Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/06, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mean returning them now,
Old 5/16/06, 09:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm still waiting to hear back from UPS on my damage claim. My son (autobody man) feels that he can plastic weld the clips and mold a new one. We won't touch it until we hear from UPS though.

Nelson - Thank you for your high business ethic! It's quite refreshing to see a manufacturer that backs his products!

Butch - You were just caught in the middle. I don't think that any of us think anything other than that.
Old 5/17/06, 06:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Butch, its Jeff from the Ford dealership in Lansdale.I'm totally cool with keeping my grill (assuming your okay withi it, and KSR is backing you), until a new one is available for me to get in exchange.

Nelson, your a stand up person, and to back your product like this, you don't see that in business anymore. You have made customers for life on this site. Way to go.
Old 5/17/06, 06:42 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I plan on returning mine once the new ones are out. For some reason this one just doesn't fit the way it should. Well here is a gawd-awful pic of my car. My new cell phone (work) has a built in camera but it is garbage.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-dsc00006.jpg  
Old 5/17/06, 03:51 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
I plan on returning mine once the new ones are out. For some reason this one just doesn't fit the way it should. Well here is a gawd-awful pic of my car. My new cell phone (work) has a built in camera but it is garbage.

I think it looks great, considering the pic quality. It lines up nicely with the stripes and looks like it belongs there.

Paul
Old 5/17/06, 04:48 PM
V6 Member

Here are the spots where I had conflicts with the new centered locations of the fogs.
I took my Dremel Tool in hand and cut the notches. The Tool did a good straight job of cutting and I then filed the edges and painted the bare metal to avoid rust later.
The notches had to be cut for both fogs exactly opposite of where I have shown in the front view.
The depth was about 3/8" - 1/2".
It's an early '05. I had the first one delivered in the southeast region. Not sure of the build date. Maybe later they changed that cross member so it doesn't dip down at the conflict point on mine.(?)
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-frame-cuts.jpg   Center fog lights...-conflict-01.jpg   Center fog lights...-conflict-02.jpg  
Old 5/17/06, 04:57 PM
Retired Tms Staff

yup that is exactly where mine hit and where I had to notch the metal. Looks like it could be an early 05 issue. Been like that with a lot of things I have ordered that didn't fit my car but fit later models. Go figure.
Old 5/17/06, 04:58 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by wild stray
I think it looks great, considering the pic quality. It lines up nicely with the stripes and looks like it belongs there.

Paul
Thanks Paul. I had gotten the measurements of the fog placement for this grille back in January. The stripes were painted on and narrower than before so the fog lights would be centered in the stripes
Old 5/17/06, 05:46 PM
V6 Member

yup that is exactly where mine hit and where I had to notch the metal. Looks like it could be an early 05 issue. Been like that with a lot of things I have ordered that didn't fit my car but fit later models. Go figure.
Aren't we the lucky ones?
I knew something was up because nobody was talking about any conflicts. I even came back to this thread to see if I had missed something.

I also want to commend Butch and KSR for their handling of this ordeal. Thanks to this forum too for all the help along the way. None of this would have been possible (at least for me) without you guys.
Old 5/17/06, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awe what the heck I ordered one from Blue Oval before they returned them all. I asked them to please be sure that none of tabs were broken off but I'm up for the challenge of straighting out the bottom. I'm on vacation next week and it will give me a project to work on besides the "honey do" list!
Old 5/18/06, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Paul. I had gotten the measurements of the fog placement for this grille back in January. The stripes were painted on and narrower than before so the fog lights would be centered in the stripes
That worked out just right....they look perfect.

I knew it was going to be an early 05 thing too...since yall were the only ones really talking about it.

GRAYPNY I am really on the fence...I want to do that too but then part of me wants to wit for the correct one. Darn UPS for messing mine up....
Old 5/18/06, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

It seems like the issue of clearance with the fog lights is an '05 thing. I didn't have a problem with my 2006. Just had to push the grill down a hair, to clear, and it fit good (other than the warps)
Old 5/18/06, 11:19 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
It seems like the issue of clearance with the fog lights is an '05 thing. I didn't have a problem with my 2006. Just had to push the grill down a hair, to clear, and it fit good (other than the warps)

I didn't have any clearance issues with my '05, delivered in late '04?????

Paul
Old 5/19/06, 06:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Paul, I just mentioned that it may be an '05 thing, as some on here, actually had to modify the front with a grinder to get the clearance.
Old 5/19/06, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I did mod the grille to relieve any pressure that might have occured due to pressing against the support. But without doing so it fit well.... just snug. I finished the fix on the warp and it looks great! Someone asked yesterday if I had a "Special Edition" since they had never seen that "look" on the new ones.
Old 5/19/06, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by nbk13nw
I did mod the grille to relieve any pressure that might have occured due to pressing against the support. But without doing so it fit well.... just snug. I finished the fix on the warp and it looks great! Someone asked yesterday if I had a "Special Edition" since they had never seen that "look" on the new ones.
That wont be the first one you get I bet! That just makes me hate ups even more right now. I should have kept it and tried to fix the tabs myself too
Old 5/19/06, 11:05 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Paul, I just mentioned that it may be an '05 thing, as some on here, actually had to modify the front with a grinder to get the clearance.
Yeah, I understand, but for all I know it could be a day of the week thing,
or some small diff in equipment like the extra alarm (which I have). Anyway, I doubt we'll ever know why some fit and some don't.

Hey, it might be Ford's idea of a lottery for Mustangers who mod their cars!

Paul
Old 5/19/06, 11:10 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
That wont be the first one you get I bet! That just makes me hate ups even more right now. I should have kept it and tried to fix the tabs myself too
The first afternoon I drove my car with the new grill, I passed a park and about six people were pointing at it. It was the only car on the street at the time.

I feel bad for you about the UPS thing. I know how I'd feel (and the UPS guy would feel), if the same thing happened to me.

Paul
Old 5/20/06, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

This post is making me hate UPS more and more. I got an e-mail from Bucth as he is waiting for UPS to return the grill to the manufacturer. UPS picked the grill up on Thursday last week and apparently its been everywhere in NJ but where its supposed to be. I could have just as easily drove it to the place as I live about 10 miles away but due to UPS and its incompetance I still have to wait to get this straightened out and I still dont have the grill. I wonder how much of this BS Butch has had to put up with UPS as well. I'm glad that he has been keeping me updated about the process though.

Right now I keep on having feelings about doing bad things to UPS for messing with that grill.
Old 5/20/06, 12:10 PM
Cobra Member

Got to fly home for the weekend and finally see mine in person. It is no different than anyone elses. Figure I will give the torch method a try.

Started off trying my interpretation of what everyone else was doing, clamping and heating. Tried this method on the passengers side and am not happy with the results. Plus I probably heated on the wrong side. I heated on the top up next to the honey comb. It roughed up the surface a little which I am not happy with. Plus it is still wavy.
On the drivers side, I used a piece of wood ( 1X2) about 8 inches or so long. Heated the under side of the grill and used the wood to push the warp out and held it there for about a minute until it completely cooled ( along with spraying water ). Drivers side came out much better than the passengers side. Wish I would have done the same method to both sides.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-picture.jpg