Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 4/5/19, 02:47 PM
  #11761  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Stage_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 9, 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,159
Received 406 Likes on 369 Posts
Awesome stuff guys!!!!
Warmer days are coming.
Stage_3 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
VidPro (4/7/19)
Old 4/5/19, 04:02 PM
  #11762  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,658
Likes: 0
Received 394 Likes on 357 Posts
Didn't do anything today with mine but I got this in the mail!
What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo53.jpg
Mustang Freak is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
Cavero (4/7/19), Stage_3 (4/6/19)
Old 4/6/19, 07:24 PM
  #11763  
GTR Member
 
Gabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 7, 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 4,926
Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
Got the oil/filter changes done on both cars, brake fluid flush on the wife's GT500, swapped her stock wheels back on (she likes to start out driving on the stock wheels every year until the roads are fixed up somewhat), and installed a new battery in her car.
We both took them out for a short 10-15-minute drive, and danm I missed driving this car!!!




Gabe is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/7/19)
Old 4/7/19, 08:14 PM
  #11764  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
Cavero's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 13, 2006
Posts: 2,255
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Brake job (all 4 wheels). Probably spent way too much $$$ for stock brake replacements but they do look pretty good...


Cavero is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Cavero:
dbpbandit (4/17/19), Stage_3 (4/8/19)
Old 4/8/19, 05:59 AM
  #11765  
Mach 1 Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 8, 2014
Location: Near Boston
Posts: 904
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Yesterday I wanted to put my black 5.0 fender emblems back on and had to halt the job because at the two pin holes for the emblem alignment there is a slight drip/pooling of paint or clear. I can see how they thought that would be easily covered by the 5.0 badges but they're not covering them enough for my OCD. Sooooo...I thought great opportunity so do something else and add a couple of tri-bar running ponies...preferably a matte black pony. Anyone here have a good source for emblems? I found these on Amazon, but they look cheap and the paint looks sloppy. Maybe just the running pony instead?

VidPro is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/8/19)
Old 4/8/19, 08:52 PM
  #11766  
GTR Member
 
Gabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 7, 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 4,926
Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post
Yesterday I wanted to put my black 5.0 fender emblems back on and had to halt the job because at the two pin holes for the emblem alignment there is a slight drip/pooling of paint or clear. I can see how they thought that would be easily covered by the 5.0 badges but they're not covering them enough for my OCD. Sooooo...I thought great opportunity so do something else and add a couple of tri-bar running ponies...preferably a matte black pony. Anyone here have a good source for emblems? I found these on Amazon, but they look cheap and the paint looks sloppy. Maybe just the running pony instead?

...
https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-fen...013/p/EMRH11L/
Gabe is offline  
The following users liked this post:
VidPro (4/9/19)
Old 4/9/19, 06:31 AM
  #11767  
Mach 1 Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 8, 2014
Location: Near Boston
Posts: 904
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks and ordered. I may try and paint them matte black once I see how they look.
VidPro is offline  
Old 4/11/19, 06:37 AM
  #11768  
Mach 1 Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 8, 2014
Location: Near Boston
Posts: 904
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Just checked out the CJ Pony parts delivery and the emblems are quality. Now how to paint just the pony and other chrome parts and make it look just as good.
VidPro is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/11/19)
Old 4/11/19, 07:26 AM
  #11769  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,335
Received 288 Likes on 259 Posts
I changed the oil in the engine and supercharger, along with air and oil filters yesterday.
SpectreH is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/11/19)
Old 4/12/19, 07:18 AM
  #11770  
I Have No Life
 
FromZto5's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2011
Posts: 10,107
Received 168 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH View Post
I changed the oil in the engine and supercharger, along with air and oil filters yesterday.



What's up man... long time.

Isn't this the 2nd time you've changed oil in your blower? How many miles total on your ride? I've had my Magna now for over 5 years. Granted, only 17k on the vehicle itself. But if I recall, Magna doesn't require oil changes for a long time. I wonder why yours is different. Maybe it's a Pro vs Magna thing...
FromZto5 is offline  
Old 4/13/19, 08:02 AM
  #11771  
GTR Member
 
GrnT's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2008
Location: Apple Valley Mn.
Posts: 5,722
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts
I've been driving my car all winter. I've had many trying times. No accidents as of yet.
****ing snow go away please.
GrnT is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/14/19)
Old 4/14/19, 07:41 AM
  #11772  
Mach 1 Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 8, 2014
Location: Near Boston
Posts: 904
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT View Post
I've been driving my car all winter. I've had many trying times. No accidents as of yet.
****ing snow go away please.
I used to drive my 2000 GT once in a while in the snow (not on purpose - got caught in it) when I knew I was gonna trade her in. Hated every minute of it. Seemed like two flakes could fall and she would slide around and me screaming the F word every 30 seconds. LOL!
VidPro is offline  
Old 4/14/19, 07:43 AM
  #11773  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Stage_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 9, 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,159
Received 406 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT View Post
I've been driving my car all winter. I've had many trying times. No accidents as of yet.
****ing snow go away please.
Do you still drive it in the snow as well Mark??
I see you guys are still getting hammered with snow. Horrible!!
Stage_3 is offline  
Old 4/14/19, 10:04 AM
  #11774  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,335
Received 288 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5 View Post
What's up man... long time.

Isn't this the 2nd time you've changed oil in your blower? How many miles total on your ride? I've had my Magna now for over 5 years. Granted, only 17k on the vehicle itself. But if I recall, Magna doesn't require oil changes for a long time. I wonder why yours is different. Maybe it's a Pro vs Magna thing...
ProCharger recommends 5-6K oil changes, so I change the oil at 5K intervals at the same time I change the engine oil and filter. So far, that's been 13 oil changes in it. So far, close to 60K miles on the ProCharger. It's CVT belt went bad when it had about 40K on it, but it was still within warranty. They rebuilt the entire unit - bearings, seals, etc because they wanted to make sure I didn't have any future problems. Great customer service.
SpectreH is offline  
Old 4/15/19, 04:41 AM
  #11775  
GTR Member
 
Gabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 7, 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 4,926
Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
Yesterday. Flushed the brake fluid in my Mustang. Fresh Motul RBF600 in, removing the fluid that I put in at the end of 2016. A little overdue for this stuff.

Old and new:






And the old stuff, after the flush was done. Can see some of the fresh stuff still in the tubing going to the jar, nice color difference:


Last edited by Gabe; 4/15/19 at 04:10 PM.
Gabe is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/15/19)
Old 4/15/19, 09:07 AM
  #11776  
Bullitt Member
 
Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2016
Location: Maine, or eastern Canada
Posts: 342
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
I drove in snow last week. It's raining and melting fast today, but there's still a forecast for snow flurries overnight. I'll keep snow tires on and winter ballast in the trunk at least another week or two.
Sarge is offline  
Old 4/15/19, 02:19 PM
  #11777  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Stage_3's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 9, 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 8,159
Received 406 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Yesterday. Flushed the brake fluid in my Mustang. Fresh Motul RBF600 in, removing the fluid that I put in at the end of 2016. A little overdue for this stuff.

Old and new:





And the old stuff, after the flush was done. Can see some of the fresh stuff still in the tubing going to the jar, nice color difference:

Pictures not showing up Gabe?? Probably the site acting up again. lol


Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I drove in snow last week. It's raining and melting fast today, but there's still a forecast for snow flurries overnight. I'll keep snow tires on and winter ballast in the trunk at least another week or two.
That sucks it's still snowing up there. Be safe man!
Stage_3 is offline  
Old 4/17/19, 01:58 PM
  #11778  
Member
 
J2KinFLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 11, 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove her for the first time

I dove my 01 GT convertible to work and back, first ride since making her mine.
J2KinFLA is offline  
Old 4/17/19, 02:56 PM
  #11779  
V6 Member
 
dbpbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 7, 2017
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 54
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Today is the first, really nice day we have had here in a long time. I drove my Mustang to work today but going to take the long, winding, back roads home tonight. Also, it's National Mustang Day!
dbpbandit is offline  
Old 4/18/19, 12:29 AM
  #11780  
Cobra R Member
 
shaneyusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 7, 2013
Location: Boise ID
Posts: 1,583
Received 151 Likes on 136 Posts
Been raining every day since April 1st. We have already exceeded our average of 1.42", with 1.57" in the first 15 days. Yesterday and today were finally nice and looks like it will be good until Friday night. You know Easter weekend it always has to be stormy, and it looks nasty. Been driving the car and enjoying every minute of it. Finally burned off that first tank of winter storage fuel. Now it is ready to start using the Trackey! Let summer begin.
shaneyusa is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (4/18/19)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.