Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010+ Info as far as we know

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/07, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrobello
It could be that they need the taillights to have the white reverse on them in that manner since the rest of the rear is so covered up.
Good point. But the sideview mirrors being completely different, and the unique wheels are V6 narrow and certainly not destined for a Mach-1, conspire to make it seem as though this is a mule for the 2010.
Old 12/7/07, 09:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those 17" rims look like modern interpretations of the V6 16"ers on the current model...

Old 12/7/07, 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the fogs I mentioned in the uppergrill can be seen in this pic, look directly below the "gh" in copy right, looks to be a perfectly round but blacked out whole in the grill. which would mean that they created a grill with those openings to fit the GT500 bumper that they apparently put on the car
Okay I see now, and I agree.

Of course they couldve just added some padding there to do that.
Yeah like seriously, Ford is probably having a good laugh about this right now. Could it be just a joke to them, to try and throw us off? I really hope the 2010 is what we all hope it'll be...
Old 12/7/07, 11:34 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I seriously think this is either something to completely throw everyone off or testing for the next SE....especially after what I was told tonight.
Old 12/7/07, 11:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
here's my rendering based on the latest shots...
Old 12/8/07, 04:36 AM

first off I would like to give credit where credit is due so if anyone know whos it was that originally created these pics please speak up, I believe I originally found them on here, but as you can see I have changed them a bit to illustrate some of the key points the 2010 may have. Thanks.

assuming that these spy shots are of the 2010 and not a SE I created a couple of photoshops based on these photos, what weve had confirmed/strongly reliable rumors of the 2010 and what Ive been told by someone who has actually seen the car in person of what the 2010 might look like.

There are two because I couldnt get the hood bulge exactly right so I did one with and one without. Although now after speaking to that person again after showing them these I dont think its on the right track at all...I guess only time will tell.

Old 12/8/07, 04:45 AM

here is the original just in case someone is wondering:

Old 12/8/07, 07:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Here's one more idea with the turn signals in the headlight bucket too...
Old 12/8/07, 04:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ford wouldn't spend the money to outfit a Mach1 with that many cosmetic changes (considering it'd be a 1 year SE, not 2)

All the money is going into the redesign.

All of the changes indicate this is infact the 2010 mule
Old 12/8/07, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ITS NOT A GT500 BUMPER...THERE ARE NO LOWER FOGS.

THERE ARE NO FOGS IN THE GRILLE EITHER. ATTACHED I
SHOW THE EYE TRICKERY THAT IS JUST THE SHAPE OF THE GRILLE OPENING
Attached Thumbnails 2010+ Info as far as we know-6-mustang-spied.jpg  
Old 12/8/07, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
Ford wouldn't spend the money to outfit a Mach1 with that many cosmetic changes (considering it'd be a 1 year SE, not 2)

All the money is going into the redesign.

All of the changes indicate this is infact the 2010 mule
but it doesnt look like a redesign, especially not as much of a redesign as everything so far has led us to expect, it looks like all they did was change the bumpers and possibly the hood and that is completely expected for an SE, especially the Mach since the Boss was a Mach the idea would be that if they redid both that they would be very similar with power and slight styling changes therefore a bumper change would be run at least 2 yrs. It makes sense.
Old 12/9/07, 10:24 AM
I Have No Life

Your x-ray vision amazes me

its the 010
Old 12/9/07, 10:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GTJOHN
I don't expect a new engine in the Mustang until 2012. Ford and the media continue to talk about new 4 Bangers & GDI V6's. I think Ford will milk the 4.6L & 5.4L as long as possible. Unless a new small V8 is pushed into the F150.
My friend within Ford tells me that the all new V8 (Boss/Hurricane) which debuts in the F-150 has been pushed back to job 2 for 2009 (approximately Dec 08 or Jan 09), which means Mustang would not get its version of the motor for a special edition model until late 09 at the earliest (which is the 2010 model year). So, we'll continue to see mod motors for at least another 1.5 years of production - maybe longer.
Old 12/9/07, 11:05 AM
I Have No Life

The BOSS going into the F150 is not going into the mustang for now (the 6.2)
If it does infact go in, and is replacing the GT500s 5.4, delay doesn't really matter as yet, the motor is good for up to 600 anyway

As for the GT, the 4.6 will eventually go the way of the dodo...
I'm more curious to see when the 5.0 will be completed (2010MY or 2011MY)
Old 12/9/07, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
Your x-ray vision amazes me

its the 010
its not a matter of xray vision its just logic, would you agree that the car in these spy pics looks 90% similar to what we currently have? and from what weve had confirmed/rumored + what Ive been told by a reliable source the 2010 looks nothing like the current one, if at most maybe 10% similar.
Old 12/9/07, 01:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's my take, for what's it's worth.

