V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby V6?

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/05, 03:11 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To your other post, of course ill gladly admit i want a CS6. I would never pay the price theyre asking however. And I brought in the terminator solely in response to your extremely specific hypothetical cooked up to find the one scenario in which the CS6 might be worth its price. Remember?

"The race class I choose to run in is the Bone Stock Class.. These cars must not be altered at all mechanically, but can have different tunes calibrated for better performance.. Which car do I buy? My wife has allowed me to spend $40K, no more than that tops.. I must be out the door for $40K.. Its either $40K, or I'm on the couch for 3 years, if not the dog house"

As to your "out of the three" argument--another extremely specific, totally unrealistic hypothetical invented solely to justify Shelby price gouging-- I would never be stupid enough to limit myself to those three choices.

While the CS6 may be the least stupid option of the three for your incredible scenarios, is that really an honor?

Its a cool car, but like Saleen and Roush offerings, the Shelby is NOT a "value" car.
Old 11/10/05, 04:47 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 2:14 PM
To your other post, of course ill gladly admit i want a CS6. I would never pay the price theyre asking however. And I brought in the terminator solely in response to your extremely specific hypothetical cooked up to find the one scenario in which the CS6 might be worth its price. Remember?

"The race class I choose to run in is the Bone Stock Class.. These cars must not be altered at all mechanically, but can have different tunes calibrated for better performance.. Which car do I buy? My wife has allowed me to spend $40K, no more than that tops.. I must be out the door for $40K.. Its either $40K, or I'm on the couch for 3 years, if not the dog house"

As to your "out of the three" argument--another extremely specific, totally unrealistic hypothetical invented solely to justify Shelby price gouging-- I would never be stupid enough to limit myself to those three choices.

While the CS6 may be the least stupid option of the three for your incredible scenarios, is that really an honor?

Its a cool car, but like Saleen and Roush offerings, the Shelby is NOT a "value" car.

I'm not sure how the conversation came down to all this.. However, I would opt to buy a lesser expensive model, and do the work myself personally..
Old 11/10/05, 04:53 PM
Cam Tease

Yeah, thats exactly what my point is. I was sort of wondering what we were disagreeing about.
Old 11/10/05, 05:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 6:03 PM
Haha, a magazine racer! The stock GT achieves a higher slalom mph because it has a ligher aluminum block, meaning it can handle transitions faster. The slalom takes nothing into account but ability to transition on perfectly level pavement, something that doesn't show the penalties of a SRA. I dunno about you, but I have not seen a whole lot of race tracks consisting exclusively of back and forth transitions at exact 30 feet intervals. Take a stock GT and terminator to a track, and any qualified driver will tell you the Cobra handles better.
I know you guys wont buy this, as its something you have to feel rather than a number you can look at.

Despite slalom mph, the Cobra is a much better handling car.
The CS6 will have better brakes and is lighter than the Cobra as well. And probably has better F/R balance. I'm sure it will have better track times.
Old 11/10/05, 05:18 PM
Cam Tease

K. Whatever you want to believe.
Old 11/10/05, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Jimp@November 10, 2005, 7:15 PM
The CS6 will have better brakes and is lighter than the Cobra as well. And probably has better F/R balance. I'm sure it will have better track times.
speaking of brakes... you should see the front calipers on the MRT 6T6 car! OMG!!! They were the most manly calipers I've ever seen... had to cover 1/2 the rotor!!!!!
Old 11/10/05, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@November 10, 2005, 5:04 PM
My friend, why are you comparing an 03-04 Cobra to an 05+ Mustang conversation?

I think the price factor got into the equation, and he was just mentioning a way to go with a previous year cobra for less money. It's a valid point, but yes you are right, we are talking 2005+ here.

If I really think about it, sure...I could have bought and old beatup 89 5.0, build a new engine and build a custom car around it. But I didn't go that route, the 2005 just looks so darn sweet....and it was a compromise....my wife let me buy the 05 to prevent me from restoring a 67-70 model stang.

I would love to know how this CS6 handles, see some track and 1/4 mile times. Thats what is driving me nuts, they give us a taste with a one pager, but no real details.

Did we determine if the cats and headers are stock? Does it have lowering springs, control arms etc?
Old 11/10/05, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 10, 2005, 9:18 PM
<SNIP>

the 2005 just looks so darn sweet...

<SNIP>

That was the main reason I bought my car... I fell in love with the looks... the color and the styling were 100% dead on for me... everything else was secondary... LOL
Old 11/11/05, 06:50 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 6:21 PM
Believe? There is actually data to support this. You have proven yourself to be a big, ugly, smelly, ol' troll. :nono:
Old 11/11/05, 07:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 4:21 PM
It actually isn't black& white on handling if a car has IRS or not. Don't take the little info on this site based on others opinions to make your own facts. I would actually research what a SRA CAN do. I have checked them out and a well designed SRA will give you incredible handling but with the cost of some comfort. Even then Ford's 3 link setup along with the whole new 2005 chassis, makes it the BEST handling Mustang ever. Why do you think people are drooling over having IRS on this new body. Can you imagine the possibilites on track racing. Look at our car's at Grand Am. Those have SRA's and are holding their own with more sophisticaded german engineered setups. But you choose what and who you want to believe, I can't help there.
A 2003/04 Cobra is nice, handles well, but in the end IRS isn't a miracle worker to an old outdated Fox chassis.
Old 11/11/05, 08:56 AM
Cam Tease

Believe me I am well aware of how incredible the 05's new SRA is. But better than the Cobra's admittedly hack-job IRS it is not.
Old 11/11/05, 09:28 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 11, 2005, 9:59 AM
Believe me I am well aware of how incredible the 05's new SRA is. But better than the Cobra's admittedly hack-job IRS it is not.
Is so. :stubborn:
Old 11/11/05, 09:43 AM
Cam Tease

lol.
Old 11/11/05, 02:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 11, 2005, 7:59 AM
We are comparing how well they handle. Don't limit yourself to rear-ends to come to the conclusion that a Cobra handles better.
Yes, IRS is usually a better performer at track racing, but you can't just put it in and say you can outhandle any car even if it does have an SRA.
Old 11/11/05, 02:53 PM
Cam Tease

Is that what I said?

No, I am pretty sure I didn't say "because the Cobra has an IRS you can outhandle any car even if it does have an SRA."

Actually, I think I said the Cobra would outhandle the CS6 and cited the IRS an an example why.

While, Shelby may have secretly and comprehensively reworked the CS6's suspension without telling anyone, if it really is just a supercharged 6, it would get raped all over the place in our little theoretical Bone Stock Class road race by a chipped Terminator.
Old 11/11/05, 06:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Now you are speaking of lap times which has more to it that a well handling car, but the power to pull. Thats exactly the main reason we win against BMW's on the Grand Am races.
Let me put it this way in terms you may understand (if no advancement I quit lol). Say you had the same power to weight ratio on the Cobra and the S197. The S197 has both it's sway bars, and just to make it even both cars are running the same type rubber.

Don't tell me you still think the Cobra will win because it has the edge from its IRS. You can't ignore everything else and simply base it on IRS which it seems to me you are implying.
Old 11/11/05, 09:11 PM
Cam Tease

Lol. Youre act like I dont "get it." In terms I may understand? Yeah, of course I already thought of that. And yeah, the Cobra WOULD win.

The reason we win against BMWs in the Grand Am races is because we get a weight and power advantage BECAUSE we run the SRA.

NO, im not ignoring it and simply basing it on everything else. Youre acting like MSP, making retarded assumptions that dont make sense. Yeah, the Cobra WOULD win, for a variety of reasons. Do you really think all Ford did to the Cobra suspension wise was slap an IRS under it and call it a day.

Subframe connectors, upgraded brakes, stiffer springs, lower center of gravity. There is alot going on bud, but then again "im just a troll."

And Grimlock, how can there be data to support that the CS6 will outhandle the Cobra? Unless youre privvy to special Shelby test sessions pitting Term v. CS6 that we dont know about...
Old 11/11/05, 09:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 12, 2005, 12:14 AM
Lol. Youre act like I dont "get it." In terms I may understand? Yeah, of course I already thought of that. And yeah, the Cobra WOULD win.
The reason we win against BMWs in the Grand Am races is because we get a weight and power advantage BECAUSE we run the SRA.

NO, im not ignoring it and simply basing it on everything else. Youre acting like MSP, making retarded assumptions that dont make sense. Yeah, the Cobra WOULD win, for a variety of reasons. Do you really think all Ford did to the Cobra suspension wise was slap an IRS under it and call it a day.

Subframe connectors, upgraded brakes, stiffer springs, lower center of gravity. There is alot going on bud, but then again "im just a troll."
You don't KNOW that until they RACE. So don't STATE it as FACT.
Old 11/11/05, 09:15 PM
GTR Member

Real World, the cobras lap times are faster, but i think the V6 might out handle it because their isnt so much oversteer as their is with the powerful terminator
Old 11/11/05, 09:16 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 11, 2005, 8:14 PM

Why you draggin me into this? I broke away from this conversation a few days ago I believe.. LOL!! Once I exit on good terms, I should be left on good terms.. LOL!! Why you draggin me all out onto the track again?

Quick Reply: Shelby V6?