2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Order

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/05, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oiler, that's disgusting. Whatever happened to that friendly, "smalltown" atmosphere. The only thing that needs to be "regionally adjusted" is your dealer's rear end.

Good luck finding something from a dealer with a little bit of honour.

Mark.
Old 1/26/05, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by oiler849@January 20, 2005, 7:51 PM
I'm interested to hear comments about this too. My local dealer just got in a black GT, loaded w/red seats and IUP - sticker @ $27.7. The bad news is they tacked on another sticker for $3500 for whats called a "regional adjustment"! I assume that the dealer is doing this, not FOMOCO...
Oiler,

I live in North Jersey and I have gone to 8 dealers in the area. 5 Dealerships here have done the same thing add 3-4K. One actually asked me if I quote "Would I mind paying 3k more for the car." One where I have bought 4 F150's told me I couldn't order one from them and I would have to buy what they have and pay that silly surcharge. One came down to sticker and the one I order mine came down to sticker but I got them to come a tad below and let me a test drive in the white GT they seem to couldn't even sell at that point. It is pretty outrageous but that seems to be the new thing they do for all new hot cars. Just keep shopping and be patient.

Steve
Old 1/28/05, 10:49 AM

curious.... everytime i call my dealer, they tell me that they wont know anything until its ready for shipment? it was accepted by ford on dec. 10th. and thats all i have heard.

just a black manual shift v6 with the IUP and red leather interior
Old 1/28/05, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yippy, my VIN is in! No dates yet but a VIN is a good thing I think. The dealer is still sticking with March production and delivery in April. Sounds good to me, time enough to get rid of this crappy snow.

Darth Bob - how's yours coming along, any other info???

Mark.
Old 1/29/05, 08:08 AM

I'm so anxious. I ordered a manual Windveil Blue GT on 2 Jan 05. My priority is 30. Is that bad? I hear a lot of you had priorities of 10 or 11. The dealer told me it should take between 12-14 weeks. I ordered the Sport Appearance Package in hopes of getting my car sooner. As of 14 Jan, I've been "cleaned and unscheduled." I keep calling and nothing has changed for like 2 weeks. I live in the Northern Virginia area, I heard that your region of the country has something to do witht the delivery time as well. I'm aiming to have the car by mid-March. Considering my order date, priority and current status does it sound realistic to get it by then?
Old 1/29/05, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by oiler849@January 20, 2005, 7:51 PM
I'm interested to hear comments about this too. My local dealer just got in a black GT, loaded w/red seats and IUP - sticker @ $27.7. The bad news is they tacked on another sticker for $3500 for whats called a "regional adjustment"! I assume that the dealer is doing this, not FOMOCO...
I love the car, but they can shove that adjustment where the sun doesnt shine. I live in a town of ~60k people, so this is not a super large dealership.
I have a story that will even beat that. In my hometown of Bowling Green, KY, there was a Cadillac dealership that bought a loaded Torch Red GT and then tried to sell it off their lot. There was even a sign on the window that said: "This car was bought exclusively for retail". Then, they added around 3k on to the MSRP sticker!!! They were trying to sell it for 32-33k. THIS WAS A USED CAR!!!! It had been titled to someone besides the original dealer. Of course, this is the kind of thing I expect from the auto salesmen in general in Bowling Green. Everyone I know drives an hour to Nashville to buy cars..better selection, better deals, more honest salesman.
Old 1/29/05, 07:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by KansasCityTim+January 29, 2005, 7:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ January 29, 2005, 7:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-oiler849@January 20, 2005, 7:51 PM
I love the car, but they can shove that adjustment where the sun doesnt shine. I live in a town of ~60k people, so this is not a super large dealership.
I have a story that will even beat that. In my hometown of Bowling Green, KY, there was a Cadillac dealership that bought a loaded Torch Red GT and then tried to sell it off their lot. There was even a sign on the window that said: "This car was bought exclusively for retail". Then, they added around 3k on to the MSRP sticker!!! They were trying to sell it for 32-33k. THIS WAS A USED CAR!!!! It had been titled to someone besides the original dealer. Of course, this is the kind of thing I expect from the auto salesmen in general in Bowling Green. Everyone I know drives an hour to Nashville to buy cars..better selection, better deals, more honest salesman.
[/b][/quote]This Regional adjutment has got to be a load of bull I'd think that because there is a shortage they seen it and are trying to up it to make more , send guys like that to Spain and put them in a Bull Run Ha. :angry:
Old 1/30/05, 03:47 PM

In the meantime, I've been to two other dealers who also blamed the lack of Xplan participation on Ford. Funny tho, when I mentioned that the partner website says Xplan is available on all vehicles except F450, but that it is voluntary participation by the dealer, they clam up and have no comeback except to say wait a few months and come see them again later!

I've still got about 3 more dealers to visit in my vicinity - mostly smaller towns, so I am hoping for a more friendly reception.

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+January 29, 2005, 7:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ January 29, 2005, 7:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-oiler849@January 20, 2005, 7:51 PM
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/2/05, 03:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Original Sin@January 28, 2005, 1:50 PM
Darth Bob - how's yours coming along, any other info???

aarrgggggg.....Nothing yet Mark. I'll call him in the morning.
Old 2/2/05, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Darth Bob - VIN or no VIN, I guess neither of us are getting our Stangs for the 23rd - my BD too but this present's for me!!

Oh well. Keep ur hopes up, it's still a looooooong way to the finish line.

Mark.
Old 2/3/05, 10:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Arrow

Well.....The Fleet Mgr said that I was next on the list. Since I was number 3 two weeks ago I guess that is good news. Ford schedules on Thursday so maybe I will have some news tomorrow.
Old 2/6/05, 10:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Arrow

Still Clean and Unscheduled :bang:

Maybe next week???
Old 2/7/05, 12:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by darth-bob@February 6, 2005, 11:59 AM
Still Clean and Unscheduled :bang:

Maybe next week???
I ordered mine December 30th. I was told I was 20th on the list then. As of last Thursday I had made it up to 7th. I guess that is progress. Maybe if I am lucky I will have my pony by the end of Feb... Other wise you guys are going to have to watch a grown man cry
Old 2/8/05, 08:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Ive been crying for weeks now....
Old 2/9/05, 01:23 PM

I ordered my 2005GT coupe second week in Jan. Has all the options and black. First time I saw the new one I went nuts! Not sure of the age group represented in this club but I had a '65 GT with the 271 hp 4 speed new. Have restored many over the years and will end my car restoration hobby with this new one. I was told I would be lucky to see it before May.
Old 2/9/05, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey DarthBob - just got a production date.....week of the 21st of February! With any luck, it'll be done on the 23rd - couldn't have a nicer BD present than that. I told the dealer to call the plant and tell them know that a birthday car was getting built that week but they laughed - go figure. Oh well. I'll let you know if things change but in the meantime I've got my fingers crossed for 'ya.

Mark.
Old 2/10/05, 05:15 AM
Cobra R Member

It takes them one day to build it.
Just promise me you wont drive it till I get mine!! :nono:

Old 2/10/05, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by darth-bob@February 10, 2005, 6:18 AM
It takes them one day to build it.
Just promise me you wont drive it till I get mine!! :nono:

Darthbob - if the weather here (another 6" of that white crap yesterday and today) keeps up, you've got a deal.

Keep the faith brother. I've heard of lots of hang ups that I could face and lots of good news stories (like build date and delivery within 2 weeks) that you might luck on to.

Fingers are still crossed for ya
Old 2/11/05, 08:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by melinalee00@January 29, 2005, 11:11 AM
I'm so anxious. I ordered a manual Windveil Blue GT on 2 Jan 05. My priority is 30. Is that bad? I hear a lot of you had priorities of 10 or 11. The dealer told me it should take between 12-14 weeks. I ordered the Sport Appearance Package in hopes of getting my car sooner. As of 14 Jan, I've been "cleaned and unscheduled." I keep calling and nothing has changed for like 2 weeks. I live in the Northern Virginia area, I heard that your region of the country has something to do witht the delivery time as well. I'm aiming to have the car by mid-March. Considering my order date, priority and current status does it sound realistic to get it by then?
Which dealer in Northern VA did you order from? I ordered from Cowles Ford in Woodbridge on January 29. They told me 6-12 weeks "on average". Guess they are covering their rear for when it stretches past that. I just hope I have the car in time for the All Ford show in Carlisle 3-5 June.
Old 2/11/05, 09:11 PM

I must be very lucky because I ordered my GT around the second week of January and was told the earliest I would receive it would be late March or early April,and possibly as late as May.Well,I just talked to my dealer today and my car is already being built,with a tentative arrival date of the week of February 27th.She did give me the VIN # and she was also very surprised things were moving so quickly.I've never been so excited about getting a new car and I hope everybody here gets theirs as soon as possible.Gary.

Quick Reply: New Order