V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby V6?

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/05, 08:12 AM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in seeing an E/T as well, surprising as that may be. But, I will predict a 105-106 mph trap speed.

Btw, Why do you guys think it will be lighter than a stock sixer?
Old 11/8/05, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 8, 2005, 10:15 AM
I am interested in seeing an E/T as well, surprising as that may be. But, I will predict a 105-106 mph trap speed.

Btw, Why do you guys think it will be lighter than a stock sixer?

I don't think it will be lighter than a stock sixer, but it will be lighter than N/A 8's it may conend with...possibly. Just curious how much light is it compared to the CS8 for example and wondering if it is enough to make a difference in the E/T.
Old 11/8/05, 09:52 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 7, 2005, 10:08 PM
Hello AmyB!! Thanks for dropping by our home.. As you can see, we are ridiculously loyal to the V6.. The CS6 Shelby is our knight in Shinning Armour!
>> Loyal is a good thing, not everyone can have the 100K + cars, but always have the best you can
1.RWHP or Rear wheel Horspower
>> We have only done the fly wheel horsepower, but rear is usually 12-15% loss, industry standard

2.RWTQ or Rear wheel torque
> not yet, get them both together when we do rear dyno3.Type of rear-end 7.5 or 8.8 along with gear ratio (3.31) or (3.45)
>> we upgraded to the 8.8 you will have a choice of gears 3.55, 3.73 or 4.10
Also, this car is lighter then the v8, sorry if It sounded like the stock v6.
We will have more questions, but to start out, these few would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks for stopping by Amyb!
Thanks, nice to be here, looks like a great site

Amy
Old 11/8/05, 11:22 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by amyb@November 8, 2005, 8:55 AM

Amy

Thanks for the response AmyB! In regards to the rear-end, who's choice was it to upgrade to the 8.8, as opposed to upgrading the 7.5 with an aftermarket differential such as the Detroit True-Trac, and installing a girdle?

Upgrading the rear-end, was slightly counter-productive in terms of overall weight.. I believe you guys added some where on the order of 40Lbs.. This would make the car heavier than a standard V6.. Also, with the SC kit, we could be talking and additional 100lbs, when considering the intercooler as well..

This places the CS6, at the same level as a GT, with only 50HP.. What are you thoughs on this?

I am stunned by this, although I still like the car...But this does bring to mind the true motivation of going with the V6, if the advertised reason, is hidden behind the lighter weight of the car..

Actually AmyB, I am almost willing to bet, that a CS6 with Stage 1, plus Stage 2 kits, is about 200 to 300 pounds heavier than a Stock GT..

I am alittle Concerned AmyB.. These numbers wont mean anything, until the 1/4mile numbers come out for the car.. But looking at it on face value, along with the upgraded 8.8 rear-end, I dont know how mathimatically this car can be much more competitive than a Stock GT..

Everyone here knows I am die-hard V6.. But this 8.8 upgrade has thrown a monkey wrench into my thought process..
Old 11/8/05, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by MSP@November 8, 2005, 1:25 PM
Thanks for the response AmyB! In regards to the rear-end, who's choice was it to upgrade to the 8.8, as opposed to upgrading the 7.5 with an aftermarket differential such as the Detroit True-Trac, and installing a girdle?
>> it was a cost effective dicision. Time, labor, also, cleaner as far as warenty as well
Upgrading the rear-end, was slightly counter-productive in terms of overall weight.. I believe you guys added some where on the order of 40Lbs.. This would make the car heavier than a standard V6.. Also, with the SC kit, we could be talking and additional 100lbs, when considering the intercooler as well..

>> the v6 is over 200lbs lighter, the rear change adds less the 40lbs, Im told
This places the CS6, at the same level as a GT, with only 50HP.. What are you thoughs on this?

>>We have both cars here, the V6 is lighter still then the V8

I am stunned by this, although I still like the car...But this does bring to mind the true motivation of going with the V6, if the advertised reason, is hidden behind the lighter weight of the car..
>> the advertising reason, is, it's a Shelby. Lighter is just a a positive with everything else. The original 7.5 rear will not hold up over time if this car is raced or pushed, we could have left the original rear, but chose to make it a better car.
Actually AmyB, I am almost willing to bet, that a CS6 with Stage 1, plus Stage 2 kits, is about 200 to 300 pounds heavier than a Stock GT..
>> see above
I am alittle Concerned AmyB.. These numbers wont mean anything, until the 1/4mile numbers come out for the car.. But looking at it on face value, along with the upgraded 8.8 rear-end, I dont know how mathimatically this car can be much more competitive than a Stock GT..
>> we will be testing it soon, I will let you know when I have the final data
Everyone here knows I am die-hard V6.. But this 8.8 upgrade has thrown a monkey wrench into my thought process..
Old 11/8/05, 02:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 8, 2005, 2:25 PM

I don't see any problem with an 8.8". I'm thinking of doing this swap as well. For all the money I'd spend upgrading the 7.5", I might as well.

AmyB, where do you get the 8.8"s for an 05?
Old 11/8/05, 02:59 PM
MSP
Banned

Sounds good AmyB! This should be pretty interesting in regards to the track data..

I'll keep my 7.5" rear-end though.. There are plenty of ways to make it stronger.. LOL!
Old 11/8/05, 04:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 8, 2005, 5:02 PM
Sounds good AmyB! This should be pretty interesting in regards to the track data..

I'll keep my 7.5" rear-end though.. There are plenty of ways to make it stronger.. LOL!

me & you against the 8.8's??
Old 11/8/05, 05:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by amyb@November 8, 2005, 12:55 PM

Amy
Welcome! Hey, I read on another forum that Shelby is going to offer a CS6 upgrade package for existing V6 owners. Is this true? Any idea on the cost?
Old 11/8/05, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by Jimp@November 8, 2005, 7:54 PM
Welcome! Hey, I read on another forum that Shelby is going to offer a CS6 upgrade package for existing V6 owners. Is this true? Any idea on the cost?
All the info is on www.shelbyautos.com front page

Amy
Old 11/8/05, 06:44 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 8, 2005, 3:18 PM

LOL! I guess so.. Looks like we lost one our best with Jimp.. Looks like he may go the way of the 8.8! Its not like I'm trying to run 500RWHP.. Just give me alittle over 330RWHP, and I'm good.. Of course this will mean about 490Lb FT of TQ!..

But yeah, I'll stay 7.5 for awhile..

This is not to say that it was probably better for Shelby to go ahead and upgrade to the 8.8.. I mean, if Shelby is going to put his name on the car, then its out of the question to take a chance on a 7.5in rear-end.. I mean, lets face it, the car has more power, HP and TQ than a GT.. So Amyb is correct.. After further thought, 7.5's are for us to take a chance on.. We are not trying to protect a Shelby reputation..
Old 11/8/05, 07:06 PM
MSP
Banned

I have another suggestion for AmyB!This one is called the Shelby CS6-R

The Shelby CS6-R will consist of internal engine upgrades, and a Supercharger Boost level of 12-18PSI

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/PDF/SSM...CatalogVer2.pdf

In this PDF are the upgrades..

Stage 3 Shelby CS6-R upgrades are as follows..

1. Head Studs kit- $375

2. Stage 3 Super Heads- $1550

3. Crower Cobra Valve springs, retainers and seal set- $450

4. Custom Cams - $550

5. Forged Dished Wiseco Pistons- $725

6. 1 5/8th MAC Shorty Headers $289

Total= $3939.00

So lets say they add an additional $4000 to the price of the Stage 2 kit, calling it a Stage 3.. allowing for a boost increase of 12-18psi, putting roughly 450-500RWHP to the Shelby CS6-R...

Com'on AmyB! This is the big chance you have been waiting for! LOL!
Old 11/8/05, 07:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by amyb@November 8, 2005, 9:20 PM
All the info is on www.shelbyautos.com front page
Amy
Oh. $15000 for the stage 2 and it doesn't include labor. WTH.
Old 11/8/05, 07:27 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Jimp@November 8, 2005, 6:21 PM
Oh. $15000 for the stage 2 and it doesn't include labor. WTH.
Makes sense, since that pretty much covers parts only.. I wonder how much labor would be... Anyone want to guess? $5000 to $7000? So an addtional 20 to $22K on top of the price of a $24000 V6 Premium.. So lets say $46K?

That cant be right.. The CS6 retails for $36k.. So I guess its better to just buy a car from them.. Existing V6 owners should do their own upgrades anyway.. I would think this is best..
Old 11/8/05, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by scrming@November 8, 2005, 6:18 PM

LOL. I too am keeping my 7.5 until I break it, and if I break it I will be more than happy to replace it...because by that time I would be running some killer 1/4 times.
Old 11/8/05, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by MSP@November 8, 2005, 9:30 PM
Makes sense, since that pretty much covers parts only.. I wonder how much labor would be... Anyone want to guess? $5000 to $7000? So an addtional 20 to $22K on top of the price of a $24000 V6 Premium.. So lets say $46K?

That cant be right.. The CS6 retails for $36k.. So I guess its better to just buy a car from them.. Existing V6 owners should do their own upgrades anyway.. I would think this is best..

I would hope it includes labor, otherwise we could build our cars to kick the crap out of that one for far less. The shelby name dosen't mean that much...don't get me wrong I would love to have one, but not for that price. I wonder what else he changed out in addition to the rear end.
Old 11/8/05, 09:46 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@November 7, 2005, 9:08 PM
Hello AmyB!! Thanks for dropping by our home.. As you can see, we are ridiculously loyal to the V6.. The CS6 Shelby is our knight in Shinning Armour!

Now.. If you can help us with just a few details please.. What we need, is listed below!

1.RWHP or Rear wheel Horspower

2.RWTQ or Rear wheel torque

3.Type of rear-end 7.5 or 8.8 along with gear ratio (3.31) or (3.45)

We will have more questions, but to start out, these few would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks for stopping by Amyb!
some very good Q's MSP, but i'd also like to add a few

EDIT: lol, just saw Amy's answers to MSP's questions. silly me, i shoulda finished reading :P and i like the idea of muliple optiones for gear ratio and i think moving to 8.8" was a good idea, no offense to the 7.5 guys, but as nice as the 7.5s are... they arent as strong as an 8.8. heck, im even planning on stickin an 8.8 in over my 8" lol

which trannies will be available?

will it be the normal V6 5speed (T5 right guys?) or will it be something higher up, like a T45 or T56?

also, will there be an auto available? im not interested in owning an Auto one, but im curious to see if Ford will make any Hi-Perf muscle cars with an auto ever again?

cuz remember the GT350s and GT500s of old had some autos thrown into the mix as well...

cant wait for s'more info!!!

i havent been this excited for a car since i saw the original S197 concept!!!
Old 11/9/05, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by amyb@November 7, 2005, 8:36 PM
The price is still being worked on and we will have final specs soon. The kits will be available in 06.
So the 15k price tag on the website is not the final price? If not are we looking at it being more or less?
Old 11/9/05, 03:27 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by GIDDEUP@November 9, 2005, 1:15 PM
So the 15k price tag on the website is not the final price? If not are we looking at it being more or less?
As far as I'm concerned we are looking at it being ridiculous! LOL!! I mean, if you want a CS6, its best to call Shelby Auto, before you buy the car.. This way you about 40K+ and some change out the door.. calling them after the fact will add several thousand dollars to the overall price of the car..

It would be cheaper to just buy the bodykit from them, and go to Paxton/Vortech direct for the blower.. Grab the suspension parts off of Ebay.. Buy 4 or 5 cases of Budweiser, and invite over a couple of good mechanics..

This is a very big pill Sweet AmyB is trying to get us to swallow.. She pushin it down my throat, but there aint any room left to swallow.. I'm gaggin!! LOL!!
Old 11/9/05, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by MSP@November 9, 2005, 5:30 PM
As far as I'm concerned we are looking at it being ridiculous! LOL!! I mean, if you want a CS6, its best to call Shelby Auto, before you buy the car.. This way you about 40K+ and some change out the door.. calling them after the fact will add several thousand dollars to the overall price of the car..

It would be cheaper to just buy the bodykit from them, and go to Paxton/Vortech direct for the blower.. Grab the suspension parts off of Ebay.. Buy 4 or 5 cases of Budweiser, and invite over a couple of good mechanics..

This is a very big pill Sweet AmyB is trying to get us to swallow.. She pushin it down my throat, but there aint any room left to swallow.. I'm gaggin!! LOL!!
I have to agree here, I like the car but my main interest is how they achieved the power levels safely, so I can make the same modifications to my car.

Quick Reply: Shelby V6?