2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/11, 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 17 weeks!!!!! AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, my garage is far from an ideal photo set piece but I think the tradition now is posting pics on delivery day so here goes!

Initial impressions:

- This thing is a beast. 60mph happens in the blink of an eye
- Exhaust is hilariously quiet
- Manual transmission is so far so good. A positive click into each gear. No grinding or abnormal symptoms.
- Reverse camera is the coolest thing ever
- you pretty much have to drop the hood from nearly propped all the way up in order for the main latch to clamp down. I tried to lower it down and just push hard down on the hood to latch it into place and it wouldn't grab. I had to let it drop. Is Normal??
- Tail is a little floaty when turning in hard. Hopefully incoming suspension bits will fix that.
- Several compliments already and all I've done is gone to get gas with the dealer to fill up the tank and to get some dinner.
- The "storage area" under the door handles... seriously?? WTF That MAY hold my chapstick...
Old 5/5/11, 10:22 PM
V6 Member

Very nice!!!
Old 5/6/11, 12:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

Initial impressions:

- Manual transmission is so far so good. A positive click into each gear. No grinding or abnormal symptoms.
- you pretty much have to drop the hood from nearly propped all the way up in order for the main latch to clamp down. I tried to lower it down and just push hard down on the hood to latch it into place and it wouldn't grab. I had to let it drop. Is Normal??
- Tail is a little floaty when turning in hard. Hopefully incoming suspension bits will fix that.
- Several compliments already and all I've done is gone to get gas with the dealer to fill up the tank and to get some dinner.
- The "storage area" under the door handles... seriously?? WTF That MAY hold my chapstick...
0-60 in so little time that it makes 60 not fun anymore. Can you believe that some places actually had, and still have 55 mph as the speed limit on the highways??? Really, that is horrible. We have 55mph on our city streets here, and it feels SLOW in this car.

Exhaust is quiet at times, but it purrs and growls really nicely at other times. At WOT it is sweet music.

A little over 100 miles now and the manual transmission is wonderful. Absolutely no complaints there.

I have the rearview camera on my sienna and this. I like it on the bigger screen in the mustang, but both are good. I will never keep another car without a backup camera. With young kids and toys, it is the safest thing for both the kids and the mustang. No one should be without one. They are great!!

The hood does not close when I gently drop the hood, so I give it another press to close it. it is gentle yet effective. That is an odd problem though.

The radio sounded horrible until I replaced the front speakers. It sounds wonderful now, but those stock speakers are the worst I have heard in a very long time.
Old 5/6/11, 07:19 AM
GT Member

Ordered: 27APR11

(2012 GT Prem 'vert)
Old 5/6/11, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by PolishAmericanMustang
Now, five freaking weeks is criminally insane. I was really hoping to have mine by Memorial Day.

Who's your dealer? Mine is Jones. They've been good, so nothing against them, it just boggles my mind.

I'm still going to hold out hope though. If mtnbikefule80's was done 4/19 and will be delivered this week, that's 2.5 weeks, and Florida is obviously farther away than SC. If you get yours early next week, that's still only 3-3.5 weeks. So I've got hope that mine will be here sooner than they say, unless the Memorial Day holiday shipping schedule effs me...
My ETA has been pushed back to next sat(5/14) now but at least its on the way to me at the deep arctic outpost of Charleston SC. I ordered from Palmetto Ford just down the road from Jones. The guy who sold me the car was fired/quit the week after my order so my experience has been less than stellar, but at least its almost over.
Old 5/6/11, 08:08 AM
GT Member

Sounds like a lot of Mustang buyers have some serious issues with their dealers, Ford should step in and correct these types of bad representation by dealers, in the long run, Ford will pay dearly for angry customers. We're not talking about affordable little cars here, we're buying expensive cars and should not be treated like we're annoying the dealer for info...We've been waiting for ages for these cars >
Old 5/6/11, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

Well, my not-so-long but felt-like-forever wait is just about over. I pick up my car at 2:00 today. Kona/Stone GT Premium convertible. I'll try to post some pics later.
Old 5/6/11, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyways, my garage is far from an ideal photo set piece but I think the tradition now is posting pics on delivery day so here goes!

Initial impressions:

Sweet,,looks great man!
Old 5/6/11, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Spoke to dealer this morning who told me the car was still on a train.....My ETA from Fcs was yesterday,,so thats out the window, I just hope not much longer..........
Old 5/6/11, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Spoke to dealer this morning who told me the car was still on a train.....My ETA from Fcs was yesterday,,so thats out the window, I just hope not much longer..........
Try and keep the faith Just to ease your mind, look at the news and tell yourself there are much worst things that can happen to you instead of waiting for your new ride, of course writing this, it should imply that I can do that myself NOT WORKING but I'm trying hard
Old 5/6/11, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just picked up last night! I was waiting around for my car to go from the train lot to the dealership for a couple of days to no avail. The first time I leave my house...IT SHOWS UP Had to wait all day to get it and it was KILLING me. But its here now! Here area a couple pics from my phone.

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-2011-05-05_19-32-44_520.jpg

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-2011-05-05_19-34-36_2.jpg

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-2011-05-06_10-43-03_177.jpg

EDIT: Ill get some better pics when the sun comes out. I want to drive it sooo bad but its raining. UGGHHHH

Last edited by mtnbikefuel80; 5/6/11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 5/6/11, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I snapped a couple more this morning before heading to work. Still no real direct sunlight. It was around 6:30am

coworkers are loving it. number one compliment by a mile is the saddle interior...the ONE option that I couldn't find back in january that caused me to have to wait this long.

