Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/13, 12:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You can do one of two things. 1. Keep checking status on your vehicle being built and drive yourself crazy...or 2. Forget about it and wait for the dealer to call you when it arrives for peace of mind.

I agree. No. 2 is the most difficult, but the best if possible. If you analize (see what I done there), it will seem like an eternity.

Of course, I'm not to good at taking my own advise.
Old 3/11/13, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PSUpony
The dealer just provide me the VIN number and the ETA on the delivery during the fist week of April. Is there anything I can do with the VIN?
When did you order? I'm trying to get a rough timeline for myself.
Old 3/11/13, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RogueWing16
The Ruby Red looks great. After I saw on your car, I wondered if I made the wrong choice. lol I wound up going with my favorite color. Also, my neighbor has a 2012 red Mustang GT so I couldn't go that route.
I had the opportunity to rent a Deep Impact Blue V6 convertible in Seattle in December. That color was partly what made me love the car. The only thing which switched me to the Ruby Red was my wife hates ( ) anything that's blue (somehow my eyes got an exemption).

When I heard the 2013 dark red color was to be changed I hightailed to a dealer and had them lie up a Deep Impact Blue and a Candy Apple Red Mustangs along with a Ruby Red something-or-other. Was sold on either the DIB or Ruby Red and my wife's emotions made the call. Am not at all disappointed ... both are fantastically wonderful colors.
Old 3/11/13, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of research planning for mods!!!!
Old 3/11/13, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RogueWing16
My salesman called. My car is in! He texted me some pics this morning. Unfortunately, I can't pick it up until this weekend. Gonna be a long week.
I hope my ETA stays the same as it is suspose to be next week sometime, I got a sneek look at yours now so I'll know what mine should look like, She's Pretty!!!!!
Old 3/11/13, 01:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SPARKY5342
Wow, lookin good - appears it arrived right on schdule !!! Heard from my dealer Friday that mine is "on the way" to the dealership. Got my $750 coupon in the mail Saturday - I sent for "the brochure" the day I ordered the Mustang! Now after seeing your pictures, wish I would have got the window louvres - lookin good! Should be good drivin'weather by the end of the week - have fun - it'll be here b4 you know it - at least that's what I'm tellin' myself, ha!!!
Excellent. You may get your keys before I do. lol Getting excited or nervous when I see the pics of my car. Not sure which one. Feels like I am about to bring home a newborn from the hospital. lol Got the $750 a few weeks ago and was sweating bullets for the car to arrive before the expiration date. Everything has worked out well so far with my order. Yep, we are getting our cars just in time for nice weather. Good luck with your Mustang!

Originally Posted by Kairho
I had the opportunity to rent a Deep Impact Blue V6 convertible in Seattle in December. That color was partly what made me love the car. The only thing which switched me to the Ruby Red was my wife hates ( ) anything that's blue (somehow my eyes got an exemption).

When I heard the 2013 dark red color was to be changed I hightailed to a dealer and had them lie up a Deep Impact Blue and a Candy Apple Red Mustangs along with a Ruby Red something-or-other. Was sold on either the DIB or Ruby Red and my wife's emotions made the call. Am not at all disappointed ... both are fantastically wonderful colors.
They are both great colors. Hard to go wrong with either color.

Last edited by RogueWing16; 3/11/13 at 01:19 PM.
Old 3/11/13, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2014grabber
I just registered here and found this thread. I ordered a v-6 premium on 2-18, and my dealer called this week with a vin, and told me that my cars eta is 3-25 to 4-6. I am getting pretty excited!
I'm happy for everyone getting their VINs and updates so quickly, but what I don't get is why mine is taking so long? I ordered almost 4 weeks ago and my order is still "in process." My dealer finally responded with that information and assured me he has an allotment and there are no commodity holds. Yet others get a VIN in a couple of weeks. It is very frustrating.

I like being happy for others, but I want to be happy for ME.
Old 3/11/13, 02:17 PM

Car looks awesome RogueWing16, I cannot wait for my DIB. My wife kept trying to convince me in my sleep to get black, I'm so glad it didn't work so I could get my favorite color.
Old 3/11/13, 02:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Crusty_2014_GT500_Conv.
Thank you Tukatz!
Congratz Joe, nice looking ride, don't see those much around here. See 'ya hopefully this spring.

If you're in the Ste-Rose area let me know.
Old 3/11/13, 02:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by hirons
I'm happy for everyone getting their VINs and updates so quickly, but what I don't get is why mine is taking so long? I ordered almost 4 weeks ago and my order is still "in process." My dealer finally responded with that information and assured me he has an allotment and there are no commodity holds. Yet others get a VIN in a couple of weeks. It is very frustrating.

I like being happy for others, but I want to be happy for ME.
I feel your pain man. The worst part is waiting for the VIN and sticker. I calmed down after I got that. When exactly did you order? It took me three weeks for my VIN and sticker and I'm waiting not so patiently for an eta of 3-19. If your dealer has an available allocation in March, I'm sure its on its way. I know it's not fair how they determine when orders are built. They should all be first come first serve in my opinion. I'm sure they'd sell more orders that way. Anyhow, check with Deysha towards the end of the week and hopefully you'll have something by then. I think Ford updates their database every Thursday or Friday.
Old 3/11/13, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by lsxjunkie

When did you order? I'm trying to get a rough timeline for myself.
The dealer put the ordering on February 28
Old 3/11/13, 05:09 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
In a few days you can see your window sticker. Enter this URL, but replace my VIN with yours.
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8EM3E5208105
At the top toward the left you will see a number like 120130211 with the word Blend under it. 20130211 was my build date.
Wow - thanks for the blend date thing... I bought mine off the lot, didn't order it, however........

my build date for my car was on my birthday last year!!! How cool is that?
Old 3/11/13, 06:10 PM

2-1 ordered 2014 mustang
2-8 dealer gave vin
2-19 window sticker online
deysha said last week that ETA to dealer was 3-17, but my dealer called and said its on a truck to be delivered tomorrow, and ready for pickup on early wednesday. So excited, i took wednesday off work!

2014 mustang gt premium ruby red
manual
401a package
3.73 rear end
comfort package
19 inch nickel rims
shaker pro sound system
appearance package 4 (spoiler)

I hope it looks alright, i was hesitant about the rims, but they're 2nd best looking next to the brembo rims. i'm sad that ford quit offering the rims that came with the 2010 mustang gt track pack. Those rims were gorgeous on my 2010 mustang gt. I also hope that the ruby red isnt a cop attractor. The only cars ive ever owned are mustangs, this being my 3rd GT and i've never been pulled over in 12 years of driving.
Old 3/11/13, 06:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
Lots of research planning for mods!!!!
+1

That was the first thing that popped into my head. lol That helped out waiting for the car to arrive.
Old 3/11/13, 07:07 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,232 Posts
^^sounds like a great car!
Old 3/11/13, 07:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't think of it as a "cop attractor" color at all. But idk maybe I'm wrong
Old 3/11/13, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
I wouldn't think of it as a "cop attractor" color at all. But idk maybe I'm wrong
......or a chick magnet......it all depends...
Old 3/11/13, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by axelderhund
2-1 ordered 2014 mustang
2-8 dealer gave vin
2-19 window sticker online
deysha said last week that ETA to dealer was 3-17, but my dealer called and said its on a truck to be delivered tomorrow, and ready for pickup on early wednesday. So excited, i took wednesday off work!

2014 mustang gt premium ruby red
manual
401a package
3.73 rear end
comfort package
19 inch nickel rims
shaker pro sound system
appearance package 4 (spoiler)

I hope it looks alright, i was hesitant about the rims, but they're 2nd best looking next to the brembo rims. i'm sad that ford quit offering the rims that came with the 2010 mustang gt track pack. Those rims were gorgeous on my 2010 mustang gt. I also hope that the ruby red isnt a cop attractor. The only cars ive ever owned are mustangs, this being my 3rd GT and i've never been pulled over in 12 years of driving.
Nice car
Old 3/11/13, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by thegame
I feel your pain man. The worst part is waiting for the VIN and sticker. I calmed down after I got that. When exactly did you order? It took me three weeks for my VIN and sticker and I'm waiting not so patiently for an eta of 3-19.
I ordered on 2/13, which was only a few days after yours. I just wish I knew why. The whole process seems so arbitrary.
Old 3/11/13, 09:40 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks Great ! I had a 2012 yellow blaze premium that consumed oil ,,after a long battle with ford..its gone , Now im in market for a premium gt ,,id like a green race red or grabber blue..im in Wv and have 29500 cash ..plus tax and title monies,,Anybody got any dealer connections . Ford wont give a coupon and lord knows ive been way more loyal than i should have,,When i do find a premium that suits me deal throws in crazy fees in taxes ,,mail me or call me if u can find me a deal ,,I have scheduled a day off and have riding pardner id drive 8 hrs one way and 8 hrs back from 26201 to pick up a green 2013 premium! 304 439-1683

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread