SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

2001 Bullitt #3006

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/07, 05:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I can appreciate your parents having concerns about the costs. Rather than sell them both, perhaps it would be possible to sell your Mustang II and keep the Bullitt (or the reverse if that is your preference).

It seems to me that if you were able to get this far (2 Mustangs) from a financial point of view, there should be a way to reduce costs while retaining one of the vehicles.

I suspect that the thoughts of the costs of the accident repairs and your college expenses have had a traumatizing effect on your mother, regardless of what she said about being too expensive. It is a lot to absorb, especially since you are getting ready to leave for school.

I hope that you might be able to influence your parents to reconsider the decision to sell BOTH cars.

Good luck and let us know more.
Old 8/14/07, 08:35 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh no. Please talk your parents out of selling both stangs.
Old 8/14/07, 01:24 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
That's terrible! I hope it turns around!
Old 8/14/07, 02:45 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Miserable though it is guys, I've accepted it as something thats going to happen. I hate it, terribly. In fact this might have been the worst 24 hour period of my life thus far, but it could have been worse.

I recognize I could have killed myself that night, and all the things that really matter to me would not have been something I could enjoy anymore. I was lucky that the girl i love most was AT my friends house and she came to the scene of the wreck immideately. That moment REALLY made me think some. And ive continued doing that thinking ting all the way since. I probably sound insane and cliche, but its an eye opener for sure.

I'm pretty glad it wasnt worse, and as terribly hard as this is, for a kid who has spent more than half of the last decade of his life obsessing over mustangs, I have to let them go. But never fear, I have a plan.

Once I move in to stockton and start going to school, I'm going to look for something part time to earn some extra cash. For transportation (I feel coming home for visiting friends and family is very important and I dont want to rely on my parents for rides to/from school) I may get myself an M license and a cheap reliable bike. doesnt have to be fast or flashy. has to run well.

Once I have that, I'll pay for my own insurance and all, because I know my parents are against motorcycles. Any extra cash I have will be saved for the Mustang Fund part deaux. I'm going to save for a few years and formulate a plan. I understand what its like to own project cars now, and I'm going to plan this out right and save so i can DO it right. I'm going to build the Mustang of my dreams.

The only thing for sure on my nex mustang is airbags. I know I didnt need them thihs time, but I've realized that I could. I guess you could say this is my moment of realizing im not an invincible teenager. I suppose all of you had one of these moments at one point as well.

The only part of my future mustang that I know for sure is that it will be a manual, and that it's going to use the rubbery fake wood **** that first came on my II. I know the IIs an auto now, but I've still got that ****...

*sigh*
Old 8/14/07, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats horrible man. Im sure that the Stangs will go to a good home.
Old 8/14/07, 05:40 PM

I know of an extremely cheap 95 5speed... No, not my car. Mines a 94, and you can't have Kara.

It's red though. Meh, not my cup of tea but for 2600 it ain't all that bad.

Good to see you today btw. We are going to take the two of those cars out before they are sold. You can hold me to it.
Old 8/14/07, 08:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24

For transportation (I feel coming home for visiting friends and family is very important and I dont want to rely on my parents for rides to/from school) I may get myself an M license and a cheap reliable bike. doesnt have to be fast or flashy. has to run well.
Not to be too morose, but a bike would expose you a much higher injury risk than a car!

I understand that this situation is something between your parents and you. I also understand that there is a high likelihood that the outcome you mention will come to pass. I am hoping that you will have some moments of peace and sanity over the next couple of weeks, especially with the start of college.

Hang in there, man - hoping for the best for ya!
Old 8/14/07, 11:09 PM
Post *****

Peace and sanity? Ain't had those in years.

I know the motorcycle idea does'nt sit well with most. My best friend has begged me not to get one because shes scared. Fair enough, but the fact that she questioned my driving based on my "track record" (this, aside from the roll on a hill is my only acccident WTF) ****es me off. She also told her MOM i want a motorcycle, and i asked her why, and she said bec she knew her mom would bring it up ith me.

I was feeling reasonably good all things considered until THAT happened. But I'm just *****ing now, best left off the forums.

BTW peter, that '69 mach keychain is yours. If I don't make it down there to get it to you, ill mail or you can pick it up.
Old 8/15/07, 12:59 PM

Thanks bro. I forgot the shift **** too... Do you have any idea how long you'll have the cars for? "/
Old 8/15/07, 01:08 PM
Post *****

the bullitt will be for sale as soon as its fixed, so however long that takes. the II? dunnno, havent made an ad for it yet.
Old 8/15/07, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are you wanting for the Bullitt?
Old 8/15/07, 04:18 PM
Post *****

Idon't know yet.probably around what we payed. I'll checkwhen i get home
Old 8/18/07, 12:35 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whew, just got "all caught up" and... sorry to hear about your recent events - FWIW, don't think you should show the tat to your parents - yet. Wait 'till this blows over and you start showing them the good grades, LOL probably make it a little easier.
Old 8/18/07, 05:07 AM
Post *****

It won't make too much difference though now (But I'm not showing tham anyway)

I just, after coming home at 3am, had a long discussion and finally explained to them i dont beleive in hinduism. I've never, in amm ly ****ups in life, have seen my parents, especially my father, so dissapointed. I don't blame them, it must be terribly hard to see their son become a religious failure.

But i tried to esplain to them that this isnt just a spur of the moment changing overnight thing. i told them how ive been debating this for years, and i have. they wanted me to be more open with them, and i was. I told them the concept of religion makes no sense to me

I'm sorry if anoyne finds this offensive. I'm totally completely not trying to say my way is the only way. my way is just that, my way. i think everyone should beleive whatever they want, whatever fullfills them, and religion does not fullfill me.

its late, im ranting. sorry everyone for an overly emotional post. I've been fearing telling my parents this for, like i said, a few years. I was shaking as i told them, and im not ashamed to admit it.

life is ****ing... urgh sometimes
Old 8/18/07, 11:12 AM

Congrats Arin.
Old 8/19/07, 04:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
believe it or not arin its not the end of the world. thats the one great thing about mustangs. they will always be around. do the school thing, get that under your belt. if they let you keep the car its great. if not once school is done, insurance will be cheaper you'll save all that money and be able to get a better job making more money to buy mods and an even better car.

as for the accident. welcome to the wonderful handling of stock mustangs! : ) and insurance for you on a motorcycle will be higher than your mustang just b/c of the risk.
Old 8/19/07, 02:09 PM
Post *****

I was looking at a few bikes on craigslist, from the late 90s, and all of the ones i was interested in (I'm looking for pretty much any non-streetbike) were significantly less than the insurance on the Bullitt was.

I jiust have to buy a bike that isnt performance oriented is all.

And I have gotten the fact that its not the end of the world, I'm just ****y bec this past week has been about as ****ty as it can get.
Old 8/19/07, 02:32 PM

Uhhh, you saw me. We burned out in a II in front of a Ferrari dealership after we talked smack about all of the cars there (except the MC12 and the CS)

How could it have really been that bad?

oo and you scared the **** outta me in the II. haha
Old 8/19/07, 02:37 PM
Post *****

We didnt burn out lol. I didn't tell you, but that car's tires chirp ALL the time.

and of course I scared the **** out of you in the II. there is not a soul on this earth who has been in that car that isnt afraid after the drive
Old 8/20/07, 09:36 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i wanna ride in the II!

Quick Reply: 2001 Bullitt #3006