Search this Thread

Old 3/21/07, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone with MG put these on yet?
Old 3/21/07, 07:57 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Install "set time" on 3M product is immediately. Others may vary, hence why we put that there - the 3M info is on our site.

Adhesion promoter / primer is available at most body / glass distribution shops, or direct from us - although we can't ship it internationally.

Reason you don't see more made from Lexan is it is insanely expensive compared to other plastics, and it's pretty hard on the tooling as well. A glass roof made from it wouldn't be a bad idea per se, but I don't want to go stepping on CDC's toes with that one.

That said, we might have uses for it down the road in other products - I like being able to park my truck on a plastic part and not even dent it. As a matter of fact, the one in that picture ended up going out as a demo piece to a dealer so they could see the overall design of the part prior to placing their first order... no waste here!!

Lynn was pre-occupied today with a sick 2 year old, so no calls went out - I expect that tomorrow around 12 EST she will get back to it, the pile is sitting right by her phone

I'm going to get back to it - I have a bunch of pre-painted ones that need inspecting and cleaning if you guys want to see them go out tomorrow! Oh, and the anodize shop FINALLY came through...manual bezels, cup holders, e-brake handles, oh my !! Need to inspect them, but should start shipping in the next day or two first to the backorders, then out to everyone else that wants one.
Old 3/21/07, 07:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cantwin1,

if you have any difficulties figuring it out go to shr site, and they have the full instructions, as well as sell the kit you need. That info your reading is if your trying to do them yourselves with your own stuff. Most are having them done by a window/body shop, doing it themselves with there own stuff, or using the supplied kit by them which in case you know your getting the right stuff. good luck

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/product_info.htm
Old 3/21/07, 08:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E Brake handles???
Old 3/21/07, 08:07 PM
Cobra R Member

yes I am in for an ebrake handle I am sure it is gorgeous if you made it marcello. Will it be available in all the finishes as I am trying to keep with the nice shiny chrome stuff.
Old 3/21/07, 08:13 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, we had a couple at FFW in Orlando, but just haven't had time to put the pricing info and stuff together for everyone.... there's this project I promised we'd get done before moving forward... had something to do with some windows or something
Old 3/21/07, 08:15 PM

Sodaman...

Yes, went and read back thru the instructions on SHR, it does state the exact primer to use. Thanks. Confusion came from the way the purchase page for the louvers shows the 'removal kit', then the 'adhesive', then the 'primer' which is not a clickable link. Sorta thought the 'adhesive' , 'promoter', 'one step primer' were all one item. Thought I was getting everything needed. Not a problem, just need to find the primer locally. It's late, but, like a kid at on Christmas.....wanted to play with my new toys!!!

Beautifull pruduct, will post pics when I get them on...preformance white.
Later
Old 3/21/07, 08:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Yeah, we had a couple at FFW in Orlando, but just haven't had time to put the pricing info and stuff together for everyone.... there's this project I promised we'd get done before moving forward... had something to do with some windows or something
LOL
Old 3/22/07, 04:46 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jayguy
Just had a thought. For those of you who have already gotten them, how do these compare to the stock glass weight-wise? Are they lighter, heavier, about the same? I was just thinking that if this part is tough enough to park a dually on, why not make more parts out of it? A Lexan roof would be nice, if it was lighter than the CDC Glassback. Of course, I'm sure development would be outrageously expensive, right Marcello?

Or a lexan hood, so we can show off our beautiful engine bays. Any other body parts we could do in lexan?

PS: still waiting on the call.
we make machine tool guard windows and inspection bench tops out of lexan...i bought tinted lexan for toolbox top 5 years ago, still looks good(scratches dont show in it like plexiglas)...great for bench surface as process sheets/etc can be put right there under it, and it lasts a looooong time. 1/4 inch sheet can be bent cold in a sheetmetal brake...neat stuff...one of the fab guys was complaining years ago about putting plastic windows in machine doors instead of that wire reinforced safety glass, so I gave him a scrap of lexan, invited him to break it...he brought it back with a dumbfounded look on his face- flattened to about 1/2 thickness(sledgehammered it) and no cracks- he was impressed. bad thing is it costs about 5 times what plexi does, but I havent seen a sheet of plexi come in for over 10 years- that was a mistake as a guy tried to shear it- shoulda seen the look on his face when it crumbled

these louvers are one of the first things Ive seen injection molded in clear besides fighter jet canopies...most cellphone/pager bodies are molded in opaque versions of the same stuff- pretty darn tough even at 1/16" thick.
Old 3/22/07, 07:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
[...]I expect that tomorrow around 12 EST she will get back to it, the pile is sitting right by her phone
I'll have my phone strapped to my head all day...
Old 3/22/07, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got my louvers in yesterday and I'm really impressed with them . I did all the grunt work myself , but when it comes to gooey stuff in tubes , I learned long ago that I can only be trusted with toothpaste . Keeping that in mind I had a local Apple Autoglass cement them in . As soon as I can I will try to post some pictures , it's raining outside at the present.
Old 3/22/07, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 Gray GT
Anyone with MG put these on yet?
I talk to Marcello yesterday and paid for my pre paint option, urethane, primer and of course a sequential kit while i was spoiling myself...lol!
He said we should all be taken care of by the end of the week, and that MG were the fewest orders, 2, to be exact! That must mean you and I.
I personally want him to take his time witth these orders and give us a perfect product that we and he will be proud of , rather than rushing things to market like some of these manufactures do, and then having all kinds of problems
Old 3/22/07, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

His Products Are First Rate< Have No Fear!
Old 3/22/07, 06:10 PM

MG, I hope that means <<<<<<<<<<<<<MINERAL GREY>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I must be the other one......oh yea can't wait
Old 3/22/07, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

<sigh> Don't think I'll have them on by first car show 3/31... to bad.
Old 3/22/07, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

mine got shipped today and cant wait for them to arrive

thanks Marcello
Old 3/22/07, 06:33 PM
Cobra R Member

no call yet, still waiting, hope I get the call tommorrow. I too am biting at the teeth for a call.
Old 3/22/07, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

>>He said we should all be taken care of by the end of the week, and that MG were the fewest orders, 2, to be exact! That must mean you and I.<<

Originally Posted by 64ford
MG, I hope that means <<<<<<<<<<<<<MINERAL GREY>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I must be the other one......oh yea can't wait
I have not ordered a set yet but am thinking about it. The only thing is that it seems to be hard to match the MINERAL GREY. A lot of the folks I have seen with mods that are painted MG look to be a little dark.

Marcello this statement was not a slam at you or your work as I have not seen your work in person.
Old 3/22/07, 11:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sodaman
no call yet, still waiting, hope I get the call tommorrow. I too am biting at the teeth for a call.
I think Marcello lost your number....LOL

Just kidding
Old 3/23/07, 08:11 AM
Bullitt Member

My Tungsten louvers are getting installed today! I'm going out of town for the weekend though, so I might not be able to post pictures until Sunday. Woo hoo!

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass