2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/11, 11:43 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, so I just got off the phone with our dealer, 5/13/2011 @ 11:15a. He had no new information for us, but he did share this:

Two days ago there was a meeting with Ford and representatives for the dealers. There is a national shortage of rail cars going on. Our dealer also said our car was not on any type of "quality hold". He said the factory informs the dealers if there is a "quality hold". If it is a logistical issue, such as shipping, he said the factory doesn't tell the dealers anything. He hasn't been told anything, therefore he said the delay is because the factory is working out shipping logistics still (at least for cars headed out west). He continued by saying our car's last update in the 'vehicle visibility' report shows it in ramp 5P, which is the best news possible for our vehicle right now, until it gets on a rail car.

To further support the nationwide shortage of rail cars, my wife found this article: http://www.strategicsourceror.com/20...ting-into.html

Anyway, we feel much better hearing our vehicle is not on a "quality hold", and believe we are just stuck waiting for a rail car right now. Our dealer states they can get updates on Saturday too, so there is a possibility we may hear something tomorrow. Our ETA remains at 5/10/2011. We can only hope!

Lastly, our 'Ford Cash' coupon for $750 expires on 5/28/2011. We asked if the dealer would still honor our coupon in the event the car arrives after 5/28, and he said yes they would, since we ordered before the coupon expired. Other dealers may handle this differently.

Hope others find this information useful. We aren't backing out now, after all this time invested.
Old 5/13/11, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Ok, so I just got off the phone with our dealer, 5/13/2011 @ 11:15a. He had no new information for us, but he did share this:

Two days ago there was a meeting with Ford and representatives for the dealers. There is a national shortage of rail cars going on. Our dealer also said our car was not on any type of "quality hold". He said the factory informs the dealers if there is a "quality hold". If it is a logistical issue, such as shipping, he said the factory doesn't tell the dealers anything. He hasn't been told anything, therefore he said the delay is because the factory is working out shipping logistics still (at least for cars headed out west). He continued by saying our car's last update in the 'vehicle visibility' report shows it in ramp 5P, which is the best news possible for our vehicle right now, until it gets on a rail car.

To further support the nationwide shortage of rail cars, my wife found this article: http://www.strategicsourceror.com/20...ting-into.html

Anyway, we feel much better hearing our vehicle is not on a "quality hold", and believe we are just stuck waiting for a rail car right now. Our dealer states they can get updates on Saturday too, so there is a possibility we may hear something tomorrow. Our ETA remains at 5/10/2011. We can only hope!

Lastly, our 'Ford Cash' coupon for $750 expires on 5/28/2011. We asked if the dealer would still honor our coupon in the event the car arrives after 5/28, and he said yes they would, since we ordered before the coupon expired. Other dealers may handle this differently.

Hope others find this information useful. We aren't backing out now, after all this time invested.
My dealer stated the same on the coupon. So weird of all the conflicting stories about the cars. Next thing you know they will say they have been taken by aliens lol
Old 5/13/11, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh, don't believe the rail car shortage for 3 reasons:

1. My car is going 300 miles only, and my dealer has told me mustangs to him are only trucked and never railed.
2. Deysha has already been in this thread and stated there is an inspection hold.
3. When I spoke to FCS level 2, they also confirmed the inspection hold.

Sounds like some dealers are just making up stories to ease their customers' pain.
Old 5/13/11, 12:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Next thing you know they will say they have been taken by aliens lol
At least we'd know the aliens had good taste.
Old 5/13/11, 12:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Eh, don't believe the rail car shortage for 3 reasons:

1. My car is going 300 miles only, and my dealer has told me mustangs to him are only trucked and never railed.
2. Deysha has already been in this thread and stated there is an inspection hold.
3. When I spoke to FCS level 2, they also confirmed the inspection hold.

Sounds like some dealers are just making up stories to ease their customers' pain.
I figured it out. They are inspecting trains.
Old 5/13/11, 12:46 PM
GT Member

Well today was my lucky day (& on Friday the 13th no less.) My contact at Ford CRC called with my VIN# & to let me know my car is scheduled to week, specifically the week of May 23rd. I really needed this, as I've had no change in my status since the day I placed the order, almost 10 weeks ago.
Old 5/13/11, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RaceRed12
I figured it out. They are inspecting trains.
Bahahaha this just made my day
Old 5/13/11, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by The Sheriff
Well today was my lucky day (& on Friday the 13th no less.) My contact at Ford CRC called with my VIN# & to let me know my car is scheduled to week, specifically the week of May 23rd. I really needed this, as I've had no change in my status since the day I placed the order, almost 10 weeks ago.
Well, your order seems to be moving along at the same pace as most of us here. It took 10 weeks for me to get a VIN also. Your window sticker should come up about a week before your build. Good luck!
Old 5/14/11, 06:09 AM
GT Member

January post:
Originally Posted by GT100e
Black GT/CS automatic, ordered 26/11/10 HID-security package cloth top, top boot cover, GT/CS car cover.
No VIN no date but can't wait ! Wanted it delivered in march because of the snow up here... It started as a 2011 but became a 2012, glad they kept the model for 2012.
I think I was happier way back in january, may 14th, no car, no news, not happy...
Old 5/14/11, 06:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GT100e
January post:

I think I was happier way back in january, may 14th, no car, no news, not happy...
I'm with you!! Every day I feel my stomach tighten a little bit more.

GT Premium 5.0L, Candy Red, 6 Speed Auto, 400A, Comfort Pkg. GT Accessory Pkg. 5, Shaker 1000W Audio, 19" Nickel Aluminum Wheels, HID-Security Pkg., Remote Start, GT Power Upgrade Pkg. (Installing when it gets to dealer).
Order Date: 3/17, Received VIN: 4/16, Window Sticker: 4/27/, Build Date: 5/4, ETA: Week of the 15th (probably not)! Delivered: ?
Old 5/14/11, 08:18 AM

I placed an order on Monday and the priority is 10. I am anxious to see what kind of projected dates I get. All of the delays were making me nervous and I probably ordered too quickly. I didn't drive a V8 and I am certain if I had that is what I would have ordered, cost be damned.

So now I join the legions of not so patiently waiting!
Old 5/14/11, 08:23 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Blue Horse
I placed an order on Monday and the priority is 10. I am anxious to see what kind of projected dates I get. All of the delays were making me nervous and I probably ordered too quickly. I didn't drive a V8 and I am certain if I had that is what I would have ordered, cost be damned.

Welcome Blue Horse! You're in good company here. Let you wait begin, LOL.
Old 5/14/11, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

I took my time to order but I ordered a week before you. The dealership said "six weeks" which I know is totally optimistic based on what some people have said but then not everyone that has ordered a car is on the forum so we'll see... I have the luxury of time because it's summer year round here and I have been waiting 3 years for this, whats a couple of months more?

Good luck!
Old 5/14/11, 08:40 AM
GT Member

Do you want to drive it before it snows?
Old 5/14/11, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by RaceRed12
Do you want to drive it before it snows?

LOL...Yeah, I do. Where I live that gives me 6 months to get it here. I figure it will be here around August or early September. Should give me a month before the monsoons start again. I have waited 25 years to buy one. A few months won't make a difference one way or the other.
Old 5/14/11, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Weather is bad in va but fits pic. Will clean up and post more when weather clears. Love it so far!
Attached Images  
Old 5/14/11, 06:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Weather is bad in va but fits pic. Will clean up and post more when weather clears. Love it so far!
You lucky B*STARD! Our cars were built the same day. We are SO jealous, but also so happy for you. You have waited a long time, and the wait has paid off.

Hopefully next weekend it will be us posting pictures for you, and everyone else to see.

Beautiful car, bud.

Beautiful!: redlight:
Old 5/14/11, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
You lucky B*STARD! Our cars were built the same day. We are SO jealous, but also so happy for you. You have waited a long time, and the wait has paid off.

Hopefully next weekend it will be us posting pictures for you, and everyone else to see.

Beautiful car, bud.

Beautiful!: redlight:
Thanks bro,,I am sure yours wont be much longer but I know how bad the wait is, I could not be happier! I still keep checking the garage to make sure Im not dreaming,,washed and claybared the car, leving hte wax on overnight and will buff it up in the morning, hope the weather clears so I can snap some sunny day pics ad start putting some parts on . Hope everyones trains and trucks move fast and safe!!
Old 5/14/11, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Thanks bro,,I am sure yours wont be much longer but I know how bad the wait is, I could not be happier! I still keep checking the garage to make sure Im not dreaming,,washed and claybared the car, leving hte wax on overnight and will buff it up in the morning, hope the weather clears so I can snap some sunny day pics ad start putting some parts on . Hope everyones trains and trucks move fast and safe!!
I'll probably sleep in mine when I finally get it. Hopefully, it's here by the ETA's i've been told. Deysha: 06/01 Dealer: 06/03
Old 5/15/11, 07:15 AM
GT Member

LOL...Yeah, I do. Where I live that gives me 6 months to get it here. I figure it will be here around August or early September. Should give me a month before the monsoons start again. I have waited 25 years to buy one. A few months won't make a difference one way or the other.
LOL. I was only half way kidding. Im in IA and after 16 weeks lf waiting I'm wondering if I will get the car before summer. Hopefully ordering now will not result in the same wait time for you.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition