05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

TRUFIBER HOODS for Those with GT500 front Fascia!

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/08, 07:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=G.T;1085545]
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I just ordered the washer relocators from Ford. Did you see Jeff's (RCFGT500) thread on it? They are actually nozzles from the rear wiper on a 2000 explorer I think. His write up was very helpful. The part number is F87Z17603AA. If you haven't seen his thread you need to check it out.

i don't recognize F87Z17603AA being a Ford part number..
are you sure that's all there is to it?
do i need to order anything else?
Louie, Go to RCFGT500's thread about this....he posted the link. He explains it all. That is a legit Ford part number. I used it to order mine. They came in, I just haven't gone to the dealership to pick them up yet.
Old 1/13/08, 10:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 1/13/08, 11:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Jeff, car looks great except for those heat extractor vents.....I just can't get past them. Sorry, but to me they just don't look right.
Old 1/13/08, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Jeff, car looks great except for those heat extractor vents.....I just can't get past them. Sorry, but to me they just don't look right.

I agree with that, and I also add a few complaints:

1. The bridge between the nostrils is too thick

2. The scoop starts a little too far back on the hood

3. The edges on the sides of the scoop are too smooth (like Trufiber GTS-2 hood)

I considered this hood a while ago but if I remember right ti was like $900...and for that kind of money I want it perfect.
Old 1/13/08, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Guytonius
I agree with that, and I also add a few complaints:

1. The bridge between the nostrils is too thick

2. The scoop starts a little too far back on the hood

3. The edges on the sides of the scoop are too smooth (like Trufiber GTS-2 hood)

I considered this hood a while ago but if I remember right ti was like $900...and for that kind of money I want it perfect.
Funny you mention those three, because those are actually the three reasons why I like the RCF hood over the Trufiber.
Old 1/13/08, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

To each their own..........This is a good thing though......how boring would it be if we all had the same hood. I love the variety here. I just personally think the Trufiber hood is perfect for my car.

Dave, I also agree with your three points about the RCF hood.
Old 1/13/08, 04:57 PM
GT Member

You guys kill me, maybe you should start an aftermarket company and put all your great ideas to work. Then everyone can use the same products and all the Mustangs can look alike.

Let the hood thing go, If you like a certain hood better than another thats cool with me but move on, expand your horizons a bit.

The thread is about GT500 fascias and thats the reason for the post, the car has one on it along with some new 1/4 window and side scoops.
Old 1/13/08, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

For the record Jeff, your RCF hood is on my short list. I'm still going back and forth between the RCF hood and the OEM GT500 hood. Guess I'm just waiting for the best deal to strike me.
Old 1/13/08, 05:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Larmo
For the record Jeff, your RCF hood is on my short list. I'm still going back and forth between the RCF hood and the OEM GT500 hood. Guess I'm just waiting for the best deal to strike me.
Larmo, is this for the black GT in your signature ?
Old 1/13/08, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RCFGT500
Larmo, is this for the black GT in your signature ?
Yes. GT500 front conversion kit on its way as we speak. I'd like to minimize the time with a stock GT hood as I really don't like the lines.
Old 1/13/08, 06:53 PM
GT Member

You guys kill me, maybe you should start an aftermarket company and put all your great ideas to work. Then everyone can use the same products and all the Mustangs can look alike.

Let the hood thing go, If you like a certain hood better than another thats cool with me but move on, expand your horizons a bit.

The thread is about GT500 fascias and thats the reason for the post, the car has one on it along with some new 1/4 window and side scoops.
No, this thread was started by Phil at Trufiber to introduce the KR hood copy that everyone was dying to get. Check the first page and keep the smart comments to yourself.
Old 1/13/08, 07:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

This thread is about GT500 front fascias, but it was started by a vendor (Trufiber) advertising their hood and providing us with something your company wouldn't. You hijacked his thread advertising your hood. As far as expanding our horizions........I did. I had an opportunity to purchase your hood and didn't. I "expanded my horizions" by helping Trufiber with research and develpoment and bought their hood.

I stated above that I like variety and hope you sell some hoods. I wouldn't want everyone having the same hood I do.
Old 1/13/08, 08:56 PM

Jeff your hood isn't for everyone and many people know exactly what they want and are going to get it. Many of these people have been doing what they can to get what SAI won't make and what your hood simply isn't. I like many others talked to you about things we didn't like about your hood and you clearly take it personal that we don't like your hood. It's simply a matter of opinion. Hell make the hood I want and I'll buy it from you. But as I stated prior your hood is in the $800 to $900 price range and Cervini's who is one of the top aftermarket hood producers is in the game at around $500. So, speaking completely for myself, your design isn't the one I want and your pricing is too high. Make a hood I want and I might be willing to pay more for it. At this point you haven't. I know Robbie very well and I know that if he is going to put something on his car it's going to be top notch so I'd say Trufiber makes a great product. I've heard of many people liking your hood as well. Just get over it. You don't hear Jay from JLT on hear upset cause someone bought a C&L intake instead of one of his.
Old 1/13/08, 08:59 PM

On another note Jeff it looks like you've produced a nice looking set of side scoops so I'd be interested in you starting another thread show casing those cause they might be the one's that I'd like to see on my car.
Old 1/17/08, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Hate to be a little off-topic but we are raffling a Trufiber hood of winner's choice on the Bumblebee cruise, even the Venom hood will be available!
Looks very hot!
Old 1/18/08, 12:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by G.T
some more

Hey Louie

Do you mind describing the process and products you used to do this? I get the basic idea but I'd like to hear how you did it.
Old 1/18/08, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Rob & Louie, I actually talked to Phil about the mesh drill in the ram air portion. They are very wek , almost like thin wires. I have several dents now and one pc. already broke off trying to be straightened. Phil said that most people will not want the mesh there anyway and made it like this for ease of removal. Being the way they are, the black I painted on them are chipping off and I think my next project is to carefully remove them. Maybe I can put the Knight Rider lights in there. LOL
Old 1/18/08, 10:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Rob & Louie, I actually talked to Phil about the mesh drill in the ram air portion. They are very wek , almost like thin wires. I have several dents now and one pc. already broke off trying to be straightened. Phil said that most people will not want the mesh there anyway and made it like this for ease of removal. Being the way they are, the black I painted on them are chipping off and I think my next project is to carefully remove them. Maybe I can put the Knight Rider lights in there. LOL

Mellow,
(By the way I am superdave84 too) I read your complaints about the mesh and I have been looking for a black plastic replacement. I think I have decided to buy 2 of these and cut them and put them in the holes. They are from a civic but they are all I could find large enough to fill the holes. All the other stuff I found was really cheap and not stiff enough.

Old 1/18/08, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Phil told me the same thing about the mesh. Mine were sloghtly dented upon delivery, but I straightened them out with a pair of needlenose pliers. I guarantee a small bug at 45 mph will dent the hell out of the mesh. Dave, let me know how that civic mesh works out. I'm sure there is some sort of mesh plastic used in some sort of industry that could be cut down. I really need to figure out what I'm going to do before I have my hood painted.

Have you all really looked close at the way the mesh is glued in the venom hood. It's just stuck on with some sort of epoxy. Cutting the mesh out would be easy, but I'm wondering how someone would get all of the epoxy off so that the new mesh would have a good flat surface to re-glue to. Would someone use a dremel tool or what. Any ideas??????
Old 1/18/08, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone got a GT500 hood from Bruno yet????

Quick Reply: TRUFIBER HOODS for Those with GT500 front Fascia!