05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/06, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure would be "convenient" if ER would email all the previous buyers and let them at least know a status, that he remembers we exist, has a record of who bought from him....little things like that.
Old 7/13/06, 12:35 AM

OK
LIKE I STATED BEFORE I WOULD POST WHEN I KNEW SOMETHING!!!!!

Nothing has changed I have not gotten any notice of replacement grilles!

Last I heard a sample had not been approved yet, as i have said from the begining its going to take a while.

I know who bought from me and I will address them when replacements are available.

I have been asking KSR weekly and have not gotten any better answers other than its in the works.

I will update when I get better information
Old 7/13/06, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by energizerracingparts
OK
Hey, no need to yell. Yelling at your customers is bad for customer service.
Old 7/13/06, 07:56 AM

Just go off the phone and it does seem like we should see grilles in late august. I will Post and email any of my customers about when I actually get the grilles. Then We will work out swapping out the grilles. I am also still waiting for the return procedure from KSR for return, when I get that I will follow what they are doing.

Butch
Old 7/13/06, 12:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

**** how long does it take for grill to be made in plastic? The first run was done 2-3 months ago and we have to wait another 3 months to get the corrected ones? They getting carved by hand by sweatshops in China?
Old 7/13/06, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Still can't figure out how to get my pictures posted...

Bigger problem still

I had pulled the warps out with a heat-gun, angle iron, clamps, etc.. I installed the grill and after 48 hours the warping has returned almost as bad as it was to begin with. Seems this plastic has Elephant-like memory.. I'm afraid if I get the plastic any hotter it will damage it.
I would like to return this back to Butch/KSR for a good replacement if I knew how..
Has anyone heard how we are supposed to handle this now?
Butch? KSR? You guys listening??

Thank you!!
The warp will return unless you cool it immediately after removing the heat. If cooled properly the plastic remembers the cooled position as the original.
Old 7/13/06, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the new version of this grill as they used me for a test bed. Let me tell you it really does look great. They changed the composition of the plastic inorder to make the grill without any warps and to prevent disoloring. They also are making a couple of small design changes inorder for it to fit right. So now they have to incorporate those changes and spool up production inorder to get it shipped out. I'm sure this will take time thus the wait till August. I dont think they want to rush out and let a new grill with problems hit the market. I really think this one is worth the wait. IMO it just looks a little better than the Street Scenes one.
Old 7/13/06, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

On this "new" one does it have the same texture as the stock one or is it still smooth like the warped one?
Old 7/13/06, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverGTvert
Hey Jeff, How did you get your fogs to work? Did you have to cut and splice the wire or did you have someone at your dealership make an extension? I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work without cutting but the stock plugs just arent long enough.
I cut my wires and extended them myself. Soldered the extensions together and use shrink-tubing over the solder joint to seal it.

I was hoping not to cut it, but I was too impatient to wait.
Old 7/13/06, 06:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by energizerracingparts
OK

Nothing has changed I have not gotten any notice of replacement grilles!

Last I heard a sample had not been approved yet, as i have said from the begining its going to take a while.

I know who bought from me and I will address them when replacements are available.

I have been asking KSR weekly and have not gotten any better answers other than its in the works.

I will update when I get better information
Gee, if that got you to yell wonder what you would do if I would have said something bad or unreasonable.
Old 7/13/06, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

OK.... I have a question for everyone running this grill and also running an aftermarket tempature gauge.

If you are using the stock temp gauge it does not apply because they read the same reguardless.

Has anyone noticed their car running warmer with this grill? My temps have increased, especially with the AC on. What I am wondering is if the grill being open all the way out to the sides might be a factor. The factory grill is blocked on each end, and that basically forces air through the radiator. This grill is open all the way to each side and lets air around the radiator instead of focusing the flow through the radiator. Or it could possibly be the fog light placement blocking air off of the radiator. Or a combination of the two.

Would like to hear from others.
Old 7/13/06, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hawgman
OK.... I have a question for everyone running this grill and also running an aftermarket tempature gauge.

If you are using the stock temp gauge it does not apply because they read the same reguardless.

Has anyone noticed their car running warmer with this grill? My temps have increased, especially with the AC on. What I am wondering is if the grill being open all the way out to the sides might be a factor. The factory grill is blocked on each end, and that basically forces air through the radiator. This grill is open all the way to each side and lets air around the radiator instead of focusing the flow through the radiator. Or it could possibly be the fog light placement blocking air off of the radiator. Or a combination of the two.

Would like to hear from others.
Its funny you say that. Now, I was one of the 1st to have the grill installed, and only recently have I felt the temperature of the car to be much hotter inside. Now, I really an not an A/C person. I always have the windows down, but the cabin of my car (especially where my legs are) feels hotter than normal, even though the temp gauge hasn't really moved compared to before.
Old 7/13/06, 06:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Waiting a year, car running hot, cutting metal, splicing wires, vendors yelling at us, delay, after delay, warped grills, plastic texture doesn't match stock, ah... **** it, I'm getting the Street Scenes grill.
Old 7/14/06, 11:02 PM
Cobra Member

Well, now technically I did not say it was overheating, I said it was running warm. I did try to seal off the front of the car between the headlights and the sides of the radiator today to see if it would make any difference. It made maybe 5 degrees difference. I am going to put the stock grill back on tomorrow and drive around ( since tomorrow is supposed to be 102 degrees like today was ) just to test and make sure that I am not chasing my tail with this.
Old 7/16/06, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hawgman
Well, now technically I did not say it was overheating, I said it was running warm. I did try to seal off the front of the car between the headlights and the sides of the radiator today to see if it would make any difference. It made maybe 5 degrees difference. I am going to put the stock grill back on tomorrow and drive around ( since tomorrow is supposed to be 102 degrees like today was ) just to test and make sure that I am not chasing my tail with this.
I would be interested to know if it makes a difference or not.

You should do it in the same day back to back to be exact....
Old 7/17/06, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nbk13nw
The warp will return unless you cool it immediately after removing the heat. If cooled properly the plastic remembers the cooled position as the original.
I sprayed with cold water after I did the deed with the heat gun and forms.. It was stone cold before I removed the clamps from the work.

Butch - Thanks for letting us know the status. I still get a lot of thumbs up regardless of the warpage.
Old 7/17/06, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

I have never tried sparying, I have always used a towel soaked in cold water. It could be that it cooled to slowly... it only takes a second or two for the plastic to reset.
Old 7/17/06, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nbk13nw
I have never tried sparying, I have always used a towel soaked in cold water. It could be that it cooled to slowly... it only takes a second or two for the plastic to reset.
Well - if I go the the trouble to do this again, I won't be using a towel - I'll wait until my wife is gone for a couple of hours and dunk the whole grill in a bathtub full of icewater!
Old 7/17/06, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll wait until my wife is gone for a couple of hours and dunk the whole grill in a bathtub full of icewater!

Hahahaha classic...I would o the same to avoid the WTF look
Old 7/17/06, 04:18 PM
FR500 Member

Well - if I go the the trouble to do this again, I won't be using a towel - I'll wait until my wife is gone for a couple of hours and dunk the whole grill in a bathtub full of icewater!
I used ice water in a sprayer that I kept in the freezer between uses.
As soon as you remove the heat, spray the liven hockey puck out of it!
Have the spray, or whatever your going to use, right next to you. If any time lapses, the cold will be worthless.

Paul