Originally Posted by pittperson
torch red
+1.

<just a cheap excuse to bump the thread>
Old 3/16/07, 05:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by YALLER
And you are not sitting in jail right now???

I'm not sure why I'd be sitting in Jail , he came across two other lanes of traffic and into my lane and hit me in the side. He's the one who got a ticket for failure to yield right of way ...
Old 3/16/07, 05:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Marcello , I took it to the collision center at Maroone Ford , they're a large and reputable dealer ship and are supposed to do good work. They haven't really had time to inspect it yet , so I don't know for sure if there was any frame damage or not. Just looking at it , they said that they thought it was repairable. I am worried about that though ...
Old 3/16/07, 06:10 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maroone is a big player down south for sure - problem with these cars is that they are very good at protecting the occupants at the expense of being trashed when they take a hard shot. It's a trade-off that almost all modern vehicles have, and while good for people, it's bad for the cars. Given all the parts that deform in a hard impact, the cost of repair quickly exceeds the vehicle's value, especially when the labor to repair it is thrown in there. It's not that it can't be repaired, just that it gets too expensive to bother.

As to the jail comments, what was meant was that if the wreck didn't kill you, then you probably would be in jail for killing the other driver who caused it... hence you'd be in jail for murder 1. Although given our new "no retreat" law and the fact that a van could be a deadly weapon...
Old 3/16/07, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
I'm not sure why I'd be sitting in Jail , he came across two other lanes of traffic and into my lane and hit me in the side. He's the one who got a ticket for failure to yield right of way ...
For assault and battery on a moron who cant drive, and must be blind if he couldn't see that bright and b-e-a-utiful yellow mustang. Wasn't saying you were at fault, sorry could have made that clearer
Old 3/16/07, 07:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Marcello , I took it to the collision center at Maroone Ford , they're a large and reputable dealer ship and are supposed to do good work. They haven't really had time to inspect it yet , so I don't know for sure if there was any frame damage or not. Just looking at it , they said that they thought it was repairable. I am worried about that though ...
I would fight for a complete total and get a new car, mine is $12,000 in damage before they tear into it, estimator says figure 3 to 6K more damage once they get the parts off. I am fighting with the other Ins. co. now for a total on my car. Did your airbags go off?

BTW the 08's can be ordered on April 16 for July delevery!
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-mom-dad-004.jpg  
Old 3/16/07, 08:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

YALLER , I get it now and yes I could've be put in jail for my thoughts ...

Dougxox , I see you feel my pain ... Nope the air bags didn't go off , I guess since it was a side impact. If it's totaled , I'm not sure if I would only get the value of the car before all the mods I've done or not. We both have State Farm , which is the only good thing about this , so I don't have another insurance company to deal with. If it were on my policy , they would probably say I was paying insurance on a 28K car and not a 48K car and that's all I get. Since it's on his policy , I don't know ...
Old 3/16/07, 08:12 AM
Cobra R Member

yah get it totalled, but tell them you want all your modifications off the car, if necessary put the old items back on. I hope you have gap insurance as well. Unless you have gap insurance on the car they may try to only give you what the bluebook says etc. Good luck with that thou, that really sucks.
Old 3/16/07, 12:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
As to the jail comments, what was meant was that if the wreck didn't kill you, then you probably would be in jail for killing the other driver who caused it... hence you'd be in jail for murder 1.
Actually, to be murder 1 it would have to be premeditated. Most countries allow conditions that "affect the balance of the mind" to be regarded as mitigating circumstances. This means that a person may be found guilty of "manslaughter" on the basis of "diminished responsibility" rather than murder, if it can be proved that the killer was suffering from a condition that affected their judgment at the time such as the trauma of having some idiot cross two lanes of traffic and destroy his Mustang.

Nope the air bags didn't go off , I guess since it was a side impact.
Do you not have side impact airbags?

It amazes me the number of these cars that I have seen that have taken hard impacts from all angles and the airbags not discharged.

Sorry about the crash man. That truly sucks.
Old 3/16/07, 02:00 PM
V6 Member

Installed mine last night and I'm lovin' them! I'm not very mechanical - the thought of ripping out my interior and sawing out the window was kinda daunting - and the install was relatively easy even for me... once I figured out how to get the wire thru the urethane seal, that is. Although, as someone mentioned in an earlier post, it is VERY helpful to have a second person helping saw once ya get to the back part of the quarter window. I'm 6'2" and it was still a tough reach for me. (I'd post a pic, but we've already seen HP White)
Old 3/16/07, 02:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The airbag discharged on the valet driving my car,
But now......
Old 3/16/07, 03:02 PM
V6 Member

ummm..... I changed my mind.

P.S. Can anyone photoshop a rear blackout panel on the last pic? I'm kinda curious if it would work with the blue stripes or not.
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-louvers-3.16-001.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-louvers-3.16-002.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-louvers-3.16-003.jpg  
Old 3/16/07, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet!

Now if only Vista Blue was shipping (hint hint)
Old 3/16/07, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Finally got mine installed today....
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_0386.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_0388.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_0389.jpg  
Old 3/16/07, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Sweet!

Now if only Vista Blue was shipping (hint hint)

I feel your pain.
Old 3/16/07, 04:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Onirb
I feel your pain.
Me too. Mine are in my painter's hands now.
Old 3/16/07, 06:14 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Vista Blue should start shipping Monday-Tuesday. We got some others in, including a couple more torch reds, the first 3 redfires, etc.. but the quality issues still seem to knock out about 1 in 5 sets - We might have to adjust for this if it continues to be the scrap rate, as it wasn't accounted for in the original price. Not that it affects anyone already ordered, just looking down the road so we're not losing money on the painting. I saw the Vista Blue first run this morning, they looked really nice but the masks had not been pulled yet. My favorite (even though I own white) is the Sonic Blue so far - all 5 sets painted were good, and the quality was awesome. Torch Red is a close second, man it is bright!!

Also...

We've found that a foam wheel or by hand using 3M Finesse-it finishing compound works great to clear up any hazing or overspray on the clear portions, restoring the original visibility of the Lexan to the parts. It's what we are using post-paint to clean up any imperfections caused by the static nature of the plastic during painting (it seems to attract dust like a magnet when fresh...)

Other than that, keep the pictures coming - looks like everyone (well everyone who has them) is happy, which in turn means we're happy. I am glad that no "hidden" issues came up that we weren't expecting, and so there will never be a need for a "Gen II" piece as it looks like the first one is what it was supposed to be
Old 3/16/07, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sure would love to know where I am on the list for black ones... sigh

-danny
Old 3/16/07, 06:49 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by mymojo
ummm..... I changed my mind.

P.S. Can anyone photoshop a rear blackout panel on the last pic? I'm kinda curious if it would work with the blue stripes or not.
Since you have the black wing and scoop, I'd say yes. While no photoshop expert, here's my quick and dirty of it for you - I couldn't get the perspective just right because I don't know how to shrink only one side of a layer...
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-louvers-203_16-20003.jpg  
Old 3/16/07, 06:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
I sure would love to know where I am on the list for black ones... sigh

-danny
On the short list - received 4 more sets today, I think there are only nine orders total left pending for black, so odds are almost 50/50 at this point that we'll get it in the next few days.

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass