Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010+ Info as far as we know

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/08, 01:47 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
Top of the line Sony Package with center dash speaker/tweeter.
Also no more green lit dash now blue with ambient in 7 colors.
No word on 125 colors.
YES!!! just what i wanted to here. i have green gauges in my current car and im fed up. blue is much better imo
Old 6/25/08, 06:26 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
No word on 125 colors.
So does this meant the WHOLE DASH?
As in not just the gauges?

Do we FINALLY get to change ALL the colours in the dash?

That...would...rule

Kinda figured about the Sony...seems ford is swapping over to a sony branded name...not sub brand.
Old 6/25/08, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No word on 125 colors.
And new, eco-fart gas chambers in the seats to capture any un-treated emissions..
Old 6/26/08, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No word on 125 colors.
That would seal the deal. Have had enough of the green lighting...
Old 6/29/08, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Spoke to my friend today who works in Ford design. Shaker is on the new car, and they say there are no speakers on the dash.

But you are correct the "Ford green" has been replaced by "Ford blue" as the default color. The ambient lights will be in the same places as the optional 2008-'09 ( cupholder, under dash, doors ) but it will coordinate w/ the gauge colors. Not sure on the 125, but they said its more than 7.

Also said do not expect center stack or door handle lights to change from Ford blue, as those pieces are shared w/ Flex and other Fords, so they can't add in the extra lights ( he said no space left and extra cost that Mustang would have to pay for. ). They said look at the Flex and you'll pretty much see the Ford blue lights and center stack buttons.

I hate that the 08 ambient and gauges don't match, and then to have the ugly VCR green. Ugh. But its cool that the ambient and gauges will match for 2010!!!! Customized!!!!

No word on 125 colors.
Old 7/2/08, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Some Interior Updates...

Materials on par with Flex/MKS.
Black Interior will have no color change from one material to another (Plastic to leather)
New Way

Old Way

Navigation Same as Flex/Fusion (8" SCREEN)
Those w/o Nav get the same type of blue readout thats in the Flex/F150/Focus/Escape

HVAC Controls mix between Flex/MKS depending on Optional Nav
Attched Image of Spy Shot

New Grey trimed or Full Interiors will have a blueish tint

Premier Trim will have Stitched dash offset like MKS

Trunk Release button from MKS standard

Push Button Start Optional
from Mazda 6 / MKS Attached Pics

Outside:
Mazda 6 handles, Capless Fuel Filler, reverse sensors,

Back up camera inside Faux Gas Cap (w/Nav Option)
Attached Thumbnails 2010+ Info as far as we know-ford-mustang-interior-spy-2.jpg   2010+ Info as far as we know-lincoln-mks.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Topnotch; 7/2/08 at 06:59 PM.
Old 7/2/08, 07:39 PM
GT Member

Not sure what you mean on black interior will have no color change from one material to another. There is no green/blue tint to the black interiors. Its just the color of the pictures.

Also, can't get absolute re-confirmation since this week is mandatory Ford vacation, but I remember asking my friend and they said push button start will not be on 2010....

Materials on par with Flex/MKS.
Black Interior will have no color change from one material to another (Plastic to leather)
New Way

Old Way

Navigation Same as Flex/Fusion (8" SCREEN)
Those w/o Nav get the same type of blue readout thats in the Flex/F150/Focus/Escape

HVAC Controls mix between Flex/MKS depending on Optional Nav
Attched Image of Spy Shot

New Grey trimed or Full Interiors will have a blueish tint

Premier Trim will have Stitched dash offset like MKS

Trunk Release button from MKS standard

Push Button Start Optional
from Mazda 6 / MKS Attached Pics

Outside:
Mazda 6 handles, Capless Fuel Filler, reverse sensors,

Back up camera inside Faux Gas Cap (w/Nav Option)
Old 7/3/08, 06:20 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
No push button start would be a HUGE upset considering its part of the Technology package in other fords (nav/cam/lockthingyIcantrememberitsname)
Old 7/3/08, 08:49 PM
GT Member

Focus and Mustang are the only Ford cars which have manual and auto. The pushbutton start they have on MKS works only one automatic.

Originally Posted by Boomer
No push button start would be a HUGE upset considering its part of the Technology package in other fords (nav/cam/lockthingyIcantrememberitsname)
Old 7/3/08, 09:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe they can work something out?

Old 7/4/08, 12:47 AM
MOTM Committee Member

so we know they have the tech to do it, lets just hope they apply it. Push button start is great
Old 7/4/08, 11:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Am I the only one in this thread who finds push button start to be a bit of a gimmick? I've heard people tout the advantages.....like the fact that it eliminates a key from your key ring. But the truth of the matter is that you still need the key fob which isn't small, and a switchblade key offers more or less the same practical advantage here since it takes up no more room than a fob does when the key is folded in.

People also cite that this design makes it more difficult to lock your keys in your car. But the truth is there are more foolproof and simpler methods of ensuring the same which car companies can introduce if they so desired, so that isn't really a benefit either. Primarily I think this is another salvo in the 'look what my car has' competition that has been raging for decades often bringing us tantalizing features of questionable tangible benefit.

I take no issue with keyless start, but it does seem odd to me that it has become a 'must have' feature given the level of genuine benefit it provides.
Old 7/5/08, 05:56 AM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jsaylor
Am I the only one in this thread who finds push button start to be a bit of a gimmick? I've heard people tout the advantages.....like the fact that it eliminates a key from your key ring. But the truth of the matter is that you still need the key fob which isn't small, and a switchblade key offers more or less the same practical advantage here since it takes up no more room than a fob does when the key is folded in.

People also cite that this design makes it more difficult to lock your keys in your car. But the truth is there are more foolproof and simpler methods of ensuring the same which car companies can introduce if they so desired, so that isn't really a benefit either. Primarily I think this is another salvo in the 'look what my car has' competition that has been raging for decades often bringing us tantalizing features of questionable tangible benefit.

I take no issue with keyless start, but it does seem odd to me that it has become a 'must have' feature given the level of genuine benefit it provides.
There very much are tangible benefits to a smart key.

The Mazda smartkey is like a thick credit card so you can just stick it in your wallet.

One of the the things that got my wife to choose a Murano over a MKX was the Nissan smart key. The Nissan smart key is about the same size as the Ford integrated key+FOB and the Nissan FOB has a regular mechanical key tucked in, it just in case.

There is no reason in the world why push button start could not work with manual TX, the software just has to be programmed to make you push in the clutch before the start button will work, same as an auto trannie has to be in park for the start button to work.

Smart Key / push button start is a very nice convenience, no more reaching into your pocket (or pocketbook for women) and fumbling for a key. Very nice on rainy days so you don't have to stick a wet hand in your pocket. Even nicer when its winter, there's snow and you have gloves on.
Old 7/5/08, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by V10
There very much are tangible benefits to a smart key.

The Mazda smartkey is like a thick credit card so you can just stick it in your wallet.

Smart Key / push button start is a very nice convenience, no more reaching into your pocket (or pocketbook for women) and fumbling for a key. Very nice on rainy days so you don't have to stick a wet hand in your pocket. Even nicer when its winter, there's snow and you have gloves on.
Let me rephrase, minimal tangible benefit. This is like the self closing doors on a Roller or the old power trunk lids on Lincolns which closed the trunk the final few inches for you so you wouldn't have to. Without question these features indeed do accomplish something, but the ratio of gimmick to actual benefit is questionable. There does come a point when we have to ask exactly how much we expect our appliances, including our cars, to do for us. I'll stand by my original assertion, far more fluff than stuff here.

Still, as I said earlier the inclusion of the same, which is bound to be universal within a few years, isn't an inconvenience either so I can take it or leave it. However, I am disappointed that effort has been expended on something so superficial when it could have been directed elsewhere.

Last edited by jsaylor; 7/5/08 at 09:58 AM.
Old 7/5/08, 07:05 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Let me rephrase, minimal tangible benefit. .
Maybe to you, but the majority of the vehicle buying public may feel differently.
Believe me, that to many woman it's a really big deal not having to dig into their pocketbooks for keys. Once Ford has done the engineering for 1 vehicle it's a no brainer to put smart key on ALL FoMoCo vehicles.

Lack of smart key and lack of back up camera lost Ford at least one sale, probably many more too. With the MKS it looks like Lincoln finally got their collective heads out of their rear ends and have included the features customers want these days like smart key, back up camera, automatic wipers, etc.
Old 7/5/08, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking GOOD ONE ...

Originally Posted by Black331
And new, eco-fart gas chambers in the seats to capture any un-treated emissions..
ROFLMAO ...
Old 7/5/08, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Let me rephrase, minimal tangible benefit. This is like the self closing doors on a Roller or the old power trunk lids on Lincolns which closed the trunk the final few inches for you so you wouldn't have to. Without question these features indeed do accomplish something, but the ratio of gimmick to actual benefit is questionable. There does come a point when we have to ask exactly how much we expect our appliances, including our cars, to do for us. I'll stand by my original assertion, far more fluff than stuff here.

Still, as I said earlier the inclusion of the same, which is bound to be universal within a few years, isn't an inconvenience either so I can take it or leave it. However, I am disappointed that effort has been expended on something so superficial when it could have been directed elsewhere.
I agree with this and the one before it. Same way I feel about the controls in the steering wheel. The cruise controls are acceptable, but the radio and whatever all else just isn't necessary.

Last edited by TXBLUOVAL; 7/5/08 at 09:20 PM.
Old 7/5/08, 09:42 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
I agree with this and the one before it. Same way I feel about the controls in the steering wheel. The cruise controls are acceptable, but the radio and whatever all else just isn't necessary.
Yeah, and while we're at it, can we please get wind up windows and a carburetor back, too!

Maybe Ford could call it the "Troglodyte Package".

Last edited by Hollywood_North GT; 7/5/08 at 09:44 PM.
Old 7/5/08, 09:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by V10
Maybe to you, but the majority of the vehicle buying public may feel differently.
Believe me, that to many woman it's a really big deal not having to dig into their pocketbooks for keys. Once Ford has done the engineering for 1 vehicle it's a no brainer to put smart key on ALL FoMoCo vehicles.

Lack of smart key and lack of back up camera lost Ford at least one sale, probably many more too. With the MKS it looks like Lincoln finally got their collective heads out of their rear ends and have included the features customers want these days like smart key, back up camera, automatic wipers, etc.
I may not have made my position clear, as it seems you are confusing two separate issues. Those being my personal opinion on the actual value of such a feature and my belief regarding whether such an option should be optional, or even standard, in the Mustang. I fully understand that people want this feature, and that it likely holds greater appeal for women than men. Also notice that I never said that Ford shouldn't include it in the Mustang....to be successful Ford has to give the consumer what they want and obviously this feature is on more than a few folks wish list.

What I did assert is that I said feature to be a somewhat frivolous use of resources, but it is hardly the first and certainly wont be the last. IMO too much money is spent on dubious features like keyless start, 'I-Drive' style setups, etc...which could otherwise be employed to actually make the car a better car. (that is, unfortunately, becoming an increasingly novel concept) Keyless start is coming from Ford and the truth is they need it if for no other reason than the public wants it, but that doesn't mean it isn't a bit silly. Just my opinion.

Last edited by jsaylor; 7/5/08 at 09:56 PM.
Old 7/6/08, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Yeah, and while we're at it, can we please get wind up windows

Electric windows are great, but forego the power locks.

and a carburetor back, too!

I agree; we should be able to get a WEBER set up as an option (and a 5.4).

Maybe Ford could call it the "Troglodyte Package".

Sure beats anything you youngster gearheads are coming up with as far as true old-fashioned American performance goes. Yall are too happy with tiny low-powered V-8(s).

Last edited by TXBLUOVAL; 7/6/08 at 10:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010+ Info as far as we know