Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/14, 12:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
I watched the GT/CS Registry site and saw that a black glass roof automatic was being produced on 5/15 and gave the VIN numbers to my salesman/sales manager at Bob Swope Ford in Elizabethtown, KY. He looked it up and he saw that it was ordered by Long McArthur Ford in Salina, KS. He called Long McArthur to work out a dealer trade but they weren't sure when it was going to be in so I called everyday until it arrived and told Bob Swope to go get it!

It looks awesome and going to be great car. I found what I was looking for by doing the legwork and research myself. The dealership did go the extra mile to make me happy and get the only car l wanted so in the end it all worked out. Can't wait to drive it to the house!
I work for a large company based out of Lexington KY. It is very beautiful up there.

Congrats on the new car. Being diligent on what you want always pays off..
Old 6/1/14, 07:01 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Slizzime
Looks good! Congratulations!

Thanks!
Old 6/1/14, 08:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
They seem to be getting to the Dealers much sooner. Mine was set to deliver on July 4th. It came in over a month earlier...

Keep Hopping..

Exhaust sounds like a good thing you have my shopping...
Going over the bridge into my neighborhood, it's a single lane with 3 foot concrete barriers on either side. Went over it in my turbo Subaru (with a catback, they basically sound like somebody cut a V8 in half, same sorta rumbly pulse) and they sound was great, but I was wishing the sound came out beside me instead. LIGHTBULB! Time to order Boss exhaust for the Mustang. Just going to and from work everyday will be a treat.

I'm just a little frustrated that the current ETA is more than 2 months after the build date. I'm hoping it'll arrive sooner, but really who knows. My dealer has 2 other GT's listed on their stock list as "incoming", I ran their VINs through the tracking site, and even though they were built 10 days after mine, they have the same ETA and are listed as In Transit just like mine. There are 22 Ford dealers in Manitoba, how long can it possibly take to fill a rail car headed here?
Old 6/1/14, 09:45 AM

3 days left on my "in transit" count down.. These 2 months have been extremely long
I feel for the guys that have been waiting longer.
I have so many mods waiting in my garage for my car that I think that's what makes it worse. I got to ahead of myself
Old 6/1/14, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Blownsnake93
I have so many mods waiting in my garage for my car that I think that's what makes it worse. I got to ahead of myself
Same here, so much stuff for my car and according to the site it's still more than a month away. Hell, I ordered my first batch of mods less than an hour after signing the order sheet back in March. I'm thinking about seeking help.
Old 6/1/14, 10:13 AM

Picked up Friday! Randomly showed up at the dealer Thursday night after going MIA, missing the deliver date and not being updated via COTUS or dealer getting info. Totally worth the wait (even though I still wish it came sooner)!

Name:  LxFuQ7n.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  2.70 MB
Old 6/1/14, 10:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmilano12
Picked up Friday! Randomly showed up at the dealer Thursday night after going MIA, missing the deliver date and not being updated via COTUS or dealer getting info. Totally worth the wait (even though I still wish it came sooner)!
That white is so fresh!
Old 6/1/14, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Same here, so much stuff for my car and according to the site it's still more than a month away. Hell, I ordered my first batch of mods less than an hour after signing the order sheet back in March. I'm thinking about seeking help.
Same here man lol. I have K-Springs, Koni Yellows, 1" spacers front and rear, MM CC plates, GT500 steering wheel, clear side markers/amber LEDs, and a black jamb nut (for the eventual shift **** swap + MGW and GT500 shift/e-brake boots) already waiting. Right there with ya
Old 6/1/14, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks AMAZING!!!! its going to look VERY similar to mine on order!!! can't wait
Old 6/1/14, 12:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Observations as I get used to my new car.

Man I've never had a car with this kind of HP. My 2000 GT was a treat for a while but it's nothing like this car. I have a ball the minute I turn that key.

Today I finally played with select shift. I'm not a manual transmission guy so this may mean nothing since I really don't have lots of hours with a manual. Next Mustang I will get a manual transmission but for now I have select shift and I have to say I kind of disagree with complaints about the shifter where it's placed. I find very comfy and intuitive. Then again I've never driven a car with "proper" paddle shifters. I guess what I'm saying means nothing other than I'm happy with it.

Mufflers are on the want list. I feel like the car is way too quiet.

Next up is stripes and then I need to detail her.

Last edited by VidPro; 6/1/14 at 12:51 PM.
Old 6/1/14, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Going over the bridge into my neighborhood, it's a single lane with 3 foot concrete barriers on either side. Went over it in my turbo Subaru (with a catback, they basically sound like somebody cut a V8 in half, same sorta rumbly pulse) and they sound was great, but I was wishing the sound came out beside me instead. LIGHTBULB! Time to order Boss exhaust for the Mustang. Just going to and from work everyday will be a treat.

I'm just a little frustrated that the current ETA is more than 2 months after the build date. I'm hoping it'll arrive sooner, but really who knows. My dealer has 2 other GT's listed on their stock list as "incoming", I ran their VINs through the tracking site, and even though they were built 10 days after mine, they have the same ETA and are listed as In Transit just like mine. There are 22 Ford dealers in Manitoba, how long can it possibly take to fill a rail car headed here?
Hang in there , it may show up earlier! Listen to Deysha on the dates, she will be your most accurate sourse bar none
Old 6/1/14, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

You only need help if you don't have parts ordered !
Old 6/1/14, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrmilano12

Congratulations! !!! Car looks very sharp! Enjoy it!
Old 6/1/14, 02:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ya that looks really nice.
Old 6/1/14, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
Observations as I get used to my new car.

Man I've never had a car with this kind of HP. My 2000 GT was a treat for a while but it's nothing like this car. I have a ball the minute I turn that key.

Today I finally played with select shift. I'm not a manual transmission guy so this may mean nothing since I really don't have lots of hours with a manual. Next Mustang I will get a manual transmission but for now I have select shift and I have to say I kind of disagree with complaints about the shifter where it's placed. I find very comfy and intuitive. Then again I've never driven a car with "proper" paddle shifters. I guess what I'm saying means nothing other than I'm happy with it.

Mufflers are on the want list. I feel like the car is way too quiet.

Next up is stripes and then I need to detail her.
Glad to hear your enjoying it. And I agree with you, these cars need louder exhaust in the worst way !
Old 6/1/14, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by VidPro
No paper. Even the dealer was curious about it. I think it's kind of cool. Wish I had the proof to put away with all my Mustang paperwork.

Here is what mine had...it had 69 miles when I picked it up though.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-20140601_172040.jpg  
Old 6/1/14, 05:17 PM
Cobra Member

Nice, at least ford gives you an explanation!
Old 6/1/14, 06:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

My note must have blown out the window.
Old 6/1/14, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

ha-ha, maybe your car was the one exception. maybe there was a disgruntled employee that took one look at your car and thought to reduce the tread ware on your tires, did you check for rubber under your wheel wells hehehehehehe! totally kidding, that does suck though!
Old 6/1/14, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

My Sales guy emailed me just yesterday and had let me know that my car is tentatively due at the end of the first week of June.

I'm confused about why he would email me and let me know when he would have known that. based on cotusb and Deysha, the car finished being built on the 28th! weird, but i hope he's right!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread