Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/14, 06:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimC
Added the Hellion turbo to my 3.7. Took a week of data logging to get Blow By Racing to get the tune correct, despite the advertised "100% complete with full ECU recalibration" from Hellion.

But after doing some test drives on it the engine started to "tick". For some reason the intake valve on the passenger side, furthest back, is sticking causing a sound like a lifter (V6 doesn't have lifters, the cam lobe pushes the valve directly through a bucket set up) So we need to figure out the reason for the sticky valve now, but no indication of a bent valve.
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Neat... I didn't know hellion made a kit for 6.
Originally Posted by MDkid92
I didn't either. More info would be great, provided you have it lol.
I just installed my Koni's, SR Springs, and GT500 mounts with friend and it took us 3 hours total, including all prep and stuff.

I would like to know as well, but still no response.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 5/8/14 at 06:17 AM.
Old 5/8/14, 02:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by B's 5.0
**** who built that road, a bunch of drunks ? Did you ever get the speed over 30 ? The roads over their have just as many patches as the states roads do. all kidding aside nice video and nice sounding Stang.
I hit almost a 100mph a couple of times in this video on the long straight sections. This is in the middle of the country on a back road in Germany. Just driving the speed limit takes around 6+ minutes from start to finish.
Old 5/8/14, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
I hit almost a 100mph a couple of times in this video on the long straight sections. This is in the middle of the country on a back road in Germany. Just driving the speed limit takes around 6+ minutes from start to finish.

Would be a great road for motorcycles too.
Old 5/8/14, 08:50 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Added the Hellion turbo to my 3.7. Took a week of data logging to get Blow By Racing to get the tune correct, despite the advertised "100% complete with full ECU recalibration" from Hellion.

But after doing some test drives on it the engine started to "tick". For some reason the intake valve on the passenger side, furthest back, is sticking causing a sound like a lifter (V6 doesn't have lifters, the cam lobe pushes the valve directly through a bucket set up) So we need to figure out the reason for the sticky valve now, but no indication of a bent valve.
Neat... I didn't know hellion made a kit for 6.
Originally Posted by MDkid92
I didn't either. More info would be great, provided you have it lol.
I just installed my Koni's, SR Springs, and GT500 mounts with friend and it took us 3 hours total, including all prep and stuff.
Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Good luck, Jim! I cannot wait to see how well your car runs...
Well the news isn't good. We think that the car was making more boost than we set it up for. It was supposed to be only 6 lbs, but when I hit it WOT on the entrance ramp the boost/vacuum gauge only moved to "0" so we aren't sure how much boost it really was making (the aeroforce was showing 14 lbs, but I don't think it can actually pull the figure from the OBD port and the sensor for boost wasn't installed yet for the aeroforce).

Apparently we found the weak spot - the spring for that valve. I think that we either broke or compromised the spring. It sounds like a simple fix, but the procedure is a little more complicated and there are little retainers that can be lost in the engine while fishing the old spring out and inserting a new one with the head on the engine. And even then, we won't know if we found the correct problem - and then we have to work through the remaining 11 valves on that side and do the 12 on the other side with stronger springs. Could be a lot of money spent chasing the wrong fix.

The other option is swapping the engine, and keep the old one for parts or to build up later on. Right now I'm at the point where I'm ready to put it in the garage and take my time with the repair. But looks like it will be down for awhile longer.
Old 5/9/14, 08:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by B's 5.0
Would be a great road for motorcycles too.
Most of the motorcycle riders that live around here hit that road when they are out cruising around.

There was an R/T Challenger following me in one morning and he was tailgating me a bit. On the last little bit going in I hit the fun pedal and left him wondering how to control the fat chick he was riding in. He caught up later and didn't even look my way while we were sitting there in traffic. LOL
Old 5/9/14, 09:30 AM
Banned

Well the news isn't good.

WOW JimC, I see I was not included in the response to, but I was the one that got you to finally post a reply to everyone who ask (post #61). Could it be because you are a moderator from another forum that is the worst forum on the internet ? and yet here you are posting on the best forum on the internet, just curious. My PM to you a few days ago was very polite towards you, wasn't it ?

Last edited by B's 5.0; 5/9/14 at 09:41 AM.
Old 5/9/14, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Most of the motorcycle riders that live around here hit that road when they are out cruising around.

There was an R/T Challenger following me in one morning and he was tailgating me a bit. On the last little bit going in I hit the fun pedal and left him wondering how to control the fat chick he was riding in. He caught up later and didn't even look my way while we were sitting there in traffic. LOL

That's too funny.
Old 5/9/14, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2011 5.0 base GT didn't come with the lighted door sills so I threw a set on.

Last edited by RaceRed50; 5/9/14 at 09:46 AM.
Old 5/9/14, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yesterday, I placed an order at 1pm with Hypermotive and one with American Muscle. Just little parts. And they got here this morning at 10am! Big shout out to you guys for the great customer service! Instal sometime later today.
Old 5/9/14, 08:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received and installed my gt500 axle back this afternoon, then went for a nice test drive.

Name:  20140509_114216.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  63.5 KB
Old 5/10/14, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

Installed the MGW shifter yesterday. The quality of the shifter is excellent. The factory one looks like rough and the rear support.....total joke!
Old 5/10/14, 04:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Installed my rear plate frame today, what a pain in the ***. Ford provides each new car with a bunch of black hex screws to attach the plate, but they also provide an additional chrome fastener kit with stainless phillips head screws, plastic washers, and those chrome plastic screw covers/caps. The plate frame didn't come with hardware. Go out to the garage to install this thing and realize while Ford gave me four chrome caps, they cheaped out and only gave me two of the correct philips heads screws. So I was like well that sucks, go to Vatozone, nothing. Go to Home Depot and battle 2 PM Saturday crowds, nothing. Go to Menards and have to park on the street in a no parking zone, battle the crowds, nothing. Start to get pissed, drive to a specialty hardware store that also has bad/no parking and FINALLY find the screws I need. Christ, who knew a #14-3/4" phillips pan head screw was such a rarity. Anyway got them and got the plate frame mounted, but might superglue those chrome caps to the plastic washers; they snapped on but not very good since they kind of overlap up onto the raised parts of the plate frame, those chrome caps are always so chintzy. Like the look though.

Old 5/10/14, 04:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
Installed my rear plate frame today, what a pain in the ***. Ford provides each new car with a bunch of black hex screws to attach the plate, but they also provide an additional chrome fastener kit with stainless phillips head screws, plastic washers, and those chrome plastic screw covers/caps. The plate frame didn't come with hardware. Go out to the garage to install this thing and realize while Ford gave me four chrome caps, they cheaped out and only gave me two of the correct philips heads screws. So I was like well that sucks, go to Vatozone, nothing. Go to Home Depot and battle 2 PM Saturday crowds, nothing. Go to Menards and have to park on the street in a no parking zone, battle the crowds, nothing. Start to get pissed, drive to a specialty hardware store that also has bad/no parking and FINALLY find the screws I need. Christ, who knew a #14-3/4" phillips pan head screw was such a rarity. Anyway got them and got the plate frame mounted, but might superglue those chrome caps to the plastic washers; they snapped on but not very good since they kind of overlap up onto the raised parts of the plate frame, those chrome caps are always so chintzy. Like the look though.
Where'd you get that plate frame? I like that a lot!!!
Old 5/10/14, 04:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by fvcrew22
Received and installed my gt500 axle back this afternoon, then went for a nice test drive.

Long drive? They do sound good... I will admit though, when I first put them on, I was sure that the sound was perfect and I'd never want more. Now, like everyone else it seems, I am considering resonator removal for some more sound.... but they still are a huge improvement over factory.

Enjoy!
Old 5/10/14, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Where'd you get that plate frame? I like that a lot!!!
Got it from Amazon through Eurosport Daytona, should be easy to find if you go to Amazon and search "5.0 mustang gt license plate frame"
Old 5/11/14, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels

Long drive? They do sound good... I will admit though, when I first put them on, I was sure that the sound was perfect and I'd never want more. Now, like everyone else it seems, I am considering resonator removal for some more sound.... but they still are a huge improvement over factory.

Enjoy!
Short drive unfortunately, but it is my daily driver so I'll be hearing it a lot more come the work week. I'll admit that I was trying to find reasons to drive it since I put them on.
Old 5/11/14, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got the windows tinted 35% all around. Then washed the car and a couple hours later my neighbor mowed his "lawn" (more like dirt) and stirred up a huge first cloud that wandered over and blanketed my shiny car with a nice layer of dust. :bang head:
Old 5/11/14, 04:27 PM
GT Member

Spent 9 hours, wash, clay bar, Meguiar's Ultimate compound/orange pad with a 7424xp, Polish with Ultimate Polish and white pad and then Ultimate wax with Blue pad....

I''m pooped.

But it's is as smooth as a babys.......

Name:  Waxpic.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  320.8 KB

Name:  waxpic2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  218.7 KB

Last edited by Ace Red; 5/11/14 at 04:47 PM.
Old 5/12/14, 06:53 PM

Plasti-dipped the chrome badges on the side and the chrome ring on the faux gas cap. The crome is just too ugly and out of place on this car imo.

Not super happy with how the badges turned out so I will likely just replace them with the dark badges, but I think the faux gas cap turned out really nice.
Old 5/12/14, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed my new J&M Rear LCAs today. I haven't gotten to test them out though, just a test drive around the neighborhood.

The rear end definitely feels a tad firmer now. Complemented my Koni/Steeda combo.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?