Search this Thread

Old 4/27/08, 01:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Headed out to Hooters in a few minutes.
Old 4/28/08, 07:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you have a good time? I forgot about it!

See anything interesting?

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Headed out to Hooters in a few minutes.
Old 4/29/08, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

BUnch of nice cars there. More than I expected anyway. There were only 2 S-197's showing. Some nice lookin' women folk! There was a nice Cal Yarborough Mercury Cyclone Special too.
Old 4/30/08, 08:04 AM

Well, that sounds cool. I'm glad you had a good time!

BUnch of nice cars there. More than I expected anyway. There were only 2 S-197's showing. Some nice lookin' women folk! There was a nice Cal Yarborough Mercury Cyclone Special too.
Old 5/1/08, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Experience Blue Oval Industries - Buyers Beware

I posted this in another section but wanted the Fort worth crew to be informed too.

I initially ordered a set of Billet Engine Caps from a different vendor and after a week or so cancelled because one of the caps were on backorder and may be and may be for some time. I was surfing Ebay and came across an auction for the identical caps and the seller was Blue Oval Industries. I decided to call BOI before I used the “Buy It Now” option and was told that they had everything in stock and ready to ship. I then bought the caps and paid promptly.

Now mind you if someone is selling on Ebay and they do not state in the auction anywhere that they do not have the parts in stock, one would assume they have it in stock. I took the extra step to not assume and actually call to check.

Anyway, the caps come a week or so later minus one cap. The very same cap the first vendor had as backordered and was honest about with me. So basically I was misled (Lied To??) by BOI so they could get a sale. If I wanted to wait for a backorder, I would have stuck with the first vendor. Live and learn.

So I check all the caps and everything looks good so I decide to call BOI to ask about the backorder wait time. I can wait IF I know about it ahead of time. I get a lady on the phone who immediately raised her voice and said it stated clearly on my invoice that the cap was backordered. I said I did see that but wondered why I was told the entire set was in stock and ready to ship when I called a week ago. She got even more upset and told me she cannot help if people buy her parts and she may have something go backorder. She then just hangs up on me.

I actually thought we were disconnected so I call back and this time the owner answers. I tell him we were cut off and he screams ‘WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO YOU WERE JUST TOLD THE PART IS BACKORDERED”. I was taken aback to say the least so I say to him I just wanted to ask about a time frame when the part would be in. He again yelled, “JUST SEND THEM BACK IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY”. I said why would I send them back and pay a restocking fee when I made no mistake. I said I was just asking for some basic information regarding the backorder. He again started screaming at me, “JUST SEND THEM BACK OR SHUT UP ABOUT IT”. “THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN LIFE THAN A PART ON BACKORDER”. He also starting going on a rant about someone’s mother having problems with their legs or something like that. He then just hung up on me for the second time.

I had read on a Google search many other threads like this only AFTER I had my bad experience. I wish I had read them before my fun time. This company has no clue what customer service is and I can say with 100% certainty, I will never use them again. I don’t care if they are giving parts away, that is no way to treat customers.

I just today received my final cap so now I am done forever with them.

BUYER BEWARE.
Old 5/2/08, 12:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Send them a box of fresh dog poop!

Anyway, here are a couple pics from the car show and a link to the whole album.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...otRods4Heroes/
Old 5/2/08, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the pics Tread!
Old 5/2/08, 10:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Welcome! Here are a couple more pics of your tax dollars at work! Got a call Wednesday night about a LARGE snake in a garage on top of a car. We get there and are met by a 40 something yr old man freaking out cuz there is a snake in his garage. I was expecting a 6 or 7 foot man eating Anaconda or something but, no it was only a 3 1/2 foot long rat snake!
<----This was the guy when we left with the snake.

Old 5/3/08, 04:33 PM

Oh man, how about that?

I'm not too keen on snakes myself!
Old 5/4/08, 09:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

LMAO! Dang city slickers!

Why would they call police? Or better, why wouldn't y'all forward Animal Control instead of sending an officer?
Old 5/4/08, 03:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Animal Control will not come out after hours unless we call them for a dangerous animal or injured animal. We are the first line of defense against snakes, racoons and baby possums!
Old 5/4/08, 07:20 PM

I saw a really big racoon one time while I was living in Southern California. He wanted to come into my apartment, but I scared him off! lol

Animal Control will not come out after hours unless we call them for a dangerous animal or injured animal. We are the first line of defense against snakes, racoons and baby possums!
Old 5/8/08, 09:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Speaking of racoons, I creamed one the other night at work. Ran right out in front of me. I think he was suicidal since he didn't even give me a chance to miss him.

On another note, if you smoke too much crack and the Police get called out because you are freaking out please keep your clothes on. I'm still having nightmares!
Old 5/11/08, 04:21 PM

Did he mess up your car?

At least it wasn't a skunk!

Speaking of racoons, I creamed one the other night at work. Ran right out in front of me. I think he was suicidal since he didn't even give me a chance to miss him.

On another note, if you smoke too much crack and the Police get called out because you are freaking out please keep your clothes on. I'm still having nightmares!
Old 5/12/08, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

No damage that I know of and just say no to skunks!

On another note, I ordered a GT 500 rear spoiler yesterday and it shipped today. Can't wait! It was only $229 painted with free shipping.
Old 5/13/08, 06:35 PM

Well, that sounds nice! I'd be interested to see what it looks like!

No damage that I know of and just say no to skunks!

On another note, I ordered a GT 500 rear spoiler yesterday and it shipped today. Can't wait! It was only $229 painted with free shipping.
Old 5/13/08, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone going to the Texas Speedway for the Charity laps on the 24th? if so PM me, i have a group of guys going. We got a few from Waco as well as Oklahoma. Let me know if anyone intrested. Thanks Robert
Old 5/14/08, 06:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Well, that sounds nice! I'd be interested to see what it looks like!
It looks like a GT500 rear spoiler!
It should be here later today. I'll see if I can remember to post a pic of it. Gotta go to sleep now.
Old 5/14/08, 06:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2005mach1
Is anyone going to the Texas Speedway for the Charity laps on the 24th? if so PM me, i have a group of guys going. We got a few from Waco as well as Oklahoma. Let me know if anyone intrested. Thanks Robert
I'm planning on going. Not sure when though. It's my son's 8th birthday that day too.
Old 5/14/08, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

It looks like a GT500 rear spoiler!
It should be here later today. I'll see if I can remember to post a pic of it. Gotta go to sleep now.
It's here! Looks great and no obvious paint issues. Pics later.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew