Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/08, 03:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No issues at all with the clamps so far. I put them on the very end too with the notch and line up pin thing in the middle of the two rings of the clamp. They definitely sound great and I won't cry if the mpg's go up!
Old 3/17/08, 07:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well good then!

I still think you need some of these!

I only noticed the increase in mileage when I was on the freeway. Most of my daily communte is city driving.

Originally Posted by Treadhead
No issues at all with the clamps so far. I put them on the very end too with the notch and line up pin thing in the middle of the two rings of the clamp. They definitely sound great and I won't cry if the mpg's go up!
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-08-pony22.jpg  

Last edited by Falchion; 3/17/08 at 07:27 PM.
Old 3/19/08, 03:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah I think those would work great. Where did you get them just in case I end up needing some?
Old 3/20/08, 08:12 AM

Summit racing. They were pretty fast getting them to me. But they are about $14 a piece though!

Here's the link!

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I had a good laugh when I saw the picture of the 18 Wheeler on the side of the box they came in! I thought if this doesn't hold them in nothing will!

Yeah I think those would work great. Where did you get them just in case I end up needing some?

Last edited by Falchion; 3/20/08 at 08:16 AM.
Old 3/20/08, 04:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks! Hopefully I won't need them. I haven't heard any leaks yet. I'm gonna recheck all the bolts/nuts in a couple days.
Old 3/21/08, 08:10 AM

OK, let me know how you like that MGW shifter when you get it in.

Thanks! Hopefully I won't need them. I haven't heard any leaks yet. I'm gonna recheck all the bolts/nuts in a couple days.
Old 3/21/08, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Flows are on and it sounds awesome!
Ghost- If you've ever considered Flowmasters now is the time to get them. $277 from Late Model Restoration is unbelieveable. With tax and shipping they are about $50 cheaper than everywhere else with no tax or shipping. That's a sale price so I don't know how long it's good for
Ya...I'm real tempted to get them, but I already spent $1K on a new PC. Hopefully, when the tax "rebate/refund" comes in, I can get them then...and they're still on sale. Can't sell the wife on another $300 after the PC. Heck, I still want to get a CAI!
Old 3/21/08, 11:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Can't sell the wife !

Sure you can. Just gotta price her right! I crack me up!

Seriously though, you'll love 'em when you finally get a chance to get 'em.
Old 3/21/08, 01:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How's the Granatelli CAI treating y'all? I'm torn between that or the C&L CAI (that has the no-tune, tune-ale throat). I figure when I upgrade, I'll get the CAI and after-axle exhaust at the same time.
Old 3/21/08, 11:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mine is as great as it ever was! No problems so far. I'm sure the C&L will work fine as well. Still kicking out a MILLION horsepower!
Old 3/22/08, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always been pleased with my Granatelli CAI, as with most products of theirs, it was probably a little over-rated in terms of HP gains. It did make a very noticeable gain though. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with the C&L though, since they do now have the no-tune option. If you don't have a tuner or don't plan on getting one for a while, that's a pretty good choice. I waited some time before getting the tuner and at the time, C&L didn't have a no-tune option.
Old 3/22/08, 12:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Helosailor, have you posted any pics of your Mustang? I'd really like to see some.
Old 3/23/08, 12:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Check out the link for a good video clip of stock vs, Flows.
That snow was crazy. The only time I 've driven in the snow was with my BFG's and it was a little squirrelly (sp?). Not sure how the Pirrelli's are except for ice which was okay.
I also picked up some new window swipes with the felt. Now I gotta get motivated to put them on.

Link----->
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/03/05Mufflers/

Finally got myself motivated to put on the window swipes since it was such a pain last time. It was so much easier this time around! I did both windows in about 30 minutes or so by myself. I had to use a little Goo Gone on the tint to clean the adhesive off. I cleaned it again immediately with tint safe Windex so hopefully my tint will be okay.
Old 3/23/08, 06:51 AM

I have posted some, but it just so happens I took a couple of new ones the other day...here they are. Still not too many mods...yet.

Old 3/23/08, 09:31 AM

I like my Granatelli CAI so far. I think it's better then the C&L CAI as far as build quality, and it also comes with a new Mass airflow sensor, while the C&L doesn't.

I like your Pony helosailor, thanks for posting pics of it!

Oh and I saw one of the new Bullitt Mustangs yesterday at the Fort Worth botanical gardens. It was sitting in the shade, so I couldn't get a real great picture of it, but here it is.

Originally Posted by GhostTX
How's the Granatelli CAI treating y'all? I'm torn between that or the C&L CAI (that has the no-tune, tune-ale throat). I figure when I upgrade, I'll get the CAI and after-axle exhaust at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-mustangmar08.jpg  

Last edited by Falchion; 3/23/08 at 03:33 PM.
Old 3/23/08, 02:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Looks great helosailor! I have been considering that GT500 rear spoiler myself. That will probably be the one I get if I change mine. Do you have a blackout panel or is it painted? I just ordered a panel from Silver Horse Racing.
Old 3/23/08, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the compliments! I have the magnetic blackout. It could fit a little better, but considering the price, I'm not too upset. I think it really helps spruce up the silver a bit. I would've gone with paint, but I'm still not 100% if I'm going to do stripes or not.

Last edited by helosailor; 3/23/08 at 08:52 PM.
Old 3/24/08, 09:31 AM

Hey, I got a recall letter on the side air bag recall, but I was thinking about not bothering with it either. I just called the Ford Delaership that I bought my Mustang from back in September, and the Service Manager said it would take 2 hours to do!

I was concerned for my girl friend since she's only 5'3", but she always wears her seatbelt and doesn't seat with the seat all the way forward like is mentioned in the recall. What do you guys think? Would it be worth it to burn up 2 hours just to get something like that done?

I was also thinking about having them check out the mileage computer since it seems to be off a little bit. When I fill up it takes about an extra gallon more then the computer says it should. However when I asked him about it he said he would have to have the car over night for that! I saw other forum members say that the computer has the same issue with regards to mileage, and miles to empty. Would that be worth bothering with?
Old 3/24/08, 04:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

That's strange. Everyone who has posted about it in the main forum said it takes about 5-10 minutes at most. Not sure about the mileage computer thing. That's up to you.
Old 3/24/08, 06:47 PM

Well, I was actually more concerned about the side airbag recall, but after discussing it with my GF we deceided that I should just wait and get the recall done at the same time as any maintenance etc is done in the future. Because otherwise, I would have most of my day off burned up waiting around at the Dealership. Errr!

That's strange. Everyone who has posted about it in the main forum said it takes about 5-10 minutes at most. Not sure about the mileage computer thing. That's up to you.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew