Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/10, 03:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pony racer
seeing my thread got mixed in here somewhere..

so after not hearing from either dealer since last week, i went to the "new" dealer today..

they cant find my car in either system.. they have no clue where my car is, they have no clue when it will arrive.. well after hearing that, i flipped out on the sales manager, right inthe middle of the show room where people where purchasing cars. i told her i've had it with <WATCH IT> excuses, i've been waiting 5 months since ordering, it's <WATCH IT> that people place an order in early may and already are driving their car, i know more about the <WATCH IT> car than any sales person/dealer does, i even know where the car is, i told her she has 2 weeks to get the car HERE, to move it to "hot status", if its not here in that time frame, i'm canceling my order getting my money back and going across the street and buying a camaro or vette.

her response. i'm going to contact my regional rep right now, i'll call you in a few hours..

and yes i swore in the middle of the dealership, was it appropriate, no, but i'm beyond pissed at this point.
I definetly understand your frustration but what did the sales manager, and for that matter the other employees that are working there, do to you that you are yelling at her. We don't control building them, we don't control holding them and we don't control shipping them. The information hasn't been any easier for us to come by than it has been for you to come by. You haven't been kept informed because we haven't been kept informed. If I missed somewhere else were your dealer lied or cheated you then possibly they deserve you doing that, possibly. If they didn't then you were just out of line.

I currently have about 17 retail orders in the pipeline and want them delivered as badly as you want them in your driveway. I get paid when they are delivered, so trust me I want them delivered. Coming into my place of business and calling me an $%$#@# isn't going to accomplish anything, at least not anything positive.
Old 6/14/10, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

FWIW, I just got another call from my dealer. He said that the missing a-pillar trim piece was never the problem. He said that there is an issue with the manual transmission cars requiring each of them to be manually adjusted before being cleared to ship. He said mine has been cleared but my new ETA is now 7/15. If it's cleared to ship then why such a lengthy ETA?
Old 6/14/10, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer

Pony Racer... breathe... with less swearing.
sorry boomer.. i was extremely aggravated when i wrote that. was just Venting. sorry to all members.
Old 6/14/10, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
I definetly understand your frustration but what did the sales manager, and for that matter the other employees that are working there, do to you that you are yelling at her. We don't control building them, we don't control holding them and we don't control shipping them. The information hasn't been any easier for us to come by than it has been for you to come by. You haven't been kept informed because we haven't been kept informed. If I missed somewhere else were your dealer lied or cheated you then possibly they deserve you doing that, possibly. If they didn't then you were just out of line.

I currently have about 17 retail orders in the pipeline and want them delivered as badly as you want them in your driveway. I get paid when they are delivered, so trust me I want them delivered. Coming into my place of business and calling me an $%$#@# isn't going to accomplish anything, at least not anything positive.
You've gotta look at what has happened in his specific case. He placed an order, then the dealership was bought, now It is the job of the new dealership to track and handle his mustang order. They clearly have lost it in the purchase or just aren't trying hard enough to find it or even contact him at all. This grievance is not about a Ford production delay, it's about the dealership that is now responsible failing to locate his car in the system or even try to get in contact with him and it might never get to him because of that.

Last edited by HokieCodeMonkey; 6/14/10 at 03:45 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro

paul, it a culmination of so many aggravating things going on, 1. ford handing of this problem.
2. dealerships "lack of caring", and when i say that. my situation is aggravating at this point im home 4 hours later still stewing about it. i would be alot calmer if i wasnt under the feeling im getting blown off. im a very calm and reasonable person, but there is only so much anyone can take. when i say lack of caring. ( the original dealer closed ), was promised a call by that sales manager 2 weeks ago, when contacting this new dealer and spoke to sales manager he promised a call back tome by thurs day of last week, several calls , no returned calls. so i was in the area today for a doctors app. stopped in the dealer the managers were all in a meeting.. ok fine,, called an hour later they were out of the meeting but were too busy to get onthe phone. leave a message and somone will call back.

i went to lunch. which was right across the street.. then went inside waiting for a manager to find something out. is it their fault yes and no, if there was any type of contact, i wouldnt be so upset.
Buying a car is supposd to be an exciting time, at this time its caused nothing but aggravation. 2 weeks since my originaldealer closed and NO contact from newer dealer other than when i call them.

Last edited by pony racer; 6/14/10 at 03:52 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 04:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
FWIW, I just got another call from my dealer. He said that the missing a-pillar trim piece was never the problem. He said that there is an issue with the manual transmission cars requiring each of them to be manually adjusted before being cleared to ship. He said mine has been cleared but my new ETA is now 7/15. If it's cleared to ship then why such a lengthy ETA?
I told you, James.

I also asserted that it was the manual transmission... weeks ago.

I wonder how many miles these cars are going to have on them when they finally arrive. . .
Old 6/14/10, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I told you, James.

I wonder how many miles these cars are going to have on them when they finally arrive. . .
I remember a few of the 2005 Mustangs having 25 miles or less...
Old 6/14/10, 05:18 PM
V6 Member

Has anyone had any issues with their cars after delivery? I ordered mine in early March and took delivery on 05/26. (2011 GT Premium w/Brembo & 6M). Currently have about 250 miles on the car with no problems so far.

Last edited by Mike.B; 6/14/10 at 05:57 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 05:22 PM
GT Member

I told you, James.

Mine is automatic...built April 19th. Nowhere to be found.
Old 6/14/10, 05:23 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Kahdir
I remember a few of the 2005 Mustangs having 25 miles or less...
my first(damaged) 06 had 2.3, the replacement 06 had 2.4, the 09 had 3.4 (4.0 now just from moving it around in the driveway)

I understand every so often they pull one for a short road test and they get about 25 miles on them max.
Old 6/14/10, 06:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
I understand every so often they pull one for a short road test and they get about 25 miles on them max.
If they were randomly pulled they had a sticker that states as such.
However if they are testing all the cars leaving the factory a little bit more, there could be more than the few 2 or 3 miles on them.
Old 6/14/10, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
If they were randomly pulled they had a sticker that states as such.
However if they are testing all the cars leaving the factory a little bit more, there could be more than the few 2 or 3 miles on them.
Thanks, Pete. that was kind of the point I was making. If they have to "adjust" every manual transmission I'm thinking they're going to have to drive it for more than 30 feet.
Old 6/14/10, 06:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Mike.B
Has anyone had any issues with their cars after delivery? I ordered mine in early March and took delivery on 05/26. (2011 GT Premium w/Brembo & 6M). Currently have about 250 miles on the car with no problems so far.
Gene K had clutch issues... addressed immediately by Ford engineering through his local dealer.
Old 6/14/10, 06:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by CG205
Mine is automatic...built April 19th. Nowhere to be found.
I think they have something against 'vette owners... just sayin'
Old 6/14/10, 07:23 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's any consolation to those of you waiting, the CN rail lot over on King Rd (about 3 miles north of AAI) is finally thinning out and almost all of the 2011s are out of there. Hopefully those of you waiting will soon get their vehicles, and the turn around time on them will go down dramatically. I just thought I'd pass on the good news.
Old 6/14/10, 07:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for that, Steve.
Old 6/14/10, 07:37 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for that, Steve.
Any glimmer of hope I can provide I will. I will try to swing through AAI later this week and see what the lots look like for everyone.
Old 6/14/10, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Any glimmer of hope I can provide I will. I will try to swing through AAI later this week and see what the lots look like for everyone.
Sit outside the gate when the shift gets off. Follow them to the nearby bar where they stop for a beer after work. Go in and have a beer yourself. Chat them up. Get some scoop for your TMS peeps.
Old 6/15/10, 02:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by dragstart
Sit outside the gate when the shift gets off. Follow them to the nearby bar where they stop for a beer after work. Go in and have a beer yourself. Chat them up. Get some scoop for your TMS peeps.
Based on the delays, I'd say they're at the bar before work. . .
Old 6/15/10, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dragstart

I have done that when I was out of town for my company lol. I would go to the bars after we got off and man the stories you will get.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds