Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/16, 10:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SplitSecond
Blah, black wheels look terrible on DIB.
Disagree.

Drove her around looking for a new DD. No luck. Then gave her a much needed bath tonight while being eaten alive by mosquitoes.
Old 6/12/16, 12:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I drove around the city from graduation party to graduation party with the family. Lots of tacos and cake to eat.
Old 6/12/16, 06:08 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Disagree.

Drove her around looking for a new DD. No luck. Then gave her a much needed bath tonight while being eaten alive by mosquitoes.
Originally Posted by GrnT
I drove around the city from graduation party to graduation party with the family. Lots of tacos and cake to eat.
What's up guys! In Des Moines this weekend but missed out on car shows again. What did you getting Nathan???
Old 6/12/16, 07:49 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Installed the Roush toolbox to my trunk lid yesterday. Did not get that when I order the car and been kicking myself since. Kinda pricey but had to have it, especially since it is a Roush build. It was a very simple install.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-image.jpeg  
Old 6/12/16, 10:23 AM

They were EVERYWHERE yesterday.
Originally Posted by FromZto5
What's up guys! In Des Moines this weekend but missed out on car shows again. What did you getting Nathan???
Looking at SHOs and Focus STs. Found a really nice SHO, was ford certified with 62k miles, but was sold before I could get to the dealer. Test drove one a couple months back and they're SO nice to drive. Tons of power and super comfy. I don't want an SUV. I prefer being closer to the road. I'd love a WRX as well, but those are a good $5k out of my budget.
Old 6/12/16, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
They were EVERYWHERE yesterday.

Looking at SHOs and Focus STs. Found a really nice SHO, was ford certified with 62k miles, but was sold before I could get to the dealer. Test drove one a couple months back and they're SO nice to drive. Tons of power and super comfy. I don't want an SUV. I prefer being closer to the road. I'd love a WRX as well, but those are a good $5k out of my budget.
A friend just got rid of his SHO.
Fun car and his would be an awesome one to own.
It was a black '13 with an intake and a Livernois tune , and he's super meticulous and always cleaning his cars.
He traded it in a couple of months ago so it probably has a new owner already though ...

Last edited by Gabe; 6/12/16 at 11:24 AM.
Old 6/12/16, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe
A friend just got rid of his SHO.
Fun car and his would be an awesome one to own.
It was a black '13 with an intake and a Livernois tune , and he's super meticulous and always cleaning his cars.
He traded it in a couple of months ago so it probably has a new owner already though ...
I'd love one like that! The '13+ are **** good looking cars. I'm looking at '12 and below though. Only '13s that are in my price range are super high mileage.
Old 6/13/16, 12:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I know I'm gonna get slammed for this but I NEED to have sauce on any of my BBQ! I like to even have a bowl of extra sauce on the side to dip each bite into.
That's because you're a ****ing yankee.

Old 6/13/16, 12:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
twins are always fun! I have v-twin LOL

-I'm about to take my car to the gym for a leg workout.
-I'm also considering buying a set of black wheels for my car too, as a part time alternative to my chrome ones. on my way home today, from up country, i passed a red/blk mustang with black supersnake wheels. i've been considering them for some time. might sell my older gt500 pp wheels with the invos to pay for them.
I'm selling a set of Forgestar CF10's off a friend's Shelby. I can't use them so I need to try and move them. I can give you the #'s if you're interested in the style.
Old 6/13/16, 05:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Changed the cabin air filter and engine air filter...
Buy & K&N they only wash & go never buy another one, my son bought me one for Christmas <br >
Old 6/14/16, 12:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's back!

Today I got my Mustang out from the shop. Last weekend sucked without my car and seeing all of the toys everyone brings out on nice days.

My car was in the shop because I hit a big bump and a vacuum line fell off. Back on the road now though!

Last edited by skrudumra; 6/14/16 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 6/14/16, 06:28 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Drove it to Starbucks and right back! It's my lazy day
Old 6/14/16, 04:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
I had the regular MkIII Focus (SE) with a manual. It was a good little car, nimble and could get out of its own way fine, but too soft and rubbery for my tastes.

If the ST is anything like our Mazdaspeed 3, I don't think you'll be disappointed though. That little sucker is razor sharp and the boost will throw you back into your seat for small stints. Not a V8, but plenty of fun. Speaking of which, I'd highly recommend test driving a Speed 3 before pulling the trigger on a ST.

Also keep in mind the cargo space in those little cars are limited. Less than the Mustang in some ways.
Old 6/14/16, 05:19 PM

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Originally Posted by Cavero
I had the regular MkIII Focus (SE) with a manual. It was a good little car, nimble and could get out of its own way fine, but too soft and rubbery for my tastes.

If the ST is anything like our Mazdaspeed 3, I don't think you'll be disappointed though. That little sucker is razor sharp and the boost will throw you back into your seat for small stints. Not a V8, but plenty of fun. Speaking of which, I'd highly recommend test driving a Speed 3 before pulling the trigger on a ST.

Also keep in mind the cargo space in those little cars are limited. Less than the Mustang in some ways.
I've looked for mazdaspeeds, and they're few and far between. Only ones I can find are super high mileage. I've also thought about a G8 GT but there's none for sale anywhere near here. Looking at some fusions now. There's just really not that much out there right now. Even the STs are about $19k for a base used one when you can get a brand new one for $22.5k.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 6/14/16 at 05:20 PM.
Old 6/14/16, 05:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've looked for mazdaspeeds, and they're few and far between. Only ones I can find are super high mileage. I've also thought about a G8 GT but there's none for sale anywhere near here. Looking at some fusions now. There's just really not that much out there right now. Even the STs are about $19k for a base used one when you can get a brand new one for $22.5k.
I ****ing hated the mazdaspeed I had. Sold it nine months after I bought it new. Hated it. I saw no appreciable push-back from the turbo, even above 3500 RPM. It was poorly assembled, rattled within a month, was not nearly as responsive as a mini I test-drove at the same time. Just my opinion, but I think you can do better.
Old 6/14/16, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I ****ing hated the mazdaspeed I had. Sold it nine months after I bought it new. Hated it. I saw no appreciable push-back from the turbo, even above 3500 RPM. It was poorly assembled, rattled within a month, was not nearly as responsive as a mini I test-drove at the same time. Just my opinion, but I think you can do better.
Well, I'm not actively looking for one, but thanks.
Old 6/14/16, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
What year was it? Our 2012 doesn't have any of those problems
Old 6/14/16, 08:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I've been looking at fusions also as a 4th car. I feel like I'm to picky and there's just no good deals on used cars right now. I would also like a Subaru as winters can get bad sometimes here. AWD what ever it is. $$$$
Old 6/15/16, 07:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I'd love one like that! The '13+ are **** good looking cars. I'm looking at '12 and below though. Only '13s that are in my price range are super high mileage.
There are a few SHO's around here for the mid 20's with decent mileage on them around here. I know it may sound sort of dumb, but if it is in your budget it is only a couple hundred dollars to ship a car from one place to the next. I was quote about $400-600 to ship my non running car from NY to MD, $125 if it was running. Maybe that would allow you to open your search area a bit more?

I would love a G8 GT or a Chevy SS and do a full Holden conversion on it. That would be amazing!! Then I think about do I really need a 400+Hp RWD car that I would use in the winter and day dream about an RS instead.
Old 6/15/16, 08:04 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I've been looking at fusions also as a 4th car. I feel like I'm to picky and there's just no good deals on used cars right now. I would also like a Subaru as winters can get bad sometimes here. AWD what ever it is. $$$$
Guys... don't cave in to Fusions!!! If DD is the intent, go with an Accord, etc (if you must have a sedan). I dunno, I tend to turn towards Honda if I want everyday usability and reliability. But before you jump down my throat, yes I know that there is ZERO fun in those cars - it will be purely an appliance for you. A reliable appliance, that is.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?