Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tpms problems

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/15, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Tpms problems

I need some help with this one. I bought some supersnake rims. Used the ford part no. And order tpms sensors off ebay they were supposed to be oem. Discount tire said there fake and likely to throw an error on the display.

10 min after driving the error comes up. I bought the ford tpms tool and tried to set the sensors but they would not respond.

So I then went on amazon and ordered a set. Surely these could not be fake. When they arrived they were not in the usual ford packaging but I could see fomoco moulded into them.

Just went to a tire shop to fit them and they are no responding to their tool or my tool.

Whats wrong?

Are there sct tuners out there that can permanently turn off the tpms?
Old 9/27/15, 12:29 AM
Bullitt Member

What if I purchased 1 tpms from tasca to guarantee its real, fit it to the front lh wheel, this way ill know if it is the tpms sensor when the f lh is synced and the rest fail.
Old 9/27/15, 09:10 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I don't think you can program just 1 sensor. The sequence expects to see 4 distinct sensor IDs, and if there is a problem during the process it will time out. Though you may be able to hear when it learns the 1 sensor.

Strange problem, so the tool can't force a transmission out of any of the sensors?
Old 9/27/15, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I don't think you can program just 1 sensor. The sequence expects to see 4 distinct sensor IDs, and if there is a problem during the process it will time out. Though you may be able to hear when it learns the 1 sensor.

Strange problem, so the tool can't force a transmission out of any of the sensors?
Correct.
Old 9/27/15, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
can the tire shop tell me which sensor is bad out of the 4 on my car?
Old 9/28/15, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by trackpack13gt
I need some help with this one. I bought some supersnake rims. Used the ford part no. And order tpms sensors off ebay they were supposed to be oem. Discount tire said there fake and likely to throw an error on the display.

10 min after driving the error comes up. I bought the ford tpms tool and tried to set the sensors but they would not respond.

So I then went on amazon and ordered a set. Surely these could not be fake. When they arrived they were not in the usual ford packaging but I could see fomoco moulded into them.

Just went to a tire shop to fit them and they are no responding to their tool or my tool.

Whats wrong?

Are there sct tuners out there that can permanently turn off the tpms?
TP - Sorry to hear about the trouble. I ran into something like this back in early '09 with my car and I've seen a few issues here with our sensors too.

If your shop isn't able to identify where/which one it is I would try to drop about 15-20 lbs out of your driver side/front tire to see if you're able to trip the sensor. Fill it back up, give it another try and see if it comes back online.

Alex
Old 7/25/17, 05:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
can the tire shop tell me which sensor is bad out of the 4 on my car?
I just got my car over a month ago and the dealer said the tire light would go out after driving a while....needless to say it never did and I made sure all my tires were inflated right....I had my mechanic friend inspect the car and all 4 sensors were bad. The dealership wouldn't fix them under warranty. Very expensive for each and programming.
I found all 4 for on ebay for 50 bucks from China but not sure if they are legit......Think I will live with the light on for now.....