Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/15, 03:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
nice man!!! Which emblem/link did you go with again?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N00P0LG?tag=viglink20865-20

Thanks dude! My friend was helping me do the mod and he kept saying "I don't know" until we put them on. The it was wow. Something about the the silver badges that break up the look. Plus I'm partial to matte finishes.
Old 6/8/15, 04:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Looking GORGEOUS!! I like your hood choice. very nice
Originally Posted by tom281
Patrick it looks great! And what wheels are those
^^What these guys said. Looks killer with that hood and those wheels.
Old 6/8/15, 04:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm planning on doing the GT500 but I'm going to have my old stereo shop mold the stock camera into the GT500 spoiler so it looks OEM.

Here's a quick pic of my car. Got it back last Wednesday, but there's still some stuff I'm not happy about. The wifey was sick all night so I called out today to take care of her and Liam. Coincidentally, that gives me time to take the car to the shop and drop my wheels off at the powder coater...
Really nice Patrick! Looks bad ***!!
Old 6/8/15, 05:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Thanks all. There were a few issues, after not having my car for two months...you'd think it would have been perfect.

They didn't follow any of my instructions, as far as laying out the mods for them in a logical order so that there wasn't any additional assembly and disassembly.

1) Once the car was painted, they reinstalled the 1/4 windows, after I told them not to since I had the SHR louvers on the way. So when they agreed to install them after the guy I was working with got fired, they told me they had to break the windows to get them out. I don't understand why since they didn't break them the first time. Now I don't have stock windows and I'm out the tint I paid to have installed on them. The owner has agreed to get me new windows, as of today.

2) The edge of the trunk where the spoiler was reinstalled is gouged up. It's under the lip of the spoiler, so not too noticeable, but it seems the car was put back together while the paint was still soft. They told me today they'd have to repaint the trunk. I'm really not happy about that. Might just touch it up when I do the GT500 spoiler.

3) Minor quibbles, but issues nonetheless - the driver's side lower fog housing isn't installed all the way and the passenger side marker light flickers sometimes now, which makes me think the harness isn't clipped in all the way. I'll take care of these two annoyances myself.

4) The driver's side door just doesn't open/close as smoothly as it didn't new. I kinda expected this, and it is also minor, but it feels like the car has 100k miles on it, not 13k.... 😔

5) They told me all my stock parts were in the trunk. I just realized my stock fog lights were not in there. Talked to the owner today and they "found them." Seems like someone was trying to collect them to sell or for their own project.

All in all, it seems nothing could go right. I dropped my wheels off at powder coat today and they said they couldn't do what I was asking for, as the tolerances on the wheels are too tight to mask off cleanly. Makes sense to me, and they're the pros, so I deferred to their recommendations and am going a different route with my new wheels. My only hint is this - they'll be machined and dark matte-textured bronze metallic. After the wheels are done, I'll have the BMR parts that I've had for months now, done the same bronze.
Old 6/8/15, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's a couple more pics...
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-image.jpg  
Old 6/8/15, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

And another since I can only upload one at a time...I did some lamin-x light tint on my buddy's Passat and he took some decent pics with his Nikon DSLR.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-image.jpg  
Old 6/8/15, 05:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

And yes, wheels are Niche Lucernes, black candy chrome finish, 19x9.5 ET35 all around with 1/4" spacer up front and 5/16" spacer in the rear.
Old 6/8/15, 05:44 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Here's a couple more pics...
Car does look good though.
Sorry about the issues. If I were you, I'd do all the little things that you can do yourself,.......yourself. lol That way, rest assured, you know it's done right and you don't have to leave your car in "car jail" anymore.
Good luck going forward Patrick!
Old 6/8/15, 05:59 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
And another since I can only upload one at a time...I did some lamin-x light tint on my buddy's Passat and he took some decent pics with his Nikon DSLR.
Looks good Patrick! Sucks about all the issues you've had though.
Old 6/8/15, 07:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

They also forgot to install my hood shocks...and now the squirter lines keep coming undone. Smdh!
Old 6/8/15, 08:24 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
They also forgot to install my hood shocks...and now the squirter lines keep coming undone. Smdh!
Small consolation I know, Patrick, but your car really does look good. The hood and wheels give it pop, and once the GT500 spoiler is on, it's going to look very aggressive. The pics you uploaded are the best you've ever shown of the car.

I agree with Tony. DIY as much as you can. You'll never be satisfied otherwise.

I'm not defending your shop...sounds like the right hand vs the left hand thing. But shops are programmed to put it back together the way the factory wanted it to look. Once a customer starts asking for variations and additional mods which overlap the repair process, they can get confused. It didn't help that your original contact there got dumped. The quarter window issues are most disturbing as well.

The important thing....how does it drive? How does it track and brake? You clearly had unibody misalignment. Keep a close eye on your rear tire wear. As long as it performs as intended, all the other issues become moot points.

Good luck my friend.
Old 6/8/15, 08:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It drives straight and true. The steering wheel alignment is a little off, but the car doesn't pull at all. Once I get the air ride and BMR parts in, I'll have it all aligned again. The wheels should be done next week, I'll have them mounted on my used Michelins, and throw those on. I'm not going to have the trunk repainted until I hear back from a potential employer. Trying to find something else until I get to hear back from the Sheriff. I'm on the ranking list, but my score from my panel interview was much lower than last time, for some reason, so I'm essentially on the waiting list for now.
Old 6/8/15, 08:51 PM
FR500 Member

It drives straight and true. The steering wheel alignment is a little off, but the car doesn't pull at all. Once I get the air ride and BMR parts in, I'll have it all aligned again. The wheels should be done next week, I'll have them mounted on my used Michelins, and throw those on. I'm not going to have the trunk repainted until I hear back from a potential employer. Trying to find something else until I get to hear back from the Sheriff. I'm on the ranking list, but my score from my panel interview was much lower than last time, for some reason, so I'm essentially on the waiting list for now.
Sounds like you're prepared for come what may and have figured out your options. I don't understand how so many people try to get through life without a Plan B.
Old 6/8/15, 09:05 PM
FR500 Member

Well, it didn't melt after all.

I rolled the dice and lost at the end of the game. I was debating taking the Mustang out this afternoon to a family function about 40 minutes away. I had been watching the weather all day yesterday and this morning, and it appeared that the predicted rain was moving out of the area I was visiting. I had a great, top down warm and sunny drive, and it stayed warm and dry until about 8pm. On the way home Mother Nature stuck it to me.

No problems other than a wet car after an 8 hr detailing session yesterday. Luckily I had waxed it, so the rain mostly beaded up with very few water spots. Of course as soon as I put it the garage I gently wiped it down.

Yes, I'm that ****.
Old 6/8/15, 10:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Sounds like you're prepared for come what may and have figured out your options. I don't understand how so many people try to get through life without a Plan B.
My middle name may as well be Plan B. Nothing ever works out the way I plan. As one of those sayings go, expect the best, plan for the worst and be prepared to be surprised...right?
Old 6/8/15, 11:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
My middle name may as well be Plan B. Nothing ever works out the way I plan. As one of those sayings go, expect the best, plan for the worst and be prepared to be surprised...right?

I'll be back down at our pleasonton office in july so by then it should be finished right Patrick. We can take her for a rip to get coffees again

Unfortunately i'll be flying down, not driving.
Old 6/9/15, 07:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Your car looks good and I can only imagine how you feel after not having your car for so long only to have continued issues. I had paint come off (size of a nickle) while washing on my front bumper because of a nasty rock chip. I feel like my bumper is ruined and I can't wait to have it fixed but I have to save for a clear bra.

You should (if you haven't already) invest in a clear bra to protect you new hood and such.
Old 6/9/15, 08:27 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Patrick... Sorry to hear about those issues man. My stand is that you have that shop redo everything they messed up/agreed to do but didn't do. Specifically that trunk gouge. I wouldn't just "touch that up". That's hokey man. Make them redo that paint, painful as it is. Your call on the wiring/flickering. Sounds to me like that's a shop with mediocre performance at best. I wouldn't be happy with what they have done.

Car looks great otherwise.
Old 6/9/15, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you wouldn't need plan B if you left it stock haha!
Old 6/9/15, 04:33 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
you wouldn't need plan B if you left it stock haha!
What is this "stock" thing of which you speak? I've never heard that word used in the same sentence as "Mustang".

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?