V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby V6?

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/05, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@October 30, 2005, 11:02 AM
Guys, please do not take offense to Shiftey! He is obviously alittle threatened by the situation, and needs to somehow justify to himself that his Mustang GT is not in danger of being wiped up by a V6..

Of course Shiftey could simply bolt on a Blower himself and not be concerned with this, because then he could have for himself a 2005 Mustang GT with 450+ RWHP and TQ.. But this is not the case.. Shiftey is content to live in a 2005 Mustang GT world which consist of only 13.2 seconds in the quarter mile, and maybe 12.7 if he loses some weight and does a couple of extra things to his suspension to imporve upon his launch.. Under these circumstances, he is going to be a 2005 Mustang GT owner victim..

He is in the perfect spot to be humiliated and embarassed by a V6 or a V6 Shelby some day, and must lash out here, and now to somehow get back at the V6'ers of the future 1/4 mile beat-down he is absolutley going to receive unless he gets with the 2005 Mustang GT program, and stops posing like a little child stuck with a V8, but does not properly know how to set it up..

So dont be too hard on shiftey.. He is scared, worried, paranoid, and confused, at how could it be that he owns a 2005 Mustang GT and is right on the edge of getting a beatdown by not only 2005 Mustang V6's, but also the Shelby V6..

Put it like this Mister Shiftey, either get with the 2005 Mustang GT program by way of a blower, turbo or nitrous or get out of the kitchen.. Because the 2005 Mustang V6 is hot, and its burnin up GT's in the kitchen which choose to remain above 13.0 seconds.. Dont get burned.. Dont disrespect, and dont be a loser..

First off, it's SHIFTY. Secondly, I'm getting ported heads, new cams, and the KB blower when it comes out. 500rwhp EASY. Keep dreaming V6 people.
Old 10/30/05, 12:57 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Shifty@October 30, 2005, 11:37 AM
First off, it's SHIFTY. Secondly, I'm getting ported heads, new cams, and the KB blower when it comes out. 500rwhp EASY. Keep dreaming V6 people.

LOL!! Very nice Shiftey! Now we're getting somewhere.. I am now forcing you to show some emotion, like how you have been picking on my V6 buddies.. Check this out Shiftey... First off...

To all the GT owners.. These comments are directed soley at shiftey.. Not to respectable GT owners....

Ok Shiftey, back on topic..

Isnt it ironic that Carrol Shelby skipped the 4.6 Motor? I mean, even the GT500 is using a 5.4 Liter V8.. Now, in a stroke of pure genius, he once again skipped the 4.6 you have in your beloved GT, and went straight to a V6 4.0 Liter engine.. LOL! How ironic!

So I dont care what you put on your car man.. The Motor itself is not good enough to be apart of the Shelby Stables. Without that you dont have a prayer for re-sale value.. Atleast all V6 owners can create Shelby clones, and sell their cars at inflated values in years to come..

@ALL GT owners

I have to slap shiftey around abit.. Please, I love the Mustang GT along with the 4.6 because its a Mustang.. But when guys like shiftey try to bully V6 owners, they must be slapped around.. LOL!

One more thing shiftey.. Its Shiftey and not Shifty, because I said it is.. Now scram!!
Old 10/30/05, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL! Nice post, MSP
Old 10/30/05, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

No he went with the 5.4 because he knows that displacement is everything. I think they should have made a GT350 that's an N/A 5.4L. I can't see who they are trying to sell the 6 cyl shelby to. I don't see how he "once again" skipped the 4.6 because there hasn't been a shelby since the 4.6 was started. Typical V6/import person bringing up re-sale value. Are you going to bring up gas mileage too? Might as well play that card too. A supercharged V6 is still, just a V6. All the forced induction in the world isn't going to make up for small displacement. I'm not trying to bully you guys. You bring it on yourselves by saying "ooooo look out GT's!". It's like the stupid GT owners who started picking at the 03/04 cobra owners or Vette people. Your cars are used as RENTAL CARS!!! You have no argument!!
Old 10/30/05, 01:18 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Shifty@October 30, 2005, 12:09 PM
No he went with the 5.4 because he knows that displacement is everything. I think they should have made a GT350 that's an N/A 5.4L. I can't see who they are trying to sell the 6 cyl shelby to. I don't see how he "once again" skipped the 4.6 because there hasn't been a shelby since the 4.6 was started. Typical V6/import person bringing up re-sale value. Are you going to bring up gas mileage too? Might as well play that card too. A supercharged V6 is still, just a V6. All the forced induction in the world isn't going to make up for small displacement. I'm not trying to bully you guys. You bring it on yourselves by saying "ooooo look out GT's!". It's like the stupid GT owners who started picking at the 03/04 cobra owners or Vette people. Your cars are used as RENTAL CARS!!! You have no argument!!
Shiftey! The owner of this website is involved in this thread, and had a hand at creating the excitement contained inside.. Are you that foolish to bite the hand that feeds you twice? Once with bashing the best selling Mustang of all time, the SOHC 4.0Liter, and again by saying THEMUSTANGSOURCE is wrong for getting excited about a new Shelby Mustang, regardless of what engine is used.. Actually, your hand just got bit off, beccause now your Saying Carrol Shelby must be senile for skipping the 4.6 agian, and going for the SOHC4.0.. Your batting 1000 man.. You should stop before Ford forces the bank to recall your loan, and notifies all Dealerships to not do business with you.. You have bitten off more than you can chew with me man.. Stop the carniage now while you still have one hand left to steer an automatic.. LOL!

Even you admitted Shelby completely ignored the 4.6 Liter days.. Dont dig the dagger in any deeper, please.. THEMUSTANGSOURCE will have to clean this mess up.. He's probably already embarassed because your being so foolish in regards to this.. Not one other GT owner, or TEAMMUSTANGSOURCE member has gone out on a branch like you, and it broke.. Your now in the bushes right next to the dog house.. Fido might come out and bite off your other hand.. Run, while you still have time.. I'm too much for you man!
Old 10/30/05, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP+October 30, 2005, 2:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ October 30, 2005, 2:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, your hand just got bit off, beccause now your Saying Carrol Shelby must be senile for skipping the 4.6 agian, and going for the SOHC4.0..
[/b]

No I said he was smart for going to the 5.4L. Learn to read.

Originally posted by MSP@October 30, 2005, 2:21 PM
You should stop before Ford forces the bank to recall your loan, and notifies all Dealerships to not do business with you..
Right, because I got a loan.

<!--QuoteBegin-MSP
@October 30, 2005, 2:21 PM
Even you admitted Shelby completely ignored the 4.6 Liter days
[/quote]

So? :scratch:
Old 10/30/05, 01:35 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Shifty@October 30, 2005, 12:28 PM
No I said he was smart for going to the 5.4L. Learn to read.
Right, because I got a loan.
So? :scratch:

It seems by the tone of this post, you realize your in the ring with a Jackle.. I'll rip you to pieces man.. So why dont we just call a truce, and allow this thread to proceed on its natural course.. Please do not attempt to ruin it, just because you take issue with the fact that your GT as it sits does not have a motor which is good enough to carry the Shelby name.. So we can now be civilized once again with this understanding..

@ALL Mustang GT owners

These comments are directed at Shiftey, and not to all you great Mustang GT fanatics.. Shiftey and I will now show some type of civility for the betterment of the community.. I think the Mustang GT's are absolutley great cars, and in the future should be valued at a pretty good price.. They wont be eligable to be created into Shelby clones, and sell for more, but atleast they are still Mustangs.. So please dont take offense at my comments directed soley at Shiftey.. Shiftey is a nice guy and I hope we can work together to bring excitement to not only the V6 community, but the GT community as well..
Old 10/30/05, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 30, 2005, 2:38 PM
It seems by the tone of this post, you realize your in the ring with a Jackle.. I'll rip you to pieces man.. So why dont we just call a truce, and allow this thread to proceed on its natural course.. Please do not attempt to ruin it, just because you take issue with the fact that your GT as it sits does not have a motor which is good enough to carry the Shelby name.. So we can now be civilized once again with this understanding..

@ALL Mustang GT owners

These comments are directed at Shiftey, and not to all you great Mustang GT fanatics.. Shiftey and I will now show some type of civility for the betterment of the community.. I think the Mustang GT's are absolutley great cars, and in the future should be valued at a pretty good price.. They wont be eligable to be created into Shelby clones, and sell for more, but atleast they are still Mustangs.. So please dont take offense at my comments directed soley at Shiftey.. Shiftey is a nice guy and I hope we can work together to bring excitement to not only the V6 community, but the GT community as well..
Yeah ok, I wish you guys good luck with your V6 shelby's. I look forward to racing them. Why are we arguing over a car that isn't even in concept form anyway?
Old 10/30/05, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Uhh darn. I was looking forward to hearing more about this, but at this rate the thread won't last. Maybe we could start a new thread and let these two go about there fighting. I may be a 'lowly' V6 owner, but i'm interested in hearing more about the Shelby. Any admins out there??
Old 10/30/05, 01:50 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A shelby V6 sounds awesome...

With people talking about a V6 being lame... A supercharged V6 in the new mustangs would be faster then any 1965-1969 shelby GT350...
Old 10/30/05, 01:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Knight@October 30, 2005, 4:53 PM
A shelby V6 sounds awesome...
I agree. And it obviously has some insecure GT owners very nervous.
Old 10/30/05, 01:56 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by GIDDEUP@October 30, 2005, 12:50 PM

Uhh darn. I was looking forward to hearing more about this, but at this rate the thread won't last. Maybe we could start a new thread and let these two go about there fighting. I may be a 'lowly' V6 owner, but i'm interested in hearing more about the Shelby. Any admins out there??
Sorry GIDDEUP.. I was only defending your honor.. Thread back on topic!
Old 10/30/05, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 30, 2005, 2:59 PM
Sorry GIDDEUP.. I was only defending your honor.. Thread back on topic!
No worries, I'm not one of those people that cares what people think about my car choice. I bought it because I like it and it worked with my budget and what not. If I tried to buy something to impress everyone else out there I wouldn't want to drive it or enjoy it.

I can't wait to hear more about the Shelby V6. Wonder if they might announce something at SEMA. Probably would not take to much prototype time since it will mostly be engine and handling upgrades would be my guess. I could see it coming out the same time as the 500 if not a little after.
Old 10/30/05, 02:19 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by GIDDEUP@October 30, 2005, 1:14 PM
No worries, I'm not one of those people that cares what people think about my car choice. I bought it because I like it and it worked with my budget and what not. If I tried to buy something to impress everyone else out there I wouldn't want to drive it or enjoy it.

I can't wait to hear more about the Shelby V6. Wonder if they might announce something at SEMA. Probably would not take to much prototype time since it will mostly be engine and handling upgrades would be my guess. I could see it coming out the same time as the 500 if not a little after.

Read the entire thread.. THEMUSTANGSOURCE'S contacts at Vortech, said Shelby is scheduled to appear at their booth next week with the car.. Hopefully THEMUSTANGSOURCE will get all the pics of the car this coming week and add them to the Mustang Timeline..
Old 10/30/05, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't wait to see it too.

As for shifty, he should troll a GTO or Firebird thread.
Old 10/30/05, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shifty@October 30, 2005, 3:09 PM
No he went with the 5.4 because he knows that displacement is everything.
This particular comment really confuses me. If displacement is "everything" why does the current GT have a 4.6 when older models had a 5.0? Surely If Shelby knows displacement is "everything" you'd think somebody at Ford would know too

This is all sort of silly imho. A product will stand or fall on it's own merits, regardless of whether Carroll Shelby lends his name to it. Why don't we just wait and see exactly WHAT gets unveiled before going to war over the implications
Old 10/30/05, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@October 30, 2005, 7:13 PM
This particular comment really confuses me. If displacement is "everything" why does the current GT have a 4.6 when older models had a 5.0? Surely If Shelby knows displacement is "everything" you'd think somebody at Ford would know too
Yeah you'd think that wouldn't you? Simple function of motors! The more air you move through the motor, the more power you make. Fuel efficiency probably played a role in the move from 5.0 to 4.6. Ford isn't trying to make the fastest cars ever. If they were they would have put a blown DOHC 428 in the new cobra. Of course that car would probably get 5 mpg. They have to keep everything in balance.
Old 10/30/05, 07:15 PM
Cobra Member

remember this one line...there is no replacement for displacement........believe me i am not worried at all...and doubt any other gt owner is...oh and by the way paid 27k for my gt so your figures are wrong..
Old 10/30/05, 07:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by WERKED 66@October 30, 2005, 10:18 PM
remember this one line...there is no replacement for displacement........believe me i am not worried at all...and doubt any other gt owner is...oh and by the way paid 27k for my gt so your figures are wrong..
You are obviously worried, that's why you are hanging out in a V6 forum.
Old 10/30/05, 07:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by WERKED 66@October 30, 2005, 9:18 PM
Well, I'd sure make an effort to remember it...if it were strictly true.

What exactly do you think Supercharging, turbocharging, Nitrous Oxide, etc are? They are all "replacements" for displacement. All methods to run more air/fuel mixture (or in the case of nitrous a mixture containing more oxygen than regular air) than an engine could draw naturally based on it's displacement.

Engines in the end are just air pumps, and it is entirely possible for a small efficient pump to move more volume than a larger less efficient one (note: I'm just talking generally here, not specifically discussing the 4.6L and 4.0L Ford powerplants) Cams, valves, timing, electronics, induction flow, exhaust flow, all come into play, not JUST cubic inches

I guess I don't get the almost religious zeal of the V8 "orthodoxy" vs. the V6 "heretics" here. They're all Mustangs. What exactly is wrong with another choice in the realm of quick Mustangs? :scratch:

Quick Reply: Shelby V6?