Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/13, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive never seen a Green GT/CS, that will look good. I just went with the Oxford white.
Old 12/7/13, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by FaSSt67
Ive never seen a Green GT/CS, that will look good. I just went with the Oxford white.
They just made it available on the CS in October. That's what finally got me to pull the trigger on ordering one. You can't go wrong with white though, they look especially good on the CS with the black accents.
Old 12/7/13, 10:18 PM

Question for Deysha...or anyone that has info.

My order was placed for a 2014 Sterling Grey GT Premium on 11/14/13. A couple days after, I changed my mind and wanted to add Coupe Accessory Package 1 to my car. This is the rear side window louvers and side scoops. It took two weeks, but they finally told me my order was finalized and could not be changed. I get that, but it seems so simple to add these items, and I would really like them added at the factory. I know I can have the dealership install them, but I'm concerned they won't be of the same quality. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 12/8/13, 03:20 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Beavis9000

My order was placed for a 2014 Sterling Grey GT Premium on 11/14/13. A couple days after, I changed my mind and wanted to add Coupe Accessory Package 1 to my car. This is the rear side window louvers and side scoops. It took two weeks, but they finally told me my order was finalized and could not be changed. I get that, but it seems so simple to add these items, and I would really like them added at the factory. I know I can have the dealership install them, but I'm concerned they won't be of the same quality. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I would think the ones at the dealer will be OEM parts. good luck
Old 12/9/13, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

There is a lot more involved in building a vehicle than the assembly plant just receiving an order and building it that way. Suppliers are notified at the same time the plant is so they can build and paint the parts and ship them. The window louvers are most likely painted at a different factory, trucked to a warehouse, identified to be used on your car, put in specific order for which cars are built that day, and then shipped to the plant.

Bumpers, door panels, seats, steering wheels, wheels, trim, etc. Are all warehoused offsite and placed on pallets in the order that they will be used at the plant. This allows a faster, more accurate assembly process since they aren't relying on the assembly worker to pick and choose which parts go on which vehicle. They can simple grab the next part out of the container and it is the correct one.

That's why it can't be added after your order has been initiated in the system.

The parts the dealership use come from the same supplier and are the same quality as what is put on at the plant. Since the person installing them at the dealership can spend more time putting them on and pay attention to detail, you have nothing to worry about.
Old 12/9/13, 07:21 AM

Thank You

Thank you, RubyRed. That makes a lot of sense. I guess I'll just have to be even more patient and wait for the dealership to install the parts. I see you got yours in less than a month, but that's probably because you're in Detroit, right? I'm in California, so it will probably be at least the 8 weeks I was told.
Old 12/9/13, 08:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Starting to wish I had just bought something off the lot. I'm only 19 days into the wait and its killing me.
I have more info for you, devilcaninex. I’ll PM you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by dkj313
Thank you. You're a great help!
You’re very welcome, dkj313!

Deysha, I sent you a pm.
I ordered a GT/CS in October and its taking way too long, lol
Originally Posted by zumbi
I too ordered a GT/CS the first of Nov. I've heard nothing from my dealer, but I also sent Deysha a PM. Hopefully she will have some good news for both of us.
Welcome and congrats on your new orders, guys! I’ll get back to you soon.

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
There is a lot more involved in building a vehicle than the assembly plant just receiving an order and building it that way. Suppliers are notified at the same time the plant is so they can build and paint the parts and ship them. The window louvers are most likely painted at a different factory, trucked to a warehouse, identified to be used on your car, put in specific order for which cars are built that day, and then shipped to the plant.
Bumpers, door panels, seats, steering wheels, wheels, trim, etc. Are all warehoused offsite and placed on pallets in the order that they will be used at the plant. This allows a faster, more accurate assembly process since they aren't relying on the assembly worker to pick and choose which parts go on which vehicle. They can simple grab the next part out of the container and it is the correct one.
That's why it can't be added after your order has been initiated in the system.
The parts the dealership use come from the same supplier and are the same quality as what is put on at the plant. Since the person installing them at the dealership can spend more time putting them on and pay attention to detail, you have nothing to worry about.
If your vehicle has already scheduled or built, no changes will be able to take place, Beavis9000. The info provided by RubyRedMCA_Beast, is pretty helpful. PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Deysha
Old 12/9/13, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Deysha,

Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for tracking for us!!
It makes the wait easier, to get updates.
Old 12/10/13, 03:25 PM

Just heard back from Deysha. They finished building my GHIG GT/CS yesterday! ETA to dealership is January 3. I can't wait, especially since I have yet to see a green California Special.
Old 12/10/13, 05:30 PM

Post some pics up when you get it, Id like to see it.

I cant get my sales person to return calls or emails to get the order number so I have no idea when mine will arrive.
Old 12/10/13, 06:37 PM

Didn't you get a printout when you placed your order? It should have your order number on it. Mine was a 3 digit number followed by a letter. That is all Deysha needs besides the name of your dealer.
Old 12/10/13, 06:44 PM
GT Member

Didn't you get a printout when you placed your order? It should have your order number on it. Mine was a 3 digit number followed by a letter. That is all Deysha needs besides the name of your dealer.

Dysha has been helping me along with so many others. Glad I found this thread. She has help more than my dealership...

I am sure she will help many to come...

Mine should be off the train by now close to delivery, but the snow has fallen in Upstate NY.

!

Last edited by dkj313; 12/10/13 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12/10/13, 07:41 PM

There's no order number on my paperwork. I went in late on a Friday and signed the papers and gave them the deposit. The salesman said he placed the order the next Tuesday. He told me two weeks ago the car had been built but I havent been able to contact him ever since.

Last edited by FaSSt67; 12/10/13 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12/10/13, 07:46 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dysha has been helping me along with so many others. Glad I found this thread. She has help more than my dealership...
!
I have known the sales person at the Ford dealership for about 30 years going back to when we were kids building the Lego auto chassis. He was wondering how I could find out info he did not have access to.

Yep all Deysha!

Makes you feel good about support of Ford Service before your vehicle even shows up. Brilliant work.
Old 12/11/13, 12:10 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha,
Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for tracking for us!!
It makes the wait easier, to get updates.
I sent you some info, devilcaninex!

Just heard back from Deysha. They finished building my GHIG GT/CS yesterday! ETA to dealership is January 3. I can't wait, especially since I have yet to see a green California Special.
Getting closer, zumbi.

I am sure she will help many to come...
Mine should be off the train by now close to delivery, but the snow has fallen in Upstate NY.!
Thanks, dkj313!

There's no order number on my paperwork. I went in late on a Friday and signed the papers and gave them the deposit. The salesman said he placed the order the next Tuesday. He told me two weeks ago the car had been built but I havent been able to contact him ever since.
I sent you a PM, FaSSt67.

Originally Posted by dburton_mi
I have known the sales person at the Ford dealership for about 30 years going back to when we were kids building the Lego auto chassis. He was wondering how I could find out info he did not have access to.

Yep all Deysha!

Makes you feel good about support of Ford Service before your vehicle even shows up. Brilliant work.
Thank you, dburton_mi!

Deysha
Old 12/12/13, 06:16 PM
GT Member

It showed up. Great weather. Flat bed coming soon....

Freekinnn love it....
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-1.jpg  
Old 12/12/13, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow I will remember this next time im going off about California taxes lol

Freekinnn love it....
Old 12/12/13, 06:55 PM
GT Member

Wow I will remember this next time im going off about California taxes lol

Thanks rub it in, wanted to get a 14. Now the problem comes looking at a new car for four months.
Old 12/12/13, 07:14 PM
V6 Member

I'm in a similar situation with winter. I've probably gone out to sit in mine in the garage more times than I have actually driven it. I hope you get yours home safe and soon.

Only now you can't claim that its never seen snow!
Old 12/12/13, 10:16 PM
GT Member

[QUOTE=dkj313;6729475]It showed up. Great weather. Flat bed coming soon....

Ugh…aint much better here in Cleveland. I've had mine almost two months now and has a whopping 63 miles on it. Glad you got it though, congrats!!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread