2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/11, 02:28 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not fun at all, nothing from the dealer either who told me last monday may 2 that my car was on the train...Now I know it was not. This is getting even more "absolutely ridiculous" as if it was possible.
Old 5/9/11, 02:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Got a call back from FCS level 2. All mustangs are being held until further notice for an inspection. They wouldn't tell me what was being inspected.
Doh! This is bad news. The wait is endless, it's crazy, I ordered the car in november 2010, then they told me Sterling Gray was discontinued, had to order again in Kona, then the delays at the plant, then the delays for delivery, and the icing on the cake, they reintroduce the Sterling Gray for job 2.
Old 5/9/11, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I wonder if this hold on delivery is going to effect my build next week? My luck, it probably will.
Old 5/9/11, 02:54 PM

Not happy at all here either. Ordered 1/21/11 , order rejected cause after sitting in the system as unscheduled clean, Ford decided that it no longer wanted to build yellow blaze cars with a leather interior and booted my order. Finally the car is built 4/21/11, and has been sitting at the factory ever since, while cars built before and after mine have been shipped. Now they are not shipping at all? I could have walked from CT to MI and driven the dang thing home quicker. Rediculous is not even close to describing this experience.
Old 5/9/11, 03:28 PM
V6 Member

This is getting to be too much,WTF Ford!!! My car was built last Wednesday 5/4 and I hoped it was going to be shipped today. My dealer said ETA was 5/16 and he said to take that with a grain of salt. I guess he was right!

Deysha, I messaged you with my info. When you get a chance can you track it for me. Not that is matters much now, thanks.

GT Premium 5.0L, Candy Red, 6 Speed Auto, 400A, Comfort Pkg. GT Accessory Pkg. 5, Shaker 1000W Audio, 19" Nickel Aluminum Wheels, HID-Security Pkg., Remote Start, GT Power Upgrade Pkg. (Installing when it gets to dealer).

Order Date: 3/17, Received VIN: 4/16, Window Sticker: 4/27/, Build Date: 5/4, Delivery Date: Who the hell knows!
Old 5/9/11, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by markdaddio
Not happy at all here either. Ordered 1/21/11 , order rejected cause after sitting in the system as unscheduled clean, Ford decided that it no longer wanted to build yellow blaze cars with a leather interior and booted my order. Finally the car is built 4/21/11, and has been sitting at the factory ever since, while cars built before and after mine have been shipped. Now they are not shipping at all? I could have walked from CT to MI and driven the dang thing home quicker. Rediculous is not even close to describing this experience.
I know your fustration. I can even do better. I ordered 1/17. Finally built 4/12 and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. My car's been sitting there for 4 weeks. Between this mess and the fact that ford isn't really addressing those with manual transmission problems, I'm starting to wonder I really want to go through with this. If Ford would just step up and tell us what is really going on it would go a long way with me, but it seems to me that either they don't care enough to do it, or they are too scared to let us know.
Old 5/9/11, 04:08 PM
V6 Member

Is dealer priority 10 good or bad?
Old 5/9/11, 04:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I just got my car last week. Between the paint shortage, the electronics package shortage and the numerous holds, I am really glad it did not take longer. I feel for you all still waiting. I waited from nov till may. Having just the right car was well worth it though. Hope you all get yours soon.
Old 5/9/11, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andrewINmis
Is dealer priority 10 good or bad?
10 is good, 1-9 are reserved for Fords use. The higher the number the longer your wait (10, 11, 12, 15, etc).

Laura
Old 5/9/11, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

There's an issue with the fuel tanks on the F-150's. Didn't hear exact details or years involved. I wonder if Ford is checking for that problem on the Stangs with this current delay of shipping. Whatever it is, I hope it's taken care of and we all get a well built car.
Old 5/9/11, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well my dealer said my eta changed from 5/8 ( which didn't make sense anyways cause it was Sunday) to 5/10. Then deysha responded to my pm and said that the car was built but the eta hadn't been updated. All of this info was reported to me today 5/9
Old 5/9/11, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
I just got my car last week. Between the paint shortage, the electronics package shortage and the numerous holds, I am really glad it did not take longer. I feel for you all still waiting. I waited from nov till may. Having just the right car was well worth it though. Hope you all get yours soon.

Ordered mine Feb 1. It is supposed to be in transit but my dealer said they cannot tell me where it is at once it is on the truck. We will see if it arrives this Thursday or not.
Old 5/9/11, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
You guys should try acting your age since Deysha and others are reading this thread. Acting like little kids isn't going to get you your cars any faster. There's a lot of us frustrated by the whole order process but let's keep it in perspective.
Im sorry did not realize saying its like a never ending story is childish!
Old 5/9/11, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Unhappy

It sounds like they held things up to check on a possible problem. Whether its the Brakes from the MT article on the BOSS or some other issue I dont fault FORD for trying to do the right thing. I am just frustrated after waiting so long. I asked FORD in Dec when to order if I wanted it by Mid April. They said late Jan. So I ordered 1/3 just to give it some cushion. I wanted to take the car on a trip Im taking on 5/16. My ETA is 5/15....now don't know if I will even see the car before I leave
Old 5/9/11, 06:49 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
It sounds like they held things up to check on a possible problem. Whether its the Brakes from the MT article on the BOSS or some other issue I dont fault FORD for trying to do the right thing. I am just frustrated after waiting so long. I asked FORD in Dec when to order if I wanted it by Mid April. They said late Jan. So I ordered 1/3 just to give it some cushion. I wanted to take the car on a trip Im taking on 5/16. My ETA is 5/15....now don't know if I will even see the car before I leave
I hate to say it 12GTBLK, but I doubt you will see it by the time you want to leave. Our ETA is tomorrow, 5/10, and it still isn't even on a rail car yet. Five days once loaded on the rail car, providing all the stars are aligned, is the best case for us to take delivery. It will likely be more like seven days once our car finally gets on the train.

Hopefully we'll all get some news as to what is going on. I think that is what most of us are craving at the moment.
Old 5/9/11, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea whether we like it or not all of our cars will get to our dealers when they get there and there isn't a darn thing any of us can do about it.
I do feel for those who have waited much longer then me. I'd like to get my car but it's not really a big deal if I have to wait an extra week or two to get it. (I would like to get the code off of the ecu though so I could get my tuner combo ordered. )
Old 5/9/11, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
I hate to say it 12GTBLK, but I doubt you will see it by the time you want to leave. Our ETA is tomorrow, 5/10, and it still isn't even on a rail car yet. Five days once loaded on the rail car, providing all the stars are aligned, is the best case for us to take delivery. It will likely be more like seven days once our car finally gets on the train.

Hopefully we'll all get some news as to what is going on. I think that is what most of us are craving at the moment.
I think you are right,, I dont believe it will be here,,strange though Deysha sent me a msg on AFM saying "your ETA has been moved from 5/5 to 5/15 its on a train now and moving, you should see it soon" I can only hope it made it out,,time will tell as it always has!
Old 5/9/11, 11:30 PM

My dealer told me today that my car is being held and not shipped to investigate an engine whine. This may be the cause of the delays.
Old 5/10/11, 12:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by glowe1
My dealer told me today that my car is being held and not shipped to investigate an engine whine. This may be the cause of the delays.
Hope they didn't put blowers in them
Old 5/10/11, 02:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Yea whether we like it or not all of our cars will get to our dealers when they get there and there isn't a darn thing any of us can do about it.
I do feel for those who have waited much longer then me. I'd like to get my car but it's not really a big deal if I have to wait an extra week or two to get it. (I would like to get the code off of the ecu though so I could get my tuner combo ordered. )
You can give them the code after you get the tuner and they will just email you the tunes. Some people like to check the code to make sure it wasn't reflashed at the dealer without being noted.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition