V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby V6?

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/05, 05:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 6:59 PM
DANG! Now ownership of "something" validates the worth of ones opinions???

Wait...what about Frederick Douglass?

Haha, jk I'll stay "on topic."

Though Im fully aware of my own immaturity, I would not neccesarily consider any dialogue with me as a waste of time. My comments would appear logical to anyone who is not trying to justify what they subconciously know was a bad decision.

Though, why listen to me, I state them form the position of owning nothing. Apparently my considerable mental capacity either escapes you or fails to qualify as "something." I would rather hear the opinions of an intelligent man than those of a wealthy one.

As far as your judgement of my comments as "a waste of good posting space(is such a thing practiceably finite?) " nothing is as much a waste as the oxymoronic "V6 Performance" forum.

I'll leave you to your group sessions of buyer's remorse denial. Keep patting each other's backs, the need for such affirmation is apparent.

But really, I MUST go pick up that leather from the upholstery store, those GT owners better be on their toes. My raging bull* is on the road.
*Raging Bull-Allusion to the stroked/blown Taurus
2005 Mustang GT - $30,000 - 1/4 mile - 13.5
My V6 - $26,000 - 1/4 mile - 13.4

More perfomance, Less Money...
Old 11/4/05, 05:16 PM
Cam Tease

See, you keep quoting this $30k GT. I am simply not seeing it. ( back to this in a moment)

If youre going to use the ricer modded car vs stock car method then compare total price, I will counter in a similar style.

I see
2005 Mustang GT- $25,000+$700 dollar nitrous kit = $25,700-11.9 sec
Your V6-$26,000-1/4-13.4

Ooh, ive got a good line: "More performance, Less Money..."

Please, respect yourself as a human being. Don't stoop so low as to say its unfair of me to assume the GT owner and mustang enthusiast, may --God-forbid-- MODIFY HIS MUSTANG TOO!!!

Considerably more performance too, a full second and a half! Not some statistically negligible one hundredth of a second.
Old 11/4/05, 05:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 7:19 PM
See, you keep quoting this $30k GT. I am simply not seeing it. ( back to this in a moment)

If youre going to use the ricer modded car vs stock car method then compare total price, I will counter in a similar style.
I see
2005 Mustang GT- $25,000+$700 dollar nitrous kit = $25,700-11.9 sec
Your V6-$26,000-1/4-13.4

Ooh, ive got a good line: "More performance, Less Money..."

Please, respect yourself as a human being. Don't stoop so low as to say its unfair of me to assume the GT owner and mustang enthusiast, may --God-forbid-- MODIFY HIS MUSTANG TOO!!!
Considerably more performance too, a full second and a half! Not some statistically negligible one hundredth of a second.

Gosh... you just don't seem to get it... GT's in this area were $30,000... this was not uncommon in March... but of course you wouldn't know since you don't even own a Mustang...
Old 11/4/05, 05:41 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 4, 2005, 4:41 PM
Gosh... you just don't seem to get it... GT's in this area were $30,000... this was not uncommon in March... but of course you wouldn't know since you don't even own a Mustang...

Scrming, Dont even repspond to this guy..
Old 11/4/05, 05:52 PM
Cam Tease

Yeah, in March. I get it. Now, in retrosepct, aren't you glad you waited till the prices went down so you could afford the V8?

And MSP, Im really a nice guy. Its just that immaturity +self-righteousness+ anonymity of internet +audience = "uncouth" dialogue.

My B homies, now get out and drive the heck out of your V6s, I gotta go do hw.
Old 11/4/05, 05:53 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 4:55 PM
Yeah, in March. I get it. Now, in retrosepct, aren't you glad you waited till the prices went down so you could afford the V8?

And MSP, Im really a nice guy. Its just that immaturity +self-righteousness+ anonymity of internet +audience = "uncouth" dialogue.

You dont have tell me your a nice guy.. You started your day out calling me an idiot!! LOL!! I think your a swell guy!!
Old 11/4/05, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 7:55 PM

Oh trust me... I could have afforded 2 GTs if I wanted... It's the principal of it.... Go do you hw so you can get a real job when you grow up... LOL!
Old 11/4/05, 06:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 4, 2005, 7:44 PM
Scrming, Dont even repspond to this guy..
yeah... he bores me... yawn... LOL
Old 11/4/05, 06:53 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 4, 2005, 5:50 PM
Oh trust me... I could have afforded 2 GTs if I wanted... It's the principal of it.... Go do you hw so you can get a real job when you grow up... LOL!

It is wiered huh! My 2004 Tahoe cost $50K out the door with tax and license.. I love my Tahoe!! My old E55 $60K+, out the door..

It is safe to assume that buying the V6 was a choice.. LOL!!
Old 11/4/05, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 4, 2005, 8:56 PM
It is wiered huh! My 2004 Tahoe cost $50K out the door with tax and license.. I love my Tahoe!! My old E55 $60K+, out the door..

It is safe to assume that buying the V6 was a choice.. LOL!!
Yep... $50K GMC 2500HD with the Durmax.... $33K for the Montana...

More importantly the V6 was the RIGHT choice! LOL!
Old 11/4/05, 08:39 PM
Cam Tease

Dang, if i had known if all those "principles" were good for is ending up with 3/4s of a muscle car, I would have never bothered with them in the first place!

Btw, the "i gotta do my hw" thing, was a joke, sort of like "im a kid and smarter than you." But who am I to brag about intellect, its not nearly as impressive as being able to afford poor purchasing decisions on either side of the price spectrum. Congrats.

I suppose any half-hour that results in two grown men reassuring themselves and bragging about financial standing is time well spent.
Old 11/4/05, 09:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
oh god not fredrick douglass :bang:

please.. .i've had enough AP English for one day lol!

and i hate to barge in and be all yappy, but who cares really?

everyone has their own car and spends however much they want. if i wanted economic viability and ease of performance gains and all around cheap speed is what i wanted, i would not have bought a mustang II lol! i probably would have went for a fox or something, but i took the II cuz i just love the darn car. i dont mind spending more $$ to get basically the same place as where most of you are stock (lol my car has a what... 17 second ET stock? lol) but im happy. its fdun to tinker with and its still 100% mine and what else really matters to a true auto enthusiast?

and as stimulating as this whole money argument is and all that, why dont we all just shut up and stop arguing and get back to the topic at hand?

that topic being that oh so beautiful CS6

lol sorry if my post comes out a bit rude or whatnot, arins a bit cranky (SAT PREP AGH!!!)

remember kids "dont worry [about other people's cars], be happy [about yours]" lol a bit of editing to some great music goin on right there...

did i make any sense? probably not...
EDIT: and btw, this post isnt really directed at anyone. no one in particular his ticked me off, i just dont care much for petty arguments. being 16, i get enough of that in my life already...
Old 11/4/05, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by future9er24@November 4, 2005, 11:17 PM
oh god not fredrick douglass :bang:

please.. .i've had enough AP English for one day lol!

and i hate to barge in and be all yappy, but who cares really?

everyone has their own car and spends however much they want. if i wanted economic viability and ease of performance gains and all around cheap speed is what i wanted, i would not have bought a mustang II lol! i probably would have went for a fox or something, but i took the II cuz i just love the darn car. i dont mind spending more $$ to get basically the same place as where most of you are stock (lol my car has a what... 17 second ET stock? lol) but im happy. its fdun to tinker with and its still 100% mine and what else really matters to a true auto enthusiast?

and as stimulating as this whole money argument is and all that, why dont we all just shut up and stop arguing and get back to the topic at hand?

that topic being that oh so beautiful CS6

lol sorry if my post comes out a bit rude or whatnot, arins a bit cranky (SAT PREP AGH!!!)

remember kids "dont worry [about other people's cars], be happy [about yours]" lol a bit of editing to some great music goin on right there...

did i make any sense? probably not...
EDIT: and btw, this post isnt really directed at anyone. no one in particular his ticked me off, i just dont care much for petty arguments. being 16, i get enough of that in my life already...

Well said. So back to the CS6, I think the side stripes need to go. A bit over the top.
Old 11/4/05, 11:16 PM
GT Member

Oh boy, not this crap again. I don't care you have 2 more cylinders than me. I'd say 3/4ths of the board doesnt' care either. I'm not going to tell you your car is better by any stretch of the word 'better' for no other reason than to simply **** you off because you're being childish. If you need a message board to validate your opinion then your problem runs deeper than what's under your hood. Now take it to PM's and stop polluting this thread with rubbish that detracts from what everyone wants to hear about: the cs8.
Old 11/5/05, 11:29 AM
Cam Tease

But...Goliath....the thread is actually about the CS6....not the CS8

And I'm hardly using the message board to validate my opinions, but rather EXPRESS them.

Now, Arin, I know youre right. Judging by your past posts and this one I can tell youre a cool dude.

And MSP isnt actually an idiot. I was just cranky myself yesterday (SAT prep as well--just got home from them actually) and watching King MSP of the V6 Round Table strut around his four-liter kingdom was cracking me up.

Edit: Whoa, this is my 281st post!! Thats like...a V8's worth.

JK GUYS. Dont mind me, I just like to argue.
Old 11/6/05, 04:09 PM
GT Member

I'd say your opinion is expressed thoroughly, now stay on topic
Old 11/6/05, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 5, 2005, 1:32 PM
But...Goliath....the thread is actually about the CS6....not the CS8

And I'm hardly using the message board to validate my opinions, but rather EXPRESS them.
Now, Arin, I know youre right. Judging by your past posts and this one I can tell youre a cool dude.

And MSP isnt actually an idiot. I was just cranky myself yesterday (SAT prep as well--just got home from them actually) and watching King MSP of the V6 Round Table strut around his four-liter kingdom was cracking me up.
Edit: Whoa, this is my 281st post!! Thats like...a V8's worth.

JK GUYS. Dont mind me, I just like to argue.

Here is a place you can submit your opinions:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f168/

Best of luck to you.
Old 11/6/05, 04:25 PM
Cam Tease

But I'm already a member of that one, I'm "thewohana."

Plus that forum just isnt as entertaining as this one, there is a distinct lack of people like you.
Old 11/6/05, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 6, 2005, 7:20 PM
Here is a place you can submit your opinions:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f168/

Best of luck to you.
Well played.
Old 11/6/05, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 6, 2005, 6:28 PM
But I'm already a member of that one, I'm "thewohana."

Plus that forum just isnt as entertaining as this one, there is a distinct lack of people like you.

That was good man! You are right, us Mustang lovers (regardless of engine power) are quite passionate about our cars...always good for entertaining discussions!

Quick Reply: Shelby V6?