2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 02:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, first off, I didn't have my camera. But anyone with decent photoshop skills can recreate this car.

Last night at work someone told me there was another 05 GT in the parking lot. Well this was big news for me as the only GT I've seen since November has been mine. So I go out into the parking lot and see the silver 05 in the front row. From a distance I notice the foglights, spoiler, and black Mustang stripe on the side. As I get closer I notice the V6 wheels and black rocker panel. Then I notice the GT badging on the side, and walk around back to see the GT faux gas cap, and aftermarket dual exhaust. As I continue my walk around the car I notice the cloth interior. The seats have mustangmustangmustang written on them. Walk back around the front and notice the V6 lower front facia. Well at this point I want to find the owner and ... So I go back inside, get a piece of paper and a marker, and write a little note which I leave on their windshield:
NICE TRY!
Why didn't you
just buy a GT?

Unfortuantely, I was busy shutting off the projection booth when they left, so I did not get to ask any more questions.

Anyone else see any V6 "GT"s like this?
Old 5/1/05, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 4:08 PM
Ok, first off, I didn't have my camera. But anyone with decent photoshop skills can recreate this car.

Last night at work someone told me there was another 05 GT in the parking lot. Well this was big news for me as the only GT I've seen since November has been mine. So I go out into the parking lot and see the silver 05 in the front row. From a distance I notice the foglights, spoiler, and black Mustang stripe on the side. As I get closer I notice the V6 wheels and black rocker panel. Then I notice the GT badging on the side, and walk around back to see the GT faux gas cap, and aftermarket dual exhaust. As I continue my walk around the car I notice the cloth interior. The seats have mustangmustangmustang written on them. Walk back around the front and notice the V6 lower front facia. Well at this point I want to find the owner and ... So I go back inside, get a piece of paper and a marker, and write a little note which I leave on their windshield:
NICE TRY!
Why didn't you
just buy a GT?

Unfortuantely, I was busy shutting off the projection booth when they left, so I did not get to ask any more questions.

Go on Ebay and you'll find dealers creating a "GT" look with some of their V-6s even having the "dual exhaust" ports. Here's a link I saw today:

Ebay V-6 GT XTREME
Old 5/1/05, 02:34 PM
GT Member

Do a forum search. I think we have discussed this recently.
Old 5/1/05, 02:39 PM

Yea, but at least that car doesn't have the same GT badging as the real GTs. This car had the same GT badging my GT has, but had the body molding of a V6... Now, I find it hard to believe someone would spend the money getting V6 lower front facia, rocker panels, cloth interior, and wheels. I do think someone would spend the couple hundred to buy GT badges, grille, and aftermarket exhaust though. I just don't understand why. Is it good to be a "wannabe"?

Edit: I did search quickly. I didn't find a similar topic.
Old 5/1/05, 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 3:08 PM

Last night at work someone told me there was another 05 GT in the parking lot. So I go back inside, get a piece of paper and a marker, and write a little note which I leave on their windshield:
NICE TRY!
Why didn't you
just buy a GT?

first off I am not a fan of "clone" cars but why did you have to write him a note like that?? :nono:
Thats pretty rude, immature, and arrogant of you!!! You can not just accept that someone wanted to do something to their car that you dont agree with. Alot of people could say the same thing about the Mustang GT logo that is on the Mustangs since there is the Ford GT.
"Nice try why didnt you just get a Ford GT"
how would that make you feel if you found that on your Mustang?

Just remeber that it wasnt your car and you dont have to look at it everyday
Old 5/1/05, 02:47 PM

I didn't write the note to be rude, I was just wondering why they did that to a car taht was perfectly good to begin with. Someone told me to write "WANNABE!" on the car... I would never do that. The only other thing I could think of is if the dealer sold it as a GT, some people don't know the difference. The note was in no way meant to be "rude" or "arrogant"... But its not like I could wait outside all night until they left to talk to them either.
Old 5/1/05, 02:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 3:50 PM
I didn't write the note to be rude, I was just wondering why they did that to a car taht was perfectly good to begin with. Someone told me to write "WANNABE!" on the car... I would never do that. The only other thing I could think of is if the dealer sold it as a GT, some people don't know the difference. The note was in no way meant to be "rude" or "arrogant"... But its not like I could wait outside all night until they left to talk to them either.
I see your point. Do you think he bought it from the dealer that way, like the GtExtreme, or did the mods himself?
Sorry that I snapped, it just rubbed me the wrong way!

On that ebay link did you notice it says "imitation" duel exhaust. I do like the chin spoiler on the V-6 though.
Old 5/1/05, 03:06 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 3:42 PM

Edit: I did search quickly. I didn't find a similar topic.
Probably because they've all been locked.
Old 5/1/05, 03:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

As this one probably will be.

