Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doh, I forgot to read that part!LOL TY
Old 4/23/05, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I will post the exact spects and everything once I get my DORA
Old 4/23/05, 02:47 PM

Those of us that still hear clean and U/S from ERL, should we be jumping on the band wagon for an 06? And do you think Ford would build our cars first.

ordered 12/24/04
GT
Mineral Gray
Parchment
IUP
Wheels
5 speed
nothing special except to me!

AL
Old 4/28/05, 05:12 PM

Hi Guy's something new for you guy's to worry about as your cars come in. On Ebay today is an brand new mustang that caught fire just sitting on the dealers lot.

Last week my dealer got in a GT that was ordered in October mine is next an I ordered in December so I figure I will get the last 05 made.

AL
Old 4/28/05, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I will be ordering a 06' when the order banks open up, and keeping my 05 order as well. If I get a late 05 pull and have a build date for a 06, I will let the dealer keep the 05 and sell it. If I get pulled and the 06 is still C&U it's a no brainer!
Old 4/30/05, 05:12 PM

Help me guys I ordered my car in December and I'm still C/U. I have a dealer that called me today with 3 GT's and is willing to sell me one at the X-plan price but I can't make his quote work out. What is the X-plan discount? I thought it was 3%
msrp is $29,085
invoice is $26,962
and I'm being told $26,864 is the X-plan price
If this car would have been a 5 speed I would have jumped on it so I'm making a compromise. By the way I live in MN and the cars are in FL.
Old 4/30/05, 08:06 PM

all the mustangs are in fl not in the north
Old 5/1/05, 08:35 PM
V6 Member

I just ordered mine on 4/25 and I wasn't told anything about it being an 06' model. I was told that it would arrive in 6 weeks and that in actuality, they were seeing orders coming in at 5 weeks for the last few cars they had ordered. I'm in Albuquerque, NM. I hope I don't have any problems.
Old 5/2/05, 06:09 AM

The dealer may have a car on order already that he can change to your spec. The word is 7000 05 gt on order will not get built. What color did you order?
Old 5/2/05, 02:11 PM
V6 Member

Sonic Blue
Old 5/2/05, 03:59 PM

That color is not being offered in 06 as well as my Mineral Gray.
Old 5/2/05, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by SVTJackl@May 2, 2005, 2:14 PM
Sonic Blue
Old 5/2/05, 05:17 PM
V6 Member

That's why I'm a little worried. I got this back from my internet saleperson I'm working with though. Hopefully this is a good thing:

"I just checked on it and it looks like they put it on the second build date for the year. It's not bad news or anything, just probably won't be here until the first part of June. I already have the spec sheet for it and even the first few numbers of the VIN. It should update pretty soon. Oh, you are lucky, too because Ford only allocated so many cars and they were all pretty much taken. If you would have waited another few days you wouldn't have been able to order one."

Is this a good thing?

Thanks
Old 5/2/05, 05:35 PM

I ordered mine in December and sonic blue was my second choice
Old 5/2/05, 06:14 PM

Dont get me wrong, Im glad your getting the car, but what about people like me? My car was ordered January 10th! I called today its still "unscheduled / clean" in the computer. I called the "owner connection" at Ford and they cant do anything for me. What a bunch of sh*%.
Old 5/5/05, 09:23 PM

[quote=Bill Z,May 2, 2005, 6:17 PM]
Dont get me wrong, Im glad your getting the car, but what about people like me? My car was ordered January 10th! I called today its still "unscheduled / clean" in the computer. I called the "owner connection" at Ford and they cant do anything for me. What a bunch of sh*%.
[/quo

I placed my Sonic Blue GT Premium with IUP, 17" wheels, 5 sp, anti-theft, wheel-
locks on 12/30/04. Dora on 1/3/05. Still no build date. My Ford dealer called
their Ford Zone rep last week to express concerns. Zone rep said all of May is
booked for Mustang production, and mine was not included. Zone rep said she will
receive her "zone" Mustang allocation for June in 2 weeks and try to schedule mine in. I really want the sonic blue since it's a 1 year production run only.

My dealer really feels bad about my order and will hold their 1st Mustang GT Prem
convertible for me at X-Plan. The convert is being built this week, and should be
at the dealer by end-of-May. It's redfire w/deep charcoal interior, black top, 17"
wheels, 5 sp, no IUP, but has interior appearance pkg. My dealer will hold the
convertible til the "Zone Lady" says yea or ney on my GT Coupe order for June.

I never owned a convertible, but all the car magazines rate the '05 GT convertible
chassis and design very high.
Dave
Old 5/6/05, 05:21 AM

[quote=MustangV8,May 5, 2005, 11:26 PM]
Originally Posted by Bill Z,May 2, 2005, 6:17 PM
[/quo

I placed my Sonic Blue GT Premium with IUP, 17" wheels, 5 sp, anti-theft, wheel-
booked for Mustang production, and mine was not included. Zone rep said she will
receive her "zone" Mustang allocation for June in 2 weeks and try to schedule mine in. I really want the sonic blue since it's a 1 year production run only.

My dealer really feels bad about my order and will hold their 1st Mustang GT Prem
convertible for me at X-Plan. The convert is being built this week, and should be
at the dealer by end-of-May. It's redfire w/deep charcoal interior, black top, 17"

I never owned a convertible, but all the car magazines rate the '05 GT convertible
Dave

Sounds like your dealer actually cares about its customers. Glad your getting some kind of help. goodluck with the vert, they look great! I too ordered a sonic Blue, and feel the same way.
Old 5/6/05, 07:42 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

For what it's worth, I ordered March 22 and told my dealer Monday that I want to cancel the 05 and place an 06 order as SOON as the banks open. The way I figure, I'm still C/U and probably will be for a while - by the time my order gets pulled, built and shipped, the car won't arrive until mid/late June at BEST. Waiting a couple more months for a whole new "year" on paper is worth it to me. My colour (Performance White) will still be available so that's not a concern.

Good luck all
kris
Old 5/6/05, 07:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Only good things I can think about it taking so long is maybe more bugs will be corrected and getting one so late in the model year is kinda like getting a years free mileage. Most of these that are still to be delivered will be low miles for an '05'.
Old 5/7/05, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=MustangV8,May 5, 2005, 11:26 PM]
Originally Posted by Bill Z,May 2, 2005, 6:17 PM
[/quo

Dave
I wasnt sure who actually ordered this 05 Sonic Blue as I was confused my the quote and reply thing but for whomever it was I was doing a search this morning trying seeing if anyone in a few state area of me had a Silver GT like I have ordered. No luck for me but I did come across a Sonic Blue GT vert loaded in Massachusetts. If was listed at MSRP so hopefully that is what they would accept. If this is something you would be interested in let me know IM and I will search through again and get you the info.

Quick Reply: New Order