You guys may have more "inside info" so it's worth bearing in mind my view comes only from what I've read on various forums.

I don't expect to see massive changes for the '10 model year. This car is, afterall, a facelifted S197. New front and rear ends. The camo'd mule in the photos seems to back this up. Clearly there are changes to the front that seem to imply it's inspired by the GT500. So, new front bumper/grille/lights. It's tough to call if the turn signals are built into the main headlight (rrbello - your red photoshops look cool, although I'm not 100% sold on that look). The shots of the left hand side back up the theory, but the right side looks like the split gill is on the outside of the lamp unit (think '70 look). Weird, that's the approach of styling bucks, not testbed cars. Could just be a trick of the camo.

The rear clearly has new light units, although I'm surpised Ford would add in clear/white sections and break a 40 year habit

The sides of the car are too well padded to see if there are any big metalwork changes here, so there may be some subtle hips in there somewhere.

The test car would also appear to be a V6. Surely the Mach1 SE would be a V8, so why use a six in the test car? Also, would Ford really cold weather test an SE?

So what am I saying? I guess I find it hard to believe Ford would go to these lengths for an SE, so for me this has to be the '10.

I reckon the looks that inspired the Camaro (or was it coincedence?) will be reserved for the all new next gen Falcon based car, due 2012/3. That car, I'd expect, will be more radical looking and possible sport a new glass house ('69/'70 inspired).

Guess we'll all find out within the next 18/24 mths. But the wait's gonna kill me

What we really need are more spyshots!
Old 12/9/07, 02:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
The test car would also appear to be a V6. Surely the Mach1 SE would be a V8, so why use a six in the test car? Also, would Ford really cold weather test an SE?
Why would Ford not cold weather test an SE? Especially if it has any different powertrain options, you gotta know if it is gonna work in the cold right?
Old 12/9/07, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Alright guys,

Am I the only one who is moderately confused what Ford exactly means to do as far the "facelift" is concerned? A facelift to me is a couple new panels, most likey new front/rear end. Is the 2010MY the new Mustang or is it just a facelift to keep it competitive until 2012?? It seems to me that Ford should get on a solid 5 year lifespan of models, and once that model has had its 5 years, the new one comes out. I know I'm just freaking out because I'm excited from all the possibilities, and I want the next Stang to be exactly what we have in our minds. I just want answers...
Old 12/9/07, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

It's definately a 2010, the rear lights don't have white in between them, it's clear spots that are still entirely inside of the red parts, you can see in the close up if you look closely, they're probably reverse lights. Then, they moved the antenna and there are definately some hips, and new mirrors. The front is definately inspired by the GT500, I just can't figure out where the fogs are, if it is a V6 then they may not have fogs on it. The rims look like 17's, if so, it wouldn't be an SE, especially since as someone else pointed out, they look a lot like the current generation V6 wheels. I say 2010 mule for sure...
Old 12/9/07, 07:41 PM
I Have No Life

its not a matter of xray vision its just logic, would you agree that the car in these spy pics looks 90% similar to what we currently have? and from what weve had confirmed/rumored + what Ive been told by a reliable source the 2010 looks nothing like the current one, if at most maybe 10% similar.
Ok, it is the 2010...

Would I agree 90%?
no because all I see is a different front end and rear and interior
+ for the sake of testing, EVEN if the other panels were the same or the test car is using current panels for the time being.... does not mean they won't change.

Remember the last 'spy shots' were only just front end being tested and the rest of the panels the same.

they don't HAVE to use all the new panels
(especially since this is the same platform/chassis)

Quick Reply: 2010+ Info as far as we know