Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/11, 08:15 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LEwis26
Interesting. FCS level 2 didn't even have that information, so it could be all dealer speculation at this point.

The only way to prove that theory would be if 5.0 F150's were being held too.
I agree. I think I only saw one person mention their vehicle was being inspected for 'engine whine', not the entire production line.
Old 5/12/11, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another step closer. My window sticker came up today. I now feel like i'm just over the hump. Hope things move like they should from here out.
Old 5/12/11, 08:58 AM

So...assuming that the rumor that they're not shipping due to a 5.0 engine inspection is true, does that mean that if we ordered a V6 that it wouldn't be affected you think?

It would seem a bit dumb to hold V6s if it was just a 5.0 problem but maybe that's just me.
Old 5/12/11, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kiva128
So...assuming that the rumor that they're not shipping due to a 5.0 engine inspection is true, does that mean that if we ordered a V6 that it wouldn't be affected you think?

It would seem a bit dumb to hold V6s if it was just a 5.0 problem but maybe that's just me.
Until we hear something official about shipments being held up due to 5.0 issues, I would not even worry about it. Pure rumor is all it is.

No one, including FCS, has confirmed there is a shipping hold due to engine issues. Until someone can officially cite the shipping hold up, I am going with what OAC_Sparky posted earlier over at All Ford Mustangs, and notch it up to shipping logistics, rather than problems with the actual cars.

Last edited by EvilPeppard; 5/12/11 at 09:13 AM.
Old 5/12/11, 09:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
Another step closer. My window sticker came up today. I now feel like i'm just over the hump. Hope things move like they should from here out.
Glad to hear it. My isn't up yet even though I think we both have the same build date.
Old 5/12/11, 09:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Until we hear something official about shipments being held up due to 5.0 issues, I would not even worry about it. Pure rumor is all it is.

No one, including FCS, has confirmed there is a shipping hold due to engine issues. Until someone can officially cite the shipping hold up, I am going with what OAC_Sparky posted earlier over at All Ford Mustangs, and notch it up to shipping logistics, rather than problems with the actual cars.
Thanks for posting that link, EvilPepper! It sheds some light on what happens at Ford. I would rather Ford correct the problem (if any) before shipping then to have a recall later.
Old 5/12/11, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvilPeppard

No one has confirmed engine issues, but multiple FCS reps in both level 1 and 2 have confirmed some sort of inspection hold, making it not shipping logistical issues.

The cars are being held for some inspection, but as far as I know, no official word on WHAT is being inspected has been given.
Old 5/12/11, 09:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GT100e
Sounds like a lot of Mustang buyers have some serious issues with their dealers, Ford should step in and correct these types of bad representation by dealers, in the long run, Ford will pay dearly for angry customers. We're not talking about affordable little cars here, we're buying expensive cars and should not be treated like we're annoying the dealer for info...We've been waiting for ages for these cars >
I understand GT100e, each dealership is different in sometimes important aspects. You guys are always welcome to log your negative dealer experience with the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car has engine "whine" above 3k rpm but I'm pretty sure thats just the intake wheezing because they made it restrictive I need that CAI and tune lol
Old 5/12/11, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 2012-BLACK-GT/CS
Hi Deysha!

I sent you a PM but I will post it here too.

I have been looking forward to speaking with you for some time now. I have been following the forums for a while now and you are awesome! Thanks for helping everyone here.

I was hoping you could tell me anything at all about the order I placed. I've been waiting now for exactly 1 month and still don't have a VIN assigned. The dealer hasn't been able to tell me anything and this is getting frustrating being left in the dark.

My order was placed with 'Brien Ford' of Everett, WA. I received a crappy scan via e-mail of the Dora that is really hard to read. Here is what I think I can make out:

Ordered 4-12-11
Order Type 1
Priority 13
Begin Order 4444

Am I just being impatient? What is the typical time frame for getting a VIN!?!
Hi 2012-BLACK-GT/CS,

I just saw this post, but did not see any PM's from you. Check your inbox, I've sent you some important info.

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Traveler1949
Any new info on this? Is it just they have stopped shipping or has production also been stopped? Wondering what the impact will be on scheduled build dates.
No, there is still a stop ship on some of the Mustangs and this has not affected production at all.

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
No, there is still a stop ship on some of the Mustangs and this has not affected production at all.

Deysha
Hope you'll be getting to my pm's soon, curious of the answers, and as I thought, I didn't get, yesterday, my promised daily update "screenshot" of my car's status by my dealer...
Old 5/12/11, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by going for broke
Deysha, I had pmed you my info but haven't heard anything back from you yet. Thanks, Jody
I'm sure you got my response by now, but just in case, I sent you a pm this same day.

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by LEwis26
You might be a little impatient honestly. I think it took around 10 weeks to get my VIN, and others were similar. Other more recent orders were seeing 5-6 weeks it seems to get a VIN, so it should be coming soon.

Deysha will be able to help you out though. Hopefully you get good news soon.
Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
It also took me 10 weeks to get my VIN. (Ordered 02-14-11/VIN 04-22-11). The day i got my VIN, Deysha PM'd me the build week of 05-16-11 and the ETA of 06-01-11. She also PM'd me this past monday with a build day of 05-18-11. Still waiting on a window sticker; but, Deysha told me it would come up shortly before the build day. Now, this is just my timeline. I've seen others that ordered a month after me and already got theirs. So, who really knows how Ford handles these orders. It definitely is not in the order that they came in. Anyways, Deysha is your best bet. She is great!
Thank you guys!!

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Restless2012
This is getting to be too much,WTF Ford!!! My car was built last Wednesday 5/4 and I hoped it was going to be shipped today. My dealer said ETA was 5/16 and he said to take that with a grain of salt. I guess he was right!

Deysha, I messaged you with my info. When you get a chance can you track it for me. Not that is matters much now, thanks.

GT Premium 5.0L, Candy Red, 6 Speed Auto, 400A, Comfort Pkg. GT Accessory Pkg. 5, Shaker 1000W Audio, 19" Nickel Aluminum Wheels, HID-Security Pkg., Remote Start, GT Power Upgrade Pkg. (Installing when it gets to dealer).

Order Date: 3/17, Received VIN: 4/16, Window Sticker: 4/27/, Build Date: 5/4, Delivery Date: Who the hell knows!
Originally Posted by delec22
I know your fustration. I can even do better. I ordered 1/17. Finally built 4/12 and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. My car's been sitting there for 4 weeks. Between this mess and the fact that ford isn't really addressing those with manual transmission problems, I'm starting to wonder I really want to go through with this. If Ford would just step up and tell us what is really going on it would go a long way with me, but it seems to me that either they don't care enough to do it, or they are too scared to let us know.
Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
It sounds like they held things up to check on a possible problem. Whether its the Brakes from the MT article on the BOSS or some other issue I dont fault FORD for trying to do the right thing. I am just frustrated after waiting so long. I asked FORD in Dec when to order if I wanted it by Mid April. They said late Jan. So I ordered 1/3 just to give it some cushion. I wanted to take the car on a trip Im taking on 5/16. My ETA is 5/15....now don't know if I will even see the car before I leave
They will start shipping out before you know it guys! I'm just handing out group hugs until then! Ok, enough for today!

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Restless2012
I must say I do love the ladies at Ford Cutomer Service. They're so helpful and upbeat. Anyway my car is sitting on ramp 15 with the ETA of the week of the 15th. So with any luck I'll have my car by the end of next week. As the ladie at Customer Service put it "Cool Beans!!!!", LOL!!

GT Premium 5.0L, Candy Red, 6 Speed Auto, 400A, Comfort Pkg. GT Accessory Pkg. 5, Shaker 1000W Audio, 19" Nickel Aluminum Wheels, HID-Security Pkg., Remote Start, GT Power Upgrade Pkg. (Installing when it gets to dealer).

Order Date: 3/17, Received VIN: 4/16, Window Sticker: 4/27/, Build Date: 5/4, Delivery Date: Week of the 15th!
Thank you very much! I'll pass that on too!

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by GT100e
Couldn't be soon enough

You'll have so much time on your hands when this ridiculous delivery problem will be resolved that you'll order yourself a 2013 Mustang and you will start the "waiting" game...
I'm telling you! I think once my boys move out, I will be the first one at the dealer placing my order! Too bad I have quite a few years to go...

Deysha
Old 5/12/11, 12:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I'm telling you! I think once my boys move out, I will be the first one at the dealer placing my order! Too bad I have quite a few years to go...

Deysha
Don't worry, time flies fast, except of course while waiting on a mustang
Old 5/12/11, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just called Ford and I have a VIN! Build week is 5/30!!! They did not have an ETA for me but I assume a couple weeks later so hopefully middle of June . . . dealer also told me my other order is going to be scheduled next week so we will see.
Old 5/12/11, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
My car has engine "whine" above 3k rpm but I'm pretty sure thats just the intake wheezing because they made it restrictive I need that CAI and tune lol
Let us know what you go with and how you like it.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition