Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/14, 07:52 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
BTW,

glad you are finally happy Burton. Sounds justified
You needed some joy after recent accumulation of disappointments.
Old 8/9/14, 11:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
So idiot was driving under the speed limit Thursday in the passing lane , people behind him getting agitated so they pass hit he gets upset tosses his hands in the air , his car swears to shoulder kicks up a rock & takes out my windshield, grrrr u had a brand new one put in today , it's so clean.
Old 8/9/14, 11:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
So idiot was driving under the speed limit Thursday in the passing lane , people behind him getting agitated so they pass hit he gets upset tosses his hands in the air , his car swears to shoulder kicks up a rock & takes out my windshield, grrrr u had a brand new one put in today , it's so clean.
Its a freakin' epidemic around here lately. One of my Exploders has the windshield broke right now, the other one has been hit twice in the last few weeks so hard its a miracle that it didn't bust, and the ol' lady's new Honda has the windshield busted as of a few days ago. That one should be nice, it has all those cameras and sensors in it for lane departure, traffic stopping, etc.
Old 8/10/14, 12:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
When I was talking to my insurance agent he'd said, now if it's sloppy Ness say of a city/ municipality etc that weed have a week to get them for a claim against them , I pointed that out to him that it happened to me & I made them pay but I couldn't chase the turd down I would have beat him senseless and wound up in jail so I had to pave a 200.00 deductible .
Old 8/10/14, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
A little further along:

Headers are going out for coating and by the time we get them back (week of Aug 18), we should be pretty much ready to fire it up the first time.
Old 8/10/14, 12:16 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Update: Went to the Des Moines Cars and Coffee today for a show and dyno! Figured I'd take Sean's (MJJ) advice and try Karl's Performance. They had a superflow dyno. I hope waking up at 4:45 am to drive 2 hours to cool down in time, was finally worth it. Turns out, it was finally a success.
We arrived there at 7:15. Parked, and put my name in for the dyno shootout. I let 2 other guys get on before me. I got on, around 9. Almost 2 hours of cool down would hopefully do the trick. Temp was 70ish…hardly any humidity. Perfect.
Got strapped on within minutes. And his "setup" time, literally took many 5 minutes tops. Started the car, and within a couple minutes of additional set up and sync time, we literally did our first pull.

Finally!!! Redemption! Numbers where I wanted to be! (sortta…lol) 521 whp and 446 wtq. 15 to 20% loss, puts me at what, between 615 and 650 crank hp? Best part is the flat torque "curve"… hehe.
Awesome Burton. Finally got some numbers.
Sounds good bro!

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Nice bike Darren.
Old 8/10/14, 01:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
These are getting dipped...

Name:  FttGFQp.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  363.8 KB
Old 8/10/14, 04:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
BTW,

glad you are finally happy Burton. Sounds justified
You needed some joy after recent accumulation of disappointments.
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome Burton. Finally got some numbers.
Sounds good bro!

Nice bike Darren.
Thanks a ton guys. Redemption at last.

Darren, I'm envious of your Ducati.
Old 8/10/14, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took it for a 40 mile joyride today, it was cool but nice, I actually had to turn the heat on from the wind chill.
Old 8/10/14, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to a car show in Beverly Massachusetts with the Mustangs of Massachusetts... we met in Swampscott and had a convoy to the show that went to the Cummings Center by way of Marblehead Neck, a very expen$ive oceanfront neighborhood with some fantastic views.
Old 8/10/14, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I ran autocross with mine. I'm probably one of the slowest people out there (certainly the slowest in Time Only), but I had a blast. My runs were all clean and I chopped 9% off of my time. I'm learning.
Old 8/10/14, 08:38 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
I ran autocross with mine. I'm probably one of the slowest people out there (certainly the slowest in Time Only), but I had a blast. My runs were all clean and I chopped 9% off of my time. I'm learning.
that's what matters

Did you get any pictures? invest in a gopro
Old 8/10/14, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's what matters Did you get any pictures? invest in a gopro
exactly,
Old 8/10/14, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

I did. I used my new Hero3+ Silver Edition for the first time today, along with the GoPro app for my smart phone as a remote. On my first run I inadvertently switched to snapshot mode, but I corrected that for subsequent runs. I shot at 720 at 120FPS in medium field of view with the camera mounted right at the top of the windshield. I need to get my last run processed and loaded onto YouTube and post a link..
Old 8/10/14, 10:24 PM
Cobra Member

Okay, here is my best run.
Old 8/10/14, 10:39 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

awesome! autocross is so fun.
Old 8/11/14, 08:31 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Gabe I'd be all up for that.

Nick, here's another option. What if I bought a brand new set of fogs from either Ford or elsewhere, in box, have them ship it to you directly? Or, I could clearly document (pictures, etc) the items before I shipped them to you?

Gabe is right though...I'd be the last person you would have to worry about ANYthing being scratched
We may offer this service in the future. It's a shame you aren't local to us! I'd love to have you bring them in

We typically charge $100 for local angel eye installations, when the headlights are brought in.

It's just too risky to have customers mail in headlights. We don't want to create any additional hassle for customers.

I know from experience converting my GT's front end, how hard it is to find GT500 headlights and fog lights (bought mine used)

Nick C.
Old 8/11/14, 08:34 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
We may offer this service in the future. It's a shame you aren't local to us! I'd love to have you bring them in

We typically charge $100 for local angel eye installations, when the headlights are brought in.

It's just too risky to have customers mail in headlights. We don't want to create any additional hassle for customers.

I know from experience converting my GT's front end, how hard it is to find GT500 headlights and fog lights (bought mine used)

Nick C.
Nick, did yo see my other option? I can buy OEM from Ford, then just have them ship it to you for you to do your halo work. It will never come to me first, so no worries about me not "packaging" it well.

thoughts?
Old 8/11/14, 10:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Nick, did yo see my other option? I can buy OEM from Ford, then just have them ship it to you for you to do your halo work. It will never come to me first, so no worries about me not "packaging" it well.

thoughts?
Hmmm...I never really thought of that, but it's not something we would expect customers to do.

Send us an email and we may be able to work something out for you: contact@diodedynamics.com

That would be entirely up to our production team, but that's a good suggestion

A friend of mine from Kansas City will be sending us a brand new set of headlights for his Viper ACR

Nick C.
Old 8/11/14, 10:57 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Hmmm...I never really thought of that, but it's not something we would expect customers to do. Send us an email and we may be able to work something out for you: contact@diodedynamics.com That would be entirely up to our production team, but that's a good suggestion A friend of mine from Kansas City will be sending us a brand new set of headlights for his Viper ACR Nick C.
Thanks Nick...I will send you an email with the quote request today. If there's a will, there's a way, right?

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/12/14 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?