SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

2001 Bullitt #3006

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/07, 11:27 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the thing at the top is a Jack in the Box 49er Helmet. I got it before I had a car, and the II never had an antenna so.... lol

The "flag" says University of the Pacific, which is where I will be in about 2 weeks
Old 8/7/07, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by future9er24

The "flag" says University of the Pacific, which is where I will be in about 2 weeks
Thats awesome. What is your major? Im starting Middle Tennessee in three weeks.
Old 8/7/07, 02:12 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver99v6
Thats awesome. What is your major? Im starting Middle Tennessee in three weeks.

Arin will be majoring in Fluff Communications (aka bull****ting)
Old 8/7/07, 02:18 PM
Post *****

Majoring in Mechanica Enginnering and Minoring in Greek and Roman Classics, or Latin. We'll see how it goes.

I know, kind of odd for an engineering student to care so much about Latin. You'd probably have a heart attack if I told you I enjoy writing too

Oh and Scott, I already have my PhD in Fluff Communications. As my part time job at Pacific, I'm going to be the professor of that class :P
Old 8/7/07, 02:22 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by future9er24
Oh and Scott, I already have my PhD in Fluff Communications. As my part time job at Pacific, I'm going to be the professor of that class :P
I see I taught you well.
Old 8/7/07, 02:56 PM
Post *****

I'll dedicate my first textbook to ya
Old 8/7/07, 03:15 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Arins CT has not been changed. Is that still in order?
Old 8/7/07, 03:20 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Im giving him a repreive for the time being on the covers. He redeemed himself with the Pieces of Jesus chop so well that I am gonna let him at least come to his senses first.
Old 8/7/07, 03:33 PM
Post *****

The covers are staying Scott, no two ways about it :P

Oh and any more mods are on hold for the time being. Most of what I had deemed as "mod fund" is now going to help pay for that new laptop.. as well as my new shottie lol.
Old 8/7/07, 03:38 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

shottie?
Old 8/7/07, 03:40 PM
Post *****

Yeah, I've taken to shooting as another hobbie. I havent done anything aside from the local ranges, shooting their pump action 12 gauges and .22s. I have an M44 carbine that I've been planning on taking sometime soon, and yesterday I bought an IAC side by side 12 gauge.

Yet another expensive hobbie of mine
Old 8/9/07, 10:39 AM
Post *****

How does this happen?

Kaylee got herself another booboo

This time, whilst parked. Cammy's mom scraped the left rear fender as she pulled out of their very-tightly-packed-behind-house-thats-on-a-mountain driveway.

The "flat" part (that would be perpendicular to the ground) is a bit scuffed and there is a small dent on the curved part of the fender, I didn't even notice there was a dent initially. I did notice the paint scratch tho

She told me to get it fixed and give her the bill, so I'm not worried about that at all. Just. bleargh.

She seemed more upset about it than I did though.
Old 8/9/07, 10:53 AM

Dude it's a sign. Get with Cammy or bad things will happen...

And btw... you are the only person alive who calls a shotgun a shotty.
Old 8/9/07, 11:05 AM
Post *****

I am not. Die.

And on that first part... well... is all there is to say lol. I wont have to worry about the driveway anymore tho. She's moving out on her own soon.
Old 8/9/07, 12:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cntchds
And btw... you are the only person alive who calls a shotgun a shotty.
I think he's right...
Old 8/9/07, 12:02 PM
Post *****

Old 8/9/07, 12:38 PM
Post *****

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shotty
Old 8/13/07, 11:40 AM
Post *****

****!
It happened... I got into an accident in the Bullitt

I got into a fight with a cliff and the cliff won. Before you go worrying to much, I was at the bottom of he cliff and the car "hit" the side. Heres the story:

I went out to my friends house to watch the meteor shower last night. I intended to stay until the wee hours of the morn and start back when it was kinda light again. My friend lives in La Honda, all the way up in the mountains and the route to her is full of windy roads. For illumination purposes I had already taken off those headlight covers everyone seems to loathe.

My mom wants me to be home by midnight (actually she wanted earlier, but thats an entirely different story) So As we're all out laying on the porch looking up, someone gets a text message and I remeber my curfew. Checked my phone, its 12:10. My the time all the other cars have moved around so I can get out, its about 12:20.

You all need to know that my mother is my greatest fear. Sheyells at me for just about everything and is generally unpleasant. I'm pretty sure I was speeding a bit to get home and get in the least amount of rouble possible.

So the accident. I'm going around a turn I'm not familiar with (I've been to this friends house ONCE before) and I go into it too fast, I try turning and its not turning hard enough. I didnt break the rear loose, so there was no spinning out, but I ended up running into the cliff.

Its kind of odd here. There was no real impact. The bottom of the bumper on the Driver side is kinda messed up, but thats because the car's left side drove up onto the cliff while the passenger side went down, into the ditch (ithere was a ditch where one would normally in a city have sidewalk. Its a very un urban area..)

Airbags went off, but like I said I don't think its from an impact, its from the elevation of the drives side of the car. I couldnt open my door, it kept hitting the cliff. I tried the passenger door, same ****, only with the road. So I rolled down the pasenger window and crawled out. Later in the night an officer would ask me if I "Dukes of Hazzard"ed it. Well I did.

I'm up in te mountains. I have almost NO cell phone reception. The car behind me pulls over. Its a family going home late. The father was very friendly and was already trying to see if I was alright before I was even out of the car. I triedrather frantically to call people. I first called my Cammy, since she was at our friends house watching the shower as well, since I knew she'd get there fast. (I had been driving all of 1 or 2 miunutes when this happened) I then tried 911, which worked but every time the serviece went out mid call and they kept calling me back. It ook a few tries but eventually they were able to find out where I am. There is ONE intersecion up there, hard to find where I am if you're not me

I also called my parents o let them know. My moms first reaction was yellin "ARIN!" not in the oh my od are you okay manner, but more of how she says it if I were to say a vulgar joke infront of good company. Thanks mom. She said my dad was on his way.

Otherdrivers stopped to see if I was alright. Eventually my frinds got there. I was shaking but not from the cold, and having them there was quite possibly the ebst feeling I could have had then.

My dad and the police evnetually got there too, and what amazes me is they drove my car out of the position it was in. Ever the optomist I made a 4wheeling joke. Still, there were scraping noises and rubbing noises, but I'm pretty sure the latter is from tire hitting plastic in the inner fender, bec some of that stuff came loose. One of my tires was dismounted and the left side of my bumper is mildly mangled.

I took out a few essentials from the car and they towed it to a towing facility with a body shop and everything. Everyone was telling me the damage wasn't too bad, mostly cosmetic, but I still have to have a good mechanic lookit over to be sure

In the end I was fine, no injures aside from minor scrapes and I'm a bit shaken. Staying off the road for a bit.

*sigh* Now I can be forever referred to as the dumb 18 year old that crashed his Bullitt. I avoid racing, I try and drive safe and something like THIS gets me. God ****it.

Yeah well, thats that. Dad and I are gonna go get the car from the towing place today, they probably charge storage fees.

Old 8/13/07, 11:49 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wow, glad you are alright.

I'm suprised you hit that hard your airbag went off.

Hopefully the bullitt will be back in good shape soon.
Old 8/13/07, 11:51 AM

Did they repair the bumper or was that just saying that they have a body shop? Glad to know you're alright Arin. Take care.

Quick Reply: 2001 Bullitt #3006