Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/11, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SynisterGT

Any help?
Well, if it's on your order sheet, you can have your dealer remove it when it comes in. If it isn't, you can try to have the dealer remove it when it comes in. I don't know if it has holes in the trunk or not.
Old 4/28/11, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So I take it my car was already built? Ima call up tom just wanted to try and get some help here. Thanks.
Old 4/29/11, 04:33 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK

LOL ,,no not rubbing it in,,I would be very surprised if it gets here on 5th after enduring this whole thing!!
Your build date is 4/29, right? Realistically, I think you need to allow at least two weeks for transport, so if your build date is 4/29, don't expect to take delivery until 5/13, or later.

Not to be a downer, but there's no point in getting your hopes up. My build date was 4/18. As of yesterday, my car was in Newark, so if I get it on Monday, that will be two weeks. I don't think I've seen anyone here get their car faster than that.
Old 4/29/11, 05:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MikeR
Your build date is 4/29, right? Realistically, I think you need to allow at least two weeks for transport, so if your build date is 4/29, don't expect to take delivery until 5/13, or later.

Not to be a downer, but there's no point in getting your hopes up. My build date was 4/18. As of yesterday, my car was in Newark, so if I get it on Monday, that will be two weeks. I don't think I've seen anyone here get their car faster than that.
My car was built 4/25. Deysha told me the ETA was changed from 5/11 to 5/5,,,we shall see
Old 4/29/11, 06:27 AM
GTC

For those of you trying to estimate delivery....
2012 GT Premium, 401A, Brembo
Ordered Jan 13
Vin received ~ Mar 22
Sticker posted Mar 29, build date 4/11
Actual build date Apr 11
Delivered to dealer Apr 28
Old 4/29/11, 07:58 AM

I will admit I have moved past frustrated with this experience to genuinely angry.

Car Built: April 15.

Original Delivery: 20th
Second: 26th
Third: 28th
Fourth: May 6th
Fifth: May 12.

WHAT THE FRACK!?!?!?!?!

I live barely 140 miles from the factory and delivery is consistently delayed with no reason.

I don't care what product you buy, but a month's delivery (paying $850 destination fee, no less!) for any $40,000 item is absolutely absurd, compounded with no explanations give, and a continuous string of "ETA may change."

Nary an apology, nary actually anyone who can actually get something done.

WTF Ford?

I will happily get the car from the factory and pay a "convenience fee" at this point, even agree to a PR photo shoot, but I cannot display my dismay for this process enough.

Last edited by -Rogue-; 4/29/11 at 08:01 AM.
Old 4/29/11, 08:09 AM
Cobra R Member

mine is in railyard less then 120 miles away on a ramp with a view.
Originally Posted by -Rogue-
I will admit I have moved past frustrated with this experience to genuinely angry.

WHAT THE FRACK!?!?!?!?!

I live barely 140 miles from the factory and delivery is consistently delayed with no reason.

I don't care what product you buy, but a month's delivery (paying $850 destination fee, no less!) for any $40,000 item is absolutely absurd, compounded with no explanations give, and a continuous string of "ETA may change."

WTF Ford?

I will happily get the car from the factory and pay a "convenience fee" at this point, even agree to a PR photo shoot, but I cannot display my dismay for this process enough.
Old 4/29/11, 10:39 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeR

Someone over on AllFordMustangs received their car 4-5 days after it was built. I saw the post myself, and was quite surprised, although I know it was likely an isolated incident.
Old 4/29/11, 11:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

My build date is 5/3 and eta is week of 5/8 I'm about 150 miles from plant.
Old 4/29/11, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by -Rogue-

WHAT THE FRACK!?!?!?!?!

WTF Ford?

When did you place the order?
Old 4/29/11, 12:48 PM

I hate to sound negative, but the whole experience with obtaining our Mustang leaves me with a feeling that Ford doesn't care about the custom order market. Our dealer has been good to work with, but they don't have any more info than customer service has. Maybe my standards are too high, but I've dealt with a lot of companies that have vastly superior customer service skills.

I fully admit I don't know the ins and outs of Ford, and that this might be an isolated case. However, I'd be really reluctant to customer order another Ford at this point.
Old 4/29/11, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by goalie30
I hate to sound negative, but the whole experience with obtaining our Mustang leaves me with a feeling that Ford doesn't care about the custom order market. Our dealer has been good to work with, but they don't have any more info than customer service has. Maybe my standards are too high, but I've dealt with a lot of companies that have vastly superior customer service skills.

I fully admit I don't know the ins and outs of Ford, and that this might be an isolated case. However, I'd be really reluctant to customer order another Ford at this point.
I take it, you have a mustang on order? When did you order? You do realize what happened in Japan. Would do realize they're building more than yours, right? You guys need to relax, you are your worst enemy, get on with life and when it gets there all that anger will be gone.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/29/11 at 01:00 PM.
Old 4/29/11, 01:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GT100e
You should be really excited that your dealer is giving you some info... Some just don't give a rat's a** about their customers...
+1 on that
Ordered my Boss back in Dec. I'd be lucky if my dealer called me once. Only info I got was from FCS and a zone rep. Guess they don't need repeat business. I will definitely give my business to someone else next time.
Old 4/29/11, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by goalie30

Isolated my ****. It's happened to too many people on this forum. My dealer sux! They're ordering system sux! It's crazy how some people have tons of info while others have to fight to get little bits. It should be uniform.
Old 4/29/11, 01:19 PM

Yep, ordered on December 30th, 2010.

I'm not really angry, just disappointed. I can't wrap my mind around having a car sitting at a factory for 16 days.

Full disclosure...I do work in IT, and I might be spoiled with the ability to get information.

Thanks
Matt

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I take it, you have a mustang on order? When did you order? You do realize what happened in Japan. Would do realize they're building more than yours, right? You guys need to relax, you are your worst enemy, get on with life and when it gets there all that anger will be gone.
Old 4/29/11, 01:22 PM

Question UPS it's not.

Anyone know how the dealers track Mustangs in transit?

I'm not getting good info (FCS says Dealer delivery ETA 4/27. Dealer says "Dunno, I'll look out back later.")
FYI: Feb-4 Order, Apr 19 Build, Apr 22 Shipped.

Assuming it's not "out back" anybody know if the dealer can call the transit company and say "For this shipping item XYZ123, what truck has it, and where is that truck?" Because that's what I've done tons of times with other freight companies, especially since they all have GPS now, to find delayed items.

I tried search but didn't see anything solid.
Thanks.
Old 4/29/11, 02:20 PM
GT Member

Just for fun, I decided to call FCS. They asked me what the latest information was that I had heard on our Stang. I said "last we heard it was completed on 4/25 and was waiting at the auto warehouse to get on a rail car".

The very friendly gentleman on the other end of the line says, "I have an update for you. Your status has changed to 'in transit'". I said, "so that means it is on the train headed our way?" He said "it sure is."

He then says our eta is still showing 5/10 to the dealer, but it is already in transit. He basically alluded to the fact that since it was already on the train, it could easily arrive here in Denver sooner than 5/10, and shouldn't take 12 more days to get here now that our car was officially headed this way.

What perfect news for a Friday, baby!!

Old 4/29/11, 02:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Delivered
Old 4/29/11, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Delivered
Pix, Big Vito, PIX!!!!

.....and grats!!
Old 4/29/11, 04:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealer called me today, ETA moved up to tomorrow!!!

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition