at the shop when he tuned it .

I laughed out loud at the $1500-2000
Bought a barely used KB bap for $165 and a never used (just mocked up a few times but never run) L&M throttle body for $375 + a stock GT500 throttle body that we took off the GF's Shelby a year ago.
I spend money wisely, lol.
The re-tune is gonna cost a couple hundred at most, I think.
Only other thing I really wanna do is replace my boost gauge with a mechanical one, so that boost readings can be done during Pete's dyno, and so we won't have to rely on the in-car gauge, which kinda sucks.

The car's listed for sale on one Facebook page, and it's listed at $35k as she sits.
I know it's kinda high, but when considering the $20k in mods on the car, it's really not that bad.
And I don't really care if it sells, especially if the new mods will make a big improvement in the way the car drives.
So basically, everything's always for sale ... I just made mine a little more official.
Old 10/23/15, 09:40 AM
I Have No Life

I don't know much about the car other than he tuned it and saw the pics above. I wasn't at the shop when he tuned it .

I laughed out loud at the $1500-2000
Bought a barely used KB bap for $165 and a never used (just mocked up a few times but never run) L&M throttle body for $375 + a stock GT500 throttle body that we took off the GF's Shelby a year ago.
I spend money wisely, lol.
The re-tune is gonna cost a couple hundred at most, I think.
Only other thing I really wanna do is replace my boost gauge with a mechanical one, so that boost readings can be done during Pete's dyno, and so we won't have to rely on the in-car gauge, which kinda sucks.

The car's listed for sale on one Facebook page, and it's listed at $35k as she sits.
I know it's kinda high, but when considering the $20k in mods on the car, it's really not that bad.
And I don't really care if it sells, especially if the new mods will make a big improvement in the way the car drives.
So basically, everything's always for sale ... I just made mine a little more official.
LOL Gabe... well duh, you cheated. I guessed $1500-2000 because I assumed you were buying NEW/Off the shelf stuff. lol. So, you'll be under $1k for everything. That's not bad.

I hear ya on the everything is for sale part. I guess mine is too. LOL. But I dunno man, I can't even think of life without Marilyn. You guys have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I love my car. If I did sell it, esp to folks on here, you think I'd have a hard time? lol.... I'd just get a Shelby to go along WITH Marilyn...
Old 10/23/15, 11:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I'd just get a Shelby to go along WITH Marilyn...
what year?
Old 10/23/15, 12:38 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
what year?
Realistically I want the new gt350 in a couple years. If not I'd settle for a 13-14, or even a Terminator.
Old 10/23/15, 04:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Man, that thing is beast! Very nice.

I think your car will respond very well with those mods you mentioned Gabe. Your throttle response is going to be really nice.
Old 10/23/15, 04:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Man, that thing is beast! Very nice.

I think your car will respond very well with those mods you mentioned Gabe. Your throttle response is going to be really nice.
I hope so.
Will find out soon, that's for sure.
I'll be happy to have the timing backed off a bit though.
Right now the tune has 15 degrees in it, which is 1 more degree than Pete usually puts into them. Also, the knock sensors are allowed in the tune to add more timing if they don't sense knock (due to good gas or whatever), and while that might be nice and give that occasional high dyno-queen numbers, it doesn't provide consistent expected performance.
Pete sets Coyote timing at 13-14 degrees and doesn't allow the knock sensors to add any more timing, but still allows them to take timing out if they sense that the motor's health depends on it.
Old 10/23/15, 06:35 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I hope so.
Will find out soon, that's for sure.
I'll be happy to have the timing backed off a bit though.
Right now the tune has 15 degrees in it, which is 1 more degree than Pete usually puts into them. Also, the knock sensors are allowed in the tune to add more timing if they don't sense knock (due to good gas or whatever), and while that might be nice and give that occasional high dyno-queen numbers, it doesn't provide consistent expected performance.
Pete sets Coyote timing at 13-14 degrees and doesn't allow the knock sensors to add any more timing, but still allows them to take timing out if they sense that the motor's health depends on it.
Exactly.
Dyno-queen numbers don't mean anything if the car doesn't behave as it should/could. Good luck bro and let us know how you make out.
Old 12/8/15, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I had the JBA H-pipe installed today, and resonators deleted. Wow! I love it! Sounds a little louder and a lot meaner!.....ohh! I also installed my Steeda tune and CAI, on saturday. I am feeling satisfied with the changes.
Old 12/8/15, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I had the JBA H-pipe installed today, and resonators deleted. Wow! I love it! Sounds a little louder and a lot meaner!.....ohh! I also installed my Steeda tune and CAI, on saturday. I am feeling satisfied with the changes.
Glad to hear it!

TJ
Old 12/11/15, 01:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a couple-3 very warm days here. Yanked car out of storage to install drivers side breather (already had one passenger, still had drivers side pcv line). Had noticeable oil pulling from the d/s valve cover. Curious to see if this helps remove some of the knock sensor activity I occasionally see during track pulls. To bad I have to wait until next April to check

Last edited by MKMotorsport; 12/11/15 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12/13/15, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Washed, wax, rotated the tires, waxed both sides of the wheels, detailed the wheel wells and installed the Roush 1/4 window louvers.

Old 12/14/15, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love this car its sooo cool.
Old 12/14/15, 02:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Washed, wax, rotated the tires, waxed both sides of the wheels, detailed the wheel wells and installed the Roush 1/4 window louvers.
Looks great Scott!
Old 12/16/15, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed a strut tower bar.
Old 12/17/15, 06:36 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
I've done nothing to my car but, since winter at this point is cancelled I will be taking her out of winter slumber for at least the next couple of weeks. Christmas around here may be in the 60s!!! Woohoo!!!

Last edited by VidPro; 12/17/15 at 06:37 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?