Search this Thread

Old 3/14/07, 05:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
You could paint the rest of the car
Old 3/14/07, 10:18 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys - the order got all jumbled when we re-organized it with painting, otherwise everyone would have had them shipped in order placed. Not trying to play favorites, it just happened that way, and I can either spend time looking at order dates and numbers, or I can spend time calling people and checking the painter's work....this all was because we didn't originally have the paint option on the website, and so as everyone e-mailed in their requests, we were pulling the orders and adding the emails to them, then placing them in a spearate file from the unpainted sets.

That said, he's knocking out about 5 sets a day, and the new bottleneck is us getting through the day-to-day orders and then also calling our customers as we get the colors in and checked out to ship them. While he calls and says xx sets of black are ready, when I inspect them it turns into x-y sets actually can go - so I don't call until we have them in hand. Given our average though of 5-6 sets a day that we're doing right now, it should just be another week or so until everyone, yes EVERYONE is taken care of. I know he shot redfire today, and more black (#1 color) and he actually will be doing Screaming yellow shortly. The only colors that are down on the list are the rare ones (at least ordered rare) - satin silver, mineral grey, legend lime, off the top of my head.

In addition to everyone that's already gotten theirs shipped or recieved a call that they are going, we have the following ready to go tomorrow:

2 Windveil
5 Perf. White
4 Sonic Blue
2 Tungsten
1 Black

Finally, of course, the box supplier (who gets us our packing supplies other than our bubble wrap that we make) was late in getting us the protective foam wraps - those who have received painted louvers see that we're doing them in 36x24" of foam wrap, followed by bubble wrap, and then bubble wrap on both ends to protect against jarring impacts on the ends - basically doing everything we can to make sure they arrive safely.

So, that all said, it's midnight, and we're still working New DSL lines get put in Friday which will help starting next week, but two more days of satellite and dial-up for order processing and shipment processing... always adds to the fun.
Old 3/14/07, 10:22 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Marcello, I'm not sure if I already asked this question (and if I did, I apologize). Since I am painting the louvers to match my car, is it necessary to paint the inside part where the sealant would be black in color? Thanks for the info.
Not on the inside, but like Redfire stated, I'd paint the outside with a coat of black primer first. Otherwise, you're going to be looking through the color going out, and it won't look right.

The area where the sealer goes should get "primed" with a primer / adhesion promoter specially made to work with the urethane. 3M one-step is what we will be carrying, and there are others available that will work well with the Lexan / Urethane interface. Glass shops also will have this stuff, because new glass needs to be primed the same way - anyone who has already pulled their glass will be able to see the primer strip laid down right near the urethane on the backside of the glass.
Old 3/14/07, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmon sonic blue

crossin my fingers here
Old 3/15/07, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

torch red
Old 3/15/07, 09:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Since mine got put into the shop yesterday for a little ding I thought you might feel sorry for me and get a set of screaming yellow out so they can get installed while it's in the shop
Old 3/15/07, 09:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

OUCH!!! Good to see your OK. What the heck happened??? a train??
Old 3/15/07, 09:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

****! a little ding is right! How in the world did that happen?
Old 3/15/07, 10:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The van in the back ground is what happened. He turned across two other lanes of traffic going my direction in an attempt to get into the home depot. I was unfortunate enough to be in front of the entrance and he T-Boned me. I'm proof that these cars take a side impact well ...
Old 3/15/07, 11:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That'll buff, won't it?

Glad you're ok man.
Old 3/15/07, 11:10 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Vista Blue? Anytime soon?
Old 3/15/07, 03:51 PM
Cobra Member

Mine arrived today...well packaged. I'll have pics up tomorrow.
Old 3/15/07, 03:54 PM
Cobra R Member

well since you have redfire pacettr, I would assume mine cant be far behind, please post pics when you can, take care.
Old 3/15/07, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
well since you have redfire pacettr, I would assume mine cant be far behind, please post pics when you can, take care.
Louvers are for wife's car (black) for a b-day present. Sorry to burst your bubble...
Old 3/15/07, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
Since mine got put into the shop yesterday for a little ding I thought you might feel sorry for me and get a set of screaming yellow out so they can get installed while it's in the shop

**** man, are you sure thats not gonna be totalled? It'll be close.
Old 3/15/07, 05:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
The van in the back ground is what happened. He turned across two other lanes of traffic going my direction in an attempt to get into the home depot. I was unfortunate enough to be in front of the entrance and he T-Boned me. I'm proof that these cars take a side impact well ...

And you are not sitting in jail right now???

Old 3/15/07, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are suppose to be very high rated saftey for collisions
Old 3/15/07, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry for the dleay folks...here's a couple pics of the (self) painted black louvers...

and some bonus pics of my interior...

Old 3/15/07, 11:08 PM
GT Member

Looks nice, if somone gets their Tungsten Set, please post pics! I get mine next week and can't wait.

Thanks
Old 3/16/07, 01:13 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Man, sorry to hear about the car - I can't believe they won't total that thing - she took a hell of a shot - the broken front suspension is going to have a ripple effect through the K-frame and everything else...

That said, I think yellow started today. I was there Thursday morning and he had more black and redfire in process, but not buffed out yet. I'll be back by there in a few hours (sleep, who needs it?) and see what he's got ready for today to ship out on Monday.

FWIW, white and sonic blue are now "in stock" for immediate shipment, and other colors will follow as we get everyone caught up. Not quite sure how that happened, but it did...

The black one looks nice, glad to see these are going in without any issues for everyone, rather than the horror stories we were "contemplating" about 30 pages ago!

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass