05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

TRUFIBER HOODS for Those with GT500 front Fascia!

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/07, 02:18 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well that prototype certainly looks more like the SS hood.. especially given the angles of the sides of the scoop in comparison to the headlights.

you can see the difference compared to this: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...4&d=1190827236

anyway mine shipped out on Thursday.. and i'm hoping to have it here by the 2nd of Jan... can't wait!!

Rob.. can you share some of the pics phil had sent you?
Old 12/29/07, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G.T
well that prototype certainly looks more like the SS hood.. especially given the angles of the sides of the scoop in comparison to the headlights.

you can see the difference compared to this: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...4&d=1190827236

anyway mine shipped out on Thursday.. and i'm hoping to have it here by the 2nd of Jan... can't wait!!

Rob.. can you share some of the pics phil had sent you?
It's my understanding that the hood on the black car is the exact hood that ended up on the yellow car. Maybe it's the lighting? Here's another photo. They look the same to me.

Old 1/1/08, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I placed an order on 12/24 for this hood from BMC and have followed up with several emails. So far, not even an order acknowledgement nor response to any email. Hope they are just behind or offline due to the holidays. I guss I will need to give them a call later in the week and shake things up a bit. Really do think they should have responded by now. Not looking good.
Old 1/1/08, 08:02 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jcthorne
Well I placed an order on 12/24 for this hood from BMC and have followed up with several emails. So far, not even an order acknowledgement nor response to any email. Hope they are just behind or offline due to the holidays. I guss I will need to give them a call later in the week and shake things up a bit. Really do think they should have responded by now. Not looking good.
i really hope it all works out for you buddy.. keep in mind that barely any work gets done during the last week of December.
it's certainly worth it that you call them tomorrow and follow up.

this brings up my last question for you again (from earlier in this thread)
why did you order from BMC and not from Phil/TruFiber directly?

all it took to sort out my international order with him was one call!
Old 1/1/08, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Some companies shut down for the holidays. I have not been to work since Dec 20. I'd definitely call on Jan 2 because most companies that shut down reopen on that day.

Now, call me lazy but I've scrolled through page after page of this thread and still can't find the absolute information I'm looking for. Would someone be so kind as to answer the following questions?

The hood on the yellow car looks just like the KR hood for the GT500 front fascia. Is this the Tru Fiber hood or someone else? I've heard this hood is called Venom??? Or are there two hoods, one for the GT front fascia and another for the GT500?

I've seen pics of various styles on this thread. I've seen ones with wide center "bridge" and one (yellow car) with a very narrow center "bridge". What does the final product look like?

Who to order from? Company names, links, contact info, etc. would be extremely helpful. I cannot find Tru Fiber's website and BMR is a metal fabricator????
Old 1/1/08, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by G.T
i really hope it all works out for you buddy.. keep in mind that barely any work gets done during the last week of December.
it's certainly worth it that you call them tomorrow and follow up.

this brings up my last question for you again (from earlier in this thread)
why did you order from BMC and not from Phil/TruFiber directly?

all it took to sort out my international order with him was one call!
I guess I should have called each of the companies directly. BMC was posted earlier in this thread as the location to preorder this hood and that Trufiber would not be selling/shipping directly but through thier distributers.

Some direct and to the point posts from both the manufacture and BMC here would be helpful. Guess I will have to start making phone calls on Wed to track down who got my $1000 and where my hood is. This is a very poor way of doing business to be sure. In the end, I'll come out ok as Paypal and my CC will protect the funds sent but really would just like my hood and some feedback from both Trufiber and thier distributer BMC.
Old 1/1/08, 09:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Willie
Some companies shut down for the holidays. I have not been to work since Dec 20. I'd definitely call on Jan 2 because most companies that shut down reopen on that day.

Now, call me lazy but I've scrolled through page after page of this thread and still can't find the absolute information I'm looking for. Would someone be so kind as to answer the following questions?

The hood on the yellow car looks just like the KR hood for the GT500 front fascia. Is this the Tru Fiber hood or someone else? I've heard this hood is called Venom??? Or are there two hoods, one for the GT front fascia and another for the GT500?

I've seen pics of various styles on this thread. I've seen ones with wide center "bridge" and one (yellow car) with a very narrow center "bridge". What does the final product look like?

Who to order from? Company names, links, contact info, etc. would be extremely helpful. I cannot find Tru Fiber's website and BMR is a metal fabricator????
1. The hood on the yellow car, and the black car with the unpainted hood in earlier pages of this thread, is the "Venom" hood made by Trufiber. It is a "copy" of the GT500KR hood, although the rear of the hood is a bit different and the heat extractors are a little larger. This hood works ONLY with the GT500 front bumper.

2. The hood on the yellow car is exactly what your hood will look like. The ones with the wider bridge are the Trufiber GTS hood, and the similar but smoother Trufiber GTS-2 hood. Cervinis also makes something close but they no longer have the heat extracting vents on top of the hood. The GTS and GTS-2 are made for the stock GT or V6 bumpers, although if you have a GT500 bumper it will work...just the lines won't line up.

3. Not sure on this one.

NOTE: A GT500 bumper has the pillars next to the headlights sloping in more, and the stock GT and V6 bumpers have the pillars more or less vertical. To make the lines match up, GT500 hoods narrow more at the front. Because of this, if you try to put a GT500 hood on a GT or V6 bumper, the pillars will be in the way and the hood will not close. If you do the opposite, however, and put a stock hood on a GT500 bumper, the pillars will clear.

GT500 bumper + GT500 hood YES!
GT500 bumper + stock hood YES!

GT/V6 bumper + GT500 hood NO!
Old 1/1/08, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info Dave.

The hood on the yellow car, and the black car with the unpainted hood in earlier pages of this thread, is the "Venom" hood made by Trufiber.

This is the hood I'm contemplating but I can't find any other info on it, such as where to purchase, cost, etc. Believe me, I've searched..... I also tried Stage 3 Motorsports and they don't list it on their site.

WAIT, I just found it:

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.com/gt500_venom.html

Willie
Old 1/1/08, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

really would just like my hood and some feedback from both Trufiber and thier distributer BMC

+1
Old 1/1/08, 12:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Go to the first post on this thread started by Phil at Trufiber. In his signature is a liknk to their site and also their business phone number. I've called it many times and he has answered me every time. Their website is a good site with lots of pics. Hope this helped answer question #3 Willie.

My hood will be here on Friday hopefully. I'll post pics as soon as I can. The pics Phil sent me of the final hood are way to big. I can't get them to post here. If you all will send me your emails in a pm I'll send them that way.
Old 1/1/08, 01:15 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I'll post pics as soon as I can. The pics Phil sent me of the final hood are way to big. I can't get them to post here. If you all will send me your emails in a pm I'll send them that way.
my hood is at the airport here as we speak.. i should pick it up tomorrow
email them to "my name (check under the avatar) @ iihs.net" and i'll resize and post them up here for everyone to see :good:
Old 1/1/08, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

How do I get ahold of KC about the GT500 front fascia?
Old 1/1/08, 07:16 PM

Now if only they'd make the SS hood and make it cheaper than what Shelby sells it for.
Old 1/1/08, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bored out
yeah, same here!!
Old 1/1/08, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered mine November 21st so I hope to get mine very soon
Old 1/1/08, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

The fastest and most efficient way is to call him:

http://www.clevengerford.com/main.htm

He's usually there between 8:30 - 4:30 pm PST. Tell him I sent you and he'll certainly hang up on you !!

Willie
Old 1/1/08, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks!
Old 1/2/08, 09:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Willie has the pics, hopefully he can reduce them and get em on here.

FYI..............When you all see the pics you will notice the gap between the fender and the hood isn't very uniform. It's smaller near the front than it is toward the rear. Phil told me this is due to the test car having an aftermarket (non-ford) front fender. After the pics were taken and sent to me, they test fitted the hood on a Mustang with stock, factory ford fenders and he said the fittment was much better.

Mine should be here Friday or maybe Monday. I'll post up pics asap of the hood on my car. Hopefully there will be no issues with the fit.
Old 1/2/08, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ok Willie sent me the pics in a reduced size, here goes:
Old 1/2/08, 09:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Still aren't workin......Willie can you try........sorry guys.

Quick Reply: TRUFIBER HOODS for Those with GT500 front Fascia!