05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/06, 07:39 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally had time this afternoon with a helper (with leather gloves on ) to try straightening the bottom lip of the grill. It turned out as near perfect as I could have asked for. We used a couple thin pieces of aluminum angle clamped with the lip sandwiched between. A spray bottle with ice water handy, he kept pressure on the lip using the 'C' clamp as a handle, while I heated it with a heat gun (paint stripper gun) from the other side. As soon as the plastic started to melt, I sprayed it down with the ice water. The bottom lip is now as straight as the grill top and it's now a keeper for sure.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-grill-repairish-001.jpg   Center fog lights...-grill-repairish-003.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 5/12/06, 07:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check your mailbox, mine is on it's way for you to fix!
Old 5/12/06, 08:07 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Check your mailbox, mine is on it's way for you to fix!

I can see the shingle now, Have Lip ................
Will Straighten

Wild Stray
Old 5/12/06, 08:18 PM
FR500 Member

More than warpage. On the right side, both tabs are broke and bent back. On the left side, the upper tab is completely missing. What's odd is the missing tab is not laying loose in the box. That leaves me to believe that the damage happened prior to shipping.

On a side note. The warpage wasn't that bad and would have been easy to fix. Damm third world labor....

Here's some pics...[/quote]

Wow, it's amazing what one of those lil UPS trucks can do if it's driven back and forth five or six times over a small package. I thought they won their last two labor disputes..............didn't anybody notify them?
Old 5/13/06, 12:11 AM
FR500 Member

Oh, bye the way, my friend removed the leather gloves to help me with the second half of teh grill.

We will hold services on Sunday morning!
Old 5/13/06, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I tried a trial fit this morning. I found it generally fit poorly .If I got the centre two tabs in the bottom and one of the outside tabs in ;the fourth tab didn't want to fit.The two tabs on either end went in okay ,but the grille in general didn't fit well. There were warped areas at each side where it met the bumper and also under the lights themselves. The ends by the headlight buckets were'nt a great match either. When I tried the fog lights, they did not sit right up to the front as they do in the stock bezels. It also seemed like I was wrestling to get it in or out,the stock unit slides in and out with very little effort and it fits like it belongs. The center fog is a good look but I won't install anything on my car or elsewhere that I'm not satisfied with. I hope they will accept it back and send me one when it is right!
Old 5/13/06, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Further regarding the grille: on the inside of the light buckets is some information----1) part number v8 tsb fr 8001
2) KSR----The manufacturer or importer(located in New Jersey)
3)KSR's Phone number 1/800/445/4540
I phoned and the phone was answered by a fellow who said the man to speak with about the grilles was one of the owners Nelson Rodger. May be he has a solution to the short comings in this grille.Perhaps he needs some calls from concerned consumers ??
If not I think we should send them all back and request a refund or a replacement.
Old 5/13/06, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

The name of the company is K S Reproductions and they do a great number of mustang parts. They have a web site and an email address. If you got your grille shipped to you as I did, it was shipped by K S R.
I ordered the reproduction tri bar emblems which were shipped with the grille.
email ksr@ksiautoparts.com website www.ksreproduction.com
Mine was ordered through energizer racing parts
Old 5/13/06, 01:50 PM
Cobra Member

So KSR is going to take returns on parts ordered from energizer off of ebay? Please keep us posted. Mine was drop shipped direct from KSR also.
Old 5/13/06, 01:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Karrnutt, thats not a bad idea for all of us, who paid with our hard-earned money for this grill only to get them warped, to email this company up, and ask what can be done about it. To me the warped bottom parts aren't too bad on mine, though totally noticable. I have already said that if another one comes to market, and looks the same, with the distance of the lights the same, I'll get it. If this company is willing to help out the early customers who got bad merchandise, it would say alot to this company's customer service. Is anyone up for emailing the company? Remember, we shouldn't have to work on this item (i.e, heat and reshape) once we got it. It should have been okay from the get go.
Old 5/13/06, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have already sent my email today to KSR and just checked energizer racing parts on ebay,going back into"my ebay" section . It states that Butch will not accept any returns and the item was sold as is. I wish I had seen that first!! I think a pile of emails and, or phone calls to KSR to register our disappointment with the product would give us a chance to receive a refund or an exchange for the improved product when it is produced.
Old 5/13/06, 02:52 PM
FR500 Member

After straightening the lip out, mine installed fairly easy and looks great, IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-centerlight-grill-001.jpg   Center fog lights...-centerlight-grill-002.jpg   Center fog lights...-centerlight-grill-003.jpg  
Old 5/13/06, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah,but how does it look out of the shadows and closer up?
Old 5/13/06, 05:34 PM
FR500 Member

Would seem to me that you could have used your zoom if you doubted the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-centerlight-grill-005.jpg  
Old 5/13/06, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, it looks like you did a nice job! The contrast between the grille and lighter coloured finishes , however, makes any warping or missalignment show up like a sore thumb.
Old 5/13/06, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dang wildstray it looks like yours came out pretty darn good!! I really hope a better version of this grill comes out....I really like the spacing on this one!
Old 5/13/06, 09:16 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Dang wildstray it looks like yours came out pretty darn good!! I really hope a better version of this grill comes out....I really like the spacing on this one!
Thanx, it turned out as good as the OEM that was on the car. It wasn't difficult with two people to do, but I wouldn't try it by myself. The second I saw tiny bubbles, I removed the heat and sprayed the area with ice water (within a second or two). Total time involved was about 40 minutes including getting everything set up. In my experience, none of these rubbery/plastic things are ever delivered perfect. Either they are slightly bent up or they are damaged in transit.

Paul
Old 5/14/06, 03:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

More shots of it on a black stang ppplease
Old 5/14/06, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

I see that Blue Oval Ind. and Laurel Mt.Mustangs are also offering this grille but it is off 50 Resto's ad. It looks good in the bl.o. ad, but it is the same advertising copy that Resto used. The picture in Laurel's is easy to see that the bottom is warped. All of the sellers I've seen are somewhere within a reasonable distance of the east coast and New Jersey. They must therefore becoming from the same supplier KSR .Since those of us who purchased them now realize that we received a second rate product I think we should be feeling quite angry. The only seller so far to show any integrity is Resto because they removed the item from their site because they recognized they were not up to snuff . You have to wonder about the supplier and the other retailers who have put these up for sale despite knowing that they were not as advertised . The grilles are not an easy slide into place oem style piece . THEY ARE SECOND RATE AND WE ,IN OUR HONEST DESIRE TO PERSONALIZE OUR MUSTANGS HAVE BEEN FOOLED AND CHEATED ! I HOPE THERE ARE ENOUGH OF US OUT THERE WHO ARE ANGRY AND DISAPPOINTED ENOUGH TO LET THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THIS SECOND RATE PRODUCT KNOW HOW YOU FEEL! IF WE STICK TOGETHER ON THIS WE MAY BE ABLE TO GET OUR MONEY BACK OR FINALLY RECEIVE THE FIRST RATE PRODUCT WE WERE PROMISED IN THE ADVERTISEMENTS WE READ ! Since owning my 05 I have bought from many sources I have heard about through Brad's Forums and this is the first time I have received a shoddy item in return for my honestly earned money. How about you ? I know I have been yammering on about this grille for what seems like forever. But I am truly let down by the long wait and poor product. Most of us on this site are very passionate about our stangs and have been taken advantage off by those who know we spend a lot of money on our hobby. Nuff said by me...
Old 5/14/06, 11:27 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Lokius
More shots of it on a black stang ppplease

I'll get a couple of better pics this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-filler-010.jpg