2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/11, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine has been at a lot 30 minutes from the dealership for two days now. I ordered an oil separator from JLT in Virginia Monday morning and it just got here. Amazing it got here from virginia via ground freight before my car can go 30 minutes to the dealership
Old 5/4/11, 02:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
Mine has been at a lot 30 minutes from the dealership for two days now. I ordered an oil separator from JLT in Virginia Monday morning and it just got here. Amazing it got here from virginia via ground freight before my car can go 30 minutes to the dealership
It takes a few days to go from train to truck. My car had been in Newark since Thursday. My dealer just called to tell me that it was being unloaded. I pick it up on Friday!
Old 5/4/11, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SChokie
I feel for you. Mine was built on April 15 and I am hoping it shows up at the dealer next week, but I am not holding my breath. South Carolina is apparantly a lot further from Michigan that I had thought.
Thanks and yeah, no kidding. Almost five freaking weeks, like, I can't believe it. It seems in March/April when production was still a little slow, orders were taking 2-3 weeks after completion.

Now, five freaking weeks is criminally insane. I was really hoping to have mine by Memorial Day.

Who's your dealer? Mine is Jones. They've been good, so nothing against them, it just boggles my mind.

I'm still going to hold out hope though. If mtnbikefule80's was done 4/19 and will be delivered this week, that's 2.5 weeks, and Florida is obviously farther away than SC. If you get yours early next week, that's still only 3-3.5 weeks. So I've got hope that mine will be here sooner than they say, unless the Memorial Day holiday shipping schedule effs me...

Last edited by PolishAmericanMustang; 5/4/11 at 03:05 PM.
Old 5/4/11, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Just heard back from Deysha. Apparently my car has been built since the 21st, AND STILL HASN'T BEEN SHIPPED!!!

Are you kidding me?! It should NOT take this long to get a car 300 miles to my dealer, especially considering cars built around the same time mine was have arrived on the east and west coasts!

I understand transport companies don't wanna take partial loads, but this is ridiculous and unacceptable.

FCS is getting a call tomorrow, and either they will call the transport company or I will.

This is extremely frustrating.
Old 5/4/11, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Thats Great news. Do you know the rail car #?? I work in Newark (Port Newark) were this car should arrive. My car was scheduled for May 4 but was changed to May 9. My car may be on the same train. Do you live in NJ?? I'm in south Central Jersey. Ordered a Yellow blaze.
Originally Posted by MikeR
It takes a few days to go from train to truck. My car had been in Newark since Thursday. My dealer just called to tell me that it was being unloaded. I pick it up on Friday!
Old 5/4/11, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Just heard back from Deysha. Apparently my car has been built since the 21st, AND STILL HASN'T BEEN SHIPPED!!!

Are you kidding me?! It should NOT take this long to get a car 300 miles to my dealer, especially considering cars built around the same time mine was have arrived on the east and west coasts!

I understand transport companies don't wanna take partial loads, but this is ridiculous and unacceptable.

FCS is getting a call tomorrow, and either they will call the transport company or I will.

This is extremely frustrating.
Are you from around the Lafayette area? I drive past there every day and have a pretty good relationship with those guys. Well, except when they bumped my priority from 10 for your order. I'll keep an eye out for your car and send you a PM if I see anything. I honestly go past there twice a day and cut through their lot once a day. I've ordered two Mustangs from there before. Their 2nd '05 GT in '04, and their 1st '07 GT500 in '06. I waited longer for the Shelby. I ordered this GT on March 7th with a build week of May 16th. Hope you get yours soon and they aren't waiting on mine!! I'd love to get mine that quick, but I'd feel bad for you. Did you leave any special instructions for the PDI? Also, who's your salesman if you don't mind?

Last edited by wonger; 5/4/11 at 05:14 PM.
Old 5/4/11, 05:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wonger

Are you from around the Lafayette area? I drive past there every day and have a pretty good relationship with those guys. Well, except when they bumped my priority from 10 for your order. I'll keep an eye out for your car and send you a PM if I see anything. I honestly go past there twice a day and cut through their lot once a day.
Yes sir, I'm from the area. I'm a Purdue student. Don't know if you know Ed, but that's who's been handling my order.

That'd be great though, if you could let me know when you see it. I appreciate it. Luckily Ed has been super helpful, and were kinda at the mercy of Ford at this point. I don't blame him at all, Ford just needs to get their act together. He's already told me that he's gonna call me as soon as the truck arrives.

Trying to wait patiently, but it's getting harder every day.
Old 5/4/11, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Nothing wrong with helping out a fellow Boilermaker!!! I'm not a stinkin' Maker All. I'm using Ted Lynch as my salesman. I've got a pretty long relationship with a lot of those guys, along with Scott the Mgr and I know Mike Raisor as well. Used to be 'in the fam' sort-of-speak. Read Ex Gf there.
You planning on an exhaust? Didn't see it listed.
Old 5/4/11, 05:41 PM

I have it. Its amazing. Pictures soon.
Old 5/4/11, 05:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by boss man
Thats Great news. Do you know the rail car #?? I work in Newark (Port Newark) were this car should arrive. My car was scheduled for May 4 but was changed to May 9. My car may be on the same train. Do you live in NJ?? I'm in south Central Jersey. Ordered a Yellow blaze.
My ETA was 5/2, then 5/4, then 5/6. I don't know any of the shipping details, but my car was delivered to Sayville Ford (Long Island) today.

Good luck with yours. Call Ford CS. They can at least tell you if your car made it to Newark and what your ETA is.
Old 5/4/11, 05:48 PM
Cobra Member

Nothing wrong with helping out a fellow Boilermaker!!! I'm not a stinkin' Maker All. I'm using Ted Lynch as my salesman. I've got a pretty long relationship with a lot of those guys, along with Scott the Mgr and I know Mike Raisor as well. Used to be 'in the fam' sort-of-speak. Read Ex Gf there.
You planning on an exhaust? Didn't see it listed.
I definitely appreciate it. Any info is good info, especially since Ed is off on thursday, so if the car comes tomorrow, I won't know til Friday anyways. And I agree, Makers All sucks.

Exhaust, Eventually yes, I will be putting some axlebacks on, either GT500 or Roush. That will wait til I get back home to Chicago and start work. Gotta get some money under the belt to offset my down payment and mods I've already bought.
Old 5/4/11, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

No problem. Gotta let me know how you like the shifter as well. I'm curious. Good luck with finals if you've got any left.
Old 5/4/11, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

Thank you sir. Luckily just one, and I only need a 12% to keep my B. Gotta love being a senior, especially after 4 years of engineering.

Don't know if you're a student, but if you are, good luck to you too.

Hopefully we both see our cars soon.
Old 5/4/11, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Did my time. Been finished since '04. Thank the lord. Been working for Kirby Risk ever since.
Old 5/4/11, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Did my time. Been finished since '04. Thank the lord. Been working for Kirby Risk ever since.
Yeah, I'm excited to get out. Especially since I'm buying a gorgeous new 5.0 as a grad present for myself!
Old 5/4/11, 07:41 PM
V6 Member

Deysha (or anyone else), I orderd a 12 Gt march 28th. How can I check on the status of this order? My dealer said it had an expected delivery of may 31.
Old 5/4/11, 08:18 PM

Here it is, and its a HOOT! So nice to have a real car after driving a Neon into the ground.
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-100_0445.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-100_0444.jpg  
Old 5/4/11, 08:23 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by MustangTiffi
Here it is, and its a HOOT! So nice to have a real car after driving a Neon into the ground.
Congratulations and excellent color choice.
Old 5/4/11, 10:49 PM
V6 Member

Very nice car Tiffi!!
Old 5/4/11, 11:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26

Yeah, I'm excited to get out. Especially since I'm buying a gorgeous new 5.0 as a grad present for myself!
Haha congrats, that's what I'm doing as well! Grad present to myself, from myself! Just finished up at the University of Florida with a B.S. in aerospace engineering and a B.S. in mechanical engineering. I'm actually in the process of applying to purdue for grad school in aerospace engineering!

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition