2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/11, 03:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a call back from FCS level 2 today. She's looking into it, but unfortunately the person who will have the most info about why my car is just sitting there is out of the office already.

They're gonna call me back on Monday, after she can talk to the other guy. Can't complain about FCS all. They've been more than helpful, and hopefully can get this all resolved ASAP.
Old 5/6/11, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me know what you hear. It's getting close to when my car should be there as well.
Old 5/6/11, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wonger
Let me know what you hear. It's getting close to when my car should be there as well.
My salesman emailed me today and said mine should be built around the 16th and has a tentative ETA of June 3rd. (Which is 2 days later than what Deysha told me) Crossing my fingers. I know ours have the same build week.
Old 5/6/11, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
0-60 in so little time that it makes 60 not fun anymore. Can you believe that some places actually had, and still have 55 mph as the speed limit on the highways??? Really, that is horrible. We have 55mph on our city streets here, and it feels SLOW in this car.

Exhaust is quiet at times, but it purrs and growls really nicely at other times. At WOT it is sweet music.

A little over 100 miles now and the manual transmission is wonderful. Absolutely no complaints there.

I have the rearview camera on my sienna and this. I like it on the bigger screen in the mustang, but both are good. I will never keep another car without a backup camera. With young kids and toys, it is the safest thing for both the kids and the mustang. No one should be without one. They are great!!

The hood does not close when I gently drop the hood, so I give it another press to close it. it is gentle yet effective. That is an odd problem though.

The radio sounded horrible until I replaced the front speakers. It sounds wonderful now, but those stock speakers are the worst I have heard in a very long time.
So your finally in the saddle! Congrat! its been a long haul.

So you changed the speakers already? Just the fronts our all four? How much of a PITA was this to do? I'm a little disappointed in the Shaker500. I don't have the top of the line Boston Acoustics system in my Chrysler 300, but the stereo sounds considerably better.
Old 5/6/11, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
Just picked up last night! I was waiting around for my car to go from the train lot to the dealership for a couple of days to no avail. The first time I leave my house...IT SHOWS UP Had to wait all day to get it and it was KILLING me. But its here now! Here area a couple pics from my phone.

Attachment 87507

Attachment 87508

Attachment 87509

EDIT: Ill get some better pics when the sun comes out. I want to drive it sooo bad but its raining. UGGHHHH
A pic of the ODO! No why didn't I think of that?
Old 5/6/11, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Delivered
A little late, but........Congrats!
Old 5/6/11, 09:40 PM

Delivered on 4/30. (Ordered 2/4) Not too bad.
100 mile round trip commute, so I have 500 miles now. MPG = 21.
Couple gripes: 1-2 shift, pass seat rattles, rear leather is puffy/off-contour.

But basically I love it. Corners hard, brakes well, power at every RPM. SYNC's way more fun than I thought.

I worked 9 years at Ford in Engineering in the 90's and the cars have come a long way.
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-2012-mustang-gt-small.jpg  
Old 5/7/11, 06:58 AM
V6 Member

Picked it up yesterday. No complaints. Awesome car. Compared to my Miata, it feels like it's rocket-propelled. Getting 14 MPG, so you know I'm having fun with it.

Two things I'll miss about my Miata... so light and nimble. You can drive it hard without going insanely fast.

Hope the pic uploads OK. It's from my iPhone taken at the dealer. Gotta take some pics with a real camera.

Dealer had another Kona/Stone vert in the showroom, but V6. Said another customer picked up a Kona/Stone GT coupe. I love the combo.
Attached Images  
Old 5/7/11, 07:21 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MikeR
Picked it up yesterday. No complaints. Awesome car. Compared to my Miata, it feels like it's rocket-propelled. Getting 14 MPG, so you know I'm having fun with it.

Two things I'll miss about my Miata... so light and nimble. You can drive it hard without going insanely fast.

Hope the pic uploads OK. It's from my iPhone taken at the dealer. Gotta take some pics with a real camera.

Dealer had another Kona/Stone vert in the showroom, but V6. Said another customer picked up a Kona/Stone GT coupe. I love the combo.
GREAT for you Enjoy it for all of us still waiting
Old 5/7/11, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT100e

GREAT for you Enjoy it for all of us still waiting
Ain't that the truth.
Old 5/7/11, 09:22 AM

I am completely smitten of the new car. The wait was ridiculous, but the results were worth it. The V6 is plenty powerful for a daily driver, the car feels very well put together, the sync system is working wonderfully.
Old 5/7/11, 09:43 AM

Finally got some pictures of the car after two weeks of RAIN! I still in shock, my wife even like the car! Can't believe how dirty the wheels get from the brake dust but they clean up great. The car is everything it should be. For those still waiting, it will be worth the wait!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 5/7/11, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by F Bullit
Finally got some pictures of the car after two weeks of RAIN! I still in shock, my wife even like the car! Can't believe how dirty the wheels get from the brake dust but they clean up great. The car is everything it should be. For those still waiting, it will be worth the wait!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Man race red is BRIGHT!

I actually like the fact that the brembo wheels are smoked. Mine are filthy but I couln't tell until I swiped my finger across them and saw how dirty they were! They wear dirt well
Old 5/7/11, 10:19 AM
GT Member

8 weeks & still no VIN# or build yet, so I got Ford CRC involved. Now I'm getting my VIN# early next week & my car 6 to 8 weeks after that, according to Ford. At least that's something.
Old 5/7/11, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by The Sheriff
8 weeks & still no VIN# or build yet, so I got Ford CRC involved. Now I'm getting my VIN# early next week & my car 6 to 8 weeks after that, according to Ford. At least that's something.
Join the crowd. It took 10 weeks for me to get a VIN and a 6 week projected ETA to go along with it.
Old 5/7/11, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

what the heck is going on with the vehicles that were built 4/25??? people with ETA of 5/5 and 5/6 cars are still in Michigan?? anyone know why they held up the shipments???
Old 5/7/11, 08:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
what the heck is going on with the vehicles that were built 4/25??? people with ETA of 5/5 and 5/6 cars are still in Michigan?? anyone know why they held up the shipments???
Yup, I'm part of this group too.

FCS level 2 better have some information on monday, or sh*t will hit the fan.
Old 5/7/11, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26

Im with ya brother...this is like the never ending story..........
Old 5/7/11, 09:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

You guys should try acting your age since Deysha and others are reading this thread. Acting like little kids isn't going to get you your cars any faster. There's a lot of us frustrated by the whole order process but let's keep it in perspective.

Originally Posted by LEwis26

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Im with ya brother...this is like the never ending story..........
Old 5/7/11, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
You guys should try acting your age since Deysha and others are reading this thread. Acting like little kids isn't going to get you your cars any faster. There's a lot of us frustrated by the whole order process but let's keep it in perspective.
Re-read some of my posts in this thread to get yourself in perspective. Nothing I said is childlike. My car has been sitting for 2.5 weeks in flat rock, and for a $40k purchase, that is unacceptable.

As I've said before, Deysha and FCS have been incredible, but its not too much to ask for some information on why exactly my car is still sitting there, especially being only 300 miles away.

I've been waiting patiently for 14 weeks at this point, and know for a fact that it is not FCS or my dealers fault. But I have no problem escalating my case until someone can tell me exactly why I pay an $850 fee for delivery, but yet nobody can tell me when it's going to come, or WHY it hasn't moved. Unacceptable, and in any other business than the auto industry, a company would never survive.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition