V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby V6?

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/05, 04:34 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though I recognize the sarcasm in your repsonse (as i hope you had in my "im a member" joke), but that is exactly why I post here.

Now I hate to back down from a stance that I've already defended quite effectively, but after reviewing some of the threads in this forum I understand its possible to make a well-rounded V6. Though personally I would start with a GT.

Oh well.
Old 11/6/05, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 6, 2005, 6:37 PM
Though I recognize the sarcasm in your repsonse (as i hope you had in my "im a member" joke), but that is exactly why I post here.

Now I hate to back down from a stance that I've already defended quite effectively, but after reviewing some of the threads in this forum I understand its possible to make a well-rounded V6. Though personally I would start with a GT.

Oh well.

I’m terribly sorry for your challenges becoming a member of the Taurus board. For your convenience, I have included a link for you to register as a full fledged member:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/...r.php?do=signup

I am quite sure; they will welcome you and your opinions with open arms.

Old 11/6/05, 04:59 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, the joke was better the first time around.
I see you've seen the light however!
Installing a GT grille\fog lights\front&rear bumper, dual exhaust, and ordering a GT sway bar?
I'm impressed, keep it up!
Old 11/6/05, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 6, 2005, 7:02 PM
Haha, the joke was better the first time around.
I see you've seen the light however!
Installing a GT grille\fog lights\front&rear bumper, dual exhaust, and ordering a GT sway bar?
I'm impressed, keep it up!

Took you awhile to read my signature….guess studying for the SAT’s finally got you hooked on phonics.

Yea, I really like the look of the GT, thus my mods….but you won’t find any GT badges on my car. Unfortunately my insurance company didn’t like the GT, car payments were fine on it, but they were gonna rip me off for a V8 ($100+ more a month). Besides, having a 93 5.0, the V6 was still plenty for me….and is proving to meet all my needs/goals.

You should consider having a GT body kit put on your Taurus.

Seriously though, I am here about the CS6. It seems all the information on it has been discussed, so we should just wait till we have more information on the internals and specific configuration details.

Accept your Taurus for what it is, an “Amazing Valueâ€! Really, I am done with you, this is a technical forum, not a battle of sarcastic wit. You can keep replying all you want. I will simply sit back, watch and enjoy my beer.

Cheers.

Old 11/6/05, 05:22 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, I'm hardly touting my Taurus as anything other than an "amazing value," which is why I'm so amused by your incessant references to it.

And while this particular forum may be one for technical discussion, forums in general are rather amorphous and as such can be bent into battlefields for sarcasm and wit while still fulfilling their defined role.

Enjoy the beer.
Old 11/6/05, 05:46 PM
MSP
Banned

I must be honest guys.. AnotherMustangMan may have started out his initial conversation with us, in a quite sarcastic and mean spirited way.. However, after reading alot of his replies, and understanding that based on the way he chooses to respond to some, he is actually an alright guy.. Now with RaginStormLock being one of my good buddies here at the forum, I do take issue with the fact that AnotherMustangMan has pointed out the fact that he has installed some parts which were given by the factory for a GT, but in the end were made for a Mustang.. LOL! If he were to carefully analyze this, he would soon understand that this pretty much sums up the ridiculous nature of this discussion.. To want fog lights in the front of the car, does not specifically indicate a need to be closer to a GT. But rather an appreciation for the fog lights themselves placed perfectly on the front of the car they were designed for.. In my opinion, it is unfair to give a GT foglights in the grill, but not even offer a V6 owner a foglight from the factory setup.. LOL!! You see what I mean AnotherMustangMan? While the GT had been given factory foglights, the V6 was not offered any in 2005.. Thus, for RaginStormLock to acquire the appropriate grill to accomodate the foglights, does not mean he is more inclined to like the GT more than the V6.. He may live in an area where its actually good to have foglights in the winter, and so decided since the look appealed to him, to get them installed..

But on that note AnotherMustangMan, you might as well trade in the Taurus, and get a V6.. You do have a wit that can be quite usefull around here, when its focused in the right direction..
Old 11/6/05, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by MSP@November 6, 2005, 7:49 PM
I must be honest guys.. AnotherMustangMan may have started out his initial conversation with us, in a quite sarcastic and mean spirited way.. However, after reading alot of his replies, and understanding that based on the way he chooses to respond to some, he is actually an alright guy.. Now with RaginStormLock being one of my good buddies here at the forum, I do take issue with the fact that AnotherMustangMan has pointed out the fact that he has installed some parts which were given by the factory for a GT, but in the end were made for a Mustang.. LOL! If he were to carefully analyze this, he would soon understand that this pretty much sums up the ridiculous nature of this discussion.. To want fog lights in the front of the car, does not specifically indicate a need to be closer to a GT. But rather an appreciation for the fog lights themselves placed perfectly on the front of the car they were designed for.. In my opinion, it is unfair to give a GT foglights in the grill, but not even offer a V6 owner a foglight from the factory setup.. LOL!! You see what I mean AnotherMustangMan? While the GT had been given factory foglights, the V6 was not offered any in 2005.. Thus, for RaginStormLock to acquire the appropriate grill to accomodate the foglights, does not mean he is more inclined to like the GT more than the V6.. He may live in an area where its actually good to have foglights in the winter, and so decided since the look appealed to him, to get them installed..

But on that note AnotherMustangMan, you might as well trade in the Taurus, and get a V6.. You do have a wit that can be quite usefull around here, when its focused in the right direction..

It's all good, I think he did bring up some good points. My fog light qwest was quite the evolution. I originally only had the fog lights, then my parking garage smashed my front bumper.......gave me a check, which then covered most of the costs to go with a full conversion....and allow me to go dual exhaust with no cutting (got some cool wheels out of it too).

But yes, he would be quite handy to have around. I'm just here to colaborate to make my ride as fun as possible...and get some good 1/4 mile times while doing so.

Regards,

"Ragin"
Old 11/6/05, 05:55 PM
Cam Tease

Man you guys, now I feel guilty. I'm sorry.
Old 11/6/05, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 6, 2005, 7:58 PM

It's all good, I could have left a few remarks out of my posts too. Anyway, I have been all over the net looking for more information on the CS6. Can't find a thing.

Guess we will just have to wait.
Old 11/6/05, 07:16 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 6, 2005, 4:58 PM

LOL!! Dont be sorry, we need guys like you who are fiesty!! Buy a V6 Mustang!!
Old 11/7/05, 06:22 AM
GT Member

I'm a jerk, for that I do not apologize. However many of my comments were off color, and for that I do. This stupid argument has taken place on all of the boards that I have read so while this is 12 pages of shenanigans, it feels closer to 60 or 70 to me. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am so short with these types of arguments. Yeah I can't find any cs6 info either besides shelby autos.
Old 11/7/05, 07:33 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hi All, Just wanted to add a few things about the CS6. It has been dyno'd and it is more then 350+ horsepower to the fly.

The price is still being worked on and we will have final specs soon. The kits will be available in 06.

Regarding price, the GT500 will be very high by our estimation. It's supposed to hit at 55K but the demand and lists are great, so dealers will be able to ask alot, especially year one. There will be a frenzy, we have heard that the list is 58K strong, for 10K cars.

Back to the V6, we welcome all the comments, don't be fooled by this car, it can beat the standard GT, it has more horse and it's lighter.

I am happy to answer any questions, and the CS6 is not limited, but the West Coast Customs one is.

Amy

Amyb@shelbyautos.com
Old 11/7/05, 07:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by amyb@November 7, 2005, 9:36 PM

<SNIP>

it can beat the standard GT, it has more horse and it's lighter.

<SNIP>

oh, gosh... here we go again... LOL!!!

Hi Amy... and thanks for the info!
Old 11/7/05, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by amyb@November 7, 2005, 9:36 PM
hi All, Just wanted to add a few things about the CS6. It has been dyno'd and it is more then 350+ horsepower to the fly.

The price is still being worked on and we will have final specs soon. The kits will be available in 06.

Regarding price, the GT500 will be very high by our estimation. It's supposed to hit at 55K but the demand and lists are great, so dealers will be able to ask alot, especially year one. There will be a frenzy, we have heard that the list is 58K strong, for 10K cars.

Back to the V6, we welcome all the comments, don't be fooled by this car, it can beat the standard GT, it has more horse and it's lighter.

I am happy to answer any questions, and the CS6 is not limited, but the West Coast Customs one is.
Amy

Amyb@shelbyautos.com
That is cool, the ones with out the WCC isn't limited, way cool! If I wanted to pimp my ride, I would have bought something else. Can't wait to hear info on the pricing.

Any additional technical details?
Old 11/7/05, 08:05 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by amyb@November 7, 2005, 6:36 PM

Amy

Amyb@shelbyautos.com

Hello AmyB!! Thanks for dropping by our home.. As you can see, we are ridiculously loyal to the V6.. The CS6 Shelby is our knight in Shinning Armour!

Now.. If you can help us with just a few details please.. What we need, is listed below!

1.RWHP or Rear wheel Horspower

2.RWTQ or Rear wheel torque

3.Type of rear-end 7.5 or 8.8 along with gear ratio (3.31) or (3.45)

We will have more questions, but to start out, these few would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks for stopping by Amyb!
Old 11/7/05, 08:07 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 7, 2005, 6:44 PM
oh, gosh... here we go again... LOL!!!

Hi Amy... and thanks for the info!

No one is going to argue with her! Remember, she also sales the 500HP CS8!.. LOL!! Dont want to get on her bad side!
Old 11/7/05, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 7, 2005, 10:10 PM
No one is going to argue with her! Remember, she also sales the 500HP CS8!.. LOL!! Dont want to get on her bad side!
Give it time... some one will... LOL!
Old 11/7/05, 08:29 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 7, 2005, 7:17 PM
Give it time... some one will... LOL!

I know!! That was pretty kool she stop by to see us huh Scrming? Pretty darn kool man!!
Old 11/8/05, 07:29 AM
GT Member

Any estimation as to how much less the cs6 weighs than a stock v6?
Old 11/8/05, 07:59 AM

Originally posted by Goliath@November 8, 2005, 9:32 AM
Any estimation as to how much less the cs6 weighs than a stock v6?

Thats a good point!!! I wonder if good ol Shelby had them test it on 1/4 mile to see what it was getting. I am dying to see 1/4 mile times on this car.

Quick Reply: Shelby V6?