Old 5/6/11, 09:55 AM
GT Member

CONGRATS You two lucky ones must be going

Last edited by GT100e; 5/6/11 at 09:56 AM.
Old 5/6/11, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
While we are all waiting, I'm sure some of you saw this from Tuesday, 5/3: http://www.stangtv.com/news/did-a-te...boss-mustangs/

"Six cars of Union Pacific freight train derail in Corsicana"

http://corsicanadailysun.com/news/x5...l-in-Corsicana
Old 5/6/11, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GT100e
Sounds like a lot of Mustang buyers have some serious issues with their dealers, Ford should step in and correct these types of bad representation by dealers, in the long run, Ford will pay dearly for angry customers. We're not talking about affordable little cars here, we're buying expensive cars and should not be treated like we're annoying the dealer for info...We've been waiting for ages for these cars >
First time ford customer and I don't like their whole ordering process, nor their dealer representation has been anything close to stellar. FCS has been a huge help, but that doesn't make up for the lack of info and frustration a lot of people, including myself, dealt with.
Old 5/6/11, 11:17 AM

Initial impressions:

Very nice! It looks great in the garage.
Old 5/6/11, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just called FCS to see if I could find out any more information as to why Deysha is reporting Mustang shipments are currently on hold from Ford. The FCS rep was very nice over the phone, but had no record of Ford currently holding shipments. She even put me on hold to see if she could find out any additional information, but ultimately came back and said she "did not have access to that information".

She also said that Deysha and our dealers have access to more information than FCS did, and to check directly with our dealer for the most up to date information. I had already emailed our dealer this morning, but as of this post I have not received a response. I think our sales guy comes in later on Friday and Saturday, so we may not see a response until this evening.

Regardless, the new information I was able to get from FCS was this. It is true that our status changed last Friday, 4/29, from 'auto warehousing' to 'in transit.' Unfortunately, last Saturday, 4/30, the status changed BACK to 'auto warehousing'.

FCS did say our ETA still is unchanged for 5/10, but I already know the train would have needed to leave yesterday morning, 5/3, to get here in time to meet the 5/10 eta. We also realize ETA means 'estimated', so we are still hopeful we'll see our new stang sometime next week.

The biggest thing I want to find out right now is why Ford has shipments on hold, and when the trains will be rolling again. That is information I cannot seem to obtain right now.
Old 5/6/11, 12:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
I just called FCS to see if I could find out any more information as to why Deysha is reporting Mustang shipments are currently on hold from Ford. The FCS rep was very nice over the phone, but had no record of Ford currently holding shipments. She even put me on hold to see if she could find out any additional information, but ultimately came back and said she "did not have access to that information".

She also said that Deysha and our dealers have access to more information than FCS did, and to check directly with our dealer for the most up to date information. I had already emailed our dealer this morning, but as of this post I have not received a response. I think our sales guy comes in later on Friday and Saturday, so we may not see a response until this evening.

Regardless, the new information I was able to get from FCS was this. It is true that our status changed last Friday, 4/29, from 'auto warehousing' to 'in transit.' Unfortunately, last Saturday, 4/30, the status changed BACK to 'auto warehousing'.

FCS did say our ETA still is unchanged for 5/10, but I already know the train would have needed to leave yesterday morning, 5/3, to get here in time to meet the 5/10 eta. We also realize ETA means 'estimated', so we are still hopeful we'll see our new stang sometime next week.

The biggest thing I want to find out right now is why Ford has shipments on hold, and when the trains will be rolling again. That is information I cannot seem to obtain right now.
Good luck getting any info from Ford. Yes Deysha seems to be the most informed. She must be sleeping at the plant. Keeping watch over all our new ponies. Calling FCS has not helped. They are nice and try to find info but usually they just call the dealer and repeat what they say. One guy on this forum, his dealer told him his LS was cancelled due to paint (red & black paint shortage from Japan, has nothing to do with mustangs). He called FCS, who called the dealer with him on hold and parrotted back "cancelled because of paint"
Old 5/6/11, 12:56 PM

Below is an interesting link that answers a number of questions about automobile transportation from the factory. It would appear that almost all autos are shipped via rail at some point. If Method of Transportation is listed on your window sticker as convoy, your car will leave Flat Rock on a truck, delivered to a rail mixing point, then delivered by rail to a regional distribution center, from where it is loaded on to a truck for delivery to the dealer. One can surmise that early deliveries are a function of timely transfers and mixing.
On the window sticker to the left of Method of Transportation and Dealer, there is a box lableled "One" in which there is a four character identifier, the last two characters of which indicate the distribution facility. When I figure out what the first two characters mean, it will be shared.
My question, now, is why a car took so long getting to Charleston, SC.

http://www.nscorp.com/nscorphtml/pdf/Customers/ns_auto_distr.pdf
Old 5/6/11, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
While we are all waiting, I'm sure some of you saw this from Tuesday, 5/3: http://www.stangtv.com/news/did-a-te...boss-mustangs/

"Six cars of Union Pacific freight train derail in Corsicana"

http://corsicanadailysun.com/news/x5...l-in-Corsicana
I guess i'm lucky my build date isn't until 05/16 because that's exactly where mine would be going... Spring, TX.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition