V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Shelby V6?

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/05, 02:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 4:34 PM
I suppose you could reduce it down to a "confidence" issue, but it was always my understanding that muscle cars were about muscle...

And if, as you claim, "even the V6 will do" then why the mass orgasm over a supercharger?

I am well aware of the superiority of the S197 to the point even where V6s are better than previous generation V8 cars, and it can certainly "get the job done with 2 less cylinders." Assuming, that is, the aforementioned job description is defined as sporty transportation and destroying Civics, but if the job is worrying the self-concious 05 GT owners, I'm afraid the 6 won't be employed long.

Like I said, I love the V6 Mustang. But if looking to buy a foundation for building high-performing cars, the GT makes the V6 a foolish choice.

Supercharging a V6 makes about as much sense as buying a cloth couch for $2000, then spending the$500 to reupholster the couch with leather--risking poor fitment and wasting time in the shop-- instead of paying $2500 for the already-leather couch.

Enjoy the cloth couch, itll get the job done, but don't find a Cloth Couch Owners Forum and post an article about a formerly-cloth-but-now-leather couch and talk about how leather couch owners should worry.
Your couch math doesn't add up for me...

V6 = $22,000 + $4,000 = $26,000 = stock 05 GT performnace (or better)
GT = $27,000 + $3,000 (dealer markup) = $30,000

Savings = $4,000

And right now I look at it this way... I've got stock 05 GT performance (or better.. take a look at the stock 05 GTs that run high 13s or even 14s), personally I like the looks of the V6 better than a GT. (Have you ever heard of a GT swapping out the GT grill for V6 grill???? LOL!) and I'm paying for V6 insurance... And I have a fairly unique vehicle...
Old 11/4/05, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 4, 2005, 5:46 PM
Would this cloth couch analogy apply to 5.0 owners doing engine swaps to get 11 second runs? Why not just buy a cobra and be done with it? Why not pay SVT to build you a custom car for you.

Why?

I can tell you why, because customizing our cars is what makes them unique, what makes them ours. And we can be proud of our 13 second or 11 second “couch”. Guess what, I have news for you, there is always a faster car out there. Who would have thought a WRX or Lancer could actually get numbers like a GT stang. Take a look at the WRX, it is sick fast and I’ve been in the GT forums…..and stock GT’s are weary of it. heck, there are SUV’s now that wanna put some smack down on sports cars.

GT’s are great cars, cobra’s and V6’s, and news flash…all are good building blocks for a performance vehicle. Yes a equally modded GT will beat a equally modded 6 any day of the week, but its still really cool to take a 6 and make it faster than a stock GT for less. That is where the V6 pride comes in and I think its pretty cool!

Oh…wait…isn’t this post in the V6 section????? Who would of thought….another V6 forum troll. What a surprise to everyone here.

Click on the back button a few times, it will take you to the main forum. Just some technical support for you, perhaps you didn’t realize this post was in the V6 section.
:nono:
What do you expect, the dude drives a Taurus fercrissakes. No wonder he compares cars to couches.
Old 11/4/05, 02:50 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 1:34 PM
I suppose you could reduce it down to a "confidence" issue, but it was always my understanding that muscle cars were about muscle...

And if, as you claim, "even the V6 will do" then why the mass orgasm over a supercharger?

I am well aware of the superiority of the S197 to the point even where V6s are better than previous generation V8 cars, and it can certainly "get the job done with 2 less cylinders." Assuming, that is, the aforementioned job description is defined as sporty transportation and destroying Civics, but if the job is worrying the self-concious 05 GT owners, I'm afraid the 6 won't be employed long.

Like I said, I love the V6 Mustang. But if looking to buy a foundation for building high-performing cars, the GT makes the V6 a foolish choice.

Supercharging a V6 makes about as much sense as buying a cloth couch for $2000, then spending the$500 to reupholster the couch with leather--risking poor fitment and wasting time in the shop-- instead of paying $2500 for the already-leather couch.

Enjoy the cloth couch, itll get the job done, but don't find a Cloth Couch Owners Forum and post an article about a formerly-cloth-but-now-leather couch and talk about how leather couch owners should worry.

WOW!! Your truley afraid of the V6.. Lets examine your fear alittle more closely my new friend.. LOL!!

A close minded GT owners fears unvieled..

1. GT stock performance is 300HP--about 260RWHP..

In this aspect, sleep is very hard to come by.. This leaves you with 2 scenarios in which you must be aware.. 1 is, another GT with a Tune and a few mods..

Another is a V6 with a 100Shot of Nitrous.. Its a jungled out there now for stock GT owners.. Now some GT owners will never allow anything of this sort to take place.. These guys will invest in a Supercharger, and end the discussion never to debate or lose any sleep over the subject..

GT + Supercharger = 500HP or 475RWHP... These GT owners really like V6 owners because they are enthusiastic.. They would give anything to see a V6 beat their car, cause they know it wont happen..

On the other hand, you have a GT owner who has paid good money for his car, and feels 300HP or 260RWHP is just fine, and a V6 is the last thing on their mind..

Well, enter "Aftermarket Upgrades" for the V6... NOS with a 100shot is trouble.. A Shelby CS6 means lights out.. Various Supercharger and turbo upgrades for the V6 means, a stock GT owner must be on his toes at every stoplight in America, because 300HP V6 Mustangs exist.. They are looking for you!

So bottom line is, instead of fighting with us, why not join us.. Add a Supercharger or Turbo to your Stock GT so we can all be happy, and friends.. LOL!! Might as well!
Old 11/4/05, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 4:43 PM
Scrming,

"

all for under $35,000; it can be installed by Ford dealers on either coupes or convertibles, will carry Ford warranty, and can be financed into the cost at the time of purchase."

Hmmmm... so much for your arguement about voiding your warranty...

"

WHOA... SWEET.

For only $35,000, you get 50 hp more than the gt, AND a warranty?!?!?

I'll bet GT owners feel like idiots, paying $25k for their cars + $3k for tune/cai, 4.10 gears, pulleys, throttle body, and the $700 zex nitrous kit you seem to love so much.

oh, and way to use 35+ year old V8s as evidence of the greatness of a 2005 cars V6.
Actually you get more the 50HP... I didn't say I was going to buy one... I pointed out you can get a warranty if you are so inclined..... look at my mods... do you think i'm worried about my warranty?

Not all of use can get a GT for $25K.... When I bought my car they were more like $30K...

And in case you MISSED IT here are some current cars...

1999 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 13.9
2004 Ford Mustang GT 14.8
2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 13.5 (MT Jan 05)
2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 13.8 (MT Apr 05)

I was not using them to point out the greatness of the 05 V6... I point it out to show you that my V6 IS a peformance car...
Old 11/4/05, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jimp@November 4, 2005, 4:51 PM
What do you expect, the dude drives a Taurus fercrissakes. No wonder he compares cars to couches.

I wonder if he got the model with the built in ottoman?

Old 11/4/05, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 4, 2005, 5:00 PM
I wonder if he got the model with the built in ottoman?

Did some one say ottoman...

They call me Robert Petrie and I live in New Rochelle
With my wife Laura and son Ritchie
But now my life's a living heck cause...

I tripped over the ottoman
One too many times
Until I lost my mind

I was head writer for Alan Brady
Maybe you've seen his show
It's not very funny and it makes my ears bleed
This week's guest star isn't Danny Thomas
This week's guest star is Death!

All day long I crank out one-liners
With Buddy, Sal and Mel
Once I laughed at Buddy's jokes
But now my life's a living heck cause...

One too many times
Until I lost my mind

Morey Amsterdam can make a sane man crazy
Morey Amsterdam could make a nice guy kill
[x2] and...

One too many times
Until I lost my mind

Come here Laura; come to me
I've been up all night listening to Ice-T albums
Now it's time for you to get yours
Hello Mel! This is my friend, Mr. Chain Saw!
Hello Buddy! It's time you die, like the pig you are
In the gutter, gasping for air
This is a hand grenade, Sal
A hand grenade!
Ya know what a hand grenade does?
It EXPLODES!

What did you bring me daddy? [x3]
Well, I brought you death!

ok... completely off topic... buy hey it's Friday!!! LOL!
Old 11/4/05, 03:10 PM
Cam Tease

Responding in inverse order:

Scrming,
I said "50hp more"

Okay... i "MISSED" the current cars, because the V6 is actually slower than them...

MSP, how am I afraid of anything? I certainly don't stop-light drag in my family sedan.

Jimp, you're absolutely correct. My Taurus is INTENDED to be comfortable and couch like, and thats why you don't see me supercharging it and racing MUSCLE cars.

Scrming, a little generous with the math are you? GTs in my area routinely sell for $25k, add to that the same $700 dollar Zex kit you have, and it will waste any $25,700 V6--even one running the big 175 shot.

You're right MSP, instead of fighting the GT guys, why dont YOU join them. Listen to YOURSELF

"They (modded V6 owners) are looking for you (GT owners)!"

Then on the previous page, I forgot who said it,
Yes, customizing cars IS what makes them ours, but if the customization is supposed to result in speed or power, why not perform your customizations/modifications on the canvas most expedient to that means!

Lying to yourself and patting each other's egos with such claims as "a stock GT owner must be on his toes at every stoplight in America" is unfair to you and your cars.

Appreciate them for what they are--amazing values, incredibly cool, and terrific looking sporty coupes-- but do not pretend they are in any way the logical choice for building a high performance mustang.
Old 11/4/05, 03:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 5:13 PM
Responding in inverse order:

Scrming,
I said "50hp more"

Okay... i "MISSED" the current cars, because the V6 is actually slower than them...

MSP, how am I afraid of anything? I certainly don't stop-light drag in my family sedan.

Jimp, you're absolutely correct. My Taurus is INTENDED to be comfortable and couch like, and thats why you don't see me supercharging it and racing MUSCLE cars.

Scrming, a little generous with the math are you? GTs in my area routinely sell for $25k, add to that the same $700 dollar Zex kit you have, and it will waste any $25k V6--even one running the big 175 shot.

You're right MSP, instead of fighting the GT guys, why dont YOU join them. Listen to YOURSELF

"They (modded V6 owners) are looking for you (GT owners)!"

Then on the previous page, I forgot who said it,
Yes, customizing cars IS what makes them ours, but if the customization is supposed to result in speed or power, why not perform your customizations/modifications on the canvas most expedient to that means!
Lying to yourself and patting each other's egos with such claims as "a stock GT owner must be on his toes at every stoplight in America" is unfair to you and your cars.

Appreciate them for what they are--amazing values, incredibly cool, and terrific looking sporty coupes-- but do not pretend they are in any way the logical choice for building a high performance mustang.
As I said... when I priced GT's in my area last March they were $30,000.... (multiple dealers)

I'm mis-understood the 50HP... I thought you meant the S/C would only gain you 50HP... Now I understand... 300HP GT vs 350HP S/C V6. sorry.. my mistake...

As we all now Torque is the fun part of the equation... Here is my Torque vs a Stock 05 GT...

again... for $4,000 less...
Old 11/4/05, 03:20 PM

We are arguing with a Taurus owner here! Why bother...after all, the discuss was Shelby V6, and regardless of the price, its a way cool car...and it is a performance car.

I think we have a bored house husband on our hands!
Old 11/4/05, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 4, 2005, 5:23 PM
We are arguing with a Taurus owner here! Why bother...after all, the discuss was Shelby V6, and regardless of the price, its a way cool car...and it is a performance car.

I think we have a bored house husband on our hands!
actually last time I was at the track there was a guy there running his Taurus... LOL!

And it's not arguing with him... we're trying to enlighten him... LOL

Besides I'ma boarded husband waiting for my pregnant wife to get out of the kitchen and bring me my dinner!
Old 11/4/05, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by scrming@November 4, 2005, 5:31 PM
actually last time I was at the track there was a guy there running his Taurus... LOL!

And it's not arguing with him... we're trying to enlighten him... LOL

Besides I'ma boarded husband waiting for my pregnant wife to get out of the kitchen and bring me my dinner!

Really, now I'm curious. How was that Taurus doing? Seriously.......any idea...just cause it has 4 doors dosent mean it can't haul azz.
Old 11/4/05, 03:40 PM
Cam Tease

Can we please stop comparing a car on nitrous to a car not on nitrous?? It really is hurting your argument. Nitrous kits cost the same cash for both cars. Lemme do another hypothetical to demostrate what i mean.

Drag a stock GT and a stock V6, note ET difference ( say 1.5 seconds)
Now try again with nitrous installed on both a GT and a V6, note ET difference thist time, the GT will be roughly 2 seconds faster.

The time difference would be even bigger between the 6 and the 8.

And in response to rygenstormlocke, who cares if youre arguing with a Taurus owner here. In saying that, arent you commiting the very "opression" you V6 guys whine about? You know, the "whole judgement based on vehicle" thing.

As far as whats on your hands, I'm not sure.

But this "bored house husband" is right.

I'm actually just some high school dude afflicted by an obsession with cars and a distaste for ignorance--especially when supplemented by conviction.

I am more jealous of your cars than I am "scared" of them, but I think those of you that exceed the price disparity dividing the V6 and the GT by purchasing performance mods are, quite frankly, being stupid.

If you want a Mustang, buy any Mustang (I strongly recommend the V6)
But if you want a fast mustang with more potential to be faster--bound by budget or not-- the Mustang V6 is the choice of fools
Old 11/4/05, 03:48 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 2:43 PM
Can we please stop comparing a car on nitrous to a car not on nitrous?? It really is hurting your argument. Nitrous kits cost the same cash for both cars. Lemme do another hypothetical to demostrate what i mean.

Now try again with nitrous installed on both a GT and a V6, note ET difference thist time, the GT will be roughly 2 seconds faster.

And in response to rygenstormlocke, who cares if youre arguing with a Taurus owner here. In saying that, arent you commiting the very "opression" you V6 guys whine about? You know, the "whole judgement based on vehicle" thing.

I'm actually just some high school dude afflicted by an obsession with cars and a distaste for ignorance--especially when supplemented by conviction.

I am more jealous of your cars than I am "scared" of them, but I think those of you that exceed the price disparity dividing the V6 and the GT by purchasing performance mods are, quite frankly, being stupid.

But if you want a fast mustang with more potential to be faster--bound by budget or not-- the Mustang V6 is the choice of fools

Guys, please lets move on! We haved been suckered in again.. We must stop allowing ourselves to be suckered into meaningless arguements..

So what was it I like about the Shelby CS6 again? .. Its a V6 right!... Rock 'on!! V6 Power for the Insane!! :worship:
Old 11/4/05, 03:50 PM

Yea, I wish we knew more about it. Handling options, and other upgrades they may have thrown in.
Old 11/4/05, 03:55 PM
Cam Tease

Alright, alright.

I guess I'll go back to my Taurus and Couch Owners forums...
Old 11/4/05, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 5:43 PM

That's the part you are not understanding... WE KNOW THAT MOD FOR MOD A GT WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER/FASTER... Hence we will continue to compare a V6 on Nitrous/SC/Turbo to a STOCK GT...

And I see like most of the closed minded people you have to resort to name calling... "being stupid" and "choice of fools".

The fact is I have a FAST Mustang... and it has the potential to go a lot faster.... and all for only $26,000.... What the going price for a Premium GT these days... I mean MSRP? $27K or or $28K...
Old 11/4/05, 04:19 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, no I dont think you guys are THAT stupid. I know youre aware that mod-for-mod the V6 doesnt stand a chance. Thats why I want to know why you getting so passionate about modding your economy-minded version of a muscle car so you can startle some guy driving a GT? IF they actually care, they will go out and buy an intake and tune for $400 and you'll be left "on the prowl" for other stock GTs. How does that give you satifaction?

Btw, I employ name-calling because Im an immature kid, but I defeat your arguments with well-reasoned logic.

Oh well, like I said, I've got a couch to reupholster.
Old 11/4/05, 04:27 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@November 4, 2005, 3:22 PM
Haha, no I dont think you guys are THAT stupid. I know youre aware that mod-for-mod the V6 doesnt stand a chance. Thats why I want to know why you getting so passionate about modding your economy-minded version of a muscle car so you can startle some guy driving a GT? IF they actually care, they will go out and buy an intake and tune for $400 and you'll be left "on the prowl" for other stock GTs. How does that give you satifaction?

Btw, I employ name-calling because Im an immature kid, but I defeat your arguments with well-reasoned logic.

Oh well, like I said, I've got a couch to reupholster.
Actually your right about how you describe yourself.. Which is why wasting time with you is wrong to begin with.. Your comments dont appear logical to people which understand the position from which you state them.. You state them from a position of owning nothing, which means, any of your opinions, thoughts concepts mean nothing.. Basically a waste of good posting space..
Old 11/4/05, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 4, 2005, 5:35 PM
Really, now I'm curious. How was that Taurus doing? Seriously.......any idea...just cause it has 4 doors dosent mean it can't haul azz.
The guy was taking it easy because he was getting ready to sell it... but I guess it was really good at bracket racing... LOL!
Old 11/4/05, 04:56 PM
Cam Tease

DANG! Now ownership of "something" validates the worth of ones opinions???

Wait...what about Frederick Douglass?

Haha, jk I'll stay "on topic."

Though Im fully aware of my own immaturity, I would not neccesarily consider any dialogue with me as a waste of time. My comments would appear logical to anyone who is not trying to justify what they subconciously know was a bad decision.

Though, why listen to me, I state them form the position of owning nothing. Apparently my considerable mental capacity either escapes you or fails to qualify as "something." I would rather hear the opinions of an intelligent man than those of a wealthy one.

As far as your judgement of my comments as "a waste of good posting space(is such a thing practiceably finite?) " nothing is as much a waste as the oxymoronic "V6 Performance" forum.

I'll leave you to your group sessions of buyer's remorse denial. Keep patting each other's backs, the need for such affirmation is apparent.

But really, I MUST go pick up that leather from the upholstery store, those GT owners better be on their toes. My raging bull* is on the road.

*Raging Bull-Allusion to the stroked/blown Taurus

Quick Reply: Shelby V6?