Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010+ Info as far as we know

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/07, 03:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
I have a high 12 second Mach and I haven't touched my engine, tranny or gears!
You sure? can you proce this? I have a solution...just let me borrow the Mach-1 for the weekend and we can settle this whole matter once and for all.

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
The sticking point to getting to 400hp with the setup above I think would be the intake. I'd love for an aluminum version of the magnesium FR500 intake.
Agreed

Originally Posted by rhumb
I imagine this might be why you generally don't see siamesed cylinders in production cars, certainly not those with hi performance goals. Short-lived, non-warrentied, non-EPA race motors can probably live with the disadvantages in search of greater displacement and power.
Actually, siamese bore engines are becoming relatively common-place, even in high perfomance applications. GM's LS2 series engines are siamese bore as are Ford's aluminum mod motor engines. The difference here is that this is the first cast iron Mod motor to utlize a siamese bore. And since the cast iron engines don't need cylinder liners we have the obvious advantage of a larger plausible bore in a production engine.

Originally Posted by rhumb
I'd rather have a screaming 4.6 that is doable than a 5.0 that isn't, just for poetic reasons.
I'm not sure why you say this. Nothin at all undoable about a 94mm bore, siamese block, cast iron Mod motor. In fact, without the 94mm bore I don't think the mod motor is worth keeping around with the TF V6 and Boss V8 coming.
Old 12/6/07, 03:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue II hinted strongly today (about as strongly as he gets), that the production 5.0 will use a CGI block to bump the old Mod architecture to 5 liters.
Old 12/6/07, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Moosetang
Blue II hinted strongly today (about as strongly as he gets), that the production 5.0 will use a CGI block to bump the old Mod architecture to 5 liters.
I beat you to it (see post #54).
Old 12/6/07, 03:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Yeah, obviously.

I'm suprised how much he actually comes out and says though sometimes.

I updated the original post and added a link to a CGI page
Hmmm...In another thread on BON, it was stated that Blue II doesn't work for Ford. He's just privy to very reliable inside info. I was always under the impression he worked for Ford.
Old 12/6/07, 03:53 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I seem to think its an evolution of the Mod ... not just a 'lets use CGI and bore it'

I think it'll have a larger bore/stroke but not 94mm
Old 12/6/07, 04:40 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by jsaylor
You sure? can you proce this? I have a solution...just let me borrow the Mach-1 for the weekend and we can settle this whole matter once and for all.
I sure can. I have timeslips. And you are more than welcome to come to the track this coming season to verify, but not drive.

Now . . .

A CGI would be very interesting.
Old 12/6/07, 05:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by TomServo92
I beat you to it (see post #54).
blah, apologies. Too many webforms. My mind needs mroe RAM to keep up.
Old 12/6/07, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Based on comments made by Fourcam and others, the "revised" modular engine will not share many components with the current engine so a CGI block is not out of the question
Old 12/6/07, 06:38 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
Based on comments made by Fourcam and others, the "revised" modular engine will not share many components with the current engine so a CGI block is not out of the question
Makes sense since the 4.6 - 3V mod motor doesn't share very many parts with earlier mod motors.
Old 12/6/07, 07:02 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

The V6 will become the 3.7L Duratec, which will have at least 275 HP.

This means the GT V8 model will have to get a substantial HP bump both for competitive reasons and to give a reasonable HP differential between the V6 and GT.

I'd expect:
V6 - 3.7 Duratec 275 HP
GT - 5.0 - 3V 340 HP
Boss - 5.0 - 4V GT-500 heads 375 HP
Old 12/6/07, 07:53 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
the weakness in the mod motor has always been its small bore. the heads have been outflowing the block capability for a while.
Funny thing about that, if you go to a bigger bore you can reduce the size of the port and the valve and still end up with a higher flowing head if done right.
Old 12/7/07, 06:42 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't think we'll see a 3v at all for some reason.

Probably cheaper for them to built one engine, and then twinforce it.
(less configurations)
Old 12/7/07, 07:04 AM

Latest spy photos of the 2010 Mustang

Here is the link: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-mustang-future.html

and the photos:

I was expecting to see hints of hips which have been rumored.

We're still 2 years away from seeing production...
Old 12/7/07, 01:25 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

are we sure those are pics of the 2010? it looks like it could be the Mach 1. In other pics Ive seen it appears to have headlight splitters and that rear spoiler definitely looks like a Mach 1-esqu wing.
Old 12/7/07, 01:30 PM

notice how in this one the headlight splitter seems to stop where the headlight begins, kind of a revers of the original Machs:

and here this one looks like the fogs are still located in the upper grill:

looks like the GT500 front bumper too. Im really thinking that could be the Mach under there....did they get confirmation of what it was when they took pics or are they just guessing? Cuz from what Ive heard of what the 2010 looks like (from someone who has seen it) that doesnt look even close.
Old 12/7/07, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

All that darn camoflauge really makes it tough to see what it really looks like under there.
Old 12/7/07, 03:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by rrobello
looks like the GT500 front bumper too. Im really thinking that could be the Mach under there....did they get confirmation of what it was when they took pics or are they just guessing? Cuz from what Ive heard of what the 2010 looks like (from someone who has seen it) that doesnt look even close.
Well, the tail lights say this definately isn't a version of the existing S197 Mustang which means we are almost certainly looking at the 2010MY car.
Old 12/7/07, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
The Exterior
We will have HIPS, that much has been confirmed.
Also it is a more aggressive looking car. It still has a fake gascap/badge at the rear, well as our 3 vertical tail lamps.
The greenhouse will remain the same, every other panel will be changed.
Headlights/turn signals integrated.
Fogs in bumper (at least for one model)
No word on how different it will be compared to the current car, but sounds like its a bit more modern looking, but still keeps the design DNA and heritage of the mustang.

If/When the Mustang gets TwinForce under its bonet, the other exterior styling it will probably get is the side vent just after the wheel for venting the turbos. They will be functional.
Greenhouse looks the same.
3 very disguised (and at the moment, unappealing) vertical tail lamps.
Faux gas cap is still there.
REAR antenna.
Some type of spoiler, very Mach influenced
New side mirrors, quite nice looking.
Interior???
Rear fascia is different, it's curved like the spoiler and slopes down
Someone said they can see fogs in the bumper, I don't see them.
Definitely something going on with the front fascia. Tapered headlights, a little bit bolder looking, possibly GT500 bumper?

Where's the hips? The rear looks more like it has love handles. I think they mean hips, they imply a retro look. The back end looks a little too modern. I think Ford might be just putting padding to throw us off, they're probably laughing at us right now.

This looks like it could be a Mach, or the 2010MY in progress, because I want some **** hips. What about BOSS? I'm not familiar with the BOSS, I'm simply speculating. My guess is that this is either a 2010MY or S197 Mach 1, which has lots of new panels...really hard to tell!!
Old 12/7/07, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by jsaylor
Well, the tail lights say this definately isn't a version of the existing S197 Mustang which means we are almost certainly looking at the 2010MY car.
not necessarily. Ive seen taillights like that on previous cars theyve run around town all covered up. It could be that they need the taillights to have the white reverse on them in that manner since the rest of the rear is so covered up.

If those are the taillights, they suck!
Old 12/7/07, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by paradigm1220
Greenhouse looks the same.
3 very disguised (and at the moment, unappealing) vertical tail lamps.
Faux gas cap is still there.
REAR antenna.
Some type of spoiler, very Mach influenced
New side mirrors, quite nice looking.
Interior???
Rear fascia is different, it's curved like the spoiler and slopes down
Someone said they can see fogs in the bumper, I don't see them.
Definitely something going on with the front fascia. Tapered headlights, a little bit bolder looking, possibly GT500 bumper?

Where's the hips? The rear looks more like it has love handles. I think they mean hips, they imply a retro look. The back end looks a little too modern. I think Ford might be just putting padding to throw us off, they're probably laughing at us right now.

This looks like it could be a Mach, or the 2010MY in progress, because I want some **** hips. What about BOSS? I'm not familiar with the BOSS, I'm simply speculating. My guess is that this is either a 2010MY or S197 Mach 1, which has lots of new panels...really hard to tell!!
the fogs I mentioned in the uppergrill can be seen in this pic, look directly below the "gh" in copy right, looks to be a perfectly round but blacked out whole in the grill. which would mean that they created a grill with those openings to fit the GT500 bumper that they apparently put on the car:

there does seem to be a very small curve at the cpillar just after the handle but based on what Ford has said in the past about the hips I would imagine them to be more like the new Camaros or Challengers. In fact I recall reading that they came out and stated it will have hips early so that no one would think that they coppied the Camaro. I think it will look more like what we want and have stronger, more defined hips. The upper body line on the door seems to be more predominant then the current stangs as well. Of course they couldve just added some padding there to do that.

Im thinking it is most likely another SE or if 2010 then just testing front fascia and other small features. Not what the car will ultimately look like. This one definitely started as a current V6 IMO.

Quick Reply: 2010+ Info as far as we know