As long as someone doesn't "rice" them out I'm fine. I saw a car yesterday that would give Brad a heartattack. It was basically his blue GT vert with euro clear tailights and a big rice racing wing. Somebody who gets a 6cyl and puts on GT stuff or cobra stuff are fine with me, they get better gas mileage and have cheaper insurance. They are keeping the Mustang hobby alive and having fun. And fun is the best thing to have.
Old 5/1/05, 03:19 PM

The one on eBay actually looked nice.

And with how hot the GTs are, I actually wouldn't be surprised if a dealer tried to pass a V6 off as a GT. If the owner did the mods themself, I'd be interested in buying his faux gas cap from him. I don't want GT written all over my car.

... Guess that makes me kind of hypocritical.
Old 5/1/05, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

I was at a regional MCA show on April 17th and saw a V6 "GT300". It was a V6 with body cladding, window louvers, badges, and stripes. The guy bought it from the dealer that way. :scratch:
Old 5/1/05, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Are you kidding me? You weren't rude enough with the moron. I have no problem with people modifying V6's, but the moment you put GT badging, and stripes with GT written on them on a V6, you deserve to be dealt with in the harshest terms. It's NOT a GT period, and it shouldn't have GT on it. Seeing stripes and fogs on a V6 just makes me laugh, because it doesn't have the horsepower to make those things appropriate and I laugh at the owner's expense, but when I see fake GT badging, a line has been crossed. Oh and the analogy to the Mustang's factory installed GT badging is just RIDICULOUS. The mustang GT IS a GT. GT is part of that specific model's type. A V6 is NEVER a GT.
Old 5/1/05, 03:37 PM
V6 Member

Well I was about to flame you hard, but then I reread your post. But the point is, the guy who's car you left the note on was probably pissed. And it probably ruined his day. Some people are very proud of the things they have. And even though your intentions weren't harmful, sometimes you have to think about things from someone elses perspective.
Old 5/1/05, 03:40 PM
GT Member

If it ruined his day, GOOD! If you want to put fake GT badging on a car that IS NOT a GT, you deserve what you get. Oh let's all worry about how the idiot "feels" when he's representing his car as something it's not. Let me re-emphasize the fact that if you want to put fogs and stripes on a V6, good for you, but the moment you write GT on it when it's not, you better expect to "feel hurt" when you get the rightfully deserved criticism. We don't need Type-R ricers here. If you didn't pay the extra $5000 for the V8, get the GT stickers and fake GT gas cap off your car.
Old 5/1/05, 03:52 PM
I lust for a M24

Wow, some people are pretty insecure. Personally, I couldn't care less if someone puts a GT badge on their car. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If it makes someone else feel better, it doesn't upset me.
Old 5/1/05, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by futurestang@May 1, 2005, 4:38 PM
Are you kidding me? You weren't rude enough with the moron. I have no problem with people modifying V6's, but the moment you put GT badging, and stripes with GT written on them on a V6, you deserve to be dealt with in the harshest terms. It's NOT a GT period, and it shouldn't have GT on it. Seeing stripes and fogs on a V6 just makes me laugh, because it doesn't have the horsepower to make those things appropriate and I laugh at the owner's expense, but when I see fake GT badging, a line has been crossed. Oh and the analogy to the Mustang's factory installed GT badging is just RIDICULOUS. The mustang GT IS a GT. GT is part of that specific model's type. A V6 is NEVER a GT.

So you laugh at my V-6?!? :nono: I have said it before and it is worth repeating now what my car lacks in speed makes up for in appearance!
Not enough horse power to make the stripes appropiate?
Old 5/1/05, 03:55 PM
I lust for a M24

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...3&hl=v6+bashing
Old 5/1/05, 03:58 PM
Cobra Member

Some dealers here are putting 20" wheels, stripes and GT rear fascias on V-6's Although they still had factory exhaust. Looks like they are just sitting on lot. If I was after a 6 I would not want those add-ons at time of purchase.
Old 5/1/05, 04:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@May 1, 2005, 4:58 PM
:worship: thanks for finding that!
Old 5/1/05, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@May 1, 2005, 4:58 PM
Beautifully said!!

Look who cares if someone with a V6 is putting GT logos on their car. We are all in essence the same. We all have the SAME car. Is the body different from a V6 to a GT ... NO. It's shameless people on this site who try to intend on hurting others because they don't have what YOU have. Some people actually PREFER the V6 over the GT. GET OVER IT!! to you and shame to many who feel the way that another member in this post does and it's not the topic starter.

Matt