Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/15, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
The problems with a "custom name" (and by reading this, you should be able to tell that I've put more than just a passing thought into the idea):

0) Finding suitable letters - Everything available that isn't the "SHELBY" letters looks like they came from deep in the bowels of the J.C. Whitney catalog. I ain't puttin' that crap on my car.

1) Cost - I have much better things to spend money on than paying for custom letters. If I could find someone that could make me aluminum letters for no more than $150, I'd more heavily consider it.

2) Letter count - whatever I change it to has to be an even number of letters (to avoid problems with the odd letter landing right at the splitter in the hood scoop), and can't be any longer than 8 characters. This alone is the main reason I haven't done it - it's hard to come up with something that sounds appropriate with these rather sever limitations.

3) No matter what I choose for a name, I'll get grief. Besides, I've seen cars with "names" on them and quite frankly, every one I've seen was kinda stupid. I've never seen one that really works with the car. In point of fact, I was getting grief from people because of the hood and the stripes - LONG before I put the Shelby letters on it.

4) I'd rather spend a few seconds correcting people when they call it a Shelby rather than several minutes explaining the name I gave it.

Besides all that, the only people that seem to care about how I badge the car are non-Shelby owners. I'm puzzled as to why that is, especially when I clearly refer to it as a Shelby Tribute in my forum sigs and at car shows. I agree, though - it's more than just a Shelby.
Just replace the B with another L and call it SHELLY........
Old 4/7/15, 12:42 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I get some automatic "shelby's park over there..." when driving into car shows, until i correct them
If my Mustang ends of looking like a black version of yours, would you be upset if I called it a Darren GT?
Old 4/7/15, 12:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
If my Mustang ends of looking like a black version of yours, would you be upset if I called it a Darren GT?
Of course, i'll need an address to send my certificate of ethnicity and signature plate

You'll get #002
Old 4/7/15, 01:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The problems with a "custom name" (and by reading this, you should be able to tell that I've put more than just a passing thought into the idea):

0) Finding suitable letters - Everything available that isn't the "SHELBY" letters looks like they came from deep in the bowels of the J.C. Whitney catalog. I ain't puttin' that crap on my car.

1) Cost - I have much better things to spend money on than paying for custom letters. If I could find someone that could make me aluminum letters for no more than $150, I'd more heavily consider it.

2) Letter count - whatever I change it to has to be an even number of letters (to avoid problems with the odd letter landing right at the splitter in the hood scoop), and can't be any longer than 8 characters. This alone is the main reason I haven't done it - it's hard to come up with something that sounds appropriate with these rather sever limitations.

3) No matter what I choose for a name, I'll get grief. Besides, I've seen cars with "names" on them and quite frankly, every one I've seen was kinda stupid. I've never seen one that really works with the car. In point of fact, I was getting grief from people because of the hood and the stripes - LONG before I put the Shelby letters on it.

4) I'd rather spend a few seconds correcting people when they call it a Shelby rather than several minutes explaining the name I gave it.

Besides all that, the only people that seem to care about how I badge the car are non-Shelby owners. I'm puzzled as to why that is, especially when I clearly refer to it as a Shelby Tribute in my forum sigs and at car shows. I agree, though - it's more than just a Shelby.

All valid points. Yes, does sound like you've really given it much thought. For the record, I'm not angry or upset or offended to any degree that you have badged "Shelby" on your car. The only reason why I asked was simply because if you wanted a Shelby, you'd save yourself the money(I don't want to even guess how much) and buy a Shelby ha-ha. I think what you have built is something that far supersedes and is far cooler than any production car like a Shelby on the road today.

I wouldn't be in any position to give you any suggestions on what you've already thought of but playing on words similar to Shelby like Shelly (wife's name??) I know and you're right, just slapping any name would most likely look stupid, especially if it held no value. It would be incredibly hard to come up with a clever name that stands out in a way that people would actually think that whatever you badged it with, were a real branded name mustang (if you could even find the lettering).

Cheers!
Old 4/7/15, 01:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
jsimmons i think it's just fine as is. custom name or shelby matters not. I get some automatic "shelby's park over there..." when driving into car shows, until i correct them

Ironically most of my mustang friends locally have actual shelby's with paperwork and signature plates but we all git along just fine. (at least to my face lol)

P.S. I keep replaying those soundbytes of yours. <drool>
Yeah, nobody gives me smack face-to-face either, and I always correct people when they say something like "Nice Shelby"...
Old 4/7/15, 02:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Awesome photos in here. Awesome.

Originally Posted by Matoolie
Finished Roush phase 3 install a few weekends ago.
VERY NICE!
Have you gotten it on the dyno yet? I'm curious to the HP and TQ numbers. I bet that car is FAST and pulls hard!
Old 4/7/15, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Matoolie
Finished Roush phase 3 install a few weekends ago.
Very nice! Looks great!
Old 4/7/15, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
All valid points. Yes, does sound like you've really given it much thought. For the record, I'm not angry or upset or offended to any degree that you have badged "Shelby" on your car. The only reason why I asked was simply because if you wanted a Shelby, you'd save yourself the money(I don't want to even guess how much) and buy a Shelby ha-ha. I think what you have built is something that far supersedes and is far cooler than any production car like a Shelby on the road today.

I wouldn't be in any position to give you any suggestions on what you've already thought of but playing on words similar to Shelby like Shelly (wife's name??) I know and you're right, just slapping any name would most likely look stupid, especially if it held no value. It would be incredibly hard to come up with a clever name that stands out in a way that people would actually think that whatever you badged it with, were a real branded name mustang (if you could even find the lettering).

Cheers!
"V E N O M O U S"

But then some retard would ask me what "Veeno Mouse" meant. :/
Old 4/7/15, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry RedGT...it seems that I don't get emails when someone replies to the thread. I love the glass roof. It gives the car the openness without getting all that dust in the car. Trust me the car feels airy especially with a black interior.
Originally Posted by RedGT12
How do you like the glass roofs, even since you can't open them?. Be cool to try one out
Old 4/7/15, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice!
Originally Posted by killaz05
Used my new pressure washer and foam cannon this weekend. Love it

Old 4/7/15, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished up installing the Boss 302 rear valance panel. It's f#@&ing snowing right now so I couldn't roll her out to get room for some photos, so that'll have to wait. But for the time being, the body stuff I had planned is done.
Old 4/7/15, 08:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ awesome man. Definitely pics when you can.
Old 4/8/15, 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

"V E N O M O U S"

But then some retard would ask me what "Veeno Mouse" meant. :/

LOL!
Old 4/8/15, 06:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I wouldn't be in any position to give you any suggestions on what you've already thought of but playing on words similar to Shelby like Shelly (wife's name??)
If I did that, my wife would instantly want to know exactly who the hell Shelly is.
Old 4/8/15, 07:02 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
If I did that, my wife would instantly want to know exactly who the hell Shelly is.
Well, I guess that eliminates Carroll too.
Old 4/8/15, 12:11 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Well, I guess that eliminates Carroll too.
Old 4/8/15, 01:42 PM
GT Member

I drove it. As far as names go, I have Rose on the passenger dashboard. In Memory of my mother who passed last year on Good Friday.

And a small Interceptor tribute to the Mad Max film.

Right now I'm trying to find out where the post holes are for the 5.0's on each side of the car. I want to replace them with a simple 302 badge, but I'm not sure if it will cover the post holes. Depends on where they are located. And I still haven't decided whether to install the Carbon Fiber vents on the hood. I don't like that they don't have any mesh in the openings. I'm concerned about some dillweed tossing something into the engine compartment.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 4/8/15 at 01:44 PM.
Old 4/8/15, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by CriticalmassGT
I drove it. As far as names go, I have Rose on the passenger dashboard. In Memory of my mother who passed last year on Good Friday.

And a small Interceptor tribute to the Mad Max film.

Right now I'm trying to find out where the post holes are for the 5.0's on each side of the car. I want to replace them with a simple 302 badge, but I'm not sure if it will cover the post holes. Depends on where they are located. And I still haven't decided whether to install the Carbon Fiber vents on the hood. I don't like that they don't have any mesh in the openings. I'm concerned about some dillweed tossing something into the engine compartment.
Google knows all

Name:  HolesBehind50fenderemblem_zps1c25d39a.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  96.8 KB
Old 4/9/15, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

I've got it!

" W I N D S O R "

meets much of your criteria.

1- Holds meaning.
2- less than 8 characters long
3- I don't think it sounds stupid.

Instead of spending a few seconds correcting people behind the meaning of Shelby, you can instead, educate with starting your motor, they'll catch on reasonably quick.

just a matter of finding a descent site.

http://www.chromeemblems.com/auto_em...t/name/dir/asc

I still used this site to play around.

lol sorry - this has been on the back of my mind and thought I would share the obvious! I like it

Cheers!

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 4/9/15 at 08:02 AM.
Old 4/9/15, 08:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
Google knows all

Yeah, I found the post holes last night. Thanks.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?