05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/06, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to echo adrenalin on the wiring. In a couple of different threads here about center lights it has been reported that you can make the wiring reach by unclipping it from the frame. Now where to actually do this at I do not know. I am going to have to wait until I fly back home and have the time to give it a look.

As for the grill being a PITA to remove. What part of it made it a PITA? I have read many posts from people that have removed their grills and all of them say that it basically pulls right out.

Looks good though. Hope you are happy with it. I personally dig it. The exact look I was wanting.
Old 5/9/06, 11:59 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The warpage looks like the grille is too long to fit properly. For some reason I can't see that leveling out :shock:
Old 5/9/06, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by hawgman
I am going to echo adrenalin on the wiring. In a couple of different threads here about center lights it has been reported that you can make the wiring reach by unclipping it from the frame. Now where to actually do this at I do not know. I am going to have to wait until I fly back home and have the time to give it a look.

As for the grill being a PITA to remove. What part of it made it a PITA? I have read many posts from people that have removed their grills and all of them say that it basically pulls right out.

Looks good though. Hope you are happy with it. I personally dig it. The exact look I was wanting.
Hey Hawgman, first, I tried to remove the wire by the clips, and it still didn't reach. Now, I only removed 3 clips, but the wires seem to be connected together for everything, so there is always tension when you give it a pull.

Second, the grill isn't as easy as it was to remove. There are 6 plastic fasteners on top, not an issue. The big thing was to get the 4 clips (2 on each side) that are on the grill itself to come through the front fascia. When you get them out, then there are 4 more on the botton attached to teh bumper. Not the easiest to come off, but with a little wiggling, it came off.

I too love the look. It's really mean looking now, more sinister. The fitment issues, aren't too big of a deal. From side to side, not a problem at all, perfect fit. Its just the bottom of the piece. At least for now, this will work. If another, nicer piece comes along, I'll snag it too.

To Bigfoot- I'll go out and snap a shot of the warped part I am talking about. Now it may be only on some and not all. Also I'll get a dead straight shot like you want. The stripes centered very well IMO. It looks really cool.

Stangnut- I had planned on using the Pony Package fender emblem, but it just looks too big. May have to go with what you recommended, the 94-98 piece. Thanks for the tip. Pics are coming soon.
Old 5/9/06, 12:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your car looks great with the new grille but I have learned owning this car that it isn't always a good thing to be the first to get a new product.
Old 5/9/06, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Here are some pics from mine.

I found no warpage... but I did notice that the fitment is very tight. Looks like the back of the fog mounts are right up against the support bars behind the grille. Overall I really like the fit and look as well.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-center-fogs-002.jpg   Center fog lights...-center-fogs-003.jpg   Center fog lights...-center-fogs-004.jpg  
Old 5/9/06, 01:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by nbk13nw
Here are some pics from mine.

I found no warpage... but I did notice that the fitment is very tight. Looks like the back of the fog mounts are right up against the support bars behind the grille. Overall I really like the fit and look as well.
It looks like the bottom of the grille doesn't fit very well where it meets the bumper cover?
Old 5/9/06, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the light "housings" are pushing the lower lip down. Could be because those housings are bigger than the grille itself on the stock one.

On a second look, it's seems to be just the opposite. The housings are holding the lip in place and the other sections are bending up.
Old 5/9/06, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
It looks like the bottom of the grille doesn't fit very well where it meets the bumper cover?
Hmmm... I jsut went out and looked again... I cannot see that now. Maybe since I took it for a test spin it has "settled" in a bit? Not sure... I will take some pics in a little while to show you the difference
Old 5/9/06, 01:18 PM
Retired Tms Staff

so far I see 2 different cars now with this grille installed and both show obvious signs of warpage along the bottom. As bad as I want a center fog light grille, I think I will hold off until I start seeing some pics where there is no warpage along the bottom

Then again, it could just be due to packaging and will settle out after being in the heat for a few days. I hope that is the case.

Still haven't heard back from Bruce about the order I placed with him
Old 5/9/06, 01:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

More pics below, to show how centered they are with my stripes. Now, the stripes on my car are 2" apart, and 10" wide. As you can see, they center very well.

The other pics are from each side, to show the warped part of the grill. Suprisingly, this doesn't bother me as much as I thought, once I put in on. Like I mentioned in a previous post, if a better fitting grill comes along, I'll get that to replace this one. For $130 (Have to pay PA sales tax, since he sells it here), its not bad looking. Let me konw what you think.

Adrenalin, Butch won't be back until Wednesday afternoon. I forget what he told me, but that is why he hasn't gotten back to you as of yet. I know this, as he told me that if he couldn't drop the grill off Monday I won't be able to pick it up till Wednesday evening.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-grill.jpg   Center fog lights...-grill3.jpg   Center fog lights...-grill2.jpg  
Old 5/9/06, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

This is where I got my tribar pony fender emblems ( the ones from a 64 ).
Might be able to find the size you are looking for there.
http://www.qualitymustang.com/classic4.html
Old 5/9/06, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahhhh man that looks so good!!!! Only think I no likey is the warped bottom as well. Time will tell if this is on all of them or if it will settle after time. I dont like it but I guess I can live with it. Lights look too good centered like that tho....not to close!

On a side note I am still getting one from 50's so I can see if they are both warped on the bottom like that. I wonder if a heat gun will help flatten that part out....I have one at home I might try when my gril comes in.

Thanks for the pics....im excited!
Old 5/9/06, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Took another look and they are a bit out on the bottom corners as with the others. I did notch the back end of the frame support for the fogs and now it slips right into pace with no effort at all. Still, I am happy with the look of the new grille and hopefully the heat will provide the additional fit for the warped parts.
Old 5/9/06, 03:13 PM

Orders & PRICING

Any Grilles Purchased From Me Must Be Bought Off Of Ebay!!!!!

Anyone Who Emailed Me About Buying< I Sent Link To Ebay Listing Or My Store.

Anyone With Those **** Spam Guards May Have Not Gotten My Reply!!!!

I Have Been Ordered By The Mfg To Change My Price.....and The Shipping Ends Up Costing More Than Orginally Figured.

So Don't Take Any Price Changes Out On Me.

Butch
Energizer Racing & Parts
Old 5/9/06, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by energizerracingparts
Any Grilles Purchased From Me Must Be Bought Off Of Ebay!!!!!

Anyone Who Emailed Me About Buying< I Sent Link To Ebay Listing Or My Store.

Anyone With Those **** Spam Guards May Have Not Gotten My Reply!!!!

I Have Been Ordered By The Mfg To Change My Price.....and The Shipping Ends Up Costing More Than Orginally Figured.

So Don't Take Any Price Changes Out On Me.

Butch
Energizer Racing & Parts
No sweat - I appreciate you coming on here and keeping us updated. I used the "buy it now" in your auction this morning. Thanks!!
Old 5/9/06, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
No sweat - I appreciate you coming on here and keeping us updated. I used the "buy it now" in your auction this morning. Thanks!!
I agree...keeping us updated is a good thing....that way no one can assume and blow things out of whack.

Im glad I got mine for the cheaper price tho
Old 5/9/06, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalin
so far I see 2 different cars now with this grille installed and both show obvious signs of warpage along the bottom. As bad as I want a center fog light grille, I think I will hold off until I start seeing some pics where there is no warpage along the bottom

Then again, it could just be due to packaging and will settle out after being in the heat for a few days. I hope that is the case.

Still haven't heard back from Bruce about the order I placed with him
I have tried to reply to everyone. please email me and tell me how you ordered.

BUTCH
Old 5/9/06, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any input on the slight warpage we are seeing? Is this from shipping and will it flaten out, or do you not really know?
Old 5/9/06, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahhh also the ones with the grill installed....you now MUST take pics at dusk/night with the lights on and also let us know if it lights up the road much differently.
Old 5/9/06, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Just got my Grill in. Trying to install it but cant get the old grill off. I took the plastic part off the top but how do I get the tabs off? I dont want to break the bumper. Do I need to take the whole bumper off to get the grill on the bottom?