Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/07, 06:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
I'm very interested in the NSR Cams from Brent too. I may go that route (instead of the Saleen) and just stick with the 75 shot. Maybe with a C&L Racer and a Throttle Body I might get close to 400 RWHP on the Giggle Juice. Maybe have Brent tweak the tune for a 100 shot.

Hi Ben...Long time no posts! I just emailed Brenspeeds about quoting me a price to install these cams and do a customs dyno tune in late January or February. Maybe we can get a package deal. I am really serious about these puppies. You know we have some pull up there. We know the Brenspeed poster child!
Scott
Old 12/12/07, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scott,
Read on your shaft install about the diff fluid. If you actually lost that much, I'd top it off.

Good idea about mating your Prochamber to the H pipe. If you need an extra to practice, you can have my straight-thru one. I'll not be needing it
I'll see how the setup sounds with the GTA's on mine before I look @ the Prochamber.
Old 12/12/07, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
Read on your shaft install about the diff fluid. If you actually lost that much, I'd top it off.

Good idea about mating your Prochamber to the H pipe. If you need an extra to practice, you can have my straight-thru one. I'll not be needing it
I'll see how the setup sounds with the GTA's on mine before I look @ the Prochamber.

Larry,
I am going to check the differential fluid level while the car is up in the air. I have a need to know if it's low. Got a link to those headers bolts??
Scott
Old 12/12/07, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
You know we have some pull up there. We know the Brenspeed poster child!
Scott

Who's that? Darrell???

Actually I may be talking to Brent soon about a little project that I've been debating.....
Old 12/12/07, 09:54 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Who's that? Darrell???

Actually I may be talking to Brent soon about a little project that I've been debating.....

PLEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!!!! We all know who gets the special treatment at Brenspeed. Just look at all the free banners he has in his garage, free install on a SC, etc.etc.etc
Old 12/13/07, 04:51 AM
Cobra Member

Scott,
These are the bolts I was looking at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAGE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12/13/07, 05:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
PLEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!!!! We all know who gets the special treatment at Brenspeed. Just look at all the free banners he has in his garage, free install on a SC, etc.etc.etc

hahahahahaa

(this is my 4000th post by the way)
Old 12/13/07, 07:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dly
Yep!!.........
Old 12/13/07, 07:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott,
These are the bolts I was looking at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAGE...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks Larry. I will check them out. I went to Brenspeeds website looking for the O2 extenders like you bought but did not find them on the website. Did you have to call them?
Scott
Old 12/13/07, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called them for the O2 extensions for my headers. Do you still have to trim an ear from them or are they making them with the correct plug now?

I was wondering if maybe Tom was Brent's long lost twin, seperated at birth.

I generally read the thread everyday, but have not been able to post. I have been having some problems with my hands and feet going numb for about 3 weeks now. It is getting better or I am dealing with it better now. Causes alot of cramping when I type or write alot. Hopefully the MRI, EMG and numerous blood tests will find something soon.
Old 12/13/07, 10:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang Ben, hope everything turns out OK.
Old 12/13/07, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Double Dang Ben! For sure get to feeling better. I guess we are just getting old. I have been resisting for a couple of years but I finally let the Dr. put me on highblood pressure meds 2 weeks ago. I think it time for the bullet.
Scott

And yes when we did Larry's install he had to clip off the tabs to fit. Sounds like they are the same.
Old 12/13/07, 10:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang, all you old guys with stones, random numbness, and replacement shafts ( )....... must be hell to get old.

Old 12/13/07, 01:22 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Dang, all you old guys with stones, random numbness, and replacement shafts ( )....... must be hell to get old.

AAAHHHHH Young GrassHopper you will learn

Don't worry Tom your are heading in the right direction (of getting old)

Did there and done that
Old 12/13/07, 02:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well guys I just got off the phone with Brent @ Brenspeed. I just couldn't wait so I placed an order for a set of the Comp NSR Cams and O2 sensor extenders for the OBX longtubes I will order next week. The cams are in stock and I will get them tomorrow. He quoted a price of $280.00 labor for the cam install. No way I would risk doing the install for that little coin. So my plans for the next few weeks will be to get the OBX longtubes installed by say mid January (Hey Larry) and go up to Brenspeeds on a Friday in February to have them do the cam install, put her on the dyno and tweek the tune as required. This will conclude my performance mods on this car. Now I just need explain to my wife (Karen) that these cams really won't make the car go any faster. Since I promised her I would stop doing that kind of stuff. Also, I am wondering if I might get a Comp Cams banner while I am there? Maybe if I put a good word in with my buddy Tom he could get one for me.
Scott
Old 12/13/07, 03:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah....sheesh!
Old 12/13/07, 04:29 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks Larry. I will check them out. I went to Brenspeeds website looking for the O2 extenders like you bought but did not find them on the website. Did you have to call them?
Scott
Scott,
Here's the link for the extenders;
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_46/HXpipes.html

Those header bolts was just 1 place to look @, but the buy-it now is a little pricey. I'd shop around with a Google search. Brent may even sell them????
Mid-Jan will be fine for doing your headers.
Cams, eh?

Ben,
Hope you find out whats going on & get some relief soon.Sorry to hear whats happening.
You still have to trim the tangs off.But the little lock part still works, so I'm not worried about it.
Old 12/13/07, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Since I promised her I would stop doing that kind of stuff. Also, I am wondering if I might get a Comp Cams banner while I am there? Maybe if I put a good word in with my buddy Tom he could get one for me.
Scott
Congrats Scott, let me know when you plan to go and I'll take the day off- we can hook up here again and head up there if you wish.

Originally Posted by codeman94
yeah....sheesh!
Old 12/13/07, 04:32 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

This topic is getting good
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74692

Yea right Scott...."This is my very last mod Hon, I promise"
Old 12/13/07, 04:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott,
Here's the link for the extenders;
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_46/HXpipes.html

Those header bolts was just 1 place to look @, but the buy-it now is a little pricey. I'd shop around with a Google search. Brent may even sell them????
Mid-Jan will be fine for doing your headers.
Cams, eh?

Ben,
Hope you find out whats going on & get some relief soon.Sorry to hear whats happening.
You still have to trim the tangs off.But the little lock part still works, so I'm not worried about it.

Hey Larry,
I don't know what to do about those header bolts. Brent told me they use mostly the stock bolts or the supplied bolts with the headers they install. He does not sale the Stage 8 bolts or any other header bolts. I am not sure what to do. He also said they have no issues with the stock bolts coming loose. BTW, that price on Ebay is 1/3rd cheaper than Steeda for the same kit. Yeah, the bonus fairy was pretty nice this year and if I don't do it now it might never happen. At my age you have to go for it while you can. I am not even sure why I had Brent ship me the cams since all I will do is rub them until the install.
Scott

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread