V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby V6?

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/05, 11:32 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey AmyB! I was also wondering what Fuel injectors are in the Shelby CS6.. Are they still the 19Lbs injectors, or have they been upgraded to 30Lbs?

Thanks AmyB!
Old 11/9/05, 11:34 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 9, 2005, 5:53 PM
I have to agree here, I like the car but my main interest is how they achieved the power levels safely, so I can make the same modifications to my car.
My point is, if your in the market for this car, then by all means, buy it from them.. For us existing V6 Owners, all we can do is our own upgrades.. Lord knows its not cost efficient to buy a kit from Shelby.. I mean, I would love to get the kit for about $4K installed.. Love to! But they wont sell it to me will they Amyb? LOL! I didnt think so.

That $4K installed is with all the Shelby Stickers as well! Fat chance huh!!
Old 11/10/05, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 10, 2005, 12:37 AM
My point is, if your in the market for this car, then by all means, buy it from them.. For us existing V6 Owners, all we can do is our own upgrades.. Lord knows its not cost efficient to buy a kit from Shelby.. I mean, I would love to get the kit for about $4K installed.. Love to! But they wont sell it to me will they Amyb? LOL! I didnt think so.

That $4K installed is with all the Shelby Stickers as well! Fat chance huh!!
Hmmm maybe a Stage 2 sleeper package where you can get all the performance upgrades w/o all the flashy visual stuff???
Old 11/10/05, 11:11 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by GIDDEUP@November 10, 2005, 7:35 AM
Hmmm maybe a Stage 2 sleeper package where you can get all the performance upgrades w/o all the flashy visual stuff???

The CS6 is a car one would consider if he is thinking of going Roush or Saleen of course..

When you look at the packages, all of which start out at around $36K, you will notice a few things.. One is that both the Roush and Saleen have the Stock engine power of the standard GT, unless you opt for the upper stages.. So this means, if performance is of the utmost to you, the Shelby CS6 can be had with 350HP or 300RWHP, plus all the suspension and visual upgrades of the other 2..

This individual does not really have plans of doing his own upgrades.. He just wants to buy it, and occasionally go to an open track session, where he pays $25 bucks for a Saturday's worth of fun..

This CS6 owner is running with the stock Saleens and Roushes at the track day, and is beating them consistantly. He is being praised by the Stage 2 and 3 Saleen owners.. He is hated by the stock GT, Saleen, and Roush owners, becuase he does not deserve to win 1st or 2nd right in front or behind the Stage 2 and 3 Saleen and Roush owners..

This in turn motivates the Stage 1 Saleen and Roush owners to buy Superchargers.. Its hard explaining to the wife, that your $40K Saleen got beat by a V6.. The wife has pretty much had enough of you and your toys, thus after the track day files the papers!! LOL!!

So the CS6 does have a niche where it can fit in and win for sure! This niche is on the s turns at Laguna Seca on track day, and down the straights in the dimmly lit afternoon!

But a CS6 owner must understand that pissed off Roush and Saleen owners with Stage 1 kits can add a Supercharger as well.. They are looking for him at the next session, without the wife and kids, just in case, lighting strikes! Lighting would be SuperSix Motorsports upgrades concealed in a veil of 6 cylinders, pushing 12PSI of boost! With the added security of 14 or 15PSI
Old 11/10/05, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@November 10, 2005, 1:14 PM
The CS6 is a car one would consider if he is thinking of going Roush or Saleen of course..

When you look at the packages, all of which start out at around $36K, you will notice a few things.. One is that both the Roush and Saleen have the Stock engine power of the standard GT, unless you opt for the upper stages.. So this means, if performance is of the utmost to you, the Shelby CS6 can be had with 350HP or 300RWHP, plus all the suspension and visual upgrades of the other 2..

This individual does not really have plans of doing his own upgrades.. He just wants to buy it, and occasionally go to an open track session, where he pays $25 bucks for a Saturday's worth of fun..

This CS6 owner is running with the stock Saleens and Roushes at the track day, and is beating them consistantly. He is being praised by the Stage 2 and 3 Saleen owners.. He is hated by the stock GT, Saleen, and Roush owners, becuase he does not deserve to win 1st or 2nd right in front or behind the Stage 2 and 3 Saleen and Roush owners..

This in turn motivates the Stage 1 Saleen and Roush owners to buy Superchargers.. Its hard explaining to the wife, that your $40K Saleen got beat by a V6.. The wife has pretty much had enough of you and your toys, thus after the track day files the papers!! LOL!!

So the CS6 does have a niche where it can fit in and win for sure! This niche is on the s turns at Laguna Seca on track day, and down the straights in the dimmly lit afternoon!

But a CS6 owner must understand that pissed off Roush and Saleen owners with Stage 1 kits can add a Supercharger as well.. They are looking for him at the next session, without the wife and kids, just in case, lighting strikes! Lighting would be SuperSix Motorsports upgrades concealed in a veil of 6 cylinders, pushing 12PSI of boost! With the added security of 14 or 15PSI

Very good case here. I think Shelby should hire you in his marketing department!!!!
Old 11/10/05, 11:40 AM
MSP
Banned

2006 Shelby CS6 Competition

Saleen S281 3 Valve

http://www.saleen.com/s281_3v.htm

Stage 1 Roush Mustang

http://www.roushperf.com/mustang_st1.shtml

Shelby CS6

http://www.shelbyautos.com/

So as we can see here, Shelby did pull off something quite spectacular! He has inserted himself into the $36K Mustang Buyer's crosshairs, and given then alittle bit more for their Mustang.. Along with that, a name badge which the other 2, although quite proven in their own right, just cant compete with.. Saleen, and Roush admire Shelby as much as you and I.. But in 10 years, which will be worth more? The Saleen, or Roush, or Shelby? I think we can all agree, that in 10 years from now and Ebay auction is much more enticing with the name Shelby connected to your Mustang!

The saleen is $40K without a blower!! Ouch!! Thats one down!
Old 11/10/05, 01:09 PM
Cam Tease

The Saleen name bespeaks overpriced, undersperforming, highly overdone body kits, and one good thing: the S7.

The Roush name beapeaks overpriced, underperforming, tasteful (until the 05) body kits, and : great stand alone RACE and CRATE engines.

The Shelby name just makes me laugh though. The new "Shelby" GT500? Amazing car, it will be astonishing, but its not a Shelby. The only input ol'Shel had was suggesting that they "tighten up the track bars." WTF Shelby, it doesn't HAVE track bars. Thats how withdrawn he is from the cars that are now attributed to his name. He girl of ill reputes out his once respectable legacy to vehicles he had no hand in developing(remember the recent "shelby cobra" concept? Yeah, he didnt even SEE it until it was unveiled) I've lost all respect for the man.

Thats not to say the CS6 is more of a rip off than the than the S281 or RSTG1.

Saleen's one positive (the S7) and Roush's one positive (good RACE engines) aren't even available in their 05s. At least the CS6 comes complete with both Carrol Shelby's name AND complete lack of involvement that comes with it.

At least Steve and Jack actually participate in the development of their cars.

I would never buy a turn-key car from a tuner that chargers twice as much for their name than their product.

The supercharged V6 and incredible looks of the CS6 are sweet, but unless my Mustang is more than 35 years old, fuzzy dice are more enticing than a trumped up connection to the Shelby name.

Actually I retract that bit about losing respect for the man. If I could pull of what he does and STILL receive total hero worship, I sure as heck would.
Old 11/10/05, 01:50 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 12:12 PM
The Saleen name bespeaks overpriced, undersperforming, highly overdone body kits, and one good thing: the S7.

The Roush name beapeaks overpriced, underperforming, tasteful (until the 05) body kits, and : great stand alone RACE and CRATE engines.

The Shelby name just makes me laugh though. The new "Shelby" GT500? Amazing car, it will be astonishing, but its not a Shelby. The only input ol'Shel had was suggesting that they "tighten up the track bars." WTF Shelby, it doesn't HAVE track bars. Thats how withdrawn he is from the cars that are now attributed to his name. He girl of ill reputes out his once respectable legacy to vehicles he had no hand in developing(remember the recent "shelby cobra" concept? Yeah, he didnt even SEE it until it was unveiled) I've lost all respect for the man.
Thats not to say the CS6 is more of a rip off than the than the S281 or RSTG1.

Saleen's one positive (the S7) and Roush's one positive (good RACE engines) aren't even available in their 05s. At least the CS6 comes complete with both Carrol Shelby's name AND complete lack of involvement that comes with it.

At least Steve and Jack actually participate in the development of their cars.

I would never buy a turn-key car from a tuner that chargers twice as much for their name than their product.

The supercharged V6 and incredible looks of the CS6 are sweet, but unless my Mustang is more than 35 years old, fuzzy dice are more enticing than a trumped up connection to the Shelby name.

Actually I retract that bit about losing respect for the man. If I could pull of what he does and STILL receive total hero worship, I sure as heck would.

LOL!! Ok I'll give you that.. You made some good points.. Lets remove all the names from the cars.. Lets take me for a moment as a normal customer who would like to take my sports car racing on the weekends, every now and then... Lets also presume, I have absolutley no intentions on ever upgrading the car.. It is what it is, and I intend to use it for 15,000 miles, or 3 years, then dump it for another..

The race class I choose to run in is the Bone Stock Class.. These cars must not be altered at all mechanically, but can have different tunes calibrated for better performance.. Which car do I buy? My wife has allowed me to spend $40K, no more than that tops.. I must be out the door for $40K.. Its either $40K, or I'm on the couch for 3 years, if not the dog house...
Old 11/10/05, 01:54 PM
MSP
Banned

Now I understand that if I was smart, I would buy a GT and add my own Supercharger or turbo, and get the internals done and still have $200 bucks left.. But we are talking about, out of these 3..
Old 11/10/05, 02:23 PM
Cam Tease

Actually I would get a terminator (03-04 Cobra) for $28k, pay $600 bucks for the tune, still qualify for the Bone Stock Class, and put 420 rwhp to the ground for comparatively little coin.
Old 11/10/05, 02:29 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 1:26 PM
Actually I would get a terminator (03-04 Cobra) for $28k, pay $600 bucks for the tune, still qualify for the Bone Stock Class, and put 420 rwhp to the ground for comparatively little coin.

Yes thats a very smart decision.. You would definatley be considered a problem as far as coming in 1st place.. But I mean in relation to the 3 above vehicles...

No doubt that a used 03-04 Cobra for about $24K is a very smart buy.. But the older body style takes away from it.. Its hard to accept the 03-04's based on body style alone, being older.. They look great, but its a pill that must be swallowed... Some people may not want to swallow the older body style pill..
Old 11/10/05, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by MSP@November 10, 2005, 4:32 PM
Yes thats a very smart decision.. You would definatley be considered a problem as far as coming in 1st place.. But I mean in relation to the 3 above vehicles...

No doubt that a used 03-04 Cobra for about $24K is a very smart buy.. But the older body style takes away from it.. Its hard to accept the 03-04's based on body style alone, being older.. They look great, but its a pill that must be swallowed... Some people may not want to swallow the older body style pill..

I'd have to agree here, I love all mustangs...but the 05 body style is quite nice. Once you have one, it's hard to go back unless you got one from the 60's or 70's.
Old 11/10/05, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 4:26 PM

But performance speaking, this is the way to go to put some hurting on the track.
Old 11/10/05, 02:38 PM
Cam Tease

I don't get what youre saying.
When you say track do you mean race track (turns and such) or drag strip?

And if you mean course, you think this CS6 will outhandle an IRS equipped Cobra?
Old 11/10/05, 02:41 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 1:41 PM
I don't get what youre saying.
When you say track do you mean race track (turns and such) or drag strip?

And if you mean course, you think this CS6 will outhandle an IRS equipped Cobra?

Gotta read it all again AnotherMustangMan, before I respond.. Road Course is the track, not a drag strip.. Read it all again.. I said you would come in first.. LOL!! Watch out guys, he's lookin for a fight.. Might have more finals to study for..
Old 11/10/05, 02:47 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, I'm hardly looking for a fight. Just being realistic guys. Did I say anything that anyone can deny is true?
Old 11/10/05, 02:51 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 1:50 PM
Haha, I'm hardly looking for a fight. Just being realistic guys. Did I say anything that anyone can deny is true?

We are discussing 05+ body style cars with upgraded packages.. You can only compare those cars which apply.. This discussion is not about 03-04 Cobra's... Your trying bring into the discussion 03-04 Cobra's, when the topic is 05+.. You do this because you are afraid to say the CS6 must be the correct choice..

We can't deny that your off topic.. Get back on topic..

Admit it! Will you admit you want a CS6? Admit it AnotherMustangMan!!
Old 11/10/05, 02:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 3:41 PM
Yes, it will outhandle an IRS COBRA. The stock GT does that and the CS6 should do better than a stock GT.
Old 11/10/05, 03:00 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, a magazine racer! The stock GT achieves a higher slalom mph because it has a ligher aluminum block, meaning it can handle transitions faster. The slalom takes nothing into account but ability to transition on perfectly level pavement, something that doesn't show the penalties of a SRA. I dunno about you, but I have not seen a whole lot of race tracks consisting exclusively of back and forth transitions at exact 30 feet intervals. Take a stock GT and terminator to a track, and any qualified driver will tell you the Cobra handles better.
I know you guys wont buy this, as its something you have to feel rather than a number you can look at.

Despite slalom mph, the Cobra is a much better handling car.
Old 11/10/05, 03:01 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 10, 2005, 2:03 PM
Haha, a magazine racer! The stock GT achieves a higher slalom mph because it has a ligher aluminum block, meaning it can handle transitions faster. The slalom takes nothing into account but ability to transition on perfectly level pavement, something that doesn't show the penalties of a SRA. I dunno about you, but I have not seen a whole lot of race tracks consisting exclusively of back and forth transitions at exact 30 feet intervals. Take a stock GT and terminator to a track, and any qualified driver will tell you the Cobra handles better.
I know you guys wont buy this, as its something you have to feel rather than a number you can look at.

Despite slalom mph, the Cobra is a much better handling car.

My friend, why are you comparing an 03-04 Cobra to an 05+ Mustang conversation?

Quick Reply: Shelby V6?