Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 5/20/16, 01:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I had to re-grease my front sway bar bushings last night. The squeaking was getting to be embarrassing. Grease gun didn't work. Had to take the darn brackets off.

Tried to fit a full day detail in to one night. I think it came out pretty good. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
I had to undo the front bolts; grease gun didn't work for mine either. Idk what my shop used for grease, but it obviously washed away in the rain we had the last few months. The synthetic grease is supposed to hold up to wet weather better. And BMR doesn't recommend anything for the spherical joint, which I found odd. Looking around online, I saw people say to spray with lithium grease - sure enough, I sprayed them both down and rotated them around until they were 100% silent. Let's see how long that lasts.

It was quite embarrassing being at the track, with my car sounding like a 1950s farm truck with 300k miles on it
Old 5/20/16, 08:15 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Last Sunday at the All ford show at Apple Ford Shokopee. 2016 Apple Ford Shakopee All Ford Show - YouTube
Love that GoPro too, Mark. Nicely done.

Originally Posted by Scott2
Tuesday night went to the Highway 11 Cruisers season opener show and shine.

Lean, mean, centri-blown machine

Originally Posted by Gabe
I like it. It's fairly fast, the paddles kinda suck but the standard programming in just plain Drive is pretty **** good, it snaps shifts.
Quick trip to Mexico, got it up to about 115
Seats are uncomfortable though, and it squeaks in all kinds of places
All those squeaks even for a new Vette? That's bad eh?
Old 5/20/16, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

All those squeaks even for a new Vette? That's bad eh?
12k miles on a 1-year old Corvette that has a broken traction-control-disable button.
This thing's been ridden hard and is getting put away wet every time.
The squeaks from the roof panel apparently is a nuisance that's affecting a lot of Vettes ... dealerships don't have a fix, which sucks cuz it's quite annoying.
I'm not getting tired of flooring it and having it snap shifts like crazy while bellowing out an awesome soundtrack from the exhaust pipes though

Last edited by Gabe; 5/20/16 at 09:58 AM.
Old 5/20/16, 12:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
12k miles on a 1-year old Corvette that has a broken traction-control-disable button.
The squeaks from the roof panel apparently is a nuisance that's affecting a lot of Vettes ... dealerships don't have a fix, which sucks cuz it's quite annoying.
I'm not getting tired of flooring it and having it snap shifts like crazy while bellowing out an awesome soundtrack from the exhaust pipes though
Glad you're having fun though, Gabe. Enjoy your vacation and your new fiance. Congrats btw buddy.

Speaking of glorious sounds:

Ok... exhaust setup is complete. I just sat at the shop over lunch while they fabbed up the restrictor plates and put it in.

Omg... NOW my Kooks set up is done. She's perrrrrrrfect. We went with a 3/8" opening. That's the right amount. Growl from the sides, proper breathing front to back - headers to Corsas. It just sounds completely bad a**. Pics and vids this weekend I hope.
Old 5/20/16, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok... exhaust setup is complete. I just sat at the shop over lunch while they fabbed up the restrictor plates and put it in.

Omg... NOW my Kooks set up is done. She's perrrrrrrfect. We went with a 3/8" opening. That's the right amount. Growl from the sides, proper breathing front to back - headers to Corsas. It just sounds completely bad a**. Pics and vids this weekend I hope.
Looking forward to hearing it.
Old 5/20/16, 02:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
That's awesome. And that's not even the supercharged version. LOL
I do believe there is a fix for the roof. I think I saw something on it on the corvette forum I belong to. It was a "sticky post". Enjoy your vacation!

Cannot wait. I'm sure it sounds bad ***!
Old 5/20/16, 03:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Decided I just couldn't put stock followers in my Foxlake heads with high lift L&M cams.

Name:  20160520_153154_resized_zpso0ecpdxs.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  97.4 KB
Old 5/20/16, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
That's awesome. And that's not even the supercharged version. LOL
I do believe there is a fix for the roof. I think I saw something on it on the corvette forum I belong to. It was a "sticky post". Enjoy your vacation!

I made 2 WOT videos just for you, lol.
They're on my camera so I'll upload them once we get back home, mid-week next week.
Old 5/20/16, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed a MBRP 3" race catback exhaust on my 2016 GT. It really woke up this car, the stock resonator and exhaust is not only extremely heavy it also chokes allot of life out of the 5.0. Overall I'm happy with the purchase, I really wanted a Borla sport system but not at the $1300 but for under $600 I can't complain.
Old 5/21/16, 04:53 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Thursday afternoon drama with mine.

I was headed to a cruise, top down. Just before I got off Rt 80 I heard a loud noise over the blasting stereo and just knew something hit my windshield. Sho' 'nuff I got a BB type chip on the passenger side about half the size of a dime. No cracks and it can be repaired. Have an appointment today.

But it didn't end there. Several minutes later I was coming over Hackettstown Mountain. I decelerated to under 30 because the local police hide out at the bottom to catch speeders coming into town. I had just downshifted when a large bear cub, maybe 150 lbs, ran out into my lane. I slammed my brakes, missed him by a couple of yards, and he did a 180 and headed back to the woods. Scared the crap out of both of us.
Old 5/21/16, 06:01 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14

I was headed to a cruise, top down. Just before I got off Rt 80 I heard a loud noise over the blasting stereo and just knew something hit my windshield. Sho' 'nuff I got a BB type chip on the passenger side about half the size of a dime. No cracks and it can be repaired. Have an appointment today.

But it didn't end there. Several minutes later I was coming over Hackettstown Mountain. I decelerated to under 30 because the local police hide out at the bottom to catch speeders coming into town. I had just downshifted when a large bear cub, maybe 150 lbs, ran out into my lane. I slammed my brakes, missed him by a couple of yards, and he did a 180 and headed back to the woods. Scared the crap out of both of us.
Some days it seriously seems the world is out to get our cars.
Old 5/21/16, 09:59 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

I made 2 WOT videos just for you, lol.
They're on my camera so I'll upload them once we get back home, mid-week next week.
NICE!!!
Thanks bro!

Always something Tom. Sorry about the windshield.
Old 5/21/16, 10:06 AM
FR500 Member

Always something Tom. Sorry about the windshield.
Whatcha gonna do? Hit shappens.
Old 5/21/16, 02:31 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Whatcha gonna do? Hit shappens.
Very true sir.
A least you'll have a nice new windshield now.
Old 5/21/16, 04:33 PM
FR500 Member

Very true sir.
A least you'll have a nice new windshield now.
Luckily they were able to repair it...it was a BB type impact (glass industry term) and they were able to inject resin into the area and preserve the structural integrity of the glass. You can still see the mark but it looks much better. Because it was a repair vs. replacement my insurance company paid and waived the deductible. And it's not within my vision range so I'm happy.

Had the glass required replacement I would have had to foot the whole bill since I have $1K deductible. OEM glass with the Mustang logo in the upper center (which is what I'd have gone for) is much more than aftermarket glass.
Old 5/21/16, 04:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Glad you were safe Tom I also have a windshield repair looming. I took a stone off of a construction vehicle.
Old 5/21/16, 04:42 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Glad you were safe Tom I also have a windshield repair looming. I took a stone off of a construction vehicle.
Catch it before it spreads. Like the clap.
Old 5/21/16, 05:00 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Been out for a while and you guys have posted some very nice shots!

Love the pics Darren!

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I took mine out for a scenic drive with my friends today.
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Woke up at 5am to go to Cars & Coffee this morning. This one's for you Coyote5-0.

Originally Posted by Greyeagle

And a bunch of others. Thanks, very nice. What keeps me coming back!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 5/21/16 at 05:09 PM.
Old 5/21/16, 05:29 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Been out for a while and you guys have posted some very nice shots!

And a bunch of others. Thanks, very nice. What keeps me coming back!
This^^^^^

There are some seriously righteous Mustangs on this forum. I wish I knew how to Photoshop. I'd put as many of our cars as possible into a nice background, kind of a virtual cruise nite.
Old 5/21/16, 06:16 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Went on my first mustang cruise. Was an absolute blast. This is all I've got now for pics. Have several hundred more on my camera to go through.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_20160521_121410570.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_20160521_155758.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_20160521_151021200.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?