Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=178771
have you guys seen this yet?
Old 12/17/07, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn

I haven't seen the Pontiac yet. I just wonder what $4 / gal. gas is going to do to all of the pony cars. I remember the early 70's during the oil embargo. That's why the wife and I had to buy a 74 Mustang II with it's 90 hp 2.3 (4) banger.
Scott
Old 12/17/07, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Drilling into each other!..........Sounds like theres some issues besides age going on here!!...Must have been something going on at Stangstock 07 that I didn't hear about... :gay:Tail pipe packin'..........
You sure talk the talk, I'm guessing you walk the walk too! Maybe you're over-compensating for your lack of security in sexuality with all of these hot avatars lately?

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Tom...I'll give you first shot. I'll clean up what you leave behind!!
Scotty.
My pleasure pops...... sloppy 2nds are all yours!
Old 12/18/07, 01:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
You sure talk the talk, I'm guessing you walk the walk too! Maybe you're over-compensating for your lack of security in sexuality with all of these hot avatars lately?

My pleasure pops...... sloppy 2nds are all yours!
Hey guy's you know I'm just funnin' ya!....And by the way Tom whats this secret mod all about !.... heres my wrong guesses, glass top roof, Take off the charger, go forged internal's and twin turbo or dump the Stang and get a Challenger because you've been pullin' wood ever since you got a taste of those Hemispherical chambers in your new SUV!
Old 12/18/07, 01:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I haven't seen the Pontiac yet. I just wonder what $4 / gal. gas is going to do to all of the pony cars. I remember the early 70's during the oil embargo. That's why the wife and I had to buy a 74 Mustang II with it's 90 hp 2.3 (4) banger.
Scott
I think you're right Scott friggin gas prices may kill the muscle wars this time before they ever get off the ground! Seeing that bird on the hood brought back a lot of memory's. In 1977 I purchased a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am, Canary Yellow. Had A 390 in it with Auto tranny. I installed a B&M shift kit and spent the next four summers, when I was home from School at a little 1/4 mile track in Terre Haute In, I still wish I had that car!
Old 12/18/07, 05:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guy's you know I'm just funnin' ya!....And by the way Tom whats this secret mod all about !.... heres my wrong guesses, glass top roof, Take off the charger, go forged internal's and twin turbo or dump the Stang and get a Challenger because you've been pullin' wood ever since you got a taste of those Hemispherical chambers in your new SUV!
We know you're just funnin' us.... Regarding your guesses, they're all wrong. And no, no Hemi in the Mustang. Although it does have good torque, I think my car would still out run it, without leaving 3rd gear LOL.

I think you're right Scott friggin gas prices may kill the muscle wars this time before they ever get off the ground! Seeing that bird on the hood brought back a lot of memory's. In 1977 I purchased a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am, Canary Yellow. Had A 390 in it with Auto tranny. I installed a B&M shift kit and spent the next four summers, when I was home from School at a little 1/4 mile track in Terre Haute In, I still wish I had that car!
Dang they had cars when you were in school?? WOW wouldn't have guessed that! I know for FACT they didn't have cars when 70MACH1OWNER was in school.

By the way, whoever guesses my next potential mod wins a free Xmas turkey.
Old 12/18/07, 05:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

By the way, whoever guesses my next potential mod wins a free Xmas turkey. [/quote]

My first car...

Okay back to this guessing your next mod. Going back to when you started this you said you were working with Brenspeed and that I already had this mod. Are these correct statments to start off with again?
Scott
Old 12/18/07, 05:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

By the way, whoever guesses my next potential mod wins a free Xmas turkey.

My first car...

Okay back to this guessing your next mod. Going back to when you started this you said you were working with Brenspeed and that I already had this mod. Are these correct statments to start off with again?
Scott[/quote]

Yes that is correct. Although it is a mod for me, it is not a mod for you. All other hints given previously still apply.

Don't try too hard, I don't want you to get a headache.
Old 12/18/07, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Scott
it is kinda sad. The v-8 stangs have never gotten better mpg's than they are now and I believe they could do better. So sad, the last camaro they put out was getting 30mpg's on the highway, according to my bro in law who has a 6speed stick.
Why can't ferd put a 6 speed in the stangs. I would guess with a overdrive unit on our cars now we would see over 30. but oh well
Old 12/18/07, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to guess that Tom is considering a manual to auto tranny conversion. That would be drastic, not on Brenspeeds site, Scott has one, most chicks nowadays don't like manuals and it is a personal preferance as much as a mod.
Old 12/18/07, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
I am going to guess that Tom is considering a manual to auto tranny conversion. That would be drastic, not on Brenspeeds site, Scott has one, most chicks nowadays don't like manuals and it is a personal preferance as much as a mod.

Dang gone Ben I bet your correct. I couldn't think of what he might be considering but I believe you got a Xmas turkey coming your way.

Scott
Old 12/18/07, 09:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
it is kinda sad. The v-8 stangs have never gotten better mpg's than they are now and I believe they could do better. So sad, the last camaro they put out was getting 30mpg's on the highway, according to my bro in law who has a 6speed stick.
Why can't ferd put a 6 speed in the stangs. I would guess with a overdrive unit on our cars now we would see over 30. but oh well
Glenn , Thank the bean counters 6 speeds cost more bucks! As far as gas mileage I averaged a solid 28 MPG on my last 220 mile road trip, and that was running between 80-90 mile an hour. the only engine mods C&L CAI, Steeda UDP's and Steeda headers!....
Old 12/18/07, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Bullitt muffler, Fords new magic muffler! they claim it will make the 4.6 sound like a 390 GT ....and they only want 580.00 a pair for them...
Attached Images  
Old 12/18/07, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming

BINGO! I've been researching on other sites just so you turkeys wouldn't know, or atleast would have to work to find out. But Ben you are exactly right, everything you said above fits my hints (which if I do say so myself, were pretty clever ).

Possibly swapping transmissions to a 5R55S or a beefed up version of one. BUT, totally undecided at this point because I do enjoy driving a manual. What started the whole idea is a performance clutch and flywheel combo will set me back around $600-$700 plus labor; where as I can get a complete 5R trans, shifter, computer, etc. for around $1000 (used with ~10,000 miles; not new of course).

Anyway, that's what I'm debating on. Hey Ben send me your paypal address, I'll send you funds for a turkey!
Old 12/18/07, 09:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The Bullitt muffler, Fords new magic muffler! they claim it will make the 4.6 sound like a 390 GT ....and they only want 580.00 a pair for them...

Yeah right....... if Ford really thinks that, then they've been sniffing too much exhaust fumes! Ain't nothing gonna make these cars sound like the 390 GT in Bullitt.
Old 12/18/07, 11:13 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
BINGO! I've been researching on other sites just so you turkeys wouldn't know, or atleast would have to work to find out. But Ben you are exactly right, everything you said above fits my hints (which if I do say so myself, were pretty clever ).

Possibly swapping transmissions to a 5R55S or a beefed up version of one. BUT, totally undecided at this point because I do enjoy driving a manual. What started the whole idea is a performance clutch and flywheel combo will set me back around $600-$700 plus labor; where as I can get a complete 5R trans, shifter, computer, etc. for around $1000 (used with ~10,000 miles; not new of course).

Anyway, that's what I'm debating on. Hey Ben send me your paypal address, I'll send you funds for a turkey!

Auto's are for wussy's who let their wifes drive their cars
Old 12/18/07, 11:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah right....... if Ford really thinks that, then they've been sniffing too much exhaust fumes! Ain't nothing gonna make these cars sound like the 390 GT in Bullitt.
You know that and I know that, but thats how there advertising these!
Old 12/18/07, 11:24 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
For those who would like to see what Tom is getting into:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=97933

If you think it will run you a grand ,you might as well double that figure with all the smaller items you will need
Shifter, new console, all the little things etc.etc.

save yourself a big headache and buy a clutch and be done with it.
Old 12/18/07, 03:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats to Ben!!!
That would quite an undertaking I would think. If you solely make you decision based on dollars I would think a new clutch,pressure plate and flywheel would still be much cheaper. The install time for each would be similiar. But I also think the transmission crossmember and radiator are also different in an auto trans car. I believe the auto trans cars have a trans fluid cooler in the radiator. However on the plus side your track times would improve greatly and you could do something else with your right hand besides always having it on your stick. I think Darrell must like that position.
Scott
Old 12/18/07, 03:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Any sound clips out there anywhere??

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread