2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Order

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/05, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SVTJackl@May 1, 2005, 8:38 PM
I just ordered mine on 4/25 and I wasn't told anything about it being an 06' model. I was told that it would arrive in 6 weeks and that in actuality, they were seeing orders coming in at 5 weeks for the last few cars they had ordered. I'm in Albuquerque, NM. I hope I don't have any problems.
Old 5/8/05, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fmstang68+May 7, 2005, 6:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fmstang68 @ May 7, 2005, 6:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SVTJackl@May 1, 2005, 8:38 PM
I just ordered mine on 4/25 and I wasn't told anything about it being an 06' model. I was told that it would arrive in 6 weeks and that in actuality, they were seeing orders coming in at 5 weeks for the last few cars they had ordered. I'm in Albuquerque, NM. I hope I don't have any problems.
[/b][/quote]
[quote=alycat64,April 28, 2005, 6:06 AM]
We ordered our 05 GT convertible on March 5th. In Mid April our Salesperson told us in early April that we may not get an 05 and instead it may be an 06. We got a phone call on April 28th from the dealership. They stated that they had more orders then the amount of their allocation. We missed getting an 05 by 5 orders. They said we would be 5th on the list of an 06 but no dates for when we would get the car - probably September or October. We kept the order on the list. I checked with a few dealerships and there were none around. Finally I looked on line and say one 2 1/2 hrs away. I called and it was gone. The salesperson looked on their system and found one in Indiana. I called and it was available!!! It was the exact color we ordered - red fire metallic and a gt premium. The only differences were the parchment instead of charcol and it didnt have the iup. We bought it over the phone right then and there Picked it yesterday. It was worth the 3 hour drive (one way). The car is awesome. We couldnt get the xplan as we were going to at the dealership we ordered (supposidly). But I think that is why they screwed us. Its well worth paying retail. I will post pictures later in the week. Good luck with everyone getting theirs.
Old 5/8/05, 07:53 AM
I talk to cones.

[quote=alycat64,May 8, 2005, 8:04 AM]
Originally Posted by fmstang68,May 7, 2005, 6:50 PM
Originally Posted by SVTJackl,May 1, 2005, 8:38 PM
Originally Posted by alycat64,April 28, 2005, 6:06 AM
We ordered our 05 GT convertible on March 5th. In Mid April our Salesperson told us in early April that we may not get an 05 and instead it may be an 06. We got a phone call on April 28th from the dealership. They stated that they had more orders then the amount of their allocation. We missed getting an 05 by 5 orders. They said we would be 5th on the list of an 06 but no dates for when we would get the car - probably September or October. We kept the order on the list. I checked with a few dealerships and there were none around. Finally I looked on line and say one 2 1/2 hrs away. I called and it was gone. The salesperson looked on their system and found one in Indiana. I called and it was available!!! It was the exact color we ordered - red fire metallic and a gt premium. The only differences were the parchment instead of charcol and it didnt have the iup. We bought it over the phone right then and there Picked it yesterday. It was worth the 3 hour drive (one way). The car is awesome. We couldnt get the xplan as we were going to at the dealership we ordered (supposidly). But I think that is why they screwed us. Its well worth paying retail. I will post pictures later in the week. Good luck with everyone getting theirs.
I just put an order in and was told it would be 6 weeks from now for an 05 so I am looking at late June
Old 5/8/05, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=alycat64,May 8, 2005, 8:04 AM]
Originally Posted by fmstang68,May 7, 2005, 6:50 PM
Originally Posted by SVTJackl,May 1, 2005, 8:38 PM
Originally Posted by alycat64,April 28, 2005, 6:06 AM

From my experience plan participation is totally voluntary by the deadlers. They are not bound to participate. It may cost them a few sales but, I guess they see it as worth it. I am an a-plan buyer and it has been my experience that when I mention A-plan in some cases the level of service by the salesman goes down. It is definatly related to the level of commision. Since most plan sales are a flat fee commision to the salesman. Helps with bonus quotas. JMO

Sidenote where Indiana did you find the car.
Old 5/12/05, 06:16 PM

It finally happenned. Got the call today, My order has finally been picked up. Will know the vin # and build date on monday. Dealer told me that the cars are being built on a lottery type system, and their number came up, meaning they are in line for the next two cars. I also had the dealer fax me a copy of the DORA. The priority code on mine is listed as "01" never seen that before!!! anyway thanks to all who gave me hope and an education. Will post pics when I receive my car. Hoping it wont be delivered damaged like the last one!
Old 5/13/05, 07:03 AM
V6 Member

Congrats Bill,

I hope everything turns out well and I'm excited to hear you are finally getting your car!!!!!! I've gotten the first part of my Vin and I'm still waiting for my complete Vin # and Build date at this point. Hopefully soon. Congrats again!
Old 5/13/05, 01:28 PM
I talk to cones.

When is the sooned you can find out your priority?

Does the Dealer decide it?

Is it in some contract?
Old 5/13/05, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by softbatch@May 13, 2005, 3:31 PM
When is the sooned you can find out your priority?

Does the Dealer decide it?

Is it in some contract?
Dont know who really decides the priority, but it usually never is lower than a "10" according to some reports I read in another forum. I was told that my priority code was changed at the next level up from the dealership due to my situation with my first 05 GT being damaged. Just ask the sales rep what your priority cade is. Its listed on the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). My DORA says ("district submitted"). Good